HelmBot

Cloud-based business management software for service centers

Jesse H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best Booking Software I've Ever Experienced!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Absolutely amazing. The software is very intuitive and clean. The team behind the scenes are superstars.

Pros

I absolutely love Helmbot - its been an essential component of our business. Its super user friendly from both a customer and staff point of view. The developers are extremely receptive to feedback - often implementing feedback suggestions within days!

Cons

I honestly dont have any negative feedback about it. Have our business run on Helm is amazing - I feel very lucky. We started with them just as they were launching theeir product - its continuously improved over the last 6 years. Now its smoother than ever.

Michelle L.
Industry: Hospitality

Ideal for our start-up!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

HelmBot keeps all the information we need for ourselves and our (future) employees organized in one space! It's easy to implement and use in all ways.

Pros

This program has been integral to our business. As new float center owners and operators, it was so reassuring to be able to rely on those who paved the way before us to set up a program addressing all the details we didn't know we needed to worry about. Customer support is excellent!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about HelmBot. They are always innovating and adding useful features.

Andy L.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Best software I’ve used

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

I have been beyond happy with Helmbot from the beginning and it keeps getting better and better. The value for what you get is unbeatable.

Pros

Very intuitive to use and does so many things. From scheduling to time tracking to measurement tracking and so much more. It makes it easy to run and keep track of what’s going on when I’m not at the shop also, with the built in communication and web based platform.

Cons

Whenever something is unclear or a new idea comes to mind it’s very easy to immediately contact support and they respond extremely fast. New features are constantly being added.

Heather C.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Helm is the ONLY way to go if you have a personal services business

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Life saver. saved money time and headaches! We started with a different scheduler and we have so many places to go to check in, and then collect payment. Then the paper trail for the tank health, it was a nightmare, then the HELM can and saved the day!

Pros

The easy set up and the AMAZING customer service.

Cons

I would like to be able to go back to the membership reports from the customer account. We have a lot of Credit Cards that are invalid and it would be nice to be able to go from the account back to the report

Kalyn W.

Best Software for Float Centers

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

I couldn't run my business without HelmBot. It organizes my sales, and services. Allows me to take online or manual appointments. NEVER fails, and gives great reports I use monthly.

Pros

I like how it is focused on float centers but allows for retail and other modalities.

Cons

It's complicated software and there is so much to it that the learning curve is high for me. But I'm not computer native.

Jenny V.

Feel very supported

Reviewed on 2020/08/15

Pros

The Helmbot team are awesome. They really listen and are always working to tweak their offering to be even better. It covers so many aspects of running a business from recording key indicators, rostering, customer management, easy interface for customer online booking, operational task management etc. etc.
They understand the float industry and have built a system that works on so many levels.

Cons

There's not much to not like about Helmbot. There are a few things that we have limited control over such as automated text message content that would be great to be able to adapt to our specific requirements and managing declining credit cards is cumbersome but in the scheme of things these are small inconveniences.

Vivian M.

A must have

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Amazing, great product, great service even although we are 8 hours ahead of time it’s still a top class service

Pros

I love it ease of use and how it allows me to have everything in one place.
Even an intranet where we can communicate across the business through the log book. From Taking payments, leaving notes, recording water chemistry, setting shift patterns HELM has it all .. by far the best piece of kit we have outside of our float cabins

Cons

Nothing really .. if we find things as we go the guys are great at developing and adding features that just help to keep life simple

Tracey B.

Amazing software

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Any small issues are resolved quickly and the support is amazing. I feel like I gained a few friends while going through the process of changing it over and learning how to set it up and use it.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and the customer support is top notch. They thought of everything a float centre could need as part of their everyday and nailed it.

Cons

The only thing I could possibly say is that I didnt change sooner.

David C.

Helmbot for Forever Floating

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Pros

It has everything I need in a software program to run my float center. Moreover, it was easy to learn. And when I needed help, help was readily available.

Cons

A single email address cannot be assigned to more than one account. Therefore, if a husband and wife desire separate accounts but use the same email address, I must merge their accounts.

Brad D.

Save Time, Money, and Headaches

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

It is my one-stop shop and has led to great efficiencies with our wellness centre. I can't recommend Helmbot and the team around it enough.

Pros

My background is in electronic health record software for cancer clinics and integration with existing hospital systems so I have seen dozens of products over the years. All come with pros and cons for their specific niche market. From the business side of things they often require staff to touch 2-3 pieces of software on any given day leading to training issues, upgrade testing bottlenecks and worst of all inconsistency of care for patients/clients. The fact that Helmbot contains all the features you could want to run your clinic, health / wellness centre, without a bunch of one-off features built for specific customers is refreshing. All the features integrate together to give it its power. A robust appointment scheduler that is integrated into an online portal for customers to self-schedule, an instant messaging tool for internal communications, ample notepads to keep detailed accounts of every interaction, a POS, customer appointment notifications, inventory and order tracking, staff shift scheduling, a group logbook, resource management, task generators to make sure everything is done on time, and so much more. Upgrades are also seamless as the software is all cloud based and updates are rolled out regularly. Even contacting and communicating with customer support is built right into the platform. The time savings on training staff on 1 system instead of 3 or 4 is worth the price of admission alone.

Cons

Integration with third-party apps or other CRM or EHRs is limited however the team is constantly assessing and adding new features as demand dictates.

Hailey K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best customer service on the planet

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Great. I use the helmbot to send gift cards and my employees use it to clock in and out. It’s a useful tool.

Pros

This software does prettty much everything. From scheduling appointments, to setting up an online store, internal staff scheduling, recording testing levels, providing customer reports, and being full of any feature you could possibly want—floathelm’s got it covered.
The BEST part of this software is the customer support team. Any question, feature idea or problem I encounter is ALWAYS answered, solved or investigated within hours. No long wait times, no hassle, no problem. If something comes up that their team can’t handle, they are proactive in getting the message to the right people who can help solve the problem. Further, they offer over the phone help if ever needed, with no long wait times or frustration. Special shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who have helped me navigate many many many MANY questions or confusions and always offer helpful tips and feedback into how I can use the software to the best of its ability.

Cons

I wish there was an app. An app would make floathelm even better for customers and admins alike.

Devon L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best customer support hands down!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Overall, using Helm has helped our business grow because it has saved us time by performing our membership renews automatically and sending out auto emails for followup etc.
We now have the ability to sell gift cards and float packages online also which has been a huge boost. Prior we would have to do this over phone, email, or in person.

Pros

The booking of appointments is very easy to navigate and setup. I love how customer support is available to answer your questions at all times. Responds within 20 minutes typically. The software is very interactive through each page. There are a lot of links to click that make navigating to all different areas very easy. The customization of how services, packages, and memberships are used is also incredible. The auto renewal of memberships and the auto emails going out has been a huge help in our business. Integration over to Helm was pretty seamless. We did not import previous customer appointments which made the transition quicker but lack the previous history. The option was there for us to import that, but we declined it.

Cons

The biggest thing we don't like about Helm is the Mobile side. I think this has lots of room to grow. It does work and you can navigate through the whole system via mobile, which is great for the back end but the customer experience on the mobile can be improved. I mentioned above that I like the many different links within every page, but what I don't like about this is that they are kind of hidden and have to be found. This is more of a time / experience of software. The more we use it the more we find and remember.
The ability to use more then just one payment option would be nice, (I know this is a work in progress).
The system does send out auto emails, but being able to customize them more would be a great addition.
We held back from using Helm for a while because of the poor mobile experience, but the pros to the software started to out weigh the negatives which is when we decided to make the switch.

Carla C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

BEST Scheduling Software ever!

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Can't say enough positives about this company! You won't be disappointed!

Pros

SUPER Easy. From the set up support to after care they are extremely responsive and helpful. If there is a feature I ask about and they don't have it they suggest a way around it. All of my clients like how easy it is to schedule. The reports are exactly what I need in tracking everything I do!

Cons

Wish it was easier to use on my phone but that's a small matter.

Robert M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Why would any float center use anything than software designed specifically for a float center?

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

I use Helmbot for everything including scheduling, POS, project management, time reporting, automated emailing, reporting, tank maintenance records, referrals, comps, and more

Pros

Super intuitive, highly customizable, multi-functional and just fun to use. Constantly updated with relevant and helpful functionality (i.e waiver capability)

Cons

It's hard to find fault with FloatHelm, but I would like to see a feature which allows easier transfer of float credits and maybe some sort of mass update function. When we had to close due to COVID shutdown, it would have been nice to be able to mass update all expiration dates.

Janette F.
Industry: Consumer Services

Helm is amazing

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Awesome. When I have questions or issues they get back to me right away . I rarely have any technical issues with the software , mostly ‘how do I do this’ questions which they always help me out with.

Pros

I have been using this software for years and it has been the cornerstone of my business . It is very easy to use , and has every feature that I need to run my business , take care of my customers and download and analyze my data in meaningful ways. They keep adding features that just sweeten the deal. Customer service is FAST and super friendly.

Cons

Can’t really think of much, except I wish it was less expensive .

Joseph G.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

FloatHelm aka Helmbot is easy to use and works!

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

We started out with Helmbot, at the time they didn't have group/class booking capability, so we tried to use WellnessLiving for 6 months (which was a total nightmare). We ended up going back to Helmbot and we are very glad we did. Helmbot now has group/class booking capability.

Pros

Simplicity of use, it takes about a day of exploration to learn all the bells and whistles of the software. Overall it has been the easiest POS/Booking system we have ever used, and see no reason to ever change.

Cons

Wish there were more ways (number of tandem services) to modify services/combo of services.

Gina H.

It has what you need!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I would (and have) most definitely recommend this to anyone opening a spa/floatation therapy.

Pros

There’s so much I love about the Helm, where do I start? Being able to keep proper logs of daily measurements, ease of adding and changing package deals and offers, and don’t forget the graphs! There’s amazing graphs for frontend and backend that makes seeing what’s actually happening a lot nicer. The customer service has been spot on and almost always is responded to quickly.

Cons

One thing I would like to see change is that it be mobile friendly for my customers as well as my staff. Perhaps an app?

Josh G.

The Helm is the best!

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Pros

The Helm is incredibly user friendly. Everyone that hops on can easily glide through the screens taking them exactly where they need to be on desktop and mobile. The Helm team made implementing this software a walk in the park.

Cons

I don't have much to say on the Con side. This software is exactly what my business needed and if I come up with ideas on how to improve their team is quick to implement them.

Joanne K.

Customer love Helm!

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Pros

Online booking for customers is a breeze!

Cons

I don’t like the visibility non-employees have into or booked sessions (greyed out boxes make it easy to determine number of reservations on any given day)

Taylor L.
Industry: Consumer Services

Wonderful Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Helmbot replaced our previous software and the transition was effortless. We are very happy with Helmbo!

Pros

Super easy to use and very practical. Easy to learn and customize.

Cons

No cons, the support team is super responsive.

Kenneth R.

couldn't be more satisfied

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/15

Service reps are quick to respond with questions or issues. They have been more that accommodating. Started to open my business in January and shut down because of covid-19 in March. I highly recommend Helmbot for there product design and especially for there customer service.

Pros

designed perfectly for a float business.

Cons

Could add more card reader services that integrate with helmbot.

Andrew L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

The ONLY choice for Float and Wellness center booking

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

I love how intuitive the interface is. It allows for smooth operation of the business from day to day, easy reporting, task management, and more...all in one place! Training new employees has never been easier as well

Pros

Made for float centers by a float center. Float Helm addresses all of my daily operation and booking needs, and then some. The robust features, constant improvements, and reliable and friendly support are allamazing.

Cons

Honestly, not much. The transfer of our 5 years of data from another booking system was incredibly seamless. Every time I find an issue or think of an idea for a feature, I know I can pass it to the Float Helm team and they'll be on top of it right away!

Sarah F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

We love using Helmbot to help keep our business organized!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

We would be absolutely lost without Helmbot! We use this system on a daily basis and it is essential for our business. From reminders for employees to clock in and alerts if an employee did NOT sign in helped save my business one day when an employee abandoned their shift! We also rely on Helmbot to keep us organized and this is where we communicate with other staff. It is our booking system, our point of sale system and data storage for all of our guests.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the fact that it is our POS, scheduling system & internal communication system all in one place! The reports are easy to find and help us stay informed. It is easy to compare sales from previous weeks/months/years. They system is versatile and easy to use.

Cons

I would like to be able to be more flexible with the appearance of the shopping page on my website. There are not many options to how this page looks when people go to look at pricing on the website.

Justin H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Perfect For Our Business!

Incredibly positive.

Pros

You can tell this software was designed by people who understand our industry. Everything we need to keep track of the essentials of our business is built into it. The customer service is also fantastic- responsive and helpful. Most of the time, the problem isn't the software, it's that I haven't yet learned one of its features and need to be taught where to find it. They've thought of almost everything!

Cons

It can take a little work to fully understand and utilize everything it has to offer, but the team is very patient and always willing to get on a call with you to walk you through what you need to know.

Ryan D.

Highly recommend Helmbot

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Overall highly recommend. Most importantly Customers love it too!

Pros

The ease and functionality of this software is very impressive. We have used this software for almost 5 years and have been thrilled with it. Their customer service team is top notch and are very passionate. I couldn’t imagine running our business without them.

Cons

It isn’t as robust as I’d like it to be with automation tools but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any.