Tinkercad

4,8
4,4
Avijit D.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Awesome tool for beginners.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/12

During this pandemic situation, with this tool i am able to show others how to use arduino circuits and use them, without providing them the real time hardware. They are loving the way of studying it. and also for my projects i did a simulation program that impressed the teachers.

Pros

The ease of access of 3d designing, simple yet useful "to the point" tools.
I mostly liked about the simulation of arduino circuits, Its very simple to simulate the real time arduino circuits. Recommended for beginners.

Cons

Real time power measurement is not that much accurate in the circuits section. Advanced simulation is still yet to consider for heavy applications.

Ronald N.
Industry: E-Learning

TInkercad: Design, Create, Inspire

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

I have been using Tinkercad for over 3 years and have had students of all ages able to design from the simple keychain to the advanced assistive device. There is an ease of use and entry to Tinkercad as well as an abundance of video resources available. If you can use in conjunction with a platform like weareprintlab.com you can take your work to a whole other level.

Pros

First and foremost it is free, as an educator a free product is like gold. There is a great easy of use to Tinkercad as well, I have 3rd grade students designing and 3D printing! I really like that Tinkercad is also owned by a professional CAD software company, so student get a feel for pro tools without the struggle of the pro tools. It is also great that tinkercad is updating often so not only can you 3D design, but now there is the ability to build with microbits, circuits, and more.

You can also have students design even if you don't have the option of 3D printing. Students can design vehicles, houses, landscapes, and more. The best is that their ability to showcase as a 3D model in the end.

Cons

I would like to see an integration with a LMS like Google Classroom, but other than that it's great.

James B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Super simple to learn.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I have used Tinkercad to create some 3D models, modify some 3D models from online repositories. I have found it easy to use for very simple model creation / modification.

Pros

Tinkercad is very easy to learn to use. I also like the ability to use it anywhere, being web based. Log in and see all your projects, work on them, save them for later.

Cons

The set of features in Tinkercad is very limiting for more advanced 3D modeling. Sometimes wrapping your head around how to convince a box and/or a sphere make a shape you want can be time-consuming.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brian R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great free tool for 3D printing

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Overall it has been an awesome ongoing experience! My wife and I both use the product, and have linked our libraries together. I use it to convert files to STLs for 3D Printing all the time.

Pros

I love that this browser based CAD program is free to use! You can export either a STL or an OBJ file. I love the library of 3D objects by Tinkercad.com and the community.

Cons

I wish you could move the camera around from a different point than just the center. Sometimes it’s hard to edit models because I can’t rotate to the spot I need.

Marco S.
Industry: Design

Best way to learn 3d

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Creation and prototyping of small objects, such as toys and everyday things.

Pros

Tinkercad is an easy to learn software, very intuitive, ideal for children and people who are starting in 3D drawings.

Cons

Tinkercad besides being easy to learn and free software, Autodesk could add some tools that already exist in other company software as an introduction to NURBS.

Peter Z.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Viewpoint of a Beginner

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Amazing option for beginners, and it's FREE!

Pros

The software is free and user friendly. The shapes are all there and very easy to manipulate and use. For beginners this is the best software I can recommend. The website also allows you to search for other parts and incorporate them into your own creation, or just print it yourself. The best thing, TinkerCad is FREE!

Cons

The software does not allow you to build very detailed or in depth parts.

Jim J.
Industry: Computer Software

Great 3D CAD Starter Software

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/10/05

This is a great entry level CAD package that helps teach the basics of design and printing.

Pros

This program is web-based, free, and easy to start using. They have tutorials to get new users started in learning how to use the program. It exports to popular CAD software for 3D printing and users can share their projects very easily.

Cons

Sometimes getting the angle view I want is a challenge, and getting it set up for 3D printing can be trickly. I would like to see pre-built templates.

Andrew B.
Industry: Consumer Services

The most underrated 3D software

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

This software is amazing. In school I was taught how to use ProE to do all ofu 3D modeling and stopped once I graduated because the software was an insane price. Recently I wanted to make a simple 3D model so I did a quick Google search for a free option and found this incredible option. I can't believe I haven't been using this longer. I designed and printed about a dozen models within two weeks of creating an account. This is a must have for anyone with a 3D printer and some creativity.

Pros

The price and how easy it is to use. From the second I loaded it up I was designing models.

Cons

I wish I could download a none browser version.

Jacquelynn P.
Industry: Machinery

Tinkercad Review

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Great software easy to use and makes 3D printing really fun and easy.

Pros

It's fun to use and also easy to learn and gets the job done when other CAD software is not available.

Cons

It's not as intagrated as others. Its very limited on it's capabilities and only does 3D not 2D to 3D.