4,7
4,8
4,8
Steven S.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Excellent, well featured and easy to use platform, great value...

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

I have been really pleased that I made the purchase. The company has been responsive in helping me to get the platform up and running and any queries or concerns were addressed quickly. I looked at a number of other platforms before making the decision to go ahead and felt that I was going to pay a lot of money for features that I just didn't need. It is well used and I find that people in the company engage with it independently due to its simplicity which means less support time or training from me. I could not run my mentoring programme without it and it is essential to me to keep it alive and going across all our offices in the UK.

Pros

The platform offers a good range of features that doesn't overload the user and makes training and deployment easy and intuitive. The platform was sold and deployed as a site licence rather than on a per-user cost basis which gave me the flexibility to purchase the platform and not have to worry about additional licence costs - which is really helpful when managing my budget especially as I was unsure of take-up in the first year. The deployment process was positive and the ability to customise and brand the platform was important to me. This was done smoothly with good communication with the account manager and technical team which made my life easy. I was able to customise almost all areas of the platform including the mentor matching algorithm to adapt it to our career path structure. I have been using the platform for 12 months and have had no issues of downtime at all so far. A useful set of in-built tools such as messaging, SMART goals, SWOT etc. with you can work on with the mentee. Staff really seem to have engaged with it with minimal support needed which was what I was looking for.

Cons

I would like to see a more featured admin backend that would allow me to amend certain aspects of the site myself such as the drop-down fields for the profiles or more customisable surveys. If I want to make any changes I can always put a call in, and they have always been implemented really quickly. It would just be nice to have some more independent control without having to contact the company. The is no specific phone app if that is important to you, but not sure it is needed personally...the site adapts and works well for me via a phone browser.

Lyndsey T.
Industry: Legal Services

Fantastic Platform and Fabulous Customer Service Every time

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

We can't thank PLD for the provision of this platform which has reduced my admin time by almost half allowing me to focus on developing my mentoring scheme and increasing engagement with my service users. The platform has also allowed us to increase our mentee and mentor numbers to a level which would have been unmanageable for me but which means our members have more mentors to choose from.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are a pleasure to work with and their customer service is second to none!

Pros

We had a seamless transition from a paper based matching system have increased our engagement with our members due to the ease of use of the platform. I love the dashboard where you can see at a glance what your numbers are like and how engagement is going and the reports and analysis function is super helpful

Cons

I can't say there is anything I like least. We have identified a few slight technical hitches along the way but these have always been resolved extremely quickly and to our satisfaction and similarly if there have been any additional requirements from us, these have always been actioned swiftly by PLD

Sabrina T.

CII Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Usability - the platform is not complicated to use

Cons

Would be great if there was an app version, maybe one that could also be used for chat/texting purposes and scheduling so we can log usage. At the moment it's mostly offline and there's no real way to check how much or how often members use the platform

Response from Perform Learn Develop

The platform does have both meeting scheduling and tracking and an admin function that tracks user visits over time. I will be in touch to provide more support on these areas. We have looked at an app version but the platform has been designed for use over a wide range of devices without the need for a separate app. We do monitor engagement at the key stages of the relationship to provide useful metrics to administrators. Although we provide messaging, our extensive experience suggests that the majority of users prefer to use messaging / chat systems that they are already familiar with such as email, sms, video-conferencing, WhatsApp etc. We will be in touch to book in a chat to see if there are some key metrics missing we can collect for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Matt G.
Industry: Insurance

Quick and easy set up, great quality product, great service

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

The whole process from tender to launch took a lot less time than expected, with more time that could have been shaved off from our own side. The platform and its capabilities were laid out in an easy to follow induction process.

The support team and account manager have been responsive and amenable, as well as providing guidance and tips for our own promotions and launch.

Pros

- It is incredibly easy to use
- There is generic content you can use which saves a lot of time writing content.
- The team at PLD were extremely helpful throughout, from tender to launch
- The platform is intuitive, and works well, with a good amount of uptake at launch
- Pricing is inexpensive for the tool and service
- Overall it is clean, easy, a strong platform and with a good team behind it.

Cons

- Lack of administration tools meaning you have to contact PLD for certain changes
- Restricted page layouts

I suspect the team is working on having more flexibility to the platform.

Nick M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

FMLM Mentoring Platform - PLD

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

From use by both members and staff through to support from PLD, the mentoring platform has been a been a success for FMLM. We are currently promoting and increasing the usage of the platform not just for our members but organisations we have close relationships with.

Pros

FMLM members find the PLD platform very easy to access and use. From signing up to developing a relationship, both mentees and mentors report the process is clear and helpful and a welcome assistance in their career journey.

The platform is a great benefit/resource in becoming a member of FMLM. From an administration viewpoint it provides an excellent reporting element for our management team, and very simple to control and monitor.

Cons

No 'Cons' to report. As our membership grows we are reassured the platform has the capability to hold many additional mentees/mentors.

Jessica K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Such a great Platform

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Mentoring was something we were working on rolling out here at IoMCoC way before the Pandemic. When Covid-19 hit the island and we went into lock down the process was accelerated rapidly in a bid to try and help as many local business as we could - Chamber member or not!

The platform has worked fantastically for us and is very simple to use and easy to navigate. The back office admin is really insightful, you can run reports and export data to excel. I also love that mentees can ask one off quick questions and don't always have to enter into a full on mentoring relationship.

PLD are great at sending over articles related to mentoring that you can use to promote the platform as well as keep existing users engaged.

I also really like that PLD send out reminders to users that still need to engage with either mentees or mentors - as you can imagine it would be a nightmare to try an keep on top of this yourself.

All in all the platform has been perfect for us and PLD have been incredibly helpful and quick to respond to any questions or queries.

Insightful back office
Great customer support

Cons

I would like more customisation options but still very goo

John F.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Outstanding service

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/23

For me the best thing has been the relationship with PLD. Their client service is excellent and their willingness to help solve problems in an innovative way has been the basis for an excellent working relationship. Market leading tech firms are ok if you’re a huge organisation but in my experience, unless you‘re one of the big multinational institutions, you get a lower tier level of service. That has NOT been the case with PLD and whilst it was tempting to go with a better known or longer established provider, we absolutely made the right choice going with PLD.

Pros

The platform was very easy to implement, is simple, intuitive and gained excellent traction in the business as soon as it was launch.

Cons

The platform has limited functionality but I think that is a good thing. We didn’t want mentoring to be about learning how to use a new system. We just wanted something that facilitated connections and gave us useful MI and admin functions to manage the programme. It does all these things very well.

Agnieszka W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Mentoring platform for widening participation programme

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/08/18

The platform has helped us mentor young people from local schools who are considering a career within the health sector. It links young people to professionals from different backgrounds and help them make more informed choices about their future career. The feedback from both students and mentors have been great so far.

Pros

I really like the fact that we were able to develop a bespoke platform that meets the project needs. Very easy development and implementation stage with lots of support from the development team from start to finish. Great customer service; always willing to cater for individual needs, professional and speedy response rate. The platform is very user friendly and the reporting functionality is also helpful.

Cons

Nothing I can think off. Great product.

Jordan M.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Good platform, would recommend

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Pros

The platform is easy to use and any issues or support I have are answered very quickly from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

It would be handy if we could link the platform to our own membership system and this would avoid confusion from members who need to separate login details

Response from Perform Learn Develop

Thanks for the review. The platform can be linked to your membership system platform, I will be in touch to give you more details.

Siân K.
Industry: Environmental Services

Easy to deploy and easy to manage

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Positive experience with PLD, positively and highly used benefit for our members.

Pros

Easy to use system - very intuitive and easy to manage as an administrator.

Cons

Most conversations are taken away from the platform to emails, Skype etc. one a mentoring relationship begins.

Nargis C.
Industry: Education Management

Customer service and

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Customer service is excellent - I always get the most friendly, helpful and quick response to any questions. Any minor glitches following the initial set up were fixed promptly.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and integrated with our CRM enabling single sign on. The dashboard and the reporting options to monitor registrations from the admin point of view are great to have.

Cons

Email notifications from the platform to the users sometimes get filtered out by spam filters.

James B.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

CIAT

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Straightforward, cost effective and efficient return on investment.

Pros

It is a flexible platform, which was set up and straight forward to roll out. For those that use it, the feedback has been only positive.

Cons

Lack of buy in, but that is not anything to do with PLD

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Louise J.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

PLD

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

very easy and user friendly
easy to navigate as administration

Pros

ease of use
navigation
Supporting information and video

Cons

currently there are no cons with the software