GlossGenius Reviews

GlossGenius

The only smart, stylish booking app made to help you shine.

Barbette
Barbette
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The best booking system I have used in almost 10 years!

Reviewed on 2024/01/26

I have been extremely happy with Gloss Genius as I have used it for at least 6 years. The Gloss Genius community is wonderful and the support on their platform is amazing - especially for any of your customer service needs pertaining to the app. - as well as the follow up to make sure everything was answered to your satisfaction.

Pros

The analytics!!!! It is crucial that we know our numbers in this business!!

Cons

I would like to see a different background color for my "more seasoned" eyes and I would like to be able to "zoom in", but I guess my readers will do for now!!

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Barbette! Thank you so much for sharing your incredible 6-year journey with Gloss Genius! We're thrilled to be a part of your success story and to hear about the positive impact our analytics and expense icons have had on your business.

We truly appreciate your feedback about the background color and zoom features. Your suggestions are invaluable, and we're always looking for ways to enhance our platform. Rest assured, your thoughts are noted for future improvements.

It warms our hearts to know you find our community wonderful and our support team amazing. We're dedicated to providing top-notch service and ensuring your satisfaction with every aspect of the app.

Cheers to many more years of working smarter, not harder! If you ever have more ideas or feedback, we're here and ready to listen. Feel free to shoot us a message at [email protected] anytime. Thank you!

Josh

GlossGenius is Gold

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

This makes managing my schedule so much easier. It’s a simple interface that is easy to edit and update when needed. I love that I can set my availability and clients can book online. This hands off scheduling. capability is awesome. i love getting notifications that someone has booked online and it didn’t require me to do anything at that moment! It’s nice to have all my clients info gathered in one place. It’s also great that it’s with my calendar so that I can easily set appointments on my own or contact clients if I need to get ahold of them. This is a great setup for my salon as I’m sure it would be great for most salons and spas everywhere.

Pros

Cons

There isn’t result anything that I don’t like about this software. But if I had to say I liked something the least, it would be that I’d want to incorporate my own payment processor into the system so I could maybe shop around and get a better rate.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Josh! We are so happy you are enjoying the platform. We genuinely value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. Though I can't promise that this change will be available soonest, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from wonderful beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

zachery
  • Industry: Cosmetics

company who does not care what you have to say

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

the only things they care about is money...they only make new features or new things that only provide them wiht more money in their pocket.. they do not take your suggestions for impairments and new features unless they can make a lot of money with it.. if you want a company that will no longer just add features that simply help you out this is not the company for you.

Pros

I am so upset with company i am not even going to tell you all the things it can do lets skip right down what their failures in the con section

Cons

3 plus years using this app and they just don't care about you.. they say they do they say they listen they dont. I have friends who refuse to use this system because you cant control where people book appointments. unless you want move apts clients book all day and night long to a spot that best favors your schedule so you can maximize your day and profit. the person if you can reach them does not care she does not inform the people who do matter what you need the app to do.. I want to make it so thta clients can only book a all over color at 10am,12pm,2pm,4pm... why becuase my all over colors are are 2 hours long and i can get the most out of my this way.. instead pepole book at 1030.. now i have to move you to either 10 or 12... now i get a call of why did i do that i would rather have 1030... well if they di dnot even know that 1030 was an option then i would not even have this discussion. I can even explain to them how to do it.. I was one of the first 1 or 2 people to use them and spoke with developers on what features to add and they did within one day or two... now after 3 years of telling who ever this is that responds to message... the feature is still not done...

Boulevard, Genbook and FlexBooker

i used them for the past 3 years.. options where limited.. and now they are not
Kayla

Running my business like a Genius with Gloss Genius

Reviewed on 2024/01/29

Exceptional, my clients love it for booking and so do I for running my business

Exceptional, my clients love it for booking and so do I for running my business

Pros

Honestly everything ! I love I can keep track of all my expenses, I love how easily my clients are able to book without any hassle, they all love the gorgeous design, and I’m able to take deposits! It’s perfect

Cons

I don’t like that the descriptions for services don’t show unless you click it

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Kayla! We're glad to hear you're loving GlossGenius, especially the expense tracking, seamless client bookings, ability to take deposits, and the gorgeous design. We hear you on the service descriptions, and your feedback is incredibly valuable. Currently, you have the flexibility to showcase your services either visually or in a list format. Opting for the list format ensures that your clients can view the service description right away. Rest assured, we'll be sharing your thoughts with our product design team for consideration. If you ever have more ideas or questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]. We're here to make your experience even more exceptional. Thanks a bunch for your amazing support!

Malary
  • Industry: Hospitality

Gloss is the BEST out there!

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

I’ve been using this app for two years and don’t know how I ever got along without it. It has streamlined my business and makes booking and checking out clients so easy! It also helps me with the analytics of my business which is a game changer! I love Gloss and wish I had started it sooner!

Pros

I love Gloss for so many reasons, but mostly because it has changed my whole business for the better! I love the organization and the smooth booking process from start to finish!

Cons

Everything is amazing! Nothing really to complain about

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing GlossGenius

My other checkout software was useless compared to this one, I always had outrageous random fees, and it was not worth anything.

SpotOn

Reasons for Switching to GlossGenius

This is more streamlined to the beauty industry and had more features I can use.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Malary!

We're so happy that GlossGenius was able to change your business for the better!

We also love to hear that our analytics are doing their job!

Excited to hear about more of your success in the future!

Jen

Look no further

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

Over all it has been absolutely amazing. The transition was super easy and customer support helped with anything I needed.
I love that every main function a business could need is included in the price.

Pros

SMS reminders included, next day payout, customizable website, multimember calendar, confirmation texts for clients, absolutely the best customer support, amazing pos system

Cons

Would love a waiting list and if the calendar would stay open for all employees. Slight hassle to remember to check everyone’s calendar when it’s defaulted to whoever is logged on.
Deposits would definitely be a great thing to have. Also, when booking clients during the same time, some times one of the appointments gets hidden behind another one.

Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing GlossGenius

(Price) I was being charged for every little thing such as texting clients reminders or appointment confirmation. (Unreliable) the system would not always text clients even if I paid extra for texts The system would some times crash and delete appointments Getting payments took almost a week to actually deposit into my account Customer support was mediocre to say the least.

Booksy

Reasons for Switching to GlossGenius

Clients loved the ease of Glossgenius. They didn’t have to download anything

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Jen! Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your feedback with us. You can reach out to our support team at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to share with you a few ways other professionals have accomplished this. Thank you again for your feedback! :)

Kendall
  • Industry: Cosmetics

GlossGenius is the best assistant!

Reviewed on 2022/02/18

GG is my favorite tool for my business!

GG is my favorite tool for my business!

Pros

GG fully automates my business in an easy to access way, so I have time for myself and my clients still feel connected & fully supported. The features are customizable and simple to use. The company continues to update and grow based on real customer feedback. Plus my clients are continually complimenting my system!

Cons

GG is always updating and improving. Adjusting the gift card feature to be customizable would be helpful!

Vagaro, Square Point of Sale and Clover

Reasons for Switching to GlossGenius

As a beauty professional the website’s visual aesthetic is important to me to provide a memorable and easy guest experience. GG’s focusing in on the beauty industry makes me feel supported, and their commitment to growth and simplicity has kept me with them for 3 years.

Response from GlossGenius

Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform and having more time for yourself! We value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. While I can't promise that this update will be available in the immediate future, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from awesome beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Chelsea
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Its good but could be great with some adjustments

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

Overall experience is a little frustrating. Im missing the functionality of the previous scheduling add but I love the look and customer notifications of gloss genius. Not sure if that will be enough to keep me.

Pros

I love the professional look of the site and different tabs that gives the experience as if you had your own website!

Cons

Functionality could be much better. There are a lot of useful features that are missing from this app that would benefit both the clients and service providers. ex: customers cannot reschedule on their own. - card reader processing errors-checkout shows incorrect info when trying to send receipts-modifying appointments reverts back to original when its on checkout screen. -gift card does not have the option to create an amount. -appointments that are canceled with a deposit only have the option to mark as no shows. a lot of places have non refundable deposits. - add on services are not in a sub location so customers can book an add on as their service so you have to double check appointments. -support phone no one is available to take calls and texts are very slow sometimes I don't get a response at all.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi, Chelsea! Thank you so much for your review - We are so delighted to hear that you're loving the platform! We are always seeking new ways to upgrade the GlossGenius experience so we appreciate you sharing them with us!

You can reach out to our support team at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss this with you and help you with any challenges you have with the app.

Adrienne

Best Booking Site Ever!!

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

I have tried other services and this one takes the cake! All-inclusive, User Friendly, Timesaving--need I say more!?

Pros

I love being able to check my analytics which update daily. My website is super user friendly, the reminder/confirmation texts and emails are time saving! I can see whether my client has confirmed or not so I am able to follow-up easily! The follow-up emails are amazing, they have a personal touch that I didn't even realize was happening at first, but my clients let me know how personal it felt to them.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't love! Seriously!

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Adrienne! Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're loving the platform! Our professionals' feedback such as yourself inspires us to strive more so we can give the best :) We appreciate you!

Brenda

Good booking system

Reviewed on 2023/12/21

Good the experience was good and i liked how you can customize it.

Good the experience was good and i liked how you can customize it.

Pros

I liked how you can add products and services to your page and its easy for the customers to book

Cons

I didn't like how you only could reserve with a card but you should have multiple options

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Brenda! Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our platform! We're thrilled to hear that you find adding products and services easy for both you and your clients.

We understand that booking requirements can vary, and we want to provide options that work best for you. You can choose whether to require a card or not from your clients, as well as require custom deposit amounts per service. We also have the ability to customize further by only requiring these options for new clients, while allowing your returning clients to book without adding a payment method on file.

We'd love to learn more about the specific options you're looking for. Could you please send us a message at [email protected]? Looking forward to hearing from you and ensuring GlossGenius meets all your needs!

Tatum

Great, but needs work.

Reviewed on 2022/03/01

It’s been fine. Wouldn’t use again but for what it does offer, it’s great. Just lacking in so many areas that it doesn’t fit mine or a lot of the beauty industry needs. Which is a bummer being that it’s made for the beauty industry.

Pros

Pretty user friendly, good price, some decent features you can’t find elsewhere.

Cons

No option for selling packages. Have to enter them as retail but that messes with taxes come tax time. Could enter as a service but either way there’s no keep track of them and have to do it manually in notes.

Very little options for editing messages that go out to clients. It automatically tells them to call to cancel/ reschedule. Some business don’t take calls and are online only. I’ve had to hire someone specifically to direct people to website to book/cancel/ reschedule.

Option to reschedule can only be don’t after cancelling. Too many clients reaching out asking how to reschedule. Again I am paying someone to explain to them that they need to cancel first, and then reschedule. Some don’t want to cancel in the event the new time is not available. So they have to book new appt then remember to go back and cancel. Sometimes they don’t do so and I end up with a spot that could have been booked. I need to charge them for it but feel like I shouldn’t because honestly rescheduling and cancelling should be totally separate features.

It is a great service but unfortunately lacks a ton of key features that would be extremely useful and make things easier for business owners. Super bummed but hoping I can find a service that can cater to beauty services more efficiently.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Tatum!

Thank you so much for your review- we sincerely appreciate your insight and feedback here! You can reach out to our support team at [email protected] and we would love the opportunity to discuss further. We appreciate you.

Savanna

Why you need Gloss Genius in the beauty industry

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

the only thing I’m not satisfied with on gloss is a card on file for my clients, they need to put a card on with sufficient funds. Because if not I can’t charge a no show fee and that doesn’t protect me. And the tip screen is too small.

Pros

Gloss has so many great things about it, when I wanted to give it a shot I appreciated that they offer a free trial! It’s customizable to help reflect who you are and what your business is about. It’s very user friendly for clients and for the user! One of my fave things is the confirmation notifications clients get!

Cons

More customization is all I would ask to be different

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Savanna! Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform! Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss any input that you have for us :) We do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from awesome beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Anne

GlossGenius is a breeze

Reviewed on 2022/08/23

Overall the experience has been great!

Overall the experience has been great!

Pros

I love that this company is positivity focused and sends inspirational quotes every time I book someone in person. Learning how to use it has been very simple.

Cons

I wish I could customize how it looks. While the black background is very stylish, many of my clients over 50 have a hard time reading the screen. I also wish GG had a cancellation list feature.

StyleSeat

Reasons for Choosing GlossGenius

Booksy is garbage. They bought a very user-friendly software company and destroyed all the effective parts. They gave my entire client list to a competing salon for email marketing and their only response was a legal email saying they bore no responsibility. Never responded to my reply email.

Booksy

Reasons for Switching to GlossGenius

Price, user interface, is for clients to book

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Anne! Thank you for the great review, we are so pleased you love GlossGenius. We are working on getting you all the features you need to prosper as a professional.

LaKeisha

Love this booking system

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

I LOVE Gloss Genius. There are a few drawbacks but I still LOVE the system and have recommended it to other businesses.

Pros

I love the ease of use for my clients. I also love the reports and analysis that I can run to help inform my marketing strategy and what things I can change.

Cons

I wish I could make edits on a computer and not just on my phone. It would be so much easier. Additionally I don't like that I can't add additional locations. I'm now working from two locations and am faced with paying for another Gloss genius account or switch completely to a system that allows multi-location functions.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi LaKeisha! We love having you as a customer and supporting your business. We genuinely value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. Though I can't promise that this change will be available soonest, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from wonderful beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

sanu
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Empowering Beauty Professionals.

Reviewed on 2023/02/04

GlossGenius is a highly functional and user-friendly scheduling software that offers a range of useful features for beauty professionals, but it may not be suitable for everyone due to its limited integrations and dependence on an internet connection.

Pros

User-friendly interface: GlossGenius has been designed with ease of use in mind, making it simple for beauty professionals to manage their bookings, appointments, and clients.Automated scheduling: The software automates the scheduling process, allowing users to quickly and easily book appointments, reducing the time and effort required to manage their business.

Cons

Limited integrations: Some users may find the limited number of integrations with other tools to be a drawback.Dependence on internet: As GlossGenius is a cloud-based software, it requires an internet connection to access and use, which may not be ideal for some users.Pricing: Some users may find the pricing of GlossGenius to be on the higher side compared to other scheduling software available in the market.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Sanu! We genuinely value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. Please let us know if there's anything we can do further to support you and your business. We are always looking to expand our integrations and may even have some already that you are looking for. You can contact our amazing customer support team at [email protected] to learn more. I can promise our price is one of the lowest in the industry since we include all our features at no extra cost. We love having you as a customer and supporting your business :)

Fiorella
  • Industry: Consumer Services

My business wouldn’t be the same without it

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

I have been rubbing my business smoothly And effectively with it. My clients LOVE using it and there’s nothing better than those to serve being the ones who ENJOY the experience from booking to checking them out after a service has been completed!

Pros

The ease of use! Also the community that comes with it! If we as hairstylist’s make a suggestion they listen and implement the suggestion!

Cons

Nothing! There’s literally nothing i have complaints about!

Candice
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The best and only software you’ll ever need.

Reviewed on 2022/02/15

Pros

The community of support I’ve received. I’ve never felt alone as a solo entrepreneur.

Cons

Nothing!! The GlossGenius team works hard to make sure that what the users want, the users get. It makes running my business so easy.

Response from GlossGenius

Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform and loving the community! Please do not hesitate to shoot us a note at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Ameryssa

Time saving!

Reviewed on 2022/03/15

Best customer service and very aesthetically pleasing!

Best customer service and very aesthetically pleasing!

Pros

Time is money and this software has saved me SO much time! It’s like having an assistant who will schedule clients, remind me of my appointments, notes, and more! I love everything about this software!

Cons

I would love the ability to add photos to the notes.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Ameryssa!
Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're loving the platform! We genuinely value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. Though I can't promise that this change will be available soonest, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from wonderful beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Britt

I love gloss

It’s been wonderful and has made me more interested in caring for my buisness

It’s been wonderful and has made me more interested in caring for my buisness

Pros

gloss has made my life as a independent booth renter so much easier it helps run my biz smoothly

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is that on gift cards I can’t do specials

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Britt! Thank you so much for your review- we absolutely value your feedback! You can reach out to our support team at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss this with you. Thank you for your feedback.

Aj

Consider GG for your POS

Reviewed on 2022/07/09

Pros

GG is easy to use and gives you the freedom to customize the app to your liking. This app also has a wait list feature which is very helpful.

Cons

No option regarding intake forms. Would like the option to have clients fill out an intake form when booking a reservation. That way, clients have to sign and agree to the terms before they book their reservation.

Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to GlossGenius

The ease of app and customization

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Aj! I truly appreciate your review and for sharing your feedback with us. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to share with you a few ways other professionals have accomplished this. Thank you again for your feedback! :)

Heidy

Great Software, brilliant marketing

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

I love it so far.

I love it so far.

Pros

I love love love how easy it is to use. Plus how easy it is to send emails and texts to your clients. I love that there is a pop up to rebook clients at the end of the service. No software is perfect and I think fhere are some features that could be added (like more than one employee or location and maybe website integration) but for the solo practioner it is amazing. Might be my favorite I have used so far b. Have to give it a little more time though. The customer service is top notch!!!!!! And I love that they send links for reviews after service and it is sooooo easy to share them for social media. And it is cute! No other booking companies have better looks. User friendliness is 5 stars

Cons

Can't add more than one location/provider. Would like packages option

Katherine

Any Good Feature is Cancelled by Complete Lack of Support

Reviewed on 2023/04/04

Awful. 0/10. Would not recommend to my worse enemy. As a small business owner, it is extremely important to be able to access customer support with the booking/POS software chosen. If a business cannot run for DAYS due to GlossGenius, do they really support small businesses? I’m embarrassed to have used this software and am looking for alternatives now.

Pros

I like that is is reasonably priced for the features you get. I guess the whole, “you get what you pay for” applies here because the cheap price does not make up for the fact that they do not support you at all when trying to run a small business.

Cons

The non-existent customer support. I expect to be able to reach a human when I call so that I can resolve my issues quickly and get back to running my business. GlossGenius does not allow you to speak to anyone live — you have to leave a voicemail for a callback. I have been waiting for days for a response from them and in the meantime my small business suffers.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi, Katherine! I appreciate your feedback and I'm so sorry about the experience you had with us! We strive to get back to any concerns or inquiries of our members as possible as we can. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you still need help. We genuinely value hearing from you!

LaToya

Best Booking App Ever

Exceptional

Exceptional

Pros

I love the ease of booking. It's so easy for my clients. They love the app just as much as I do.

Cons

There's some things that could be added to make it better.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi LaToya! Thank you so much for your review and for loving the ease to use the app! :) You can reach out to our support team at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss any input that you have for us :)

Julicya

Make the switch

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

Pros

I really love how it sends out client consent forms !my fave ! I like how i can customize it to my liking ! All my clients love the reminders they get ! It makes it so much easier for me instead of texting everyone and i love how it sends me my client notes before their appointments

Cons

It sends me my client notes sometimes too late

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Julicya! Thank you so much for your review- we genuinely value your input! You can reach out to our support team at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss this with you. We appreciate your feedback! :)

Michelle

Why we love gloss.

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

We have had no issues with this system. All our clients also say how easy to book on line.

Pros

Can I say anything better than amazing?!? Honestly the best system for salons. They never miss a text I get notified for every appointment. Reports are so easy to read. Scheduling has been easy as well.

Cons

Honestly I don’t not like anything about gloss. We have had zero issues with this system three months in.

Response from GlossGenius

Hello, Michelle! Thank you so much for your review - We are so delighted to hear that you're loving the platform! Our professionals' feedback such as yourself inspires us to go far and beyond :) We appreciate you!

If you need help or you have questions for us, you can reach out to our support team at [email protected] anytime! :)