Boulevard Reviews

Write a Review!
Business management software for appointment-based self-care

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.7/5

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Solid, reliable and modern software

Reviewed on 2022/01/15

Solid experience. It fulfills all of my needs. The extras will come, I'm confident.

Pros

If you're like me, you want to use a software that is most importantly reliable AND beautiful. I love what they did with the user interface. Booking appointments on the software is extremely easy, and new features are released periodically. They have a messaging center where we can quickly communicate with clients via SMS and a way to reach out to customer support quickly through their integration using INTERCOM chat.

Cons

I think the analytical reporting could be better. This might be something they can take from Booker's page. Some insight like how many customers are existing and how many are new would be great. How many booked online vs manual. Also, if they can integrate with Frederick or Emma, that would be awesome too. They are integrated with mailchimp which is nice.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Booker was purely unreliable. Period. So many issues and downtime.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

They allowed a trial where I could clearly see it's benefits. Meevo doesn't allow this at all. How can you trust a software company like that?!

Best POS Software!

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Overall the experience has been outstanding. The team is always attentive & responsive. They come up with alternatives & suggestions to help improve your experience! The software is great as it can be easily accessible on multiple devices & internet!

Pros

Boulevard software is very user friendly, easy to use & convenient! It has reduced the duration of front desk trainig. It has also made the managers that are behind the chair, have a very enjoyable experience. I

Cons

Some of the items that seem like they should be easy to customize, are in face a little more. It makes sense when you realize that the interface is for all users and not just your specific location (s).

Timely, ZENOTI, Phorest and Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Shortcuts was outdated, slow & problematic. On Saturdays (the busiest day of the week), the server computer that would host all data, could potentially go down. You would then be stuck performing offline transactions & having to complete transactions twice!

Shortcuts
Marchelle

Reviewed on 2021/09/27

It’s a new software so it’s expected but I think a lot of things could of been better over the years. Lots of new updates to keep current and trendy but with that comes a roller coaster of trial and error. With that being said old tech should be easy but isn’t.

Pros

Seamless booking appointments online for clients and in person.

Cons

Glitches … a new one every week! As a business owner you don’t have the time to make customer support tickets and figure out how to do workarounds more often than not. But I guess that’s how it is with these softwares.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Securing credit card info for internal and external wasn’t easy and lack of promises kept.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

They claimed they had an easy on boarding with Booker clients and offered incentives to do that.
Dawn

Great Decision

Reviewed on 2022/10/28

BLVD has been key in our growth. It’s simplified our cash wrap experience, made reporting more accurate and simplified the inventory process. My managers have easy access to the info they need while limiting other employees access. It’s made Gift Card tracking & purchasing simple as well.

Pros

The reporting is detailed and easy to navigate. We switched from a small business software to BLVD which is salon/spa specific and it was a very smooth transition. The customer service is great as they have always helped immediately with any challenges and questions we have had.

Cons

We have several service providers who belong to multiple departments (ie nails & skin) and being able to select which services they provide on a daily basis based on room/station availability would be so helpful. It would give us better utilization of stations because the resource feature isn’t reliable. Resources default and overbook without warning when scheduling in house.

Booker and SalonBiz

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

The software wasn’t spa specific and made several areas of business very difficult to navigate.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

I found BLVD on IG and I liked the vibe and image of the company. They were current and modern with an extremely professional look compared to so many other salon booking platforms.
Ken

Amazing Booking Software and Merchant Services!!!

Reviewed on 2022/10/26

Amazing onboarding team! The data migration was fast and painless. We had training videos and one on one sessions to learn the platform and when it was launch day, customer service and help chat provided help real time. Our clients love boulevard and appreciate the intuitive features applied to their profile such as timing and pricing specific to them. We have had only 1 slow down in 6 months and it did not effect functionality and was fixed within 2 hours.If you have a suggestion or idea, you are able to put in a formal request and these sometimes come into effect.

Pros

Amazing onboarding team! The data migration was fast and painless. We had training videos and one on one sessions to learn the platform and when it was launch day, customer service and help chat provided help real time. Now we have all new employees watch the training videos when onboarding and they are big fans of the help chat.We also love the online booking system and waitlist. We can easily fill gaps in our schedule with the waitlist featureThe software is modern, functional, and user friendly.

Cons

The client is unable to modify or view their upcoming reservations without contacting the business. This can lead to duplicate bookings. Also, there is no feature with credit card processing to add a credit card fee per transaction.

Phorest

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

To avoid system crashes, to streamline our booking system, and to have better customer service

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

It is more functional for a hair salon and had more competitive merchant services options.
Benjamin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Boulevard is the best salon software I have come accross

Reviewed on 2022/10/25

Boulevard has cut my call volume down by about 30% with online booking and texting. This has made staffing our desk easier and less stressful. The software has been very solidly reliable with only one notable outage in two years (and that was a major outage impacting a large swath of the internet).

Pros

The online booking and integrated texting are killer features. We will never have software without this. The transition from our old software was extremely well managed with little input required from me. The appointment search and schedule optimization were game changers for our scheduling. We can spend far less time manually hunting for appointments, and trust that our schedule will be decently well optimized without our intervention.

Cons

There are some features like advanced reporting that are still lacking. Boulevard does make continuous improvements and work with feedback from users to decide on the roadmap forward which is much appreciated. I would like more customization options in the software for scheduling, resource usage, etc... but overall I have found solutions using the tools that exist in Boulevard.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

We needed updated features like online booking, and the appointment search feature that Daysmart didn't offer. The cloud base was also nice so we didn't have to invest in so much infrastructure on our end.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

We liked the integrated texting, schedule search features, and overall flow of the software better.
Katherine

Stewart Palmer Salon and Spa

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

Pros

It's really easy to train new employees, the software is very user friendly. Great support when anyone has questions and people are always kind even when we might ask a stupid question. I really like implementation and having face to face meetings. It was very personal and I've never had a software company do that.

Cons

Having the ability to set the swipe as the default card payment would be helpful. Checking out with phones and having the ability for the guest to leave a gratuity as well. I really can't think of any cons. I've loved it and recommended it to fellow salon owners and salon consulting companies.

Phorest

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

I did a loooooong time ago for another salon I own. Envision is the worst. I checked out three software companies and Boulevard met my needs the most and the sales team was fantastic.

Envision Salon & Spa

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Boulevard was simple, met my needs, great price point, and great sales team. Also the confetti on the web page after purchasing was a nice touch. :)
Rachel

So happy with Boulevard!

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

It has been exceptional because of the excellent service. Couldn't be happier.

It has been exceptional because of the excellent service. Couldn't be happier.

Pros

I LOVE the customer service. Your team is so accessible and on top of things anytime I've had a concern. Thank you so much. I know I'm one of the first users - I am so grateful you let me stay on.

As a close second, I like the look of the design and the way it integrates with my existing site. The style and functionality together are unlike anything I've seen. It gives my booking interface a sophisticated look that aligns with my brand.

I have nothing but positive things to say about you all!

Cons

There are times when the software doesn't sync well with my google calendar. In particular, my google cal events don't show on the Boulevard calendar. There were a few occasions where I was double-booked. But I have been double-checking those on a regular basis to avoid that from happening again.

Calendly, Acuity Scheduling and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

One of the Boulevard employees is a friend of mine. It was word of mouth.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

The personal connections, the customer service, and the overall look/style of the site. It is better than anything out there I've seen.
Ryan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Customer Service is Inexistent. Bait and Switch Operation. Once they got you they are GONE!

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

By far the worst experience I ever had in the Medical Spa Industry. No customer service at all. Not even a single phone number of someone to call if you need help. It's bait and switch operation. They take your money, hope you can figure it out on your own, and then nowhere to be found.

Pros

The staffs scheduling was very easy to operate and manage.

Cons

There's no customer service unless you like talking to a bot. They don't provide any phone numbers. You will have to schedule a zoom call if you need assistance. They don't respond to emails either.

Aakilah
  • Industry: Consumer Services

This is a very user friendly site. I believe the clientele find it easy to use as well.

Reviewed on 2024/06/10

I really like Boulevard and I believe that it is super easy to use

I really like Boulevard and I believe that it is super easy to use

Pros

How easy it is to book people and add on enhancements

Cons

One thing I do find a little frustrating is the fact that gift cards for products are not available to see on our end

RoseMary
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Software for Salons

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

One of the best things about Boulevard is customer service. Any time we had questions or issues arise, our problem was dealt with swiftly and resolved. Whether we emailed the rep assigned to us or used the Help Chat or the Support Center, we always felt that our problem was addressed very quickly.

Pros

Boulevard is the 3rd scheduling software we have used in the salon, and is by far the best one. Boulevard is very user-friendly. We have had very few problems with it (business interruption or faulty software or the system going down) like we experienced with the other two programs we used in the past. We love the app the stylists/barbers can get on their phones to se e their schedules, be alerted when a client checks in and see client notes right on their phones.

Cons

The negative about Boulevard is that it doesn’t easily connect with any email marketing programs.

Jocelyn

Wonderful for spas and salons

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Boulevard solved our business problems of accounting and streamlined our sales & package tracking. They also helped us see multiple staff members' schedules at once. They had many cool features however many werent applicable to our healthcare business.

Pros

Boulevard is the payment processor, so it made checking out our clients & selling/redeeming packages, and processing refunds a breeze. It was an upgrade from our previous software in that we could see all staff schedules on one page and click anywhere on the schedule to make a new appointment, regardless of availability. The help team got back to us relatively quickly with guidance on any issues. There are features on it our company did not use, like inventory and product sales, processing and finishing time, etc. These functioned excellently, we did not have a need for them thought.

Cons

We could not require clients to complete their forms before finalizing their first appointment booking. And when clients received the confirmation email, it sometimes went to junk and other times the layout of the email was not clear to them as to how to find the forms to complete. It would have been nice to have a direct link to the form we could send the client. Also would have been better if we could download the forms after the client completed them. We also would have liked more follow-up email customizations, like being able to send more automations depending on if a client scheduled again, or immediately after their appointment with after-session care instructions.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Needed a better payment processor and scheduling that included forms.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Initially we chose boulevard because of the payment processor, we didnt want to use square anymore and appreciated the ease of having the processing in one location with the scheduling. However, we are now switching to acuity for financial reasons and because their forms and follow up email automations are more inline with our needs.
Kim

Boulevard: bang for your buck that keeps on growing

Reviewed on 2021/09/21

Boulevard has been overall incredibly beneficial to our business. It’s combined more than one program that we were using before for less than the cost, and gave us many new added features.

Pros

Coming from using a combination of Rosy for salon scheduling and booking, Zingle for text messaging, and a third party payment processor, finding boulevard and finding out that all of these features were built in was a no brained. The system is colorful and aesthetically pleasing, the the customer support team is usually quick to answer and assist any comments, questions, or concerns. The dev team regularly adds new, requested features. The mobile app has been great for our staff to keep track of their days and know when their clients have arrived or booked keeps them on track.

Cons

Some features that we are waiting on for boulevard to implement feel like they should’ve been included with the base software, such as letting staff see their tips on the mobile app. Sometimes customer support just doesn’t get the problem you are having, and it feels like you’re explaining it over and over. The software has yet to be down, but sometimes the POS has moments of glitchy-ness. Inventory control could use a little clarification and could be streamlined.

Vagaro and Phorest

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

It was a cheaper option to switch to boulevard, and it allowed us to use the same phone number we had for our landline for our text number as opposed to a different number via zingle. Rosy was also outdated and customer support was severely lacking.

Medallia Concierge and Rosy

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Boulevard’s demo sealed the deal. It checked all the boxes.
FORREST

BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR SALONS

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

INCREDIBLE.

INCREDIBLE.

Pros

I HEARD OF BLVD 8 MONTHS BEFORE WE DECIDED TO SWITCH OUR PLATFORMS. WE CHANGED IN THE BEGINNING OF 2020 WHILE OUR SALONS WERE FORCED TO CLOSE. IT WAS A SCARY TIME TO CHANGE WITH ALL THE CHANGES GOING ON IN THE WORLD BUT BLVD MADE THE TRANSITION SEAMLESS.

IN THE PAST THE SELLING AGENT HAS BEEN GREAT AND THEN ONCE WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A ACCOUNT MANAGER EVERYTHING HAS FALLEN APART. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL WITH BLVD. I WAS SO SCARED OF THAT HAPPENING TO US AGAIN AND THIS PROCESS HAS BEEN THE BEST DECISION WE HAVE MADE FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR SALONS.

ALL OUR DATA TRANSFERRED SEAMLESSLY. ALL OUR STYLISTS WERE ABLE TO PICK UP RIGHT WHERE THEY LEFT OFF AND NO CLIENTS WERE EFFECTED IN THE TRANSFER. WE GET GREAT FEEDBACK DAILY AND WE ARE SO EXCITED TO GET DEEPER INTO WHAT MAKES BLVD SPECIAL. WE JUST HAD A MEETING WITH OUR ACCOUNT REP DALY AND WITH EVERY STEP WE TAKE WITH BLVD WE GET STRONGER AS A TEAM AND AS A COMPANY.

Cons

I WISH THAT IT COULD HAVE TRANSFERRED OUR PAST RETAIL HISTORY. I USED THAT A LOT IN THE PAST AND WE HAD TO MANUALLY RETRIEVED THAT DATA BEFORE THE TRANSFER HAPPENED FROM OUR PREVIOUS PLATFORM. I WOULD HAVE JUMPED ON BLVD MUCH QUICKER IF WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE OUR RETAIL HISTORY TRANSFERRED.

Rebekah

Best salon software I've ever used!

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Solved the stress of all the "workarounds" we were having to do with our old software. Elevated the guests experience with working with our business.

Pros

It's hard to put in words the beauty of this software. It's visually beautiful, very quick to learn, easy to use, customer service is outstanding & quick to respond, and the online booking platform is so easy to use for our guests. We've been in business for 9 years and this is our 5th and final software. We've found the one!! The conversion from our other software was so easy and seamless (we've had disasters in the past) I can't recommend it enough!!!

Cons

A few features I feel are missing (but I'm told they are working on adding them) Referral program built in, option to pay commissions on discounted services or the original price, line items for set fees in the checkout instead of having to manually enter it, ability for guests to book directly from Instagram.

Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

was very unhappy with the way mindbody worked for my business

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Their pros outweighed the cons in comparison. They are a bit more expensive, but worth the cost.
Shelby

Shelby from FBE & Facebar

Reviewed on 2023/07/06

Overall I'm THRILLED with Boulevard. From the speedy customer service, to the easy to understand layout. I'm so lucky we found Boulevard for our business!!

Pros

I like how customizable everything is. With running a medical spa & a facial bar we have a lot of specific times / treatments. It’s so easy to create and edit everything! I also love that there is a place to submit requests for changes and new ideas!

Cons

The only thing I wish I could change is to make the appointment service modifiers assignable to employees! This is such a specific, weird request and it's in no way affecting how we operate on a day to day basis so I don't really care that much!

Marc

Very Satisfied With Blvd

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Pros

Easy to use platform that has most of the features we need to operate our business. The UX is very well designed. Reporting (beta) is super helpful and easy to understand. Incredible client support starting with the initial demos and sandbox followed by the flawless integration and absolutely the ongoing support of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Our company feels incredibly supported by the BLVD team.

Cons

I think we will always have some suggestions for the BLVD team because our infrared sauna business is a bit different from the salon businesses that the company has focused on.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Booker was a complete dumpster fire of issues. Often experienced critical issues that were more than bug fixes. Terrible support, really non-existent and often confrontational by them. Features were lacking, horrible UX.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Much better product and we were impressed with the idea of having a dedicated support person after integration.
Carlos

We love Boulevard

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

We absolutely love Boulevard and I recommend it to other salons as a Salon Business Coach.

Pros

We love all the advanced technology, features and ease of use.

Cons

At first we had issues with tech support but now things are much better.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

We had the legacy STX product and it was very outdated.

Inspire

The technology
Cristina

Tried several options – Boulevard won by a landslide.

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Great! Onboarding was a breeze and my partner manager is super responsive. When problems arise they fix them very quickly.

Pros

The ease of use for new staff and for clients is unparalleled in my opinion – the learning curve is so short and with a fast growing team, ease of training is huge for our business. It's intuitive and I love the sleek design that clients experience.

Cons

Because it is new, there are occasionally features I miss from longer-established platforms (example - gift card functionality was only added recently). However, they are rolling out new features every single month and are very response to requests. Worth the wait for full functionality. For my business I wish it had class booking functionality but also appreciate the laser-focus on appointment-based booking.

ABC Glofox, Vagaro and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Sleeker design, and the booking overlay over my existing website versus pushing clients to an outside website.
alaina

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate; each button is very straightforward, so someone who doesnt use the software frequently can easily figure out how to work it. The customer support team is also great and quick!

Cons

I would like them to make a few updates more regularly. Ive noticed you cant delete clients, or products. This can be frustrating in certain scenarios, but generally doesn't interrupt using the software! Just would be nice to be able to clean up our inventory/ clientele

Lindsay

Love where this software is headed!

Reviewed on 2022/10/25

Pros

extremely functional and user-friendly. It made for an easy transition at our salon for receptionist, stylists, and admins. The onboarding team and customer support are incredible, too! We have two locations and they are very easy to switch between and manage.

Cons

definitely a "young" product. There are some gaps in reporting and the lack of a client portal it a huge con for our clients, though, I believe one is in development for next year. We have two cash registers and we struggle to keep financial reporting clean due to a "floating drawer" concept. They support team was helpful with suggestions and we have a make-shift system but do hope that Blvd will invest in improving this feature.

Vagaro

not user-friendly

USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN/INTUITIVe
Lauren

The Best!

Reviewed on 2023/07/12

I couldn't be happier with the experience. Boulevard is user-friendly, allowing my clients to easily browse available time slots and book their appointment at any time within minutes. The automated reminders and notifications help clients to not miss their appointment too. The entire process is convenient and hassle-free.

Pros

Boulevard is convenient and reliable, making the booking process a breeze. Mu clients always say how easy and user friendly it is. The customer support is also exceptional!

Cons

I like everything about Boulevard. I have no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

You were not able to book an appointment with multiple stylists at once and they did not offer text reminders.
Twyla

Always Improving!

Reviewed on 2023/07/07

Overall the experience was great from set up to launch, the most critical of functions we need as a studio work in our favor

Pros

I love the ease of customization, especially since we utilize the software for both retail AND services. Additionally the fact that the price is steady regardless of the number of users is helpful for growing businesses. My favorite thing is the customer service, we've had barely any issues since we began using Boulevard, but the couple times they didn't beat us to the punch notifying us of issues, we had answers within MINUTES of reaching out.

Cons

The professional app needs a lot of work in my opinion. The lack of ability to take payments in the mobile app creates problems when we are trying to do purchases or enter appointments and aren't near a computer, and scheduling the appointments can be a chore, if there was a way to utilize the app so we have the same options to see and select the best times/all times for appointments and choose times that way would create a lot of ease for all users.

Piotr
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2023/05/30

In my overall experience with Boulevard, I found it to be a powerful and feature-rich salon management platform. The range of tools and functionalities provided comprehensive support for various aspects of salon operations, helping to streamline processes and improve customer experience. With careful consideration of the pricing structure, Boulevard has the potential to be an excellent choice for salons seeking a holistic and efficient management solution.

Pros

One of the aspects I liked most about Boulevard was its comprehensive suite of salon management tools. From appointment scheduling to client management and POS functionality, Boulevard provided an all-in-one solution for running a salon business efficiently. The user-friendly interface and intuitive design made it easy to navigate and utilize the various features.

Cons

One aspect that I found less favorable about Boulevard was the pricing structure, which might be prohibitive for small or independent salons. While the platform offers robust features, the cost could be a barrier for businesses operating on a tight budget. Providing more flexible pricing options or scaled-down packages could make it more accessible to a wider range of salon owners.

Julia

A league above the rest

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Overall, the company is very happy with Boulevard. We have evidence that the platform will only continue to improve as it takes into consideration customer suggestions. It is evolving beautifully.

Pros

This has been the best booking system/P.O.S. that I have used industry-wide. Features are highly customizable and only getting better. The interface is more intuitive than others and easier on the eyes. Client-tracking is useful and loyalty program is very exciting.

Cons

The app isn’t as developed as the website— I wish we could check clients out on the phone app and that the message center was available through the app. Certain functions are only available on the web browser which can be clunky.