CareStack

A complete cloud-based dental practice management software.

4,7
4,4
Haranchal B.

Complete Software Platform

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

CareStack is a big powerful tool. I am a single unit operator, but there is a lot of capability and options for multiple practice management as well. My team and I are very happy with the software because of its capabilities and the support team at CareStack which helps us become more efficient every day. I haven't had to increase the number of team members while I have been able to increase collections.

Pros

I am a big fan of this software. I evaluated a few options and chose CareStack because I could access the software on any computer through a browser and the cost of support was included in the monthly price. I felt that the training material was polished and professional which makes learning and teaching CareStack easy. There are so many features that I cannot do it justice in this post. I highly recommend that you go talk to them and setup a demo. My favorite feature is that CareStack provides unlimited support using their chat which is hosted in the USA by people who are already familiar with dentistry like assistants and office managers. Sometimes, the support team can provide the answer before we are able to ask the questions. The support is also available during weekends! A few other notes, scheduling is intuitive, plenty of built-in tools like automated call/text/email reminders, imaging bridges, payment processing, and the list goes on. CareStack is very stable, the new updates seem to be thoroughly tested and new features are added regularly. With the pandemic, the staff spends less time in the office by doing remote work (scheduling/insurance/payments) and for patients CareStack provided a “Text to Pay” feature for contactless payments. Patients are also able to schedule themselves along with see their information in a Patient Portal. This software has reduced the amount of time we spend "stuck" and allow us to fly. Did I mention, that this software is FAST!

Cons

Learning curve can feel like a constant Fire Hose. Lots of features and knobs and new processes that had to be designed to work with modern software. The team is learning new things every day and finding ways to use the software more efficiently. We are still finding ways to extract more value out of this software.

Patient Portal and Administration needs more refinement. Fortunately, patients don't really use this feature right now, but I would expect CareStack to have significant improvements in the next year or so to lead the industry in Customer Experience. I think future customers will expect to see their records and their patient notes, history, and essentially be able to communicate with the Dental team through the portal.

Tyler P.

Big fan!

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

We LOVE it and have referred several doctors so far.

Pros

I love how efficient this software makes our office run. They are always moving with the times and making sure we have what we need!

Cons

There’s seriously not anything that I don’t like!

Remal P.
Industry: Medical Practice

Good Cloud Software with tons of features but takes some time to set up

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

The amount of features. Simple logical design

Cons

Sometimes certain workflow processes that are meant to help actually impede workflow

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Lacee F.

Softdent to Carestack- WE NEVER LOOKED BACK

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

My overall experience has been great! I have to give so much credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. SHE NEEDS TO BE GIVEN A HIGHER POSITION and a bonus for that matter. She was the most kind, helpful, positive representative that I HAVE EVER EVER MET. She not only helped with anything she could and if she couldn't she had someone else from other software company that we were changing from and installing X-rays systems she went ABOVE AND BEYOND for us and STILL DOES. I can ask her something at any time and she will always get back to me and my team. NO ONE HAS HELPED AS MUCH AS HER.. she should be the trainer for all new account managers. She has made the carestack experience for sure so easy and was always very calming when dealing with me I can be a bit of a much.

Pros

Carestack is very FAST! I start with that because for years I stared at a spinning wheel everytime I needed to open a new section in softdent.

We like carestack because its cloudbase and we can connect from anywhere even during a power outage from our phones. ( yes, this already happened)

THE CLAIM Section is the best I feel so ontop of claims and the information you get when its rejected and or denied and or missing information.

The applications are very helpful and user friendly. We have been in love with our curb side check- in which has been an amazing new feature with all the pandemic happening right now.

The reports are easy to read and make it super easy to get information very fast and efficient.

Cons

If I am being honest I TRULY wish it was easier to change procedure codes once they have been completed and entered by clinical staff and then that evening or next day after they check the Daily Journal for the day and notice something is incorrect. If I wanted to change a provider if its incorrect or take a price out if the doctor changes it last min and he doesnt want a charge. Its not very user friendly and it still makes my head hurt when I have to change something.

Sasha T.

CareStack PMS

Amazing

Pros

Having the ability to have all of the different modules necessary in one cloud based platform is great.

The best part of CareStack is the support team behind it. They are ALWAYS there for our support needs. Kudos to the whole team.

Very, VERY grateful we had CareStack through the Covid-19 pandemic as it allowed my back office to work remotely.

Patients LOVE the Curbside check-in, as do we

Cons

Nothing to complain about. The software team is GREAT for support

Nan C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy to use and great support

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I'm very happy with the product.
The sales, transition/roll out and support team members have been great.

Pros

Cloud based practice management software. Very easy to pick up. Integrates well with cloud based x ray storage software, electronic prescriptions and billing.

Cons

As far as I am aware, there's no easy way to view or print a long case note in one screen grab.

Cindy B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Carestack is easy to use and the Customer service is Top Notch!

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Having one database to access the information for all our locations.

Pros

The customer support is top notch, you can call, email, submit a ticket or use the built in chat if you need assistance. If there is a feature that is currently not available you can submit an enhancement request plus a few of our request have already been implemented as a new feature.

Cons

A little more flexibility to create all of our reports without having to ask for a custom report.

Maki N.

Pros and cons of Carestack

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Overall, I think customer service is great. That is why I kept Carestack. If your representatives are not friendly and helpful, I would've changed softwares. I really think the problem with MiCamp is a BIG headache. And I am disappointed that Carestack is not following up with that.

Pros

Able to send insurance electronically. Able to send text message and emails to patients for recalls, appointment reminders, campaigns, etc. Customer service is good--keep it up! Most of the employees are knowledgable and friendly. I've had a few who didn't know they were doing and was kept on hold very long. So I would recommend to have your newer customer service rep be a little more knowledgable before putting them in charge of customer service.

Cons

Currently, I don't like and very unhappy with how MiCamp works. They are very slow, shady, and unprofessional. They have charged me $499/year--I don't think any merchant services company I've worked in the past (e.g. Elavon) has charge me an annual fee (and I was told about the annual fee AFTER I signed up with Carestack). Carestack keeps on saying, "You have to deal with MiCamp because they have their own rules"--but Carestack is that one that recommended MiCamp. When I was deciding if I should sign up with CareStack or Easy Dental or other software companies, Carestack made it sound like MiCamp will work with the patient portal without any problem--which is one of the main reason why I chose Carestack. I've had Carestack for over a year now, and MiCamp and Carestack are still saying, "we are working on the patient portal"--but I really don't know when or if it's going to work...

Yoshita H.

CareStack - All In One

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Excellent care.

Pros

The program is all-inclusive and integrated for all features needed for a busy dental practice.

Cons

Portal needs some work but they are working on it!

Heather E.

Awesome Patient Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

The ability to run custom reports to help us manage our patient care and schedules is first rate. I have used most all dental softwares available and Carestack is the best by far!

Pros

The ease of use coupled with the ability to personalize the interface makes it the easiest software I have used as a clinician. Being cloud based is also definitely a bonus!

Cons

Sometimes we have issues after updates or when the internet is disrupted but those are minor and rare occurrences.

Kennedy O.

Room For Improvement

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

I just recently started working in the dental field having no background knowledge whatsoever. Carestack was super easy to learn and use, no tricks or special dental terminology needed to understand how it works. They also update regularly to make the program even smoother to run.

Cons

Since it is a newer software there is fine tuning that needs to be done. Support could be quicker and more easily accessible.

Amanda K.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Carestacks

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

It does what it needs to do- would be nice if there was maybe more clinical staff input when developing

Pros

How it is constantly is trying to upgrade & prefect system

Cons

how many steps (clicks) it takes to get to certain features such as radiographs & that it is delayed often when typing notes

Shannon S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Carestack

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

I really like the user friendliness about it! It’s nice to be able to go home and do notes, look at the schedule, or make any changes on the schedule in the comfort of your home. Also, the program is easy to learn and adapt to.
I LOVE that patients get text messages about their appts and how we can communicate with them through the software!

Cons

I don’t like there are so many clicks that you have to do on the software.

Abrahim C.

First 6 months

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Good support and staff looking forward to help

Pros

Patient communication, billing and insurance verification

Cons

Separated radiograph software, poor quality of images compared (to dentrix ascend). Need o constant refreshing of the software to obtain images. Ideally we could be able to see the images for a particular tooth when that tooth is selected. More clear analytical tools. I still don't know if the numbers I see are accurate.

Sheila E.

Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Carestack is a great dental software

Pros

There are many options within Carestack that are much more efficient with Insurance, treatment planning, and scheduling, these options are not available with Dentrix.

Cons

I am finding that the software is very user friendly but there is always a learning curve when you switch. Carestack looks a lot different than Dentrix but as we use the system it is actually easier to manuever.

Tim O.

Carestack

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Excellent choice of software for our dental practices. I would highly recommend this as the premier cloud based platform for single or multi location practices.

Pros

Phenomenal customization capability, robust reporting, and intuitive integrated workflows. Rapid development and implementation of new features keeps Carestack ahead of the competition.

Cons

dated interface appearance, but that does not affect the functionality at all.

Tracy E.

Easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

A team approach with easy access for all questions you may have.

Pros

I love how easy to learn and maneuver it is. If you are familiar with any computer you can do this!

Cons

The learning curve in working with the ledger was a little steeper than the rest of the software.

John B.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall have had an excellent experience with the CareStack team. They have been incredibly helpful in explaining the product over several conversations. Very flexible with making sure the system fit the needs of my office.

Pros

- Comprehensive solution to all scheduling/charting needs
- Integrated Radiographs
- Cloud-based, easily accessible
- Good customer support, willing to make changes to software
- Integration with other systems such as Jive/Ring Central

Cons

- Addition of x-rays is an expensive option

Addie C.

AC

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

It’s been a pretty easy transition from our previous program.

Pros

Offers so many features and shortcuts.

Cons

Some of the functions require multiple buttons that need to be pushed.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Teresa A.

New software

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Easy to understand and user friendly.

Pros

User friendly, like how u can see notes for patients.

Cons

Many codes and we don't use them all but you can change them

Shahrzad O.

Carestack for dental

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Pros

Can utilize remotely, and multiple locations. And explosion codes.

Cons

Insurance estimates have to be recalculated manually by staff, confirming tx plan fees are correct more often than usual.

Erin S.

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pretty good so far. Still learning.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Just trying to learn the system .

Cons

Customer service has not been very helpful.

Karrie L.

User-friendly software program for my StartUp Dental Practice

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

I love how user-friendly it is. I have had multiple staff members with no dental background , learn the software program quite easily!
Also, the customer service is truly top-notch! From sales team [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], to implantation [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], to account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], if I ever had a question, there is someone there who always can help!

Cons

Since they are constantly updating their software, sometimes there are glitches.

Cody K.
Industry: Medical Practice

Connected to all aspects of the clinic

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Great overall experience. Enjoy using very much. A very smooth and connected systems for all aspects of dental practice all in one spot.

Pros

Great connectivity with other aspects of care, such as radiographs, billing, and patient charting. Easy to find patients and address all treatment questions from diagnosis to cost.

Cons

Mostly still learning all aspects. Most issues with integrating other outside systems stems from my limited, but good, experience with the software.

Corbin S.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

Pros

It is so easy to use. Everything is color coordinated and it is all well labeled.

Cons

I haven’t had any problems with carestack. The only thing that might be better is if you can easily move a procedure to a phase other than phase 1 in the advanced planner.