PayPal Zettle

4,6 (1 744)
Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

(1 744)

Fabrice I.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Review PayPal

Reviewed on 2021/12/29

I had a problem with my paypal account being hacked and by contacting customer service everything was resolved very quickly. I use it fluently and it is an excellent method of payment, I am very satisfied.

Pros

PayPal is an electronic wallet that allows you to pay online, send and receive money in a completely secure way. The great thing is how easy it is to make a payment.PayPal is an electronic wallet that allows you to pay online, send and receive money in a completely secure way. The great thing is how easy it is to make a payment.

Cons

Currency trading is a real drawback.
The fees can be quite exorbitant for professionals. Despite the more than effective security of paypal the risks of scams are commonplace.

Obrian S.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

PayPal zettle I love it

Reviewed on 2022/01/09

My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Haroon H.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Paypal the Solution of Transferring the Payments

Reviewed on 2021/12/08

Pros

It consists of numerous useful features like it doesn't have high initial costs. There is no monthly fee. It doesn't create limitations for its users with respect to long term commitment.

Cons

Although, it offers many positive features to its customers, a few limitation also exist here. It carries limited integrations and add on features.

Abdelrhman K.
  • Industry: Program Development

The most Security way to send and receive money all over the world

Reviewed on 2021/11/19

I started with Paypal 10 months ago when registering the account. I noticed a lot of procedures that I used to do in the beginning. They were redundant, but later I learned that they are very important because they help secure your account. Paypal is very secure. It uses 2FA.talking about transactions, paypal is Very fast in sending, receiving and paying with the application on the android and ios systems which makes the use easy. Paypal always updates the conditions in order to maintain the quality of the service with good customer service and very fast, for me in my work life Paypal represents a large part of my work as You can create a business type account that provides you with a lot of tools to connect your business with the application, I think it is the best so far

Pros

Paypal is very fast and easy to using more than others

Cons

The commission for direct withdrawal to a bank account or bank card is $5, which is somewhat high

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Experimenting with all these applications, I knew that PayPal is better in terms of security and it helps me a lot in my work
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

So much better than Cash App

Reviewed on 2021/12/31

Pros

I like how easy it is to transfer money.

Cons

I would like more cash giveaways as incitive.

Thayller T.
  • Industry: Accounting

PayPal Zettle Review

Reviewed on 2021/12/28

With the Pay Pal Zettle card machine, it is possible for me to provide my services to my customers and they have the possibility to pay for them by card, and they can even pay in installments.

Pros

What I liked best about this software was its practicality. It manages to bundle the card machine with excellent rates along with an excellent and functional business management application.

Cons

Although they are excellent, I believe they could offer even better rates. With lower rates they could bring in more clients, which could be a great alternative for growth and expansion of the company.

Jeffrey W.
  • Industry: Market Research

Pay pal is great for buying online

Reviewed on 2021/11/26

I think that it is exceptionally protected and great to use for online buying.

Pros

I like the usability, as both a client when I'm purchasing an item on the web, and as an entrepreneur, getting installments on the web. I likewise like that PayPal upholds business accounts and consistently attempts to offer the opportunity to be vindicated, assuming there are at any point any issues.

Cons

I accept that there is as yet an issue with finding another Paypal client's name rapidly. It actually takes some time longer than different organizations.

Taha E.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Amazing PayPal

Reviewed on 2021/12/05

Pros

Ease of use Excellent face Ease of creating an account for financial transactions in online commerce
Security of your information

Cons

It is good. This is something that no two people disagree about, but you may encounter some difficulties, especially since it does not work completely in some countries. It may be an excellent choice if you use it to buy products online.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Easier communication and business management all over the world is the future

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Make it easy for me to run a business online

Pros

In fact, before this application, remittances and online work were more complicated, and sometimes I failed to get my money from abroad, especially working online, and now it is the new future. Remittances, confidentiality, security, adding a bank visa and external transfers are easier and managing your sale online.

Cons

In fact, it is good and has many advantages, and I do not find any disadvantages

Martine M.

PayPal

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

It is a widely used and recognized system and easy to integrate into other platforms.

Pros

It is a widely used system for payment via credit cards.

Cons

The fees attached for non-profits could be less.

Tama G.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Perfect for small to medium businesses

Reviewed on 2021/06/30

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount is a simple two-click process, and it goes through quickly for the customer. Payments go through quickly, as do transfers to our business checking account.

For me as the treasurer, the fact that the PayPal Here transactions go into our "standard" PayPal account is great. I can use the reports as generated by PayPal or download transactions to Excel or into QuickBooks to merge them into the overall reporting for the board. They're clearly marked so I know which are from PayPal Here vs. the donation button on our website so that I can correctly categorize the income quickly.

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The fees were more reasonable for us as a nonprofit, and the seamless integration with our existing PayPal account was a big plus for us. It was also a more familiar interface for our users, and at the time had better options for setting up individual user access so that we could have some people who could only take payments, others who can process both payments and refunds, and admins who can see full balances, make transfers, etc.
Kevin A.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner.

I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me.

You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Joshua K.

Quickest Way to Accept Payment with Cards

Reviewed on 2019/12/25

PayPal Here makes it super simple to accept payment from my customers. I like that it's linked directly to my PayPal account and that funds are available immediately. Before I started using PayPal Here, I would have customers ask to Cash.app me funds or send them via Venmo. The downside to this was that it wasn't necessarily professional and I had to wait for funds to be transferred to my bank account.

Pros

PayPal Here is by far the quickest way to accept payment from customers with credit/debit cards. I'm particularly referring to the speed in which funds are available for spending. It's very simple to swipe the customer's card or enter their payment information and then almost instantly have access to those funds. I the earlier days of PayPal Here, I was one of the fortunate people that received a free card reader. This came in handy as all I had to do was plug it into my iPad and simply swipe the customer's card.

The app is somewhat customizable, too. For example, you can specify whether or not you want to require a customer's signature for certain purchase amounts. Also, the app integrates with PayPal Inventory Management as an added convenience if desired.

Cons

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the fact that I am charged a higher percentage on the fee if I manually input the customer's credit/debit card information as opposed to just swiping their card. Sometimes I feel that this is an unfair thing - especially in cases where the customer's card is not properly reading when swiped in the card reader. Lastly, PayPal no longer provides free card readers (unless you're a new user). So, if you need a new, updated card reader you'll have to pay for it.

Stripe

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

Cash.app wasn't a professional way of accepting payment and it didn't really create a legitimate record as far as business deals were concerned. Plus, I had to wait for money to be transferred to my bank before having access to the funds.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

I already had a PayPal account, so PayPal Here definitely was the easiest way to go.
Mary O.

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money.
Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PayPal Here Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

My overall experience is great with PayPal Here, I like the software because it is very convenient and I can charge the customer credit card anywhere as long as I have a smartphone and the fee is decent because it is not too expensive but it is also not too cheap either.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the device that is used with the software is also easy to use. What I love most about the software is it is available on any mobile device and I can easily take payment anywhere on the go.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is, there is no ability to upload pictures of a product you are selling to the software. The software only accepts a name for each product.

Zuhairah A.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very convenient in making payment

Reviewed on 2021/01/30

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

Anthony A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Payment processing pretty much anywhere

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

I have been PayPal as a payment processor for a long, long time, before the card reader accessories were branded "PayPal Here". First and foremost is funds accessibility; if you obtain the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds way faster than many other processors. I've also found the fees to be in line with or better than the competitors. Furthermore, if you use the Debit card for purchases, you can "recover" some of the fees you were charged.

Also, flat fees for all cards, whereas other either didn't accept certain cards or charged more for them). Lastly, PayPal has the best and easiest dispute resolution of any processor I've used, hands down. (For both sides)

Pros

Ease of use, speed of funds access, fees, well known and respected name, supported payment methods, and sometimes customer support, dispute resolution

Cons

Sometimes, customer support is lacking (roll the dice?), and the "rebate" program on the Debit card changing over the years (less reward)

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

I tried Square and a couple others (I think Quicken had one) some years back and found the funds accessibility and fee structure to be better with PayPal, and my so I stayed with PayPal. The other ones had either higher fees on some cards or didn't even accept one or two at the time (Discover and/or Amex).
Elizabeth S.

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Ashley N.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

LOVE AT FIRST PAYMENT! LOL LITERALLY.

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

AS I STATED BEFORE, "I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO)." IT MAKES OWNING A BUSINESS EASIER AND HELPS YOU FEEL LIKE A BOSS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Pros

EASY SIGN UP, PAYPAL IS WELL KNOWN AND USED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO).

Cons

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. NO CONS! WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Lorena Q.

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business.
And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time.
The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

Jennifer G.

Great for POS

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use and has excellent reports

Cons

The only thing that I wish PayPal here would do is work with a PC computer

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

Ease of use, quicker deposits

Square Virtual Terminal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Ease of use and availability on different platforms
Coty T.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Jessica P.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

Frank W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very Helpful to a Small Business

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

We run an online auction and have 50 people a week coming to pick up their items. Some can pay with cash but in this day and age offering another option is critical. We do not accept checks but PayPal is a great tool for our customers.

Pros

The ability to receive funds without the worry of waiting for them to clear or become NSF. I receive an instant notification when funds are received from a customer.

Cons

The fees to receive funds should be a tad bit lower. I understand there is no subscription for the product I am using so there does need to be some type of revenue for the app, but as a small business these funds can quickly eat into our profit margin.

Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Name recognition and ease of use for the customer.
Harley D.

My "Go To" Billing System

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Ease of use for small business.