PayPal Zettle Reviews

PayPal Zettle

4,6 (2 222)
Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

(2 222)

Lorena
Lorena

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business.
And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time.
The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

PayPal Here Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

My overall experience is great with PayPal Here, I like the software because it is very convenient and I can charge the customer credit card anywhere as long as I have a smartphone and the fee is decent because it is not too expensive but it is also not too cheap either.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the device that is used with the software is also easy to use. What I love most about the software is it is available on any mobile device and I can easily take payment anywhere on the go.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is, there is no ability to upload pictures of a product you are selling to the software. The software only accepts a name for each product.

Dexter

Care very little if anything about customer satisfaction

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

If one does not care about interaction with this type company you have found your match. Bought a piece of software and used it or attempted to. Customer service attempted to install it for me and could not get it to work. I finally gave up and Paddle.com/Paypal would not refund even given the fact that their staff had attempted to get it installed. Paypal stated that downloaded software is deemed to have been delivered and refused to work out a sensible solution.

Pros

The ability to pay without exposing my credit cards to potential hackers carries a semblance of comfort!

Cons

They were absolutely the best until Synchrony became part of the package. Since this marriage customers get stonewalled and even though I had been a customer for over 17 years they decided (because I sometimes use a VPN) to cancel my use of the program. In the bylaws, they are required to send an explanation of any changes to your account. Which I still have not received! You really have not lived until you attempt to contact them when you have a problem. It took 4 days of leaving messages through email and no one could even offer a reason. After being a customer for 17 years one would think at least an email attempting to inquire about the problem would have been forthcoming! But I guess that exceeds their care to maintain a relationship.

Bianca

DONT WAIT GET THIS NOW

Reviewed on 2023/12/17

Pros

I love PayPal zettle it’s very easy when you at the store and to purchase a item all you need is a quickly scan !

Cons

No cons everything about it is good I told my friend and family about it

Carol
Carol
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

It was Great- until they made one little change

Reviewed on 2023/01/23

I needed a quick fix when they were phasing out our version of Quickbooks POS and we wanted something a little more flexible. After spending nearly a month looking for a new system we settled on this one, price is right, processing fees aren't bad, reporting was adequate enough to get by and we expected/hoped that it would get better the longer it was in use in the US, I was very wrong. The 'features' they've added have been mostly useless.

Pros

It's free, it's by PayPal so you can trust it and the price can't be beat

Cons

I've let a lot of things slide because it's free, but now that they transfer EVERY credit card transaction to my PayPal account it's terrible to try to reconcile in Quickbooks. The reporting is truly terrible and the customer service is basically non-existent. Try to even find the help section on the PayPal site. It's like they bought and make money off this thing, but don't actually want to support it.

Lightspeed Restaurant

Too expensive and clunky

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

It checked enough boxes for us to make the switch

Easy to use and easy to set up

Reviewed on 2022/07/13

Really pleased with it. I'm still find cool things that I can do.

Really pleased with it. I'm still find cool things that I can do.

Pros

I needed to find a new card reader as my previous one had died. As I have a paypal business account I wanted one which will link direct with my account without having to set up a new payment system.

The software and reader links straight to my shopify account so that I could use the card reader to link to my iPad and set up a POS at the mobile shows I attend. It brought in my entire inventory from shopify.

The software is easy to use and allows easy data to be accessed from the software dashboard showing sales by timeperiods and even go into each transaction to granular levels. You can also refund card transactions from within the software.

you can trigger your payments out to be daily, weekly or monthly to your designated account.

Cons

Note that the reader is really sensitive so do not put your phone close to the reader when entering in payment details or you can trigger apple pay ... yes, I accidentally paid for an order and had to refund it to myself (which was really easy in the software).

PayPal

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

My exisiting reader had died and this was a cheaper option.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Cost of reader, quickness of delivery and low charges for transactions

Worth it if you already use Paypal

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Paypal Here App allowed me to process payments in person relatively efficiently. It was important for me to have a way to do this, and Paypal offered an easy solution to this problem. I eventually moved on to other payment processors but it was highly useful to use Paypal Here since I didn't have to create another set of logins and could connect it immediately to my existing Paypal account.

Pros

It's easy to connect to your Paypal account so whatever money you process with the chip reader will be directly transferred to your Paypal account. It doesn't require a contract, which was a plus for me. It's a free software unless you upgrade your card reader to one that also accepts chip and contactless cards. It does have the security guarantees of Paypal, which is a plus.

Cons

It has fees for international currencies. It also becomes a more lengthy process to get your payments if the amounts exceed certain thresholds in a given period of time. Paypal in general has customer service that gets the job done but doesn't really make resolving issues simple or easeful. You also have to execute an action yourself to transfer the money from your Paypal account (after it's automatically deposited there from the processing) to your bank account, so it does add one more thing to do to your list.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

At the time, PayPal Here App seemed like an easier to implement solution since I was already a PayPal user. Eventually I did switch to Stripe in order to better integrate the whole payment solution into my website and in person.
Kristen
Kristen
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

PayPay for the win

Reviewed on 2022/03/20

Overall I really enjoy using this software its extremely easy to navigate through all my platforms are all hooked right into there I get all my business info. Really it been the best software I have used it seems it has more features than Shopify and cheaper. So its a win-win in my book GREAT JOB PAPPAYL

Pros

The availability of use from all different platforms The way I can manage and keep up with my business is amazing its better than Shopify in my opinion and way cheaper. Once you dive into PayPal Zettle you will see differences between them it's much easy to navigate. Very easy to learn a lot about my business I can now see what is trending in my stores online.

Cons

I loved a lot about this software A LOT but the prices can get out of control just make sure you get what you need and not what u want if that makes sense. I ended up with a bigger bill than wanted but still got all services offered and it was still cheaper than shopify.

Willie
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Most user friendly for accepting in person payments

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Overall this app is the most user friendly I've ever used and the usage fees are minimal compared to other apps like paypal here I recommend this app to any small business

Pros

Love how easy this app is to use and love how you can save your product or service by individual selections for easy future checkout

Cons

I can't find anything I didn't like about this app I give it five stars two thumbs up. Every small business should use this app.

Scott
  • Industry: Machinery

PayPal here is the best way to take card payments with your cell phone

Reviewed on 2020/12/30

I’ve had nothing but a great experience using PayPal here. I previously used a competing software and it was horrible in comparison. PayPal here will be around for a long time because it’s just a great program.

Pros

So convenient to be able to take credit/debit card payments with your cell phone! Payments go straight into your PayPal account and are available immediately. Very easy to use, just plug the card swiper into the headphone jack on your cell phone and you’re good to start taking payments.

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of to say about PayPal here is the transaction fee is a little on the high side, wouldn’t mind seeing it a little lower.

Tama
  • Industry: Veterinary

Perfect for small to medium businesses

Reviewed on 2021/06/30

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount is a simple two-click process, and it goes through quickly for the customer. Payments go through quickly, as do transfers to our business checking account.

For me as the treasurer, the fact that the PayPal Here transactions go into our "standard" PayPal account is great. I can use the reports as generated by PayPal or download transactions to Excel or into QuickBooks to merge them into the overall reporting for the board. They're clearly marked so I know which are from PayPal Here vs. the donation button on our website so that I can correctly categorize the income quickly.

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The fees were more reasonable for us as a nonprofit, and the seamless integration with our existing PayPal account was a big plus for us. It was also a more familiar interface for our users, and at the time had better options for setting up individual user access so that we could have some people who could only take payments, others who can process both payments and refunds, and admins who can see full balances, make transfers, etc.
Judi

Ditching PayPal

Reviewed on 2023/06/13

I enjoyed the low cost processing fees but PayPal Zettle lacks in so many ways and is limited in features.

Pros

Zettle by itself would be an excellent concept but I absolutely loathe having to deal with PayPal. I have a list of complaints as long as my leg with PayPal !

Cons

The card processor and terminal tends to be very seedy and has technical issues more often than not. PayPal is very frowned upon these days and my customers do NOT like using it !

Clover

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

The features I need to access were not offered and invoicing and POS keyed in transactions were over the top .

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

My husband (and business partner) was at the time very fond of PayPal and influenced my decision.
Amna
Amna

Can a company get any worse?

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

One of the worst experience ever. Customer support is almost non existant. Getting hold of a human is next to impossible and if you do get one, he/she can actually do nothing!!!

Pros

Forced to use it as many people have this! I don't like this at all and don't think there is any positive. Would gladly dump it if there is a good alternative

Cons

Where do I even start?

No customer service. Blocking accounts for no reason. Stupid 'security algorithm' blocking payments I want to send. Asking for my card when I have balance in my PayPal. Taking 24 hours or more to withdraw. Blocking my money for 6 months + etc etc

Phoebe

I Zettle the dream

Reviewed on 2022/03/17

Pros

Really good experience, I love the product and the small device. It is easy to use and allows me to manage my payments easily and effectively. It is a really quick and effective way of taking online payments and virtual payments from clients that have their debit/credit card but no cash. You can take the device with you wherever you go, as long as you have wifi / data you can accept payment.

Cons

It has a higher service charge than I would like for a small business like myself. I would appreciate a change in tarrif to reflect my sales / a start up company option for small start ups which will reduce tariff charges for service charges until you've made over a certain amount , then the tariff prices raise.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

I preferred the design and shape of the device, also I was recommended by a friend to go with Izettle instead of square.
  • Industry: Fine Art
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy to use; great for occasional use

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall positive experience. My original card scanner broke so I had to purchase another. I wish they would give another for free especially if the original one stops working.

Pros

I like that there is no monthly fee. I can use it as much or as little as I want for my business. It is easy to set up with different point of sale items and can even add pictures.

Cons

I do not like that you can't archive items to pull up to use again. That feature would be great to have. The processing rate isn't that great compared to other processors but is manageable for occasional use or special events.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

No monthly fees and connects to my PayPal business account for easy transferring. Set up took little time.
Fabian

Get rid of ties and tortuous banking procedures, just use PayPal Zettle

Reviewed on 2022/04/12

The experience with PayPal Zettle SoftWare has been satisfactory, we have increased our sales and expanded our field of action, time, economic and human resources have been optimized, it has been a magnificent investment since with it many inconveniences that we had with it have been solved. the recession caused by the Covid19 pandemic, with this tool we have fulfilled our sales program without any problem.

Pros

It is worth the investment of this tool, it is an easy-to-use system, it allows you to have an inventory control with photographic history or barcode or as you best decide, in addition to having your income secure without counting on the cumbersome methods of the traditional financial systems to carry out your transactions, saving time and money, you can customize the processes in an orderly manner at the time of billing, the most important thing is that you have control all the time in each process, you have the support and technical backing of the service of attention to the client of the creators of this important SoftWare, that take care of all the needs and doubts of their clients. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Cons

If we start to analyze this system in relation to others with similar characteristics and functionality, the PayPal Zettle SoftWare has certain things that do not even reach the point of disqualification, the inconveniences that arise are solved with a brief chat with the customer service and it is solved immediately, it is what we have verified in our company.

Fred
  • Industry: Automotive

Worst Purchase Ever

Reviewed on 2023/09/12

I bought the Zettle Terminal at the beginning of July, only to have it show up broken. No big deal, I certainly understand that things go wrong and accidents happen; however, ever since then, trying to deal with customer service to get a refund has been nothing less than laughable. I first spoke to a woman who said she'd get me some shipping labels printed and sent within a few hours so I could send it back. A couple of days later when I inquired as to why I hadn't gotten them, they suddenly showed up and I was told that they can take up to 48 hours to print. Okay, fine. So after sending the box back in sometime near the latter part of July, it's now almost the middle of September and I still haven't gotten my money back. I've sent several emails (to which I've gotten the auto-responder saying they've been received and assuring me I'll have a response within a couple of days) to which no one has yet responded, and I've managed to get through to someone on the phone one time who ASSURED me that he would get to the bottom of it and have me a response emailed out within a few hours, and, surprise, I never heard back. Today I called the same Zettle number I've called every time so far and spoke to a woman for about ten minutes before we figured out that she doesn't even work for Zettle but in fact for Paypal, which is technically different. She helped by giving me the Zettle number which was in fact the number that I had just called, lol.

Pros

I never got a chance to use it to see if there was anything likable about it.

Cons

Customer service is a joke. I've been trying to get a refund for the broken equipment they sent me for two months now and haven't managed yet. And it's not because there's some kind of dispute, they just stopped answering my emails and when I do manage to get someone on the phone they don't do what they say they're going to. I'm looking at you, [sensitive content hidden]

Aaron
Aaron
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Went from great to just okay

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

I used to love this app, and use it on a weekly basis for my business, but after a few updates it has just gone down hill. It started with just not working on my personal phone, then it stopped functioning on my computer and on my wife's phone. We uninstalled and updated on all devices, but it would no longer allow us to complete a purchase by typing the card numbers in, in fact it wouldn't even let us get to the screen to try and place the charge. This really has inconvenienced us as a business, as many of my clients are using church credit cards with no personal names on the cards, while they always had issues making payments via the paypal site because of this, they had always been able to make their payment by giving me the payment info over the phone. I have since had to have those clients send personal checks which is okay, but I am waiting for payments 1-2 weeks, whereas before I was paid instantly.

Pros

I liked the functionality of it in that it was easy to take payments where ever you are. It was simple to use, easy to understand, and great for being able to instantly send receipts to clients.

Cons

I dislike the fact that the fee is higher if you are not swiping the card, because in my business I have clients all over the world and very few that are local that could actually just swipe the card.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

If you sell, trade or freelance, you need PayPal

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Good!

Good!

Pros

The most important thing about PayPal Here App is that it’s easy to set up! A quick download, register your account and link it to your bank account which doubles as your verification process enables you to start collecting payments as fast as possible! If you take debit/credit card payments then you can’t do without PayPal! I sell goods in store and online, so having a POS that is scaleable across various platforms is extremely important for my business. Once payment is received, it’s easy to figure out the source, the amount and your total balance on account in one window! The App is available across several platforms, whether it’s a tablet, iPhone or android!

Cons

Cons per the App is that moving money to your linked bank account is not automated, as you have to manually move the amount to your designated bank account unless you use a PayPal card. Also, getting customer support is not pretty straightforward and getting someone to talk to is near impossible due to the difficulty in getting hold of the number. It’s however easy to send a mail.

Jonathan

PayPal Here? Good, or Bad?

Reviewed on 2021/09/17

My overall experience with PayPal Here has been quite pleasant, however with everything there is always slight problems.

Pros

What I like most about this software? I like how simple it is, I like how its designed-looks very clean and sleek, I like that I can add smaller accounts onto my account for employees, and make it so they have limited access to certain parts of the app (financials, reports, etc.)

Cons

I dislike the loading time and lag this software has every once in awhile.. Or the minimal bugs that appear.. But once again, few and in between.

Square Point of Sale and Clover
Silvanus
Silvanus
  • Industry: Dairy
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

PAY & RECEIVE MONEY ROUND THE WORLD

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far.
Absolutely no regret has been...

on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far.
Absolutely no regret has been recorded and i will recommend PayPal over and and over many other online money channeling merchants.
you can trust my word for it

Pros

Using PayPal has given a whole lot of advantages to remote job people to receive money easily for their services anytime
Receiving money via PayPal does not have any unnecessary hidden charges or exorbitant tax payable compared to many similar online merchants

Cons

The restrictions placed on some developing countries need to be reconsidered as it happens that these people constitute a huge population of user that PayPal could take advantage of

The Verification processes of Business entities registering for a business account with PayPal need to be more detailed so as to safeguard users money and dealings

Antonio
Antonio
  • Industry: Management Consulting

PayPal here (Zelle

Reviewed on 2021/08/17

The description of our experience using PayPal here is exemplary, appreciated and exceedingly efficient, cost-effective, and easy to use and because of the efficiency of Paypal Here we have not once required use support. The interfacing properties of Paypal here have allowed us to navigate smoothly, efficiently, and without any problems whatsoever. If and when a question needs answering, the Paypal website has an extensive list to garner the required answers.

Pros

It does not get any easier than PayPal here to facilitate payments from clientele for our company. The ease of the compilation of information is required for us to track expenditures and income. This allows for comparisons to our own systems to identify and ensure the accuracy of both of the aforementioned. And if a client may already possess a PayPal account, payment is relatively immediate and there is never any need for additional requirements or information from the client. Expediency and efficiency are expected by our clientele and this system allows it to be an integral part of the expectations of our clientele.

Cons

Not any discernible cons with the possible exception it cannot integrate possibly with WooCommerce.

Epiphanie
  • Industry: Utilities

PAYPAL ZETTLE revise

Reviewed on 2022/06/29

Excellent! I have been a customer for over 1 years without any worries, as a saleswoman and buyer. I think the customer service is excellent and we talk to resourceful people who listen and express themselves well.

Pros

An online payment usually offers different options: credit card, debit card, bank transfer (which slows down the process because it is necessary to check the arrival of the money), and Paypal Zettle . In the latter case, this option makes it possible to secure the user since he does not have to give his data as in credit cards, but Paypal Zettle is rather associated with a bank account and thus offers a certain confidentiality when it comes to performing this transaction efficiently.

Cons

It is a platform that asks for commissions on certain transactions. Paypal Zettle charges a commission to the seller for the use of Paypal Zettle as a payment platform if it has a type of business and the sale is related to it. But he does not bill when a payment is made to an individual or to a company that has already set its price before the product purchased. There are personal and business account options that will be used in case you wish to associate a specific company as a payment option.

Jack
Jack

Ability to accept card & contactless payments easily

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Paypal Here has meant my personal training studio and physiotherapy clinic has been able to take card payments, this has been of great convenience to both myself, my staff and my customers in that we no longer have to deal with cash.
The portability of the card device and the app based software have meant we are able to take payments on the go if we are training outdoors or at an event.
The software is easy to use and very intuitive.
The only fees are the cost of the card machine and then a very small percentage of the transaction meaning it has been much cheaper to run than many other options such as renting a card machine.

Pros

Affordable for small businesses
Integrated card machine allows card and contactless payments to be made
Card machine is easily portable and with the system being app based it means I just need a phone and signal to take transactions when on the go.

Cons

The Bluetooth connectivity can be a bit patchy depending on the device it is connecting to.

Ann
  • Industry: Hospitality

PayPal has made financial transactions easy and user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/01/13

PayPal offers a great service and we are grateful to have it. We feel that our money and transactions have always been safe and secure which is extremely important. We have used PayPal for years and have never had any issues. Their customer service is excellent and they offer great professional and fast support.

Pros

The thing I love most about PayPal is that it is easy to use. It is easy to track payment, keep a record, request money, send money. Money can be transferred directly into our bank account which has saved us tons of time. I really like that other people are not required to have a PayPal account to send money which makes it super easy for transactions. They also accept payment by credit card which has made our transactions very easy.

Cons

I would really like to learn more about the features they offer. I think that this could further improve my overall experience.