ThinkReservations

Cloud-based hospitality property & booking management system

5 /5 (101 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Patricia H.

Easy to Use and Awesome Support

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Think will run webinars on how to use their software, but also more importantly on how this can help grow your business (like yield management). I mentioned continuous improvement. Sometimes when using the software you think, I wish a certain report was available, and vola you get an email that a series of new reports are available, and that is one of them. They are tuned in to the industry and what it takes to run the business. I would also like to say that from the guest side when booking we get lots of comments on ease of booking. The product is reasonably priced for small businesses and product quality is high. I highly recommend.

Pros

I have used this software from the beginning of running my bed and breakfast. I found it easy to set up, easy to use, easy to change things. I love the reports, I love that there is continuous improvement, but most of all I love the customer service. Great response rate and you do not feel like you are hanging out there with a question or issue.

Cons

Whenever I asked customer support for a certain report or function, they were quick to get back, considered the request and got back to me regarding if and when it would be implemented. I know this is not a con, I just wanted to point out that if there is something that you find you have an ear.

Karen S.

Wouldn't Consider Switching...Ever

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

Think Reservations was great from the beginning. They took all the data from the previous 12 years and incorporated into our new Think system. This is fabulous to have the historical information for reference. They were very considerate in the training arena when we converted as well. It can be scary to jump from one system to another and Think took that fear away from the start. Customer Service is always on top of things. We have never waited more than 24 hours for any issue. When I say "issue", it may be just a question or advise. We use the reports in the program for strategic planning and development. They eliminate the need for manual calculations. The reports are huge time savers; innkeepers need to utilize every minute they can get. We have recommended Think Reservations to several other Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers and will continue to do so.

Cons

Honestly, not one negative thing comes to mind when it comes to this program.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's wonderful to hear that your transition was so seamless and that you've been able to save valuable time.

Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Susan C.

Swiss Army Knife of Reservation Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Being a complete novice to the hospitality biz, I was happy that sellers had been using Think. They were veterans of the business, and I value their opinion. With ZERO experience, I found Think very logical, and easy to manipulate. I’ve been spoiled for other software offerings.
Their customer service is live, US based, and very knowledgeable and patient.

Pros

The ability to generate such a wide range of reports, quickly.

Cons

Wish there was a way to look up by guest phone number. Sometimes, I am trying to match a missed call etc, if I could search by phone number (I know about searching by guest name) it would be helpful.
Also, wish the “wait list” function was more seamless. I would like a notification when a prospective guest PUTS THEMSELF on the Wait List. A visual cue, like making a date/room on the grid show up purple if it has a wait list request on it, would be very helpful.
Otherwise, I have to remember EVERY DAY, to run a report for wait list requests. If I skip a few days, and miss such a request, I have no chance of getting them back.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Susan,

It means so much to us to hear that you've found the system so easy to use and have had a great experience when needing support. Our team is very passionate not just about our product, but our customers' experience and the industry as a whole.

I'm happy to let you know that our customer search feature does allow you to search by phone number, as well as email address!

With using our Wait List it's designed to automatically alert you when a cancellation is processed if you have a wait list entry that matches the date so you're not spending time looking through that list when you don't need to. We'll have a member of our team reach out to go over the details!

Mohamad H.

Great Property Management System for small lodging establishments

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Overall very happy. I would like to see the budgeting process and group reservations improved.

Pros

Ease of use and training. The cost was also reasonable and affordable for a small business as ours.

Cons

Budgeting function/process is not ideal and it is time consuming. Ideally, one should be able to copy prior year budgets and easily increase or decrease the values; just like the rates can be increased or decreased in groups.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Mohamad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with using ThinkReservations!

We love to hear that you find the system easy to use. We're always looking for ways to enhance functionality and hope to be able to release some updates to our Rate Types settings soon and plan to have an upgraded Groups module as well, so stay tuned.

We really appreciate you trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Laura

Daina B.

Superb product!

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Always responsive when needed and always implementing new and improved capabilities.

Pros

Very user friendly, provides exceptional capabilities for small hospitality properties, affordable and well supported.

Cons

Would love a better interface with QuickBooks

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Daina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of ThinkReservations!

It means so much to us to know you've found the system to provide an exceptional level of features and service.

We appreciate you trusting our team with such an important role in your business!

Stephanie M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The Best Reservation Software on Earth!!!

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

I love ThinkReservations. When I started with the company there was Rep helping me and he had the patience of Job. Any questions I had - and there were a lot - he answered patiently and in a language I could understand. Today, all of people now working with ThinkReservations are much the same in that they take the time I need to fix my mistakes and help with any questions and needs I have with the software.

Pros

It's easy to use - user friendly. For me this is most important as I am in no way techie. Instructions on how to use the software is simply written and understandable. On the "Help" pages for ThinkReservations answers are easy to understand.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so much for your review of ThinkReservations!

It means so much to us to hear about your love of the system and our team! We are passionate about what we do and we're glad to hear it shows.

We value your trust in us and look forward to continuing to work with you into the future!

Susan E.

Transition from 3 yrs of Wix to TR is painless

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

I am a new customer, who has used Wix for the past 3.5 years. I still use Wix, but stopped using the hotel feature. TR was able to port my info over, and the booking engine looks like my web site. Reports use all my booking data, even the 3+ years of Wix data. Going live was painless, with just one hiccup. When I turned Wix Hotels off, the TR booking engine needed to be re-set to point to the new Rooms tab.

Pros

Great flexibility in making changes to reservations, creation of rules for min night stays, credit card usage, and deposit rules. Good reports. Very easy to use on phone, can take reservations and new credit card info while working on my phone. Excellent customer service, even on a holiday weekend. Professional looking correspondence, with sophisticated templates and rules for when to send. Easy to find history on a reservation that is modified by more than one person. Easy to read and scroll calendar with easy links for zooming in. Never have to leave customer or reservation screen to take credit card info. Easy to merge duplicate customers.

Cons

Calendar notes don't work on iphone or ipad. I would like to have an ap just for the phone, however the regular website works pretty well on it.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Susan,

It's great to see that you've taken advantage of so many of our features to help run your business and that you've found our customer service to be valuable! We also love to hear that the transition was quick and easy.

We'll be talking with our tech team about the calendar notes feature for mobile devices and we'll be in touch through Support.

Mary C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy format - lots of options.

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

We are really grateful for Thinkreservations.
We were doing all of our own credit card processing and calendar blocks. Now our customers can make their own reservations without needing to call me on the phone (so old school). ThinkR helped us get up to date with how people are making online reservations. From the first day of set-up to now we feel comfortable calling them for assistance. We love the way they made the reservations page look like our own website. When we updated our website they were very quick to update their page as well to keep things looking uniform. We highly recommend working with ThinkR. We like their small company and high quality.

Pros

After learning the software I was able to make any changes to our company policies, prices, and other changes without any difficulties. However, if I needed help Thinkreservations was always just a phone call away.

Cons

The calendar functions are a little too small for my iphone. But I use it anyway, its just so convenient. Maybe ThinkR can come up with an app.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear that you've found the system easy to use and that it's been beneficial to your guests, allowing them to now book right online!

We've noted your request for an app and will definitely let you know if we develop one in the future.

Victor G.

The best Reservation software

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Pros

Having used other reservation systems we found ThinkReservations to be easy to implement and very easy for our users to learn. Just about everything we need to do can be accomplished on one screen. Our main reason for switching to Think was their interface to OTA's which makes keeping multiple calendars obsolete. Their support is excellent. We've never been kept waiting for a response. their support personnel are knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like. When we've come up with an issue their support has been able to resolve every one promptly.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Victor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It means so much to us to hear how well our channel manager is working for you to simplify the OTA connections! We also love hearing that you've had a great experience whenever you've contacted our Support team.

Donna C.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

A great positive experience!

Pros

Full featured and does every well for our busy business. We love the mobile capability that allows us to take reservations while on the road. The security and lack of visibility of our guest's credit cards is a great feature.

Cons

Would like some consolidated, in-depth performance reports. We like to look on a monthly basis comparing years past.
For housekeeping reports and views we would like less information visible of our guest's information.

Carol D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent product, over-the-top support services

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Ease of making on-line reservations, customer support is outstanding and super helpful.

Pros

Easy to use, many great features that I was looking for in the B&B hospitality industry.

Cons

Had to learn a new product but that is always the case when you change reservation systems.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Carol

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. We love hearing that you've had such a great experience with our support team when needed!

Howard D.

Quality - Flexabibilty-Support

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

Pros

High quality guest management software, that provides me with flexible solutions, and provides me with great USA based customer support.

Cons

Some reports could be enhanced for my particular requirements.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Howard,

We really appreciate that you've taken the time to share your thoughts with us!

Our Support Team is happy to hear that you've had such a great experience when you've requested support. Please feel free to chat with a member of the team about your reporting needs to see if there is something we can do to provide you with the data you're looking for!

Thank you for placing your trust in ThinkReservations!

John F.

Outstanding Reservation Package

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Switched to Think last year after reviewing a number of reservation products. Think is the best!

Pros

ThinkReservations is easy to use. Great customer service and great attempts to keep the product fresh and up to date.

Cons

There are OTA related fees that I wish I didn't have to pay.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. You can count on our team to continue to enhance our software and service year over year!

Sandra J.

Great Company!

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

I have had nothing but positive experiences with ThinkReservations. Their customer service is easily available and they are always happy to help.

Pros

It helps me keep organized and saves a lot of time.

Cons

I'm still not sure how to set the minimum nights feature but they will do it for you if you can't figure it out.

Tammy H.

Game Changer for out Business Operations

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Exceptional customer service and f a forward thinking business.

Pros

Ease of use and transition from other booking engine.

Cons

Nothing I can recall. Any little thing that pops up they are proactive in addressing.

Thomas M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best of the three we have used

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

It is fully automated and requires very little of our time.

Cons

We have no complaints. It fully satisfies our needs.

Wendy H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Best Change We Ever Made!

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

I absolutely love the company, the software and the technology.

Pros

We switched to Think Reservations about 18 months ago and it's the best move we ever made! The software, the customer support, the technology, the knowledge.... I could go on and on.

Cons

That you have to go into each Rate Type individually to make changes

Jeannine C.

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

My overall experience has been excellent, beyond expectation

Pros

Integration of accounting and booking features, reporting

Cons

A few reports are a bit inadequate, but far superior still

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Jeannine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of ThinkReservations!

We're so happy to hear that your experience has been beyond your expectations. Our team works hard to ensure that every Thinker feels this way.

We appreciate you trusting us with such an important part of your business.

Loretta H.

Awesome Application!

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

A slight issue when setting up our rates. It was actually incorrectly configured originally by Think, but as I mentioned above I wanted multiple rates for a room and in my opinion maybe that should have been discouraged, as it creates multiple calendars. Of course, being challenged forced me to figure out and learn the software better and we couldn't be more pleased. Wished we had it 12 years ago when we first opened, but back then just having a website was a big deal :)

Pros

I spent a lot of time researching different Reservation software options before going with Think. Think offered us the functionality we wanted, but at an affordable price. I love the Reports the best, it makes both watching your stats and tax time a breeze! Of course the ease of making a reservation for potential guests and the look of the page matching my website plus the ability to act as channel manager with OTA's if desired were must have's and Think does very well.

Cons

We have a lot of repeat guests and although I'm sure it's for security reasons their credit card information is not retained. I also find last minute reservations receive too many emails because the system automatically sends the confirmation and reminders out. And lastly, it's too difficult managing multiple rates running simultaneously because of the different calendars.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Loretta,

It's great to hear how much you love the reports! We spent a lot of time researching how to make sure they provide what our customers need to be successful.

We have added the ability for you to choose to retain credit cards with an individual guest, so we'll definitely have a member of our team reach out to make sure you know how to use this feature!

We really appreciate that you trust ThinkReservations to play this important role in your business!

Sherwood H.

Great Management Company

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Its a great experience with Think Reservation! When ever we need a question answered or help with technical problem they are always just a phone call away! They also have a HELP button that really answers most all your questions. When ever you have a idea for the booking engine they take it in consideration!

Pros

Dear Think Reservation Team,
Not only are you a great management company! You also offer so much more! They are more then just a booking engine. They are always concern about making sure your business is running on all cylinders. We have been to a couple of B&B conferences and Think Reservation has attended. They have taught us more then just what they offer as a management company, from Learning about OTA and how they work for you and against you. Also making sure we understand the best ways to make our Bed and Breakfast successful .

Cons

Here at Bella we really don't have any CONS at this time::))

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Sherwood,

It means so much to us to hear that you've been able to attend some of our educational presentations and have learned above and beyond simply how to use ThinkReservations for your business. Our team is very passionate not just about our product, but our customers' experience and the industry as a whole.

Danielle H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

One of our best decisions was to switch to ThinkReservations!

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Our experience has been and still is very positive.

Pros

We had tried 3 other management systems and booking engines before signing up with ThinkReservations but we were never totally satisfied. The most important requirement we had was that it should be easy for our guests to book at our inn online. After we switched to ThinkReservations (4 years ago) our online reservations doubled and the sale of add-on packages tripled in two months.
The backend is easy to use and very intuitive. They are constantly improving and upgrading the system.

Cons

Nothing, really. Many of the small issues we encountered at the beginning were quickly resolved and ThinkReservations is continually improving their product.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Danielle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear that you saw such impactful results with both online reservations and upsell packages so quickly after upgrading. It's important to us that our users find the system intuitive and we will continue to enhance our software into the future to exceed the needs of our customers.

Patricia C.

People Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

This has been a great experience for all of us here at the Inn at Court Square. We were always so hesitant to hook on to online reservations, but in the overall, it has been a great experience. It has saved and cut corners for us in many ways from just having to hand write everything. Your Customer Service has been STELLAR . Always someone to help an answer questions and trouble shoot for us.

Thanks once again and will be happy to spread the word.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and very friendly.

Cons

The only objection I have is the NEW BILL, it seems to lack very important information needed. I have submitted my questions and hopefully, they will be corrected.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. We love to hear that your business has benefitted so much from making the upgrade and that you've had such a positive experience with our support team.

Regarding our new bill page, our team will be making updates shortly to reflect your feedback and we'll be in touch soon! In the meantime, our original bill page will continue to be available for use.

Eileen H.

great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

This is necessary in running our business

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Installation was easy and all my data could be exported from Rezovation into ThinkReservations

Cons

I need to call for support more often than I like

Kathryn S.

Easier Innkeeping

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Think has wonderful people behind the scenes, and they are open and accessible. They customized the platform to my requirements, and the booking experience is seamless. It melds imperceptibly with my wonderful Acorn website. My prospective guests intuitively understand how to navigate this platform, and I receive many less phone calls from people frustrated or confused by my ThinkReservations system. That spares me precious time! In addition, less people are giving up and choosing to book my place on the booking.com site, which saves me money!
Everyone I have dealt with has been patient, kind, and willing to hear me out. This has been such a relief and change from what I experienced during the first several years online.

Pros

Seamless interface with my existing website, ease of client use, and great, responsive support.

Cons

I do wish that there was a physical manual and a more structured, detailed, and in-depth training system in place.

Ed M.

ThinkReservations Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

I have been so pleased with TR, that I have referred at least five other Inns to them

Pros

Having all my bookings coordinated under one roof, I also love the ability to export my data base (6,000 guests) into Excel so my printer can address my yearly holiday cards.

Cons

The search function, it has improved and could be a bit better, I would like to be able to start with the first guest in my data base, make any corrections and then move on to the next guest on the list. That would really help in update the data base.

Response from ThinkReservations

Hi Ed,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear that your experience has lead you to refer ThinkReservations to other business owners - word-of-mouth is so important to our continued success!

We have noted your suggestions regarding our customer/guest search function and will be sure to let you know as enhancements are released.