Tinkercad

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great for Novices

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

I use TinkerCAD to design parts for instruments and my own creations to be 3D printed.

Pros

TinkerCAD is web based, so it takes up no space on your computer. This also means that if you share your file with someone else, they need only access the website; no additional software required.

Cons

TinkerCAD was developed as an educational tool, so it lacks many of the features you might find in a traditional CAD program.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Simple and easy

Reviewed on 2021/04/19

Overall, best learning tool for Beginners.

Pros

Tindercad is very easy and simple to use, learn and practice creating 3D models. It is especially very helpful and useful for the the ones who starts from the scratch having little knowledge of creating 3D models. The biggest advantage is that it's a free software, easy to explore and to gain basic knowledge of CAD.

Cons

The thing that I liked least that it does not contain many features. It has limited tools and options.

James B.

Super simple to learn.

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I have used Tinkercad to create some 3D models, modify some 3D models from online repositories. I have found it easy to use for very simple model creation / modification.

Pros

Tinkercad is very easy to learn to use. I also like the ability to use it anywhere, being web based. Log in and see all your projects, work on them, save them for later.

Cons

The set of features in Tinkercad is very limiting for more advanced 3D modeling. Sometimes wrapping your head around how to convince a box and/or a sphere make a shape you want can be time-consuming.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Just visualize,Tinkercad will do the rest!

Reviewed on 2021/01/01

I highly recommend TINKERCAD for beginners.Beginners can design basic things with this software.If the requirement is advanced design it would be better to use another software.

Pros

TINKERCAD is very user friendly software.Creating,designing and combining can do easily. Designs in STL and OBJ files supports all types of 3D printers,hence printing is very simple.Not only 3D design but also TINKERCAD can use as engineering and entertainment software.

Cons

Since this is an online tool,Internet connection is a must.

Brian R.

Great free tool for 3D printing

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Overall it has been an awesome ongoing experience! My wife and I both use the product, and have linked our libraries together. I use it to convert files to STLs for 3D Printing all the time.

Pros

I love that this browser based CAD program is free to use! You can export either a STL or an OBJ file. I love the library of 3D objects by Tinkercad.com and the community.

Cons

I wish you could move the camera around from a different point than just the center. Sometimes it’s hard to edit models because I can’t rotate to the spot I need.

Andrew B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The most underrated 3D software

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

This software is amazing. In school I was taught how to use ProE to do all ofu 3D modeling and stopped once I graduated because the software was an insane price. Recently I wanted to make a simple 3D model so I did a quick Google search for a free option and found this incredible option. I can't believe I haven't been using this longer. I designed and printed about a dozen models within two weeks of creating an account. This is a must have for anyone with a 3D printer and some creativity.

Pros

The price and how easy it is to use. From the second I loaded it up I was designing models.

Cons

I wish I could download a none browser version.

Ronald N.

TInkercad: Design, Create, Inspire

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

I have been using Tinkercad for over 3 years and have had students of all ages able to design from the simple keychain to the advanced assistive device. There is an ease of use and entry to Tinkercad as well as an abundance of video resources available. If you can use in conjunction with a platform like weareprintlab.com you can take your work to a whole other level.

Pros

First and foremost it is free, as an educator a free product is like gold. There is a great easy of use to Tinkercad as well, I have 3rd grade students designing and 3D printing! I really like that Tinkercad is also owned by a professional CAD software company, so student get a feel for pro tools without the struggle of the pro tools. It is also great that tinkercad is updating often so not only can you 3D design, but now there is the ability to build with microbits, circuits, and more.

You can also have students design even if you don't have the option of 3D printing. Students can design vehicles, houses, landscapes, and more. The best is that their ability to showcase as a 3D model in the end.

Cons

I would like to see an integration with a LMS like Google Classroom, but other than that it's great.

Murilo A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Easier option to design your 3D models

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

If you are starting on 3D modelling, Tinkercad is definitely the tool that you need to start using it. Then, if your models grow in complexity and you need more precision and more details, you will probably need to migrate to a more advanced tool.

Pros

I bought a 3D printer and started using it printing mainly already defined and available 3D models on the internet. Then I realized that I could myself produce my own 3D models and I found on Tinkercad the start point to learn how to create my own models, the tool is very easy to use and it is free. You can also find many tutorials on Youtube.

Cons

I think Tinkercad lacks in the measure of distance between specific parts of the models, also you can not design the model in 2D and then transform it in 3D like other tools do. When you need to create more advanced models, then you find that Tinkercad does not have all the features and tools that you need.

Balazs H.

Tinkercad the first step to 3D printing

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

I could buy a 3D printer for my workplace - a dorm for high school students. My students learned very fast with this software and they are very happy when we print their models.
In my opinion this is the best 3D modelling software for the beginning.

Pros

Tinkercad is a free, web-based 3D modelling software so you dont have to download and install it. It is easy to learn, easy to use and you can download or share your models.

Cons

At first the 3D modelling environment may frightening you. You must learn the quick keys because the navigation is hard with only a mouse.

Ece P.

Free and Simple 3D design

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

I have been using Tinkercad for creating 3D printings and it is an incredibly functional application. It is an ideal site where you can make 3D designs based on your imagination. If you have either simple or pro-level business, 3D design with Tinkercad will best suit to you. You can really enjoy making your designs.

Pros

You can save your projects in memory, and you can continue drawing whenever you want. Dragging GLB file into PowerPoint can be an impressive presentation to the audience. Even someone with no drawing experience can design a project in one hour.

Cons

Internet connection is required. There are limited features so that I sometimes cannot find the features that I want to use in my design. As a result, you can spend too much time than expected for complex designs. There should be downloadable version.

Marco S.
  • Industry: Design

Best way to learn 3d

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Creation and prototyping of small objects, such as toys and everyday things.

Pros

Tinkercad is an easy to learn software, very intuitive, ideal for children and people who are starting in 3D drawings.

Cons

Tinkercad besides being easy to learn and free software, Autodesk could add some tools that already exist in other company software as an introduction to NURBS.

Erin C.

Collaborative School Projects!

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

This has been a game changer for me! It will be used for years to come!

Pros

I love this FREE app on the students’ iPads. They can be creative but still hold a level of STEAM needed. It is easy to use (taught myself in a day) and it keeps the students excited to learn! We are creating a mini golf course with the 3D basic shapes and they are then going to calculate surface area, volume, etc.

Cons

The app will crash on us a couple times, but you just have to pull it back up - it’s not a deal breaker!

Avijit D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Awesome tool for beginners.

Reviewed on 2020/09/12

During this pandemic situation, with this tool i am able to show others how to use arduino circuits and use them, without providing them the real time hardware. They are loving the way of studying it. and also for my projects i did a simulation program that impressed the teachers.

Pros

The ease of access of 3d designing, simple yet useful "to the point" tools.
I mostly liked about the simulation of arduino circuits, Its very simple to simulate the real time arduino circuits. Recommended for beginners.

Cons

Real time power measurement is not that much accurate in the circuits section. Advanced simulation is still yet to consider for heavy applications.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Tinkercad - Getting Better Everyday

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

I have commercial software that is fairly expensive and will produce highly detailed and far more intricate models than you can with Tinkercad. But, unless it is highly detailed and requires exacting specifications, I'll bang it out on Tinkercad. Heck, I have a 3D printed model of my 3 story home. Each floor and the roof sections are seperate allowing you to open it up and see each floor. That model includes the stairwell, stairs and handrails with balasters for the stairs and open loft on the 3rd floor. The exposed wooden beams, vaulted ceilings, and even the huge front deck are all included, right down to the wood stove in the living room.

Pros

I can not say enough about this software and it's ease of use, functionality, and practical application to meet my needs. The buidling process is simple and with use you can become pretty imaginative with the process of creating the shapes you're looking for.

With the addition of the circuit builder and simulator it is a one stop shop for a lot of my projects. Not only can I design the firmware/software side of my project but I can also design and develop my project box/case/enclosure/etc. that I will be the final home for everything when I'm done. Thank you Autodesk for making this available for free.

Cons

I do not like having to hold down Ctrl/Shft in order to drag the screen left or right. But that is it, that's my only issue. Oh, one more - the ability to set an axis angle back to zero. Be careful when rotating items, getting them off by a degree or so is pretty easy to do, getting them to sit back flat on the build board, not so much.

Peter Z.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Viewpoint of a Beginner

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Amazing option for beginners, and it's FREE!

Pros

The software is free and user friendly. The shapes are all there and very easy to manipulate and use. For beginners this is the best software I can recommend. The website also allows you to search for other parts and incorporate them into your own creation, or just print it yourself. The best thing, TinkerCad is FREE!

Cons

The software does not allow you to build very detailed or in depth parts.

Joshua L.

Best CAD software for begginners

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

Tinkercad is a must learn tool for anyone wanting to get started with basic 3D design.

Pros

I've been using Tinkercad for a few years now to create simple 3D models for my 3D printer, so far I've been able to very easily create everything I need in it without having to buy and learn an expensive piece of software. It may look really easy (which it is), and that might put pro's off, but Tinkercad is really flexible and allows you to create a wide range of things.

Cons

I've nothing negative to say about tinkercad, it's not let me down in the few years I've been using it.

Jim J.

Great 3D CAD Starter Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

This is a great entry level CAD package that helps teach the basics of design and printing.

Pros

This program is web-based, free, and easy to start using. They have tutorials to get new users started in learning how to use the program. It exports to popular CAD software for 3D printing and users can share their projects very easily.

Cons

Sometimes getting the angle view I want is a challenge, and getting it set up for 3D printing can be trickly. I would like to see pre-built templates.

Tinker cad is good

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

it's very easy to use when you're new and it's very straight forward and makes sense

Pros

it's really easy to use well for when you're just starting out or for students and everything is strait forward

Cons

the thing that I like the least is the fact that you're limited for doing really custom stuff and theirs no circle cylinder

Jacquelynn P.
  • Industry: Machinery

Tinkercad Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Great software easy to use and makes 3D printing really fun and easy.

Pros

It's fun to use and also easy to learn and gets the job done when other CAD software is not available.

Cons

It's not as intagrated as others. Its very limited on it's capabilities and only does 3D not 2D to 3D.