Skilled Nursing Core Platform

4,5 (71)
Patient management software for hospitals and ACOs

Linley G.

PCC Success

Reviewed on 2021/05/31

This is our EHR/EMR platform. It allows us to chart on our residents, document their medication administrations.

Pros

The ease of use. PCC is very user friendly and for many users can be taught with minimal instruction time. It is web-based so there is no program that has to be downloaded. There is a great support system of users through their Pulse network, which allows you to ask questions and get ideas from people that are using it day in and day out like yourself.

Cons

There are several things. One is the way you set up their user roles. It is confusing and there is nothing straight forward about it. While I'm on the clinical side I know that our business office had a bunch of issues in the beginning and clinical would be told to do something one way and the business the exact opposite. We had issues with that for a while, but they have resolved over the last couple of years. Their modules as add-on can be expensive and the cost of set up of the module is expensive.

Brent D.

Consolidation for success

Reviewed on 2021/08/17

The experience from start to finish was great. PCC assigns a project manager, clinical implementer, and financial implementer. The journey is on the arduous side of life with a lot of meetings and trainings but the journey is necessary for success. The implementers on each side did an excellent making sure we were ready to cross the finish line. The only negative is I found the project manager to be borderline worthless. But her ineffectiveness did not hinder the project too much.

Pros

The ability to include all business lines in one software package. Prior to PCC we had separate software for billings, aide charting, nurse charting, and assisted living charting. After implementation of PCC all the disparity was gone. Within a couple of months of being live with PCC we were experiencing efficiencies that were not possible in the disparate model.

Cons

To me the biggest con with PCC is not having read only access to the database. The DB access would allow customers to create reports that meet the need of the customer. Sure, PCC has a lot of wonderful predefined reports that work well. However, the predefined report is often missing something that would make it a home run. This means that I often need to cobble a couple of reports together to get all the information I need.

Caremerge and MatrixCare Home Health & Hospice

Reasons for Choosing Skilled Nursing Core Platform

We switched because we wanted to have one EHR solution for all lines of business. The primary motivators were providing better workflow for billing and the allowing for medical record continuity as patients move through the levels of care.

Reasons for Switching to Skilled Nursing Core Platform

The primary reason was PCC's desire to stay engaged in process. When I had the final two and was preparing a simple cost benefit analysis PCC was always available and willing to answer questions. By contrast, Matrix Care was slow to answer or failed to answer many of the same questions that were answered by PCC.
Meagan F.

Point Click Care Review LTC RN

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Overall PointClickCare accomplishes what it's intended to accomplish rather painlessly.

Pros

As an RN who has charted in multiple different programs PointClickCare is easy to use. It is user-friendly and typically is very intuitive. It doesn't take long to train new staff to utilize it.

Cons

Certain aspects of the software don't seem to "speak" to each other well and one finds themselves clicking through many pages to find information that ought to be available in a "view all" style tab. Much of this is user error if notes aren't "linked" but there is no "search bar" to filter and make searching faster. In this way much of the required charting feels like you are submitting it into outer space for no one to see unless there is an issue and someone digs through it. This forces us to utilize different charting to accomplish thorough communication--causing the dreaded double/triple charting HCPs complain about.

Rachel R.

So Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2021/11/05

Amazing! By far my skilled nursing software of choice!

Pros

It is so easy to use and navigate! Documenting on multiple patient records is a snap. The 24 hour lookback report will show every progress note entered in 24 hours. SO MANY wonderful features that makes your impossible job of reviewing all of a sudden more possible.

Cons

The biggest con is adapting and changing the software is very expensive, cumbersome, and difficult. Other softwares are much more responsive while PCC is comfortable in their product.

Robyne W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Powerful Application

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

We are able to offer our attending physicians so many options to access their patient data without them necessarily having to visit the facility every time. The communication between outside entities and PCC cuts out a lot of phone calls, faxes and manual entry. I like that we can generate claims and have them flow to one of our clearinghouses. I like that we can have more consistency throughout all of our facilities and users. Overall, it's been a great time-saver and I feel that our records are far more accurate.

Pros

PointClickCare is the industry leader for a reason. It's easy to see that the developers of it understand, for the most part, the end user experience. I like that it's updated on a regular basis, keeping up with the latest regulations. I like that there are so many options for integration of outside entities, such as Lab, Radiology, Pharmacy, Medical Supplies, Payer Clearinghouses. I like that the dashboards are customizable for my particular needs and that so much information is easily available.

Cons

As the person who does most of the payer setups, implementation, and training, I feel that while the front end user experience is great, the back end is kind of complicated. Setting up a new payer takes a lot of steps to accomplish. I understand the need for having so much information going in, since so much is available going out, but maybe there's a way to streamline it a little more. I would also like to see PCC integrate with more than just one clearinghouse. I would also like an eligibility integration with more than just Dorado. I would like to be able to rerun Trust Statements month by month.

Melissa D.

PCC a Partner for Change

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

The PCC Skilled Platform has provided us the opportunity to develop a streamlined process to document on the residents. The system allows us to customize what we need to ensure that we can meet our local and state regulations, as well as federal regulations. Overall, we are very pleased with the Point Click Care product and look forward to watching PCC continue to grow.

Pros

PointClickCare makes integration with other vendors very easy. Continually adding PCC partners allows organizations to determine their own vendors to utilize but still maintain the level of integration needed in a software. The PointClickCare software is user friendly and continues to develop the software using the latest technologies and evidenced based practices. The customer support staff is very friendly.

Cons

One Con of the PointClickCare software is that workflows may not work for two different service lines and while some customization is allowed, it can be difficult to develop a workflow for both a Skilled Facility and an Assisted Living Facility, for example CRM. Another area that is making advancements that are much needed are the auditing capabilities. These capabilities are overdue.

MatrixCare Home Health & Hospice

Reasons for Switching to Skilled Nursing Core Platform

PCC had a larger market share, met our business needs, and overall growth opportunity.
Jason H.

Simply the BEST

It is so user friendly!

Pros

What I like the most about PCC is the ease of use. This program is so functional and constantly improving. The feed back we get from our users is just what we were looking for. PCC takes time to listen to things us as facilities need on the front line. Updates and changes happen regularly. Not one software is perfect, but overall we are very happy. Keep in mind that our prior software we used for approximately 15 years. It was definitely a challenge changing peoples mind set from "this is how I did it before", to WOW this is so much easier. We are committed to a partnership with PCC that will last through the years! Everyone we have worked with from PCC has been great. The PULSE family as well in a resource and bonus that we could not live without. I would highly recommend PCC to any of my friends in the health care field. Thank you for all you do!

Cons

There are none in my book! If I had to say one thing that could be worked on in updating status of held desk tickets on the platform. It seems they don't ever change.

Agency Matrix

Reasons for Choosing Skilled Nursing Core Platform

The technology and platform was very dated and slow performance. They attempted to give is a updated version when they found out we were switching to PCC. It was really just a fluffed up new login page that linked you to the same old system.

Reasons for Switching to Skilled Nursing Core Platform

PCC had what we needed for a reasonable cost. Plus on of my three sister facilities already used PCC so it was natural for us to combine under 1 ORG code for all the buildings in our company
Casey W.

PointClickCare Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/28

I am an expert at the Skilled Nursing Core Platform

Pros

PointClickCare has many users and it is easy to collaborate with others. Some aspects of the system all you the customization you want/need. Many areas of the system are easy to use

Cons

Not able to customize as much as needed. Does not always meet industry standards (or what we at the level of use feel we need). Products are often pushed out before glitches are worked out and it causes us to have to create work arounds. I also do not like that everything is sold separately - and comes at a significant cost. Does not give you the ability to scope things to facilities in some areas - its either corporate or facility level but does not give you the option to scope it corporately and choose which facilities it will show at. You can't "retire" certain things - such as departments/positions - they show up on the list forever and you are supposed to just put a zzz in front. Why can't they all be retired and not seen on the screen

Roger O.

Great use of Technology

Reviewed on 2021/05/26

Capturing all task and getting more reimbursement per resident

Pros

I really enjoy setting up and implementing the POC feature, Nurses and nurse aids love the ease of documenting using a smart phone right when they walk out of the room.

Cons

Cant really think of any Cons, always improving, reporting is great, setting up new users is a breeze.

Point Click a good program

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

I enjoy using point click. I can also go there for information that I need quickly.

Pros

Point Click is easy to use. Each task has it's own separate tab with the ability to open the tab to view any details that you may need to know.

Cons

The time is sometimes takes to save but that may be too to our internet service rather than the software itself . It also has a "set" time when the system "saves" and during that time, charting is very slow.

Suzanne W.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

Overall the Skilled Nursing Platform has been a very easy to utilize and implement program. We are very pleased with how we are able to use it to reduce some of our workload by putting all things in one place; letting us focus on what is more important - our residents!

Pros

We have utilized PCC since 2010. The integration process varies depending on which modules that are being utilized. It does take some time, however PCC has put together a very logical and well thought out implementation plan to assist the company team to completion. The PCC program is easy to use and very customizable for company needs and specifications. There are routine upgrades and changes to the system almost weekly; very timely for our needs and those constant changes from the governmental agencies. All updates are done overnight at a time most convenient to our facility. Plenty of notice is given to the facility to ensure all are aware of potential downtime during installation. Utilization is very easy and easily trainable to even the most hesitant of computer users. The order entry, especially the queue feature are amazing!

Cons

The feature that is the most cumbersome in PCC is the Reports feature. It has been upgraded recently which has caused some frustration. While it has improved there are quite a few reports we would like to run and are not in the system. Risk Management is another area where there is some more work to be done; it is very limited in scope at this time.

Joyce W.

Skilled Nursing Software Solution

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

I use it primarily for screening and EHR reviews as related to rehab services we provide in the facility.

Pros

As a Rehab Coordinator, I do not do direct documentation in PCC, but I daily use it for completing my job requirements. PCC Skilled Nursing software has been very easy for me to access, find reports, locate integrated therapy documents, perform screenings and review resident medical diagnoses, orders, assessments, care plans and progress notes as needed to better perform my job. I frequently use the Help searches, watch training videos, search Customer Support Portal and joined their online community. By accessing The Pulse, it has added even more education on all that PCC offers: documentation/assessment options, updated CMS info, learned how to gain access to EHR prior to admission with Carequality and connecting with other PCC users. I am very impressed by the professionalism shown by PCC, the innovative new products they offer, great customer support and the creative ways to connect to users via The Pulse, online community!

Cons

PCC's Skilled Nursing Core Platform only covers nursing side of skilled care and doesn't include Therapy directly in the program. Facilities have to find a separate Therapy software company that can then integrate with PCC. (Which PCC has integrations contracts with a few partners) So, if PCC could somehow combine Nursing and Rehab, it would be a benefit all around.

Mandy B.

I use the financial aspect of this software; the GL/AP module

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

This software is so easy to use compared to others, in my experience.

Pros

PCC is very user friendly. We were able to implement and use it with very little training.

I've used other software and had issues with journal entries not posting to the GL, or invoices not posting to the GL, but with PCC, all the modules communicate as they should.

The reports that run through PCC are clear and easy to read unlike our previous software.

I make bi-weekly payroll entries, using multiple GL accounts, and with PCC we can set up a recurring entry, only having to change the dollar amounts with each payroll. This saves a lot of time and work.

Reports are searchable. When I'm entering an invoice, I can put notes in the memo, then If I'm looking for a specific memo for a vendor, I can pull a vendor transaction report, hit CTRL + F, and search the report for the invoice. This has come in handy quite often when we are trying to figure out when the last time we ordered something was, or how much we paid for it.

Cons

I would like to be able to change invoices while the period is open. Once they are entered, they must be voided to make any changes.

Tamara W.

PointClickCare for Nursing Homes

Reviewed on 2021/06/14

It has been a gamechanger for us! No one was familiar with our previous software, which was very difficult to use. PCC has helped us improve workflow and reduce having to maintain spread sheets of information by have a robust reporting system

Pros

I like the complete integration of the software. We don't have to go from one system to another to get the information we need.

Cons

I think there could be shortcuts to perform certain tasks. It would be nice if an entered search term targets just that and not everything that may contain one of the words.

Melody S.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Point Click Care is a multi-faceted software with many great features. The number of...

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

I like the ease of finding information. Many of the reports are very helpful - you can just adjust to your specifications and run. I have hardly ever seen trouble with the system going down or not working properly - very reliable.

Cons

I use the clinical tab more, but am in an administrative position within our LTC facility so reports are very helpful. I wish that there were a way to make the reports more customized - maybe a whole report writing feature where you could get the specific data that you are looking for, in the way that you want it to export. We also have trouble with the whole outpatient therapy set up. It seems confusing as to where to find the resident's information or where to upload documents when a resident is a outpatient SNF for therapy but is living in our assisted living or memory care unit. PCC won't recognize the resident as a new admit to SNF when they move into SNF if they are already an outpatient for therapy. Maybe we just need to know how to use it properly, but it seems rather convoluted and unclear.

Nancy M.

There is no other!

Reviewed on 2021/05/26

We have gone from a mostly paper EHR to a mostly electronic EHR with PCC. We have been using it for about 13 years now, and would not want to work in a Nursing Facility that didn't use PCC. It is a complete software package that covers every aspect of our facility's clinical, financial, and dietary needs.

Pros

There is not anything to dislike with PointClickCare. What has to be the best feature of this EHR software is that it is set up custom to each organization's needs. Facilities are not all the same, and this software get's it!

Cons

There is nothing that I really dislike about PCC, however I do often wish that I could copy existing users to set up new ones.

Jason B.

EMR for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

The overall experience with Point Click Care has been positive. PCC is constantly updating and changing the way they offer training within PCC. They have recently added videos and streamlined help desk within the program. I would recommended PCC for SNF and senior living needs at any facility.

Pros

-Can assist in helping track referrals.
-Can assist in tracking rehospitalziation and length of stay
-Assists in tracking data and the QAPI process.
-It has a robust tool and assessment base for care management
-It has other tools related to business analysis and financial management

A big plus is the customer support for Point Click Care is available and eager to address any concerns.

Cons

- Cloud based Electronic Health Record. This means if your internet goes down, you're not going to have access to your data and patient records. A reliable internet connection is a must.

Jacklin L.

EHR Industry Leader

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

PointClickCare is helping our organization to standardize documentation processes and improve documentation compliance. Due to improved efficiency our nurses are able to focus more on patient care.

Pros

PointClickCare is incredibly user friendly; easy to use and understand. PCC stays ahead of the game when it comes to changes within the healthcare industry helping their customers, like me, ensure we are ready and have the tools needed to be successful. Favorite add on modules include Practitioner Engagement, Integrated Results Tracking, and all of our vendor integrations!

Cons

Our facility has grown so reliant on our our vendor integrations that we really do feel the impact when one of our vendors doesn't have an integration with PCC. To help combat this struggle we have started choosing our vendors based on integration status with PCC.

Miguel F.
  • Industry: Accounting

PCC - Bringing Acctg & Clinical together!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have very little to complain on the accounting side of this. The ability to import long journal entries from excel or annual budgets have been a life and time saver! The integration of the clinical side that works with the revenue side and imports into the general ledger is fantastic. No need for additional software subscriptions.

Pros

First and foremost, PointClickCare is a web-based program so you can log-in and work from anywhere you have internet connect! BONUS! Secondly, having an all-in-one software that fulfills not only your accounting needs but also your clinical (nursing) needs. If the accounting department needs information regarding a patient, all their information is stored and can be scanned into PCC to be viewed, analyzed, and audited. There is no need to jump for program to program or invest in a different software and hope it integrates with your accounting software.

Cons

The difficulty of "building" your own financial statements/report. Any time that a new account is added, you have to update your customized financial statement and hope you don't accident ruin the entire report. A more simplier process would make this program, from the accounting side, a 5 star.

Tina W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My experiences with PCC

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Overall, I have approx 4 years of experience with this program, and like it the best, out of the other programs I've also used.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of using this product. It makes medication and treeatment passes easy. It provided quick look-up for patient profiles, personal contact information, and over-all general information on a patient.

Cons

Attempting to re-order medications can be a hassle. Since the update, one must re-order meds via the eMAR. This can be an issue due to time restraints of medication pass. Since the last two updates, manuevering the system has actually gotten more difficult, not easier. Attempting ot print out complete reports on medication and treament order history is not nearly as easy and simple stepped, as previously prior to the latest updates.

Tracie L.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PCC is definitely my preference!

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

It's so much easier to track & maintain compliance, with multiple locations, in multiple states. It's great to be able to access PointClickCare anywhere I need to , day or night!

Pros

I absolutely love the ease of use, literally, point, click, care. So many different options to add to your base product, to really adapt the software to your companies specific needs.

Cons

There are a few reporting areas that are lacking, & some software systems seem to do a better job of reporting.
I also feel like there is an extensive wait on help tickets items at times, but I don't know programming, so what I feel could be a simple fix, may not be that simple.

Katherine Y.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

This literally changed how we do everything, for the better!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Overall I love the software, sometimes it can take a while to get an issue resolved, but mostly I love it and can't imagine going back to what we had before.

Pros

Very user-friendly, I know this has improved our collections over what we had before, tremendously. It's like night and day difference. Easy to use, easy to undo something if you've made a mistake, it's really the best software for this purpose I've ever used.

Cons

Sometimes they make changes that are actually not better than the way it was before. Like transaction history, it was fine before, now I can barely understand it. At least give us the option to use the older version or the newer version.

Mary M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great program - quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

PCC made tracking and reporting on my care of my residents a whole lot quicker and easier.

Pros

Our facility switched over to PCC last year. It was easy to switch over to - easy to learn. It has a lot more functionality than our previous software, and all the different ways the program displays data about residents, especially the MAR (Medication Administration Record) screen, is great. Easy to read and scale, quick and easy physician order entering, with plenty of dropdowns and auto-populating fields. Love the batch entry options. Running and printing reports was easy.

Cons

I work night shift, which is when they do maintenance. I'm happy to report, though, that I was only down for a couple of hours for one night, and they gave plenty of notice about it.

Garriann H.
  • Industry: Accounting

Best System in the Industry

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

I have implemented from the start to being an end user, trainer , consultant and security administrator.

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate. It is able to be customized to each individuals role in the organization.

Cons

When I did my fist implementation many years ago I felt it was very labor intensive. However, after doing many more implementations over the years PCC has improved the process and made it much easier to set up.

Anne H.

The Best way to build your EHR

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Customer support is good when you reach out for assistance. There is also a large and well populated help tab to assist with training new users. Customization is easy so a few "super users " can quickly identify and implement improvements .

Pros

PCC is very customizable. It offers a well organized approach to clinical, administrative , quality assurance and marketing uses. The Document Manager is a lifesaver keeping all aspects of paper record keeping easily organized and retrievable within a very secure platform.

Cons

It can get costly as you expand your use. PCC charges to add each module .