Scrum Mate

4,8 (14)
Agile project management software with a Kanban board

5/5

Zoltán p. V.

Scrum Mate thoughts

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Shortly, it is really good. There were times when I couldn't do something I wanted just to realize that the feature was recently patched into the software and that is always a pleasant surprise. This tool is much more supportive to scrum teams that a lot of other competitors that I tried.

Pros

Easy to learn and use day-to-day,
has a good GUI and logic flow,
updated frequently with quality of life and functionality improvements,
has good customer contact and feedback loop,
has good and easy to use integration options (Google, Dropbox, etc.),
was made by people who deeply understand the needs of a scrum team.

Cons

Some of it's features are not apparent at first when you use it on your own, so sometimes you just bump into a feature that you didn't know existed.

Trello and Miro

Reasons for Switching to Scrum Mate

It was more suitable to our needs and to daily scrum work.

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you so much for your review, Zoltan!

Istvan N.

Scrum Mate is our best friend during the COVID situation

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

I could not manage my team without this tool. Not just me, but my engineering team, POs, and the sales guys are now addicted to it.

Pros

1) It's amazingly simple to use. You just start working with it and it puts everything under your hand
2) Creating and updating stories with their accessories is one of the best experience I've ever had with any Scrum tools. No unnecessary mandatory dances. You just add what you mean important.
3) The topics and tags provide easy filtering oportunities when organizing your stories and tasks.
4) My team loves the GitHub integration feature.

Cons

We'd be happy to have an Android client to use Scrum Mate on the go (Now, it supports only iOS)

Shortcut and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Scrum Mate

The everyday administration with JIRA was a heavy burden for my team. We literally had to fill up dozens of fields and that slowed down managing ourselves. Scrum Mate made it ways much easier: most of our administrative tasks got into about 3 mouse clicks.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Scrum Mate

Clubhouse was too development-centric for us; they did not fascinate our marketing and sales team. Trello was not ready for supporting our Scrum guidelines.

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you, Istvan for providing this review!

Levente K.

It delivers what it promises

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

All in all I am pretty satisfied with the software. If we ever had to change to something else it would not be because of the software but because our needs are changed.

Pros

I love the way it handles teams and projects. The visualisation of the tasks on the boards is great. I like that it supports SCRUM and Kanban frameworks as well. It's easy to use and well structured.

Cons

Some of the functionality can be improved, such as the time management, additional fields of stories, git or other vcs integrations. Overall the product is great as it is, but sometimes it challenging to fit to other existing softwares that we use.

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you for the review, Levente! We'll keep adding new features to Scrum Mate.

Oleg V.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reliable and very simple to use

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

Pros

It's easy. In the same time it's universal enough for us. We can use it bouth for development and for marketing management.

Cons

They added some more "flexibility" to teams and boards, and it also added some complexity...))) but it's still good

Redmine, monday.com, Jira and Wrike

Redmine, monday.com, Jira and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Scrum Mate

It's much more easy to start. No any "studding" for me and for users. Additionally, it was only one app where it was possible to use more than 1 taxonomy to mark up tasks and stories.
Jennifer F.

A great agile project management tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Not only is Scrum Mate a well-designed and easy to use Kanban tool, the development team provides service and support unlike any I’ve ever experienced. They are responsive both to customer questions/support needs as well as open to discussing and implementing upgrade recommendations from their users.

Pros

Scrum Mate is a straight forward, user friendly software that has a clean and simple design. Because of the clean and thoughtful software design, everyone on our team was able to learn to utilize the software in a relatively quick amount of time.

Cons

I would like for more integration with other project management softwares.

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you very much, Jennifer, for your review! We always learned a lot from your feedback.

Lajos H.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

ScrumMate experiencies in Roche Diagnostics Hungary

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

I love it. It helps so much for us, especially just right now in COVID situation. Thanks for ScrumMate, there were no any problem to switch from offline to online work in scrums!

Pros

User friendly, easy to use, logical architecture.

Cons

I can not add any point. I also asked my colleagues, but there were no significant responses...

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Scrum Mate

The added customer support . ScrumMate designed to be fully in complaint with scrum values and principles, it makes easier the implementation the agile mindset in the organisation.

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you very much, for the feedback!

Krisztián V.

Helpful agile tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Pros

Focuses for the most common agile frameworks.

Cons

Missing mobile app (they are developing it - WIP)

Response from Adaptive Consulting

We'll add the Android app in the future. App for iOS is already available. Thank you very much for the review!

Judit H.

It is for what we use it for

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Freindly and flexible, the software and the ScrumMate developer team as well. The customer care is excellent! Through the software, they truly represent agile principles.

Pros

ScrumMate is the right tool to use for scrum teams.
It’s not a huge system that takes days to learn. It is for what we need to be able to work in it transparently and efficiently.

Cons

Our next feature request is the work log overview.
As I know the ScrumMate developer team, it will be on live soon.

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Hello Judit, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It means a lot to us!

Zsolt B.

Scrum Mate is your mate in agile approach

I cannot imagine our daily work without Scrum Mate

Pros

Scrum Mate is perfectly modelling the agile world. It is flexible, responsive and the most important there is no need a training for starting using it. You do not need IT for start using and administering it. Scrum Mate is very user friendly, ultimately stable and reliable. It is really effective for remote work, an essential tool for a team in gig economy.

Cons

There is no mobile app for Android yet. (For iOS is already available since 2020.07).

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you very much, Zsolt for this review.

Gyorgy K.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Scrum Mate for commercial organizations and leadership teams

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

I am the scrum master of our company Leadership scrum team (I am a certified scrum master by ScrumAlliance) and member of other scrum teams of the same company. I am using Scrum Mate for more than two years. I have had the possibility to use another program.
I prefer Scrum Mate.

Pros

Clear and well designed UI which helps to organize teams' tasks as well as my own tasks.

Cons

Scrum Mate helps my job. I like it. Scrum Mate is more user friendly than the similar products I have tried. Scrum Mate's design helps me more than the others in organizing BI, initiate and run sprints.

Bence V.

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Pros

It knows what an agile software should know. Easy team management, easy sprint planning, metrics for scrum teams. And with the help of the API we can also make our own apps to make it perfect for our needs.

Cons

I miss the EPIC level, however the "topics" feature can fill this void

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you very much for your review, Bence!

Manuel M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

On a good way

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Pros

It has a nice and clean UI, and the drag and drop functionality makes working with it very easy and fast.

Cons

Its constantly improving and on a good road, but Jira has still some features i lack in Scrummate.

Viktor T.

My Scrum Mate

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

The workflow and the team communication is nice and clever. The sprint start is an easy way. I prefer the similar mode and this is it.

Pros

The easy use and the cool graphic. I like the working flow.

Cons

Non trivial the use sometimes. The working operation was hard to find for first time.

Response from Adaptive Consulting

Thank you very much for sharing your review, Viktor! We'll get in touch with you to learn what we need to improve to make the user experience smoother.

Gergely M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Simplicity first!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Pros

I really like the simplicity of the app. The most powerful feature is the Product Backlog handling because it is very intuitive, I can easily and can add new stories. It is also very handy when filtering stories in backlogs by tags.

Cons

First time it wasn't clear how to switch from scrum (sprint mode) to kanban. I thought I have to start sprint anyway.