Masterpiece Manager

Gallery management tool for artists, collectors, and museums

4,6
4,6
Christian H.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

the evolution of gallery software

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

What I appreciate most is that it feels more like a partnership than just buying an out of the box software. We have evolved alongside and the Masterpiece team listens to suggestions and responds quickly.

Pros

We have been with Masterpiece for almost 15 years now and have gone through all stages of the software since. Version 11 is extremely good and offers everything that we need to run our fairly complex business. Impossible to list all the features we use, but we like most the seamless integration into the web site and the fact that it is all cloud based now.

Cons

The previous versions had a few flaws but 11 seem to have overcome all that.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Your words are most appreciated, Christian. You and your team has been invaluable in helping Masterpiece get better through the years. Thank you for pushing us with high expectations and for all of your patience and support.

West L.

We recently upgraded to version 11 and the accompanying new website. One word ...Awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

Very intuitive. No longer need constant contact. REAL TIME DATA on our website. Having the photos in this POS / Inventory system which automatically feeds the website at the time of item setup. Once an item sells the items shows a red dot on the web, showing it sold, and then the item is automatically taken off the website 3 days later. This is eliminating the need for 1 full time employee between the website updates automatically taking place and the email/client information always update and not having to know another system (constant contact, etc.).
The team was professional, suggestive, and VERY timely upon all requests made. Really felt like they are "in it to win it" and that my success is truly their success! Great software always improving!

Cons

Must export the data to excel for printed reports. Would like to see the data on my screen including photos and simply print all the data. Not just a browse screen shot but the full data including scroll down data.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you so much for the kind words, Cindy. We are thrilled that Masterpiece is making things easier for West Lives On. We will be contacting you to discuss the data export suggestions you've made.

Rick R.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Focus on sales - no follow through.

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Abysmal.

Pros

The price of the software seemed most reasonable for the feature set, despite the fact that it was older technology.

Cons

We got even less than we paid. The software was buggy. Their integration team didn't deliver on the website integration that was paid for and when they finally decided to redevelop the software into something that might have worked, we were asked to purchase it again. Our business limped along with this software for four years. Such a waste of an investment. We were one of many clients with this experience, including another large public art organization located in Edmonton, who had similar issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Dawn-marie S.
Company size: Self Employed

So grateful for this software

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

Because Masterpiece Manager is designed for the gallery/art industry, it has so much of what I need already programmed in. I had a few hundred pieces of inventory to log when I was first opening, and with a little guidance from the tutorial videos and from Customer Service, I was able to get it all in with no issues. One of my favorite features is that when I put inventory into MM, one click can put it right into my attached website. This is huge for me. I'm the only person working my gallery. If something needs doing, I'm the one who gets it done. So the fact that I can put info in once and have it both in my POS and on my website is a life saver!

Pros

Ease of use, ability to add my own categories for inventory, website compatibility

Cons

Speed of processing can be slow or can hang somewhat regularly, would like a bit more functionality with sales and contacts reporting

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you for the kind review, Dawn-Marie. We are thrilled you chose Masterpiece and it is helping your business. We love your new web site!!
We have recently augmented the hosting resources for Masterpiece. You should no longer see any performance issues in the system. If you do, please let us know asap.
Thank you, again. We really appreciate you.

Amber markay B.
Industry: Retail

They Know the Art Business and What Galleries Need.

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

Masterpiece is an incredible time-saver with real-time website updating upon a sale and upon adding new inventory. Customer service is out of this world! the team respond quickly and positively to anything we need. They are a dream to work with. Having come from years working with ArtCloud, I am very happy with my decision to work with Masterpiece Manager for my gallery inventory, POS, website, artist commission reports, and e-mail marketing.

Pros

Working with the team at Masterpiece Manager has been wonderful. They have developed a software that keeps my art gallery organized with inventory. Masterpiece is an incredible time-saver with real-time website updating upon a sale and upon adding new inventory.

Cons

The only con that I see is the difference in how our website and newsletter is viewed from a desktop computer to a cell phone or other hand-held device. We were able to over-ride this within the newsletter by adding images of text vs body copy. This quick change has allowed us to use our branded font and it show correctly no matter what device / computer system / email system our newsletter is viewed on.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Wow Amber... <blush>!

James G.

Great for Art Galleries

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

The support you get is fantastic. It's very personal. If we have questions, the staff is available to talk to us and work through our issues. I really like not having to do an online chat, or worse, rely on some prefabricated Q&A manual to figure everything out.

Pros

The best thing about Masterpiece Manager is its integration of various functions in one product. This eliminates the need to source POS, inventory management and e-commerce from different providers. Also, the software comes preloaded with features designed specifically for gallery management. Whether you are selling art on consignment, or buying inventory for resale, the software has all the features you need to track your current inventory and revenues. In addition the website templates are attractive and easy to set up.

Cons

The e-commerce functions are not automatically optimized for other retail sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Google. This limits your ability to make full use of Facebook, for example, by having a Facebook store, and it also limits analytical capabilities you might have if your website is optimized for these sales channels.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you for the kind review, James! We're continuing to work on the extensibility of our web sites.

Colby L.
Industry: Retail

Great, chill and easy software that flows.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Business organization and productivity rates through the roof!

Pros

The ease and simplicity along with the comprehensive understanding of how a business works and how this integrates with business.

Cons

I actually like everything. I can't say that I don't care for anything. It's a great product! I think the best thing was watching the training videos and it really gives you a comprehensive understanding of what the product can do.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you, Colby. You and your businesses rock. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Megan M.
Industry: Fine Art

Great Company to work with!

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

The software is intuitive and simple to use. Any time you have a question the team at masterpiece is readily available and happy to help! This software makes managing inventory and running reports seamless and easy.

Cons

It is hard to think of a con to using the software. Any time I do run into a question or issue it is usually resolved immediately by the masterpiece team.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you so much, Megan. We are honored to serve you and do what we can to help Summit Gallery succeed!

Amy C.

Amazing Softwarre

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Such a great program and we are super happy about the amazing customer support we receive!

Pros

So easy to use, very user friendly and easy to navigate and track inventory.

Cons

Sometimes when an update is made it knocks other functions out of whack.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you, Amy. Mockingbird Gallery has been such a huge asset to us through the years. Your incredible feedback has continually pushed us to get better. Thank you for your kind words and support.

Luana L.

Not only is this the best All-in-one system for your art and clients, but the service is fantastic.

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

Everything is stored in one place, your art, artists, clients and transactions. Everything you need to know or view is together - no more separate systems. Love how our website is attached to our inventory and is updated in real time as inventory is added and sold.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Luana - thanks to you and to Issaacs Art Center for allowing us to assist in your efforts to support Hawaii Prep Academy. You folks are the very best.

Susi P.

Masterpiece works well

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Masterpiece does allow good tracking of inventory though sometimes mysteriously, the color of an item is no longer green (which denotes it being available). That color coding works well for the most part.

Pros

The ease of finding a particular contact or artwork. Also, the customer support when we have an issue or would like something changed, is fantastic.

Cons

Cannot print labels for artwork; cannot print contact information for clients; cannot customize reports, i.e., change fonts, change spacing, add images where we want them; entering payments from clients sometimes does not work.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you for your kind review, Susi. I would like to arrange training for you. It sounds like you are having issues with our reporting module. There are dozens of reports available for printing inventory labels and contact lists. Every report is customizable as well. Can I set up a call with Client Services to work with you?

Penelope T.
Industry: Retail

Masterpiece is perfect for your inventory and customer needs

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Pros

Clean database layout.
Customizable reports.
Quick response time from support team.

Cons

Only one keyword search by field when doing a query.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you, Penelope!
It has been our sincere pleasure to support you, Ben and LH Selman. You have been invaluable in helping us get better. Thank you for always helping us identify areas of opportunity to make Masterpiece the very best software solution possible.
Thank you!

Denise C.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

I continue to love this software!

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Excellent!

Pros

It does everything we need to run a gallery!

Cons

I recently wrote a review mentioning that the only thing missing in this software was a lack of an instruction manual. Well, the owner contacted me and told me that they now have a manual online!

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you, Denise! We appreciate your decision to use Masterpiece!!

Mohamed L.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: Self Employed

Beautiful discovery. For me

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

Pros

The beautiful thing that drew attention and I liked a lot is the form of the platform and the method of control within it .. Very stylish and easy to suit all users .. The idea is also beautiful and contribute to the development
I consider this application a new discovery for me. And will help me a lot in my personal life and I wish with all my heart to succeed a lot in the future and become more popular

Cons

The only negative thing in the application is that it needs a lot of popularity to be things that are active in it .. I think it needs a lot of support and publicity to reach the largest number of users and I bet it will like a lot

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your kind review. While your words were very positive I see that Customer Support and Features did not receive top marks from you. These are normally areas where we receive our highest ratings. Can I ask what we can do better for you to be totally satisfied with Masterpiece?

Ben C.

My business is operating more efficiently and I'm making more money. Customer service is superb.

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Pros

It is intuitive. Integrates with my quickbooks, auction abilities, seamless push of my products to my website and Masterpiece Online.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you, Ben for your very kind words. We are proud to be able to support all of the success you have had with LH Selman.

Donna I.

Great Value and Functionality

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

I can easily print reports of sales and inventory. Tracking amounts due consignments are a snap.

Pros

Masterpiece Solutions is a great value. The ability to directly interface your inventory with your website means less time doing data entry and more time to spend interfacing with your customers.

Cons

Look up Tables do not filter 'out of stock' items which can make searching for items somewhat tedious

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Hey Donna. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts. I'll ask Client Services to connect with you to help with your out of stock concerns. We really appreciate your business!

Art L.

Very Happy with Masterpiece Manager

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

Masterpiece is always innovating and improving and support is top notch. The software is full of functionality and has lots of capabilities.

Cons

I would prefer to have all fields available to me when searching for transactions. But I understand that less makes software less complicated and easier to use.

Kelly H.

Very Elegant Solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Masterpiece manager was elegantly designed with the end user in mind ... it just makes sense! It automates many tasks, eliminates double-entry and minimizes human error. It is very intuitive, easy to use, and well documented. Super training videos, and excellent support through Zen-desk whenever needed.

Pros

Elegantly designed, easy to learn, and meets our business needs completely!

Cons

Editing reports is the least intuitive. We are looking forward to the training video, which is in the works!

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you, Kelly. It has been such a pleasure to work with Gallery 421. We're excited to launch your new web site!!

Janet T.
Industry: Accounting

Excellent product for art galleries

Control over inventory

Pros

The ability to control limited edition prints and avoid duplicates; contact database linked to art purchases

Cons

Very little that I don't like, perhaps formatting labels was an issue but I figured it out. We don't use the website option because we have our own.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Thank you, Janet. It has been a pleasure supporting you and Motoko Original Art for so many years!

María magdalena Z.
Industry: Fine Art

A very useful software to manage art collections (of any size).

Reviewed on 2018/09/22

Art is a global business nowadays and Masterpiece Manage makes it easier for you to jump in the game.

Pros

If you have ever worked with art pieces, you'll understand the struggle finding a software that really gets the complexity of it all. This software does. Whether you're an artist, a collector or a gallery/museum manager, this is a very useful software.

It comes from 1994, so they know what their doing. And now it's cloud based and comes with mobile apps which is fantastic to this accelerated world we live in.

But it not only register your art pieces, it also gives you an e-commerce and and an invoice feature. And the integration of everything is seamless.

Prices are fair considering all it offers.

Cons

It will take a while to learn how to use it wisely, but it is worth it.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Maria, thank you for your gracious review. We greatly appreciate it.

Please remember that your subscription includes training and technical support. If you every have questions about the features, don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.

Diana isabella C.

Save and share your best designs and images that you like.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

Very good platform to find illustrative designs, excellent to search, share and save your image repertoires.

Cons

It has a slightly simple interface but you were there and you easily find what you need, sometimes it takes time to find images but at the end you get it.

Guillermo C.

Masterpiece Manager, is an easy way to promote yourself and your work as an artist.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

I can promote myself as an artist and i can be in contact with what's new.

Pros

Masterpiece Manager is a cool and a very good app for promote yourself and stay in contact with what's new, events and much more! The interface and options are very simple to handle. Is very intuitive and effective. As an artist, i can assure you that it won't be a waste of your time. Give yourself a try and enter the easiest way to see and purchase art.

Cons

As a picky Designer/Artist, i could say that the interface may need a more creative way to display options. Esthetics aside, i don't have another complain about it.

Coral H.
Industry: Retail

Excellent customer service and a very easy to use program

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

We can see how much stock we have at a glance. We can track items sold and who to. It has a customer data base we can use for emails

Pros

The software is easily navigated, the team adapted the software to our specifications for our use in Australia. Even the less experienced employees can use this fail safe system.

Cons

Because the software is Unite States based the date on the program dosent match our Australian time.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Hey Coral. Thank you so much for the kind words. We love you folks!

Greg L.

Masterpiece Manager Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Pros

Ease of use, cost effective, great customer support

Cons

There is nothing I have found wrong with this software

Neal L.
Industry: Real Estate

Masterpiece Solutions

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Overall, they are an outstanding company with fantastic customer support. They are very responsive to any and all of my needs.

Pros

The ease at which everything works together. Also, they have a terrific inventory management system and the reporting is off the charts!

Cons

There are a few minor items that one would expect, but nothing really comes to mind.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

We really appreciate the support, Neal. Thanks for allowing us to help you make Leviton Fine Art a huge success!