SVGator

Web-based vector graphics animation software

4,6
4,5
4,4
4,6
4,9
Industry: Internet

Amazing tool to bring your designs to life

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Pros

This software really feels like magic – it allows even non-skilled people to add incredibly smooth and catchy animations to icons, illustrations and other vector files. I love how it embraces the concepts of video editing (e.g. timelines, effects, keyframes) and applies them to the SVG space. The interface is gorgeous and very intuitive, you’ll be up and running in minutes and you’ll get unexpectedly great results with your animations.

Cons

Nothing really! I think this is the best software in the SVG animation space, by far!

Response from SVGator

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are glad you like SVGator. More updates are coming soon! :)

Federico F.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

How to make a WordPress website interesting, again

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/10/16

We're very satisfied with all the exciting stuff that we can do thanks to your latest features, but sometimes we wish there was a sort of "WordPress safe" option. We're not into programming and we rely only on the converter for WordPress to run our animations on some websites. Wouldn't it be cool if there were a toggle to grey out all the animations and effects that don't work with WordPress, so that for each project we can choose whether we need all your new tools or just play it safe with fewer and safer options that work straight away in WP?

Pros

What my co-workers and I love most about SVGator is the ability to create stunning animations without a single line of code. It's super easy! And the final result is much lighter than other solutions we tried so far, so our websites load in virtually no time. We're able to create stunning website that don't even look WordPress-based

Cons

I love SVGator but I must say that the SVG converter for WordPress doesn't always work as expected and we often had to rework our animations in order to get them right for every browser. And of course this doesn't depend only on the converter, but as a long-time user of your piece of software, I have to admit that with the previous – less powerful – animation engine you had, we didn't have any single issue in years.

Response from SVGator

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, we are aware of the compatibility issues when it comes to using animated SVG files on WordPress. We are currently working on a plug-in which will make this a lot easier. Of course, there will be no need to use the converter. We will send you an email once this plug-in is available! :)

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Easy and fast to learn

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Svgator solved the need to have a light weight animation for a web project

Pros

What I like most is that the software is easy to use, watching only few hours of tutorial you can do most of the thing that you have in mind. The output is a light weight svg animation that is perfect for the web, you can forget animated gifs or infographic videos! Furthermore the biggest animation software (adobe) doesn’t support animated gif yet, so this software is a valide alternative.

Cons

The software needs to be developed. I would like text and paragraph support, to save entire animation in library (for to be used in differents works), exportation also in other format (supported from iOS app and other software) and maybe in an html that can be shared, svg static images of a frame (for example I need to insert the draw in a mock-up and the others software doesn’t support animated svg)

Response from SVGator

Thank you for your feedback and the suggestions, we will definitely take them into consideration!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Chris M.
Industry: Computer Software

Perfect for handing over to the dev team

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Main benefits for us is the amount of time we save. There's no third-party software needed to create seamless SVG animations they way you want with CSS or JS attributes.

Pros

What I like about SVGator the most is the ease of use. I can quickly create an icon or illustration in XD or Illustrator, export it as an SVG, create a new project in SVGator and apply the motion I desire. Once complete its a simple "EXPORT" and straight into the devs hand for implementation.

Cons

I didn' find any cons with this software. This is because I have some background knowledge in motion graphics, so the tools and language were all familiar to me. It can be a steep learning curve for those who have no experience to achieve quick results.

Response from SVGator

Hi Chris! This made our day! :) Thank you for the amazing review. More features are coming soon!

Michael M.
Industry: Industrial Automation
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

create help animations

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/10/19

I would like to report about my good experiences with SVGator in a German computer magazine. Version 2 is really very good.

Pros

We create machines that are delivered in 32 languages. This requires a lot of documentation with translations. With SVGator you can explain parameters graphically and thus save costs.

Cons

Because the files are in the cloud, the software is unfortunately only partially usable. Our security department does not allow this!

Amelia B.

Review from Designer @ Think Design

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

It's been great – a real learning curve but very useful skill to have.

Pros

It's easier to use than other software, it's really user friendly and easy to experiment. Also really simple to export creations.

Cons

The gradient animation tool isn't great compared with AE. Can be quite glitchy when using Safari, and the exported animations in general do not load correctly in Safari.

Response from SVGator

Thank you for your amazing feedback, it means a lot to us! We are currently working on a new update that also includes lots of gradient improvements. We hope this update will also solve the glitches that you mentioned.

Hélio S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Excelent, but expensive for my use case

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Good. It's expensive taking in to account that I needed for a very specific job.

Pros

Very easy to use
Features everything I needed

Cons

I think it's very expensive for my use case. I had to pay $9 for using the features I needed which is aprox. R$ 50 (Reais, my country's currency), and probably I won't use it again soon.

Another thing I dislike is the fact that I couldn't replace the SVG I uploaded and I had to create another project. I almost ran out of projects because I had to fix some nodes in an external software multiple times.

Abdul S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Love SVGator, make my job so much easier and we have used it on numerous pages on our own website.

Pros

I've been using SVGator for about 6 months now and love how intuitive it is and easy to use.

Cons

Not being able to copy a set of keyframes from one item to another

Response from SVGator

Hi there! We are glad you like SVGator.
You can copy keyframes from one item to another, if the animator is the same. This will not work for morphing, as morphing also depends on the number of node points.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Will S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Great Software to Boost Your Websites

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I've had a really great experience.

Pros

The interface is one of the easiest I've ever used for animations. This is an incredible product in all aspects.

Cons

I would love to have more capabilities in animations and interactions for the plan I'm at. It would be great to have mouse interactions built in to lower tiers.

Response from SVGator

Thank you! We will do our best to add more features as soon as possible. :)

Hugo F.
Industry: Internet

Best software

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Pros

If you want to create animated svg animations, super indico or svgator, making it possible to create super light and beautiful animations.

Cons

It would be nice to have a team plan or share projects with other accounts.

Freo B.
Industry: Animation

Totally recommended!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Great! really great! Hours of coding animation work turns to hour or less no-coding animation work.

Pros

- If you need SVG animation? Then purchase this it is all worth it!
- A frame by frame interface that is very easy to use
- SVG animation has never been this easy.
- If you need this for web element animations then this is the perfect tool!
- Way to good!

Cons

So far, nothing. They just added a game changer feature which is animate on scroll.

Nathan D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Worth Every Penny for SVG Animating

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/18

Pros

SVGator takes something relatively complicated (key frames and animation timing) and allows you to drag and drop your way to a beautiful polished product. It's worth its cost, though steep, because even a novice can succeed in creating professional animations.

Cons

The price is a little steep per month, but you are getting what you pay for in this instance. Adobe does the same type of monthly subscription pricing and we all know the Adobe suite is also very valuable. Other than price, I do not know of any cons.

Candice S.

Super easy to use!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Very happy with this software

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and super affordable. The number 1 software for svgs that i have found :) I definitely recommend!

Cons

There was one option i would have liked with exporting responsive - i exported the file and everything that was outside the artboard was showing in my svg file. Didnt have an option to remove this overflow. Thats all!

Response from SVGator

Hi Candice! Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you like SVGator. :)
Are you referring to the "Fixed size" vs "Responsive" export options? By selecting "Fixed size" for the canvas in the export settings, the elements that were outside the artboard will be hidden. We hope this helps!