Skilled Nursing Core Platform

Patient management software for hospitals and ACOs

4,4
4,3
4,2
4,3
4,5
Nancy M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The Only Choice that makes cents!

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Oh gosh! I could not imagine working without having this software in our facility. We implemented PCC in 2008. This software was chosen because we wanted to switch from using separate software packages for our Business office and MDS's, and at the same time, we wanted a solution that offered Point of Care documenting. PCC was one of the first to make this a reality! We have grown exponentially of the last decade, and I'm happy to say that PointClickCare has been right there with us, and even sometimes a step ahead! Recently, we have replaced our dietary software with the PCC Nutrition package and now truly have only 1 software package that does it all for us!

Pros

PointClickCare is THE complete solution for Skilled Nursing Facilities. One complete software can seamlessly cover all aspects of Clinical, Dietary, and Financials for our 408 bed facility!

Cons

At first it seemed to be a bit pricey compared to other software that we considered. However, it has proven to be worth it's weight in gold!

Linley G.
Industry: Mental Health Care

PCC for nursing homes - great idea!

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Clinical prospective only: Overall our experience has been positive. We were told during the buying process we could get things going in 8 weeks. I do NOT recommend that to anyone. Allow the 17-20 weeks the implementation team suggests instead. Now that we have been up and running for about 9 months things have gotten much smoother. The end user experience feedback has been positive. Our nurses and CNAs both like the system and the ease of charting. I don't like that PCC doesn't give you the same building options in their UDAs that they have access to, but overall their UDAs are very helpful. PCC has done considerably better than our last product to capture what is needed for MDS assessments.

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly charting softwares I have used in a nursing facility. I have been a part of a couple of teams in setting up new charting systems for companies. I really like the ease of use and the help button in PCC. I am one of those people that likes to click all of the buttons and figure out myself how to use stuff. It is intuitive on how things are placed and makes sense. When I can't find something or figure it out, the help button is super helpful. I almost always can find the help I need there without having to call anyone for assistance. It didn't take long to learn for end users and was easy to teach to them.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike about the software. I would say the thing I like least is the security settings/user roles. They are very difficult to manage and navigate. If someone has multiple rolls if there is a conflict in an ability it give that user the lowest common denominator in that ability (less access). This really drives me nuts because it would be easier to add a role and give someone more access than by adding a role that takes away access to something. It gets very confusing and there are not any good instructions on what each button does.

Meagan F.

Point Click Care Review LTC RN

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Overall PointClickCare accomplishes what it's intended to accomplish rather painlessly.

Pros

As an RN who has charted in multiple different programs PointClickCare is easy to use. It is user-friendly and typically is very intuitive. It doesn't take long to train new staff to utilize it.

Cons

Certain aspects of the software don't seem to "speak" to each other well and one finds themselves clicking through many pages to find information that ought to be available in a "view all" style tab. Much of this is user error if notes aren't "linked" but there is no "search bar" to filter and make searching faster. In this way much of the required charting feels like you are submitting it into outer space for no one to see unless there is an issue and someone digs through it. This forces us to utilize different charting to accomplish thorough communication--causing the dreaded double/triple charting HCPs complain about.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Tracie L.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PCC is definitely my preference!

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

It's so much easier to track & maintain compliance, with multiple locations, in multiple states. It's great to be able to access PointClickCare anywhere I need to , day or night!

Pros

I absolutely love the ease of use, literally, point, click, care. So many different options to add to your base product, to really adapt the software to your companies specific needs.

Cons

There are a few reporting areas that are lacking, & some software systems seem to do a better job of reporting.
I also feel like there is an extensive wait on help tickets items at times, but I don't know programming, so what I feel could be a simple fix, may not be that simple.

Mary M.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

Great program - quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

PCC made tracking and reporting on my care of my residents a whole lot quicker and easier.

Pros

Our facility switched over to PCC last year. It was easy to switch over to - easy to learn. It has a lot more functionality than our previous software, and all the different ways the program displays data about residents, especially the MAR (Medication Administration Record) screen, is great. Easy to read and scale, quick and easy physician order entering, with plenty of dropdowns and auto-populating fields. Love the batch entry options. Running and printing reports was easy.

Cons

I work night shift, which is when they do maintenance. I'm happy to report, though, that I was only down for a couple of hours for one night, and they gave plenty of notice about it.

Abigail S.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

I have been a user of this software for over 10 years at my work. I highly recommend this product which is why I believe it should be used across the nation to help standardize the way we document or retrieve data

Pros

It’s got everything you need to generate reports within seconds. It’s user friendly and easy to navigate the tabs etc.

Cons

So far I haven’t experienced any negative thing while exploring this software.
Sometimes it’s slow but i believe it’s from our workplace internet and has nothing to do with pcc.

Chandra W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

PointClickCare

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

The customer service is helpful, the community page is helpful, and the flow of documentation saves our nursing staff valuable time they can then spend with the residents.

Pros

That it enables us to best capture the care we provide and we're able to easily access the entire chart from one program.

Cons

If we find an area that could be improved upon, PointClickCare listens and provides the tools we need. I don't have any areas that I could say I like the least.

Point Click a good program

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

I enjoy using point click. I can also go there for information that I need quickly.

Pros

Point Click is easy to use. Each task has it's own separate tab with the ability to open the tab to view any details that you may need to know.

Cons

The time is sometimes takes to save but that may be too to our internet service rather than the software itself . It also has a "set" time when the system "saves" and during that time, charting is very slow.

Industry: Financial Services

New User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

PointClickCare was simple to use and easy to navigate for new team members compared to other EHR software.

Pros

The software was very user-friendly. Locating information was easy and only displayed the information that was needed or relevant.

Cons

The document upload feature was very slow to complete. Once it was completed, opening a document took a decent amount of time and the software would occasionally crash during this process.

Sara A.

PointClickCare for SNF/ALF LTC Documentation

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

PCC is easy to use and does not have a lot of things that cloud the screen.

Pros

PCC offers a lot of reports that users can run within the software and unlike other LTC software, it does not take a lot of training to use. The social work side of PCC was easy to utilize.

Cons

PCC is clear cut and straight forward, however I do wish that they did not charge for each additional module beyond the base you added.

Mandy B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I use the financial aspect of this software; the GL/AP module

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

This software is so easy to use compared to others, in my experience.

Pros

PCC is very user friendly. We were able to implement and use it with very little training.

I've used other software and had issues with journal entries not posting to the GL, or invoices not posting to the GL, but with PCC, all the modules communicate as they should.

The reports that run through PCC are clear and easy to read unlike our previous software.

I make bi-weekly payroll entries, using multiple GL accounts, and with PCC we can set up a recurring entry, only having to change the dollar amounts with each payroll. This saves a lot of time and work.

Reports are searchable. When I'm entering an invoice, I can put notes in the memo, then If I'm looking for a specific memo for a vendor, I can pull a vendor transaction report, hit CTRL + F, and search the report for the invoice. This has come in handy quite often when we are trying to figure out when the last time we ordered something was, or how much we paid for it.

Cons

I would like to be able to change invoices while the period is open. Once they are entered, they must be voided to make any changes.

Melody S.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Point Click Care is a multi-faceted software with many great features. The number of different things it can do is amazing.

Reviewed on 2018/10/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the ease of finding information. Many of the reports are very helpful - you can just adjust to your specifications and run. I have hardly ever seen trouble with the system going down or not working properly - very reliable.

Cons

I use the clinical tab more, but am in an administrative position within our LTC facility so reports are very helpful. I wish that there were a way to make the reports more customized - maybe a whole report writing feature where you could get the specific data that you are looking for, in the way that you want it to export. We also have trouble with the whole outpatient therapy set up. It seems confusing as to where to find the resident's information or where to upload documents when a resident is a outpatient SNF for therapy but is living in our assisted living or memory care unit. PCC won't recognize the resident as a new admit to SNF when they move into SNF if they are already an outpatient for therapy. Maybe we just need to know how to use it properly, but it seems rather convoluted and unclear.

Jason B.

EMR for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

The overall experience with Point Click Care has been positive. PCC is constantly updating and changing the way they offer training within PCC. They have recently added videos and streamlined help desk within the program. I would recommended PCC for SNF and senior living needs at any facility.

Pros

-Can assist in helping track referrals.
-Can assist in tracking rehospitalziation and length of stay
-Assists in tracking data and the QAPI process.
-It has a robust tool and assessment base for care management
-It has other tools related to business analysis and financial management

A big plus is the customer support for Point Click Care is available and eager to address any concerns.

Cons

- Cloud based Electronic Health Record. This means if your internet goes down, you're not going to have access to your data and patient records. A reliable internet connection is a must.

Jacklin L.

EHR Industry Leader

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

PointClickCare is helping our organization to standardize documentation processes and improve documentation compliance. Due to improved efficiency our nurses are able to focus more on patient care.

Pros

PointClickCare is incredibly user friendly; easy to use and understand. PCC stays ahead of the game when it comes to changes within the healthcare industry helping their customers, like me, ensure we are ready and have the tools needed to be successful. Favorite add on modules include Practitioner Engagement, Integrated Results Tracking, and all of our vendor integrations!

Cons

Our facility has grown so reliant on our our vendor integrations that we really do feel the impact when one of our vendors doesn't have an integration with PCC. To help combat this struggle we have started choosing our vendors based on integration status with PCC.

Miguel F.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: Self Employed

PCC - Bringing Acctg & Clinical together!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have very little to complain on the accounting side of this. The ability to import long journal entries from excel or annual budgets have been a life and time saver! The integration of the clinical side that works with the revenue side and imports into the general ledger is fantastic. No need for additional software subscriptions.

Pros

First and foremost, PointClickCare is a web-based program so you can log-in and work from anywhere you have internet connect! BONUS! Secondly, having an all-in-one software that fulfills not only your accounting needs but also your clinical (nursing) needs. If the accounting department needs information regarding a patient, all their information is stored and can be scanned into PCC to be viewed, analyzed, and audited. There is no need to jump for program to program or invest in a different software and hope it integrates with your accounting software.

Cons

The difficulty of "building" your own financial statements/report. Any time that a new account is added, you have to update your customized financial statement and hope you don't accident ruin the entire report. A more simplier process would make this program, from the accounting side, a 5 star.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tina W.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My experiences with PCC

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Overall, I have approx 4 years of experience with this program, and like it the best, out of the other programs I've also used.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of using this product. It makes medication and treeatment passes easy. It provided quick look-up for patient profiles, personal contact information, and over-all general information on a patient.

Cons

Attempting to re-order medications can be a hassle. Since the update, one must re-order meds via the eMAR. This can be an issue due to time restraints of medication pass. Since the last two updates, manuevering the system has actually gotten more difficult, not easier. Attempting ot print out complete reports on medication and treament order history is not nearly as easy and simple stepped, as previously prior to the latest updates.

Katherine Y.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

This literally changed how we do everything, for the better!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Overall I love the software, sometimes it can take a while to get an issue resolved, but mostly I love it and can't imagine going back to what we had before.

Pros

Very user-friendly, I know this has improved our collections over what we had before, tremendously. It's like night and day difference. Easy to use, easy to undo something if you've made a mistake, it's really the best software for this purpose I've ever used.

Cons

Sometimes they make changes that are actually not better than the way it was before. Like transaction history, it was fine before, now I can barely understand it. At least give us the option to use the older version or the newer version.

Anne H.

The Best way to build your EHR

Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Customer support is good when you reach out for assistance. There is also a large and well populated help tab to assist with training new users. Customization is easy so a few "super users " can quickly identify and implement improvements .

Pros

PCC is very customizable. It offers a well organized approach to clinical, administrative , quality assurance and marketing uses. The Document Manager is a lifesaver keeping all aspects of paper record keeping easily organized and retrievable within a very secure platform.

Cons

It can get costly as you expand your use. PCC charges to add each module .

Chris H.

Point Click Care Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Good. There is nothing better for an all encompassing system for documentation in a nursing home.

Pros

This is the best overall software for a nursing home. I have dabbed in Matrix as well, and PointClickCare far out hustles. It is a much better software overall.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. It can take anywhere from 60 minutes to 120 minutes, just to get someone on the phone for them to help you. Even then, all they really do is say that they are going to reset the system or whatever and then leave you hanging. This needs some serious help.

Jessica G.

Excellent EMAR/ETAR system

Reviewed on 2018/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Learning this program is super fast and easy. All patient info is in their clinical chart, Going in to EMAR, the ETAR is just another click away. Making passing meds and doing treatments easy to follow. Meds can be grouped together to the time frame your passing them , or click on all meds due that shift. Times are color coded to assist with whats due now, whats late and what needs to be given.

Cons

D/Cd meds i think should be in med list, just marked as D/C, rather than an separate section of just D/Cd medications

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Long Term Care Software is Awesome

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

I have used PointClickCare for 6 1/2 years now. The changes and updates that have been made over the years have been phenomenal! We just started working with the financial modules recently and they have been a huge asset to the company!

Pros

I love how easy PointClickCare (PCC) software is to use! You can navigate through fairly effortlessly!

Cons

We haven’t quite managed to get our company on line with pharmacy integration yet. It would be nice if there more configuration options to allow for that.

Sheri C.

Use for both management of resident chart and financial profile

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Pros

We are able to use to manage resident care and financial charts in on the system. It's very versatile and customizable- a lot of reports can be pulled for specific data

Cons

A lot of the reports can not be be manipulated in excel. I would prefer to have capability to sort etc but many reports are set up as PDF only

PointClickCare Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I use PointClickCare on a daily basis as a Dietitian in Long Term Care. It makes assessing residents very fast and efficient.

Pros

it is extremely easy to use and has all the appropriate categories to assess healthcare residents.

Cons

It seems to not work occasionally and I never know how long to expect it to be out of commission.

Cheryl K.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Like this software because it is user friendly

Reviewed on 2015/08/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The vender is professional and willing to assist to get you where you need to be. They are always on call and they talk in terms you can understand. Point Click Care is user friendly and that makes all the difference in the world! I do have to say I would like the navigation tree back. Otherwise this is an awesome product and is worth it!!!

Cons

I wish the navigation tree was back. My coworker's and I miss that. Now we have to go all the way back out and then back in. Wastes our time where with e tree it would flow much better.

Lyneda B.

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

I use it every day to administer medications to my patients. I can check on orders, allergies, medication interactions, and whatever information I need.

Pros

This software is easy to use and easy to design to your needs. All our orders, labs, histories, and diagnoses are easy to get to. The prompts help you correct any errors and help you figure out where you need to go.

Cons

There is nothing really that I dont like about the software. It suits the needs of our facility well.