Tuition Express

Billing software for childcare centers and preschools

Lenka M.

Easy tuition processing

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

It is well worth the savings in time it would take counting checks and cash, making bank deposits etc

Pros

I like how easy and convenient Tuition express is. It is almost effortless to collect tuition electronically.

Cons

Some credit card processing fees are really high. Some are upwards of 10%. Most are between 2-5%. Wish there was. Way to know what the fee is before running a card.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Lenka, thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that Tuition Express has made collecting child care payments almost effortless. The Procare Payments team would be happy to do a rate review with you to go through acceptance strategies that can help reduce processing fees. Someone from our team will be in touch. Thank you!

Jennifer F.

Great Software, very difficult to get customer support

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

Over all, I will continue to use Tuition Express.

Pros

Tuition Express provides seamless interaction between Procare and billing. The system is easy for my staff and our parents to use. As a business owner, it is great to be able to access the software remotely via the cloud. In addition, the reports are easy to pull and easy to understand.

Cons

I don't have a con about the software. However, it is nearly impossible to get customer support. There are always long wait times on the phone and when you opt to leave a message for an agent to call you back it is typically and hour or more before someone returns your call.

Response from Procare Software

Jennifer - We're glad to hear how easy Tuition Express is for your staff and parents to use. We're sorry you've found it challenging to reach support. Hold times do vary and it can often be easier to get through early in the morning or later in the afternoon. Tuition Express Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific. If your question is Procare-related you also have the option of calling our main Tech Support number or submitting a question online. Hope that helps. See: http://procaresupport.com/contact-procare-support/

Christy K.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

This is a good addition to existing Software.

Pros

The frequently used features are easy to use. The software provides excellent nonfictions to the customers and the client. Also has several reports that are easy to access and review.

Cons

The refund process and the documentation process for denials is too difficult to perform without technical support.

Lucille V.
  • Industry: Accounting

Navigating different screens

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Anytime we call they are extremely helpful and explain everything. They usually call back in a timely fashion.

Pros

There usually is a way to correct errors

Cons

Don't like that you get locked out of lines in the ledger

Response from Procare Software

Lucille - We're glad you find the support team so helpful. As to having locked lines in the ledger, you may be referencing one of two things both of which you have control over. First, it could be you want to be able to post a date farther in the past or future. To do so see: http://procaresupport.com/how-can-i-post-past-or-future-dates-on-the-ledger-card/. Second, you may be referring payments that have a lock icon because they have been closed in a deposit report. If it's a cash or check payment you can unlock the item, see: http://procaresupport.com/deposit-correction-unlock-ledger-card/. Hope that helps!

Diana S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

So Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Working with Tuition Express has been great. Our rep has been great to work with and is easily accessible the few times that I've had questions!

Pros

Our childcare centers have been using Procare/MyProcare for the past two months. Originally, our plan was to start with my center and slowly roll it out to our other 3 childcare centers, one each month. After the first week of my program having parents pay online using MyProcare, I had our IT Dept open it up to the other 3 centers to immediately start using. It was SO easy!! The parents love the ease and convenience of paying their tuition online, and I (and the other 3 directors) love how quickly we are now able to complete the billing aspect of our job & be with the children our programs service. Most of us used to spend several hours each week completing weekly billing, but with MyProcare & Tuition Express, we can complete this task in 15 minutes or less!!

Cons

Nothing! Sure, the initial setup--entering families and carrying their balances from our old spreadsheets--was a little time-consuming, but once that initial task was complete, it's been easy going.

Stephanie B.

Tuition Express

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

AMAZING! We would have remind the same families to pay their tuition weekly and now it is all collected automatically.

Pros

Tuition Express has made the office more efficient. There is less time spent collecting outstanding tuition balances. The parents have access to their account information around the clock!

Cons

Nothing! I can not think of anything negative about the program. Its easy to set up and easy to use!

Kathy P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Tuition Express survey

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

It has shortened my workday, reduced the amount of accts. receivable every week, eased payments for our parents. Love that the parents know the exact amount of their weekly fees at payment screen. Has almost eliminated those pesky "left over" fees (extra meals, field trips, etc.) that parent's can forget.

Pros

It is very user friendly. For parents and staff that are not computer comfortable, it is very non-threatening.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. You have done a great job.

Bobbie A.

Easy way to collect Tuition

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

It has been super helpful to collect tuition payments from parents.

Pros

I love how it works seamlessly with Procare. Typing in the information and updating card information is very simple, quick, and easy. Parents are able to pay via one time payment or through recurring payments.

Cons

It can be tricky to know which icon is for what purpose. But honestly, this could be human error on my part.

Maegen T.

Maegen- Director

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

I had an amazing experience with my phone call and the support he provided.

Pros

I like that it keeps our kids and Employees records together. It's easy to use and very easy to run our tuition each month.

Cons

When I don't understand the bank end of it. ex.- If a tuition payment we try to submit gets returned and we try again, the parents say the money is there so dont understand why it won't go through. I did not understand in this case why we could not get it to go through so I called customer service and asked for support.

Taryn N.

Procare Tuition Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

Pros

We use this software to bill the parents that have their children enrolled in our facility. It makes it so easy to organize all of our information and accounts.

Cons

There hasn’t been any issues that we have found so far.

Rhonda J.

Tuition Express Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Tuition Express is so simple to use. We encourage ALL of our parents to sign up for the automatic debit for tuition.

Cons

Nothing at all! I don't like the fees, but they have to fees to stay in business.

April L.

TE support

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Whenever placing a call for customer service support - they are professional and helpful. At times the wait is a little lengthy.

Pros

It is very functionality and very helpful

Cons

the software is great and I have no issues.

Abby W.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Very helpful & quick to respond if we have ever run into an issue

Pros

works well, saves us time of tracking down parents for payments

Cons

We have not had any issues we would speak of

Letcie Q.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

This software is easy to use and has so many great features!

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about this software.

Barbara G.

Great Product to Integrate with Procare

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Tuition Express has provided a quick and easy way for our daycare to set up and process tuition payments. When I have called customer support to ask questions, they have been very friendly and supportive in every way. I am fully pleased with my experience with Tuition Express as a daycare director.

Pros

Tuition Express is a great product to use and integrate into the Procare management system. The software makes setting up and taking payments from customers a breeze. And, if you ever have any questions, the customer support is exceptional and willing to help you.

Cons

There is a small monthly cost involved in using the software - we have not run into any real cons for this software program.

Wendy H.

Tuition Express training with Benji

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

I was nervous about starting automatic payments with my childcare center. The support staff walked me through the steps to set up and submit the payments. He took his time, explained every step, answered all my quesitons, and never made me feel hurried or uncomfortable. Procare takes care of their customers by taking care of training their techs.

Pros

It is easy to understand and follow the steps.

Cons

I have not found a thing I do not like yet.

Beth H.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

We use Tuition Express-it's extremely easy and user friendly. Payment information goes directly to and from Procare so that our office staff and parents can both see and access accounts easily. We batch credit card and checking payments and have a much better overview of our financial picture for the month. One of the very best things about Tuition Express and other Procare products is the extremely responsive, helpful and friendly customer service. If we have any questions at all we just call up customer service and they not only "fix" that particular issue, they explain what and WHY so that we become better managers and users. We have been very satisfied with Procare and with Tuition Express.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy and fast way to pay my child's tuition!

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

I'm so glad my daughter's school started using Tuition Express. Now we don't have to worry about forgotten checks, payments etc. Just spend few minutes and you are done. And also from director's point of view it is easier now to work with invoices, yearly tax statements.

Cons

Don't have any negative comments about Tuition Express.

Katobwa S.

Power and Grace Preparatory Academy

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

It has been wonderful. I simply do not have time to use all the parts that would help me but I must find time. I could save so much money by way of not paying someone to do what the system can do.

Pros

Parents getting on the system to pay their tuition. I love the running report of what is owed.

Cons

Reoccurring dates for ACH are not available

Tracy M.

This software has changed the way we do business and gives us so much more time management.

Reviewed on 2016/02/26

This software has helped to run my business for almost a decade. Tuition express has been the icing on the cake. The customer service is hands down the best I have had when implementing a new program. I had my hesitations changing was was comfortable but this has exceeded my expectations. I truly wish I would have done this sooner.

Melinda A.

Tuition Express Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Billing was a headache this simplifies the process and makes it more streamlined.

Pros

I like how it integrates into Kinderlime (Procare) and makes the process very seamless. It is also easy to use and makes billing simpler.

Cons

It took me a while to get use to the system overall, but once I learned it, it was easy and made my billing a lot less of a headache.

Jacqueline Q.

St. Mark's Preschool

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Customer representatives have been fantastic and patient as we learn the new software. Great customer service.

Pros

Ease of use, user friendly, comfortable clicking on tabs to learn more, the videos are helpful.

Cons

There is not anything we don't like at this time.

Shobra S.

Legit payments with no worries

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

This is a great feature used by my childcare where recurring payments are made directly to the provider. Here I don’t have to worry about paying them monthly in their payment schedule.

Cons

I wish it had a feature where it would all forms of credit card and the most recent one on top.

An easy to use billing software

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

overall it is a good platform for billing and payments.

Pros

It has an excellent quality that allows the users to save time and man power. and it is also easy to access the software remotely.

Cons

the turnover time or feedback corresponding to the transactions is very late...even it takes more than 48 hours sometime.

Katie S.

Tuition Express is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

We switched exclusively to Tuition Express for child care tuition a couple of years ago. It is so easy to set parents up in ProCare using Tuition Express. It has cut down on past due balances tremendously. Families love that they don't have to remember to pay tuition each week and it can automatically come out of their account.

Pros

Tuition Express is so simple to use to pull our families tuition payments every week. We no longer need to accept check or cash payments. This has helped tremendously with unpaid balances.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the fees. It is cheaper than credit card fees, but I think the fee could be lower.