Nowsta

Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

Christopher R.

We like NOWSTA

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

For the most part...it has been very good.

Pros

Ease of scheduling. Response time from my employees.

Cons

Does not cross integrate with TPP. I thought it did...but it does not seem to do this. MAybe I am doing it wrong. Secondly, the cost of the employee per month adds up quickly.

Cristina M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Nowsta has truly streamlined staffing our events. It's cut back on hours we spent on the front end and really helped our staff easily accept or decline shifts in an app. It was also a huge help to pay staff immediately versus waiting for our 2 week pay system via check. Staff seem to really love this option even with the fee.

Pros

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing through the app and the way we communicate with our crew. It's been a game changer for us.

Cons

We have been using Nowsta since it launched. The tech support has been wonderful at reviewing our feedback and making changes that really helped the app and our team use it. The software has had issues from time to time but it's always been resolved. The only downside on our end was setting up a direct bank debit weekly versus our original bi-weekly pay system.

Katie M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Nowsta allows for flexibility, easily accessible information, and great interfacing in my job

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Pros

As an events services worker, It’s incredibly important to me that I can clock in from anywhere, see who I’m working with on a given day (and get their contact info in case I need to call them with an emergency issue), and see all the basic information about my event in one place on my phone. Nowsta allows me to do all of this and more, quickly and easily. That’s what I enjoy most.

Cons

The only issues I‘ve had to date with Nowsta occurred after the overhaul last year when Nowsta Timeclock was also introduced. Since then, I find that the Nowsta app can be slow and laggy at times (especially when accepting or declining shift invites). Additionally, once clocked out for the day, if you don’t log out of Timeclock (instead of just swiping out of the app for the night) when you go in the next day your current shift to clock in to wont show up. Before Timeclock, I remember the clock in page refreshing for the day no matter if you had logged out and in. This is a bit of a hassle but doesn’t greatly deter from the ease and functionally of the rest of the app.

Brian H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great product makes my life easier

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Doing payroll used to take me anywhere from 1-6 hours depending on how busy we were and how many people were working. After we switched to Nowsta, I usually have payroll done in 30 minutes. We do schedules on a weekly basis and I used to have to do the schedule in Excel, then change it to a PDF and then email it to all the staff along with where they were meeting for events. It took me forever to do. With Nowsta, everything is right in the app and it cuts the time in half. Also, with people being able to punch in from their phones, there is no longer paper needed. All of the staff is very helpful and quick to get back to you if you reach out to them.

Pros

Nowsta cuts my scheduling time at least in half. It also takes me a quarter of the time to do payroll. Easier for employees to punch in and out.

Cons

Some issues with the app freezing. People with android have had issues using the app. There is no way for staff members to put in extended periods of time off in the app (vacatin or PTO or what not)

Evan W.

The Apple of Scheduling Platforms

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Wonderful team of staff - they always want to know feedback and will call action to issues swiftly. Nowsta is always updating with new features. I have used several staffing platforms over the years and Nowsta is by far my favorite.

Pros

Very fluid platform. Easily integrates with our other necessary systems that make staffing, scheduling, and back end work very seamless.

Cons

Loading time takes a bit sometimes. Nothing else.

Sam T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Switching to Nowsta was the best improvement we have made to our staffing department in years!

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

The biggest has been reduced labor because the software is so easy to use on both the admin and employee sides of things. We used to spend so much time fiddling with a product that was difficult for the employees, thereby making it difficult for admins. Hours were spent trying to figure out why they couldn't clock in/out, changing passwords, resetting accounts, an on and on. For this reason, everyone has jumped on board and really embraced Nowsta (and really loves it), which if you've every changed to a different software that you had been using for years, you know is a tall order. In addition to reduced labor, it has reduced our stress, which is hard to put a price tag on!

Pros

The user interface is very clean and easy to use. Our entire organization has rallied around the software and thoroughly enjoys using it not only to check their schedule and clock in/out, but also to communicate with their teammates, view pertinent information relating to their event, and the ability to rate staff (even us old folks born before the age of smartphones find it easy to use)! Clocking in/out is now a breeze, and the process of approving shifts for time & attendance has reduced our labor and errors tremendously. And perhaps most importantly, the customer support is extremely fast and responsive. If you ever have any question, they are certain to receive your message and get you an answer in a very timely manner!

Cons

There really aren't any cons to list here as things that we think could be improved are being addressed by their team! So, what we like least is that we didn't have it years ago!

Kristin J.

Everything in One Place

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

1) the willingness of the Nowsta team to help with anything you need and make the requested changes to create a more efficient user experience
2) the convenience of having everything in one place! So nice that we can do scheduling, labor projections, payroll, and communication all from one easy to use software.

Cons

1) the speed of refreshing the pages is slow sometimes, but nothing that is really bothersome.
2) it is a new software, so there are things about it that we don't like. While the Nowsta team is great about making the requested changes, they have what I can only imagine is a long list of requests that they are trying to accommodate. With that being said, some of our requests are not always met.

Erica N.

Works great for Catering companies

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

I don't know what we would do without Nowsta, we would have to hire a person just to schedule and manage staffing if we didn't have it!

Pros

This software helps us to schedule our various parts of our business from office work to front of house and kitchen staffing. It's easy to use and user friendly if you need to pull reporting or other information and it's easy for our staff to use and integrate into their schedules and lives.

Cons

People are asking if there is a way to turn off push notifications but I think those are good to have.

Sarah S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Updates

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Great company!

Pros

They are constantly improving and coming up with updates for the system. They reach out to let you know when they are doing so and give really detailed instructions with pictures to guide you through it. The changes are never so drastic that you feel like you have to learn things all over again. They are just intuitive improvements and easy to adapt to.

Cons

I would like to be able to manually confirm all the individual shifts in one event at a time. Right now I have to click on each time slot and do it separately but I only have about 7 shifts per day so it's not a big deal but would save me a little bit of time.

Katie M.

Great Customer Service and User Friendly Interface

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Great company, friendly staff, they've thought of so much to include in their app/user interface that it makes our life so much easier

Pros

The fact that I can use the app on my phone helps our company so much! There is so much valuable information that we communicate to our teams through Nowsta such as driving directions, what to expect at the event, what they need to know ahead of time, who is working with them on their shift, etc.

Cons

There aren't any improvements that I can think of!

Brittany B.

So easy!

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

In my specific role, it's very important that I know which of our team members are assigned a specific shift. With our previous software, I had to individually scroll through pages of information to find what I needed. With Nowsta, everything is clear and organized so I can get what I need quickly. With administrator access, it's also easy for me to find the contact information of those individuals if I need to call them with a quesion or follow up with them with good feedback. This saves so much time and frustration!

Pros

This software is well designed and incredibly easy to use. Since we switched to using Nowsta, there's a lot less confusion and it's much smoother when communicating with teams and getting across crucial information.

Cons

I personally have not had any negative experiences with the software quite yet.

Christine B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Nowsta seriously changed my business!!

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

The Nowsta team is extremely helpful with answer all questions and giving us updates on upgrades.

Pros

I like that I can easily slide the "workers" over to the selected shift, hit send and it is automatically sent to the worker via text. I also love that the software reminds workers of their upcoming events. This has put us at a 0 Percent no- show percentage!!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything at the moment.

Nathaniel N.

Finally a Solution

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Literally the most robust, easiest to use piece of software we have in our organization.

Pros

Most user friendly admin we have ever seen.
Ease of learning
Continued product development of new features benefitting both employers and employees
Zero database latency

Cons

We cant think of anything but wishing there were more users to allow them to scale and build all the new features faster.

Kelly S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Revolutionized the way we schedule

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

The ability to schedule and keep track of staff quickly and efficiently. The FOH staff love the ability to click accept or decline. It is wonderful that they have all of the details for the event at their fingertips before the events begins!

Cons

The lack of ability to customize the CSV (excel) reports. It would be nice if the FOH staff could decline an event after they have already accepted if there was an alert to management to approve and they must provide a reason. It would also be nice to keep track of when they do this.

Daniel C.

Nowsta review

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Pros

Being able to access my schedule on my phone. Changes to my schedule are reflected immediately. When meeting on site to be able to see the location on a Google map. Also I like the convenience of clocking in and out from phone.

Cons

The program is a little bit slow when navigating from one page to another especially when I'm doing it from my phone

David F.

We use it everyday

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

The staff now gets reminders of their shift and we love the fact we can duplicate events over days, weeks or years.

Pros

The scheduling feature that texts the employees about their shift is great as well as the start of their shift is based on how close they are to the location.

Cons

I wish they could build a platform where we would have an order form on our website and the information would flow directly into Nowsta, so we could bypass putting it in ourselves.

Jason A.

Nowsta has been a wonderful find!!

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

This has made scheduling our employees a lot more efficient. This time saved as we know is money will spent & made. With the report to assist in payroll, again saving time & money.
So if you like saving time and money , get on board with Nowsta.

Cons

It took me a minute to get accustom to the program. The adjustment that I needed for our business need took a little bit of time. I've always been on the now plan, so having to wait on IT to make it happen was hard to handle.

Greta C.

control the schedule!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

So awesome! Easy to communicate with the team, and often get immediate feedback.

I have confidence that the team is solid. I never hear "I thought you meant (a different day or time)" anymore.

Pros

The best thing about Nowsta is controlling and tracking all the data.
The next best thing is the ease of tracking, communicating with the team, and the reminders they get about shifts, and other details.

Cons

There are a couple little things - wish I could move someone around from the event page, from one start time to another, without shifting pages. But this is so small - I had to dig deep to find a con!

Stephanie K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Nowsta makes scheduling easier!

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Nowsta allows for our team to schedule events with ease! We are able to provide all of the necessary details of each event to the staff. Definitely a time saver!

Pros

It's easy to use and our staff finds it easy to use as well!

Cons

It's been so helpful, so nothing at this point.

Rosemary A.

Awesome format!

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

The overall ease of scheduling staff has allowed me to focus on some of my other duties as front of house. i can see all the availability of staff at once to schedule and switch staff to different events as needed.

Pros

This is user friendly to all staff that use this from updating the workers availability to scheduling staff for an event. Once someone declines an event, i can quickly choose someone else and get the slot filled.
The app if very helpful for all our servers to get maps to their events and have uploaded information pertaining to their specific event and instant communication of changes.

Cons

There currently isn't a way to make an event summary attached to the event to have has as reference on how the event went but i am told this is something they are working on.

Rey R.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

They have an awesome team, always a pleasure to speak with them

Pros

Most of my staff find it easy to use, my payroll team love the ease of exporting data and extracting useful and vital information.

Cons

So far all features work great. Would like to have the ability to bulk enter breaks.

Ashleigh S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Nowsta is a must for any business large or small!

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

The customer serivce goes above and beyond of what I was expecting, it is great to know that if we have any questions or issues support is right there is help us out and not waste any time.

Pros

I love how easy it was to get started and organize our events. We have been using our own scheduling/planning and this program allows us to get all of the information out to our employees prior to the event. Nowsta also helps schedule our employees to multiple future events quickly and shows us what events still need to be staffed. Highly recommend!!

Cons

The one thing I would like regarding the app is to be able to view the events on the calendar as an owner, instead, I need to add it to a shift first then I can view it on the app on my phone.

Erin B.

Nowsta has completely changed my event staffing process for the better!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

I save SO MUCH TIME by using this software.

Pros

Very user friendly - was able to pick up and use the software with minimal training. Also, implementing the software was super easy and my staff absolutely LOVES it!

Cons

There are lots of updates - which can be good and bad. The good thing, though, is that communication from the developers is good and the updates don't take too long.

Thomas Y.

Great Scheduling Application

Reviewed on 2020/11/07

Pros

The easy to use interface allows for me to understand exactly what events I’m working and to have a clear vision of the shift to come!

Cons

I wish I was able to view the full schedule through the app instead of having to log on through the internet to see a full list of who is working and other events going on that day.

Jessica N.

Great, easy functioning software

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Great

Pros

Very user friendly; the mobile app is very easy to navigate

Cons

Would be nice if when in an event and you click on the member working the event their contact info popped up? (Employees are also listed as "workers" and think the term employee sounds a bit nicer :)