Lucidspark

4,7 (348)
Virtual whiteboard solution for team collaboration

Rich
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Using Lucidspark for collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

Breaking down large features to put into ADS, Lucidspark allows my team to add their comments or notes to stories, add parking lot issues and really complete the breakdown process so it is easy to move to ADS and plan the work.

Pros

Easy to use and all of the tools you need are on the board. People can collaborate in real time; it's as easy as using a whiteboard in a physical room.

Cons

Do not have one yet as I continue to use the software.

Raaj
  • Industry: Design

Perfect tool for the (time-sensitive) job

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

I was working of the early stages of a fast paced project which involved multiple stakeholders over several sites and a changing brief. It was perfect for creating a data flow diagram, an organisational structure and creating project-specific documents for client discussion and approval.
I found the software to be very easy to use. I was up, running and familiar with all it's features within 3-4 minutes. Creating the initial document took less than 15 minutes and was ready to share electronically.
Compared to the alternative software available to hand, it was fast, user-friendly and intuitive.
Considering it was the first time I had used it and that it was browser-based, I was impressed.

Pros

The fact that it is so quick and easy to use. That it is user-friendly enough with features such as snapping to shapes and arrows staying attached to the shapes is helpful.
Quickly saving out as PDFs and sharing with colleagues and clients is brilliant.
There are enough templates to find what I was looking for.
It's quicker than setting something up with Illustrator or MS word, powerpoint etc.
1Gb storage is helpful.

Cons

Because I've only scratched the surface with its use, I haven't had the opportunity to really push it's functionality enough to comment on this area yet. I would probably say theft that it's browser based because it would be great to have it as an app on my computer. I'm not often likely to use other computers and having yet another browser window open is a bit of a pain.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

The cost per month was low enough for me to try it for what I needed and there was a free trial period. It looked easy enough to use and seemed to be designed for creating flowcharts and the like.
Dana
  • Used for 1-5 months

New User Feedback

Reviewed on 2021/07/05

Pros

I like the layout out the templates to choose from.

Cons

Very touchy to use. Editing is not easily understood. Would value simplified how-to resources for using templates and creating your own. This would provide better new user experience provided this helpful info upfront.

Cameron
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Lucidpark Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

I love the product, have been using it for many years

Pros

The ease and effortless way to create workflow diagrams and architecture diagrams

Cons

I love the product and it is easy and simple to use.

Microsoft Visual Studio

Microsoft Visual Studio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Was too slow and the thick client is very bulky and not easy to use.
Pavel

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

it is ok

Pros

Easy to use. Integration with Salesforce. Ability to share diagrams. Cloud storage. Ability to copy paste diagrams to office 365 as pictures

Cons

It is really hard to say. I think Integration with MS Teams

Eugene
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Incredibly Versatile Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Amazing

Pros

The UX/UI design features along with with the web design process flow templates and beta testing flowcharts served my business well. It cut down design times, and gave my team a solid foundation to design and develop our implementation strategies!

Cons

An image library would be a great addition to the software.

Canva and InVision App

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

It had better business related templates relevant to my business
Brandon

Simple, Fun and Clean

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Sharing notes and problem solving/brain storming with a dispersed team.

Pros

Clean and simple User interface, great tool for collaboration or just personal brainstorming. Very helpful as the team is all remote now and they need to see things. Templates make me look like a rock star.

Cons

Comments being a paid feature is limiting but I get it. I'd like more people in the company to embrace visual communications so we could better justify the cost.

Rahul

Great collaborative tool

Reviewed on 2021/10/04

Great tool for whiteboarding and drawing process flows. Easier to use compare to the other products in the market

Pros

Ease of use and embedded icons and logos

Cons

It is difficult to select and move a group of objects

Meg
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Fun, easy and effective to use for summarizing process and brainstorming

Reviewed on 2021/06/08

Pros

Really great tool to use for highlighting milestones and brainstorming in virtual meeting with large group. Had good feedback from the group that it was cool but also helped them see the big picture of process and steps we'd accomplished easily, etc.

Cons

I was limited by trial use only but found it a bit cumbersome to share and have other contribute - would have liked to have other contributors not have to login and register to work on a brainstorm -- just be able to add or move parts on the fly as needed in impromptu meeting.

Workato

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Came across Lucidspark first and fit the need enough for us at this time.
Flavio

Lucid is saving work time

Reviewed on 2021/06/01

Pros

Lucid save time and it is very effective to update topologies when we have a lot of people working at the same design.

Cons

Until now the software is very useful for our activities

Todd
  • Industry: Media Production

Extra without much benefit

Reviewed on 2021/05/24

My experience was limited since many applications I had already been conducing with the LucidChart product which is already shared amongst others in the organization.

Pros

As a simple tool to layout ideas LS works well. It's simple and does simple things well.

Cons

While it does work well for what it does and remains simple, these seem more like features that should exist natively within the LucidChart product.

MacKenzie
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great, friendly, easy to use tool!

Reviewed on 2021/05/24

My experience has been pretty positive. I haven't needed much support but when I do they are responsive. The system allows for some room to be creative and I like that I'm given that space to do that.

Pros

I really enjoy how Lucidspark is able to provide me with a way to visualize what we are working on. Whether in my previous role as a product manager or now as I process engineer my team at Mayo. I love how simple it is to make a simple or complex diagram to define, focus or clarify areas of our department that we are responsible for. My team can clearly see what's in front of them and better understand the project or process we are looking at.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have anything that I least like. I enjoy how you can use a template or start from scratch and create whatever you need. It's pretty flexible once you get the hang of it.

Sonakshi

Lucid User

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Great!

Pros

User friendly, easy to use and less complex

Cons

The shapes and design to follow a template for visibility always

Colin
  • Industry: Printing

Great software to manager complete workflow!

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Super useful for all production planning and invoicing. It ensures we do not miss anything.

Pros

Lucidspark is super easy to implement for all members of the team. Easy drag and drop placement of items and jobs and easy colour coding and brainstorming. Sharing with colleges is a breeze as well:)

Cons

Automatically change the copy and paste of a text to the font that is already being used in the box.

Mike
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Lucid Makes Organization Planning Easy

Reviewed on 2021/09/27

It's overall been very helpful.

Pros

I love how easy it is to make organizational charts and how that informs decisions.

Cons

While overall intuitive, it does take some time to figure out how to use. I wish that it would rollup other data like EBITDA, sales volume, etc. under each leader. For example, if a field says number of employees at a location, I would like to indicate that this field rolls up and have the total number of employees under a leader show in that leaders box.

Nick
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The tool you need.

Reviewed on 2021/05/24

We use It often in meetings, to make fast and accurate changes to layouts, very understandable and visual for everyone. The meetings are quicker and deliverables are released directly after the meetings.

Pros

It is a multi functional tool that I and my organization use for mostly everything., like set up an organogram, draw layouts, etc.

Cons

you need to put some time into it to understand, not every employee is a quick learner.

Amit

Nice Product

Reviewed on 2021/10/19

Nice

Pros

Easy to Use
Lot of feature to resolve my issue.

Cons

I don't find any issue with product.
Recomond to my manager to use on organisation level.

Alexander
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Flexible Easy to use Collaborative Tool

Reviewed on 2022/09/24

Pros

For the first time in my life, I was able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, all thanks to Lucid Spark. The drawing tools are impressively advanced, and the workspace is vey well organized

Cons

As far as I have been using it, I don't recall ever having any problems with Lucidspark.

Rachelle

Turning a vision into a reality

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Lucid charts provide expert support, allowing me to focus on my expertise. I have 25 years in the digital industry and lucid charts is and will always be my go-to for bringing projects to life which keeps the revenue streams growing for me and my clients. For me, Lucid charts service and capabilities cannot be beaten. It is worth giving it a try.

Pros

the abilty to use the objects drag and drop feature and to be able to add text or edit as needed, made it possible to create a flow chart that was balanced for technical and non technial users.

Cons

To be honest, at this time, I would not change anything about the platform, it provided me with everything I needed and it did not require tutorials or the time that other platforms require to even get started.

Carolina
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Lucidchart Use

Reviewed on 2021/05/24

Pros

There are many options to use and is easy to find info through Help or inner browser

Cons

Maybe at the begining of the flowchart creation should have all the templates to begin to use it

Rob

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

My overall experience is a great one, I could not be happier, my bosses are too!!! I now have the ability to lay out cabinets and design networks on paper first to make sure it all makes sense before implementing. I would highly recommend this to anyone in any field to use this software, the possibilities are endless...

Pros

This software is amazing, I have seen ads for this and spoke to other people that use this software, They all said it is the best one to use in our field. I was skeptical at first, wasn't really sure that LucidChart would meet my needs, I started out with the free trial, Being a Network Engineer, I need the ability to map out room, cabinets, and networks, to use them as a reference to look back on. The software is very easy to use, pretty much point and click. There are so many options you can choose from. I have only used a few of them, I am looking forward to using more.

Cons

Would be nice to have more tutorials, more of how to's. I did struggle at first but after using it more I got more comfortable.

MARK
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

NEW USER

Reviewed on 2021/06/21

Pros

VERY ADAPTABLE AND EXPANDABLE. CAN MAKE REALLY BIG CHARTS

Cons

CONFUSING TO COPY/PASTE ORG CHART BRANCHES FROM ONE CHART TO ANOTHER

Ashley
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The bomb when it comes digitally creating diagrams

Reviewed on 2021/09/23

Super, smashing great.

Pros

Easy to adopt great sharing functionality.

Cons

Integration with other apps and export to other formats.

Aryan
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Lucidspark Review

Reviewed on 2021/06/28

We are trying to map out a very complex assembly process and trying to identify non-value added activities in the process. Lucidspark helped us a lot to map it out cleaning and look at it in a concise and holistic way.

Pros

The ability to map out the thoughts into a visual medium, easily, is one of the most important aspects of this software. It is fairly easy to use with a quick learning curve. A very helpful tool for daily use.

Cons

It is a fairly easy software to use - however a quick on-screen tutorial of the most important and frequent used features would be an awesome start point.

Jack
  • Industry: Legal Services

Fantastic Product... BUT

Reviewed on 2021/05/24

Pros

Everything about LucidChart is easy to use. When it comes to any diagramming, I am not sure if there is any better software out there. There are multiple applications that I want to begin using it for across our office. I'm not sure what else to say, other than it's crazy easy to use but also looks professional and legit (Sometimes those two features that aren't found together).

Cons

It is expensive. Maybe its just because it feels so simple, it is hard to justify multiple licenses for our office. If it was half the price, I think we would sign up today for at least 10 additional licenses. Due to the higher price threshold, we settle for something that isn't as user-friendly or nice, but much cheaper.

Although this isn't a "Con" so to speak, it would be a great feature for the application of my office to have arrows that you can have curve, rather than just be angular.