Showing 78 reviews of 64

Lucidspark

Virtual whiteboard solution for team collaboration

Showing 78 reviews of 64
Asmara K.
  • Industry: Research

Must have for all Solopreneurs!

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

I love the ease of use! I have previously featured Lucidspark as part of a 'Best Platforms' series I did on LinkedIn and I would add it a hundred times over :)

Pros

I am an operations consultant so I spend a lot of time thinking about, creating and documenting efficient processes for my clients. Lucidspark makes it possible to clearly map out the customer journey and contextualize their systems design. If a picture is worth a thousand word, a Lucidspark flowchart is worth two thousand! There is no better way to demonstrate how you can bring value to the most important stakeholders for your business- your amazing customers!

Cons

When you are on the free trial, you can only retain/update 3 documents at a time.

Raaj V.
  • Industry: Design

Perfect tool for the (time-sensitive) job

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

I was working of the early stages of a fast paced project which involved multiple stakeholders over several sites and a changing brief. It was perfect for creating a data flow diagram, an organisational structure and creating project-specific documents for client discussion and approval.
I found the software to be very easy to use. I was up, running and familiar with all it's features within 3-4 minutes. Creating the initial document took less than 15 minutes and was ready to share electronically.
Compared to the alternative software available to hand, it was fast, user-friendly and intuitive.
Considering it was the first time I had used it and that it was browser-based, I was impressed.

Pros

The fact that it is so quick and easy to use. That it is user-friendly enough with features such as snapping to shapes and arrows staying attached to the shapes is helpful.
Quickly saving out as PDFs and sharing with colleagues and clients is brilliant.
There are enough templates to find what I was looking for.
It's quicker than setting something up with Illustrator or MS word, powerpoint etc.
1Gb storage is helpful.

Cons

Because I've only scratched the surface with its use, I haven't had the opportunity to really push it's functionality enough to comment on this area yet. I would probably say theft that it's browser based because it would be great to have it as an app on my computer. I'm not often likely to use other computers and having yet another browser window open is a bit of a pain.

Eugene D.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Incredibly Versatile Software

Amazing

Pros

The UX/UI design features along with with the web design process flow templates and beta testing flowcharts served my business well. It cut down design times, and gave my team a solid foundation to design and develop our implementation strategies!

Cons

An image library would be a great addition to the software.

Great for collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/12/12

Was very useful in handling remote meetings to plan project requirements and design sprints

Pros

Easy to collaborate with co-workers in a remote setting.

Cons

Would like to see ability to add images or icons similar to lucid-chart. Also more base templates.

Erick yakin L.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Looking for an easy but powerful tool?

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

At first impression I was considering to look for any alternative but found this as the one that most fit my needs also is pretty easy in comparison with other platforms. You can have one free subscription to test for you and your team and if that get the job done consider about getting a subscription for real and big stacks of work that meets your needs.

Pros

You can use it to develop data flow diagrams very easy and is more likely to drag and drop. Also you can share easily enough your projects files and in the long run saves a lot of time for updating the current state of your development.

Cons

If you are in a big group you will need more space to work and way more files to successfully get a big scope along all your files and definitions. So if you are in a small group I would say that free version is fine otherwise buy a license because you will need one but is not as expensive as other platforms.

Response from Lucid

Hey Erick - Thank you for being a customer and for leaving a product review. Glad you're liking the drag and drop and sharing functionalities. Have a great rest of your day/week! -Gabe

Guennadi S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Experimental use in a small engineering team

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

I use it for a small engineering team for 3 months already and found it very helpful.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use, good tutorials

Cons

Boilerplate at the top of the exported document is not necessary. I would recommend to turn off by default and turn on in Settings wherever it is necessary

Response from Lucid

Hey Guennadi - Thanks for leaving a Lucidspark review. Glad that you found the platform very intuitive and easy to use.

We also appreciate your product feedback in regards to the boilerplate at the top of the exported doc. I'll make sure to personally share your specific suggestion with our product team.

Thank you for being a customer, and hope you have a great rest of your year! -Gabe

Girlie V.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very useful and user-friendly app!

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

I like how it is easy to understand on how to use and navigate on the functions of the application. I was able to make a lot of diagrams for my documentation and shared with my team.

Cons

I didn't notice anything that I didn't like

Response from Lucid

Hey Girlie - Thanks for your Lucidspark review. Glad you found it easy to understand and navigate! -Gabe

Ajay K.

Business Process user

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

It is kind of nice to see a more digitized way of process building, havent used it a lot to talk about the strenght yet

Cons

ease of use, the interface should be more like a desktop application,
should be iPad pencil friendly, the response should be fast, more templates, more videos

Jan D.
  • Industry: Media Production

Exceptional

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Successful used with team for Model org work, initiatives and defining end to end process.
I have reached out for support a couple of times and received a response almost immediately to my questions.

Pros

intuitive and user friendly. Easy to assimilate new users and integrate prior work into the format document.

Cons

Missing a couple of addl format features to enhance current offering.

Response from Lucid

Hey Jan - Thanks for your review! Good to hear that when you reached out to our Lucidspark support team, you got an almost immediate response. Thank you for being a customer, and take care! -Gaabe

Jared G.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Free user review

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Extremely great company that is creating simplistic products to help with visualization

Pros

Very simplistic to use and create charts that are visually appealing.

Cons

Took some time to figure out where features were and how to manipulate different parts

Ashish T.

Easy to use tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

I use Lucid spark to create my visualizations which I use in my presentations and documents

Pros

I liked the ease of exporting it into an image/pdf file

Cons

There is hardly anything missing on the software

Anne E.

Quality product

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Pros

I think it’s a great product, has a lot of features that could be useful, especially in my line of work.

Cons

It’s a good product, but it’s too expensive for my budget

Klaas S.
  • Industry: Information Services

Do it the easy way with Lucidspark

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Great piece of kit, very easy to use. We started to use it for presentations only, to make things look great. Now we start using it for drafting and every-day use as well!

Pros

I like how easy it is to make graphs with Lucidspark.

Cons

Sometimes with very large drawings, loading times can take a while. Make sure you have a good pc and internet if you want to collaborate live.

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Market Research

Great collaboration Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

I think that in the days of COVID this is great product for Teams to use. It feels like you are in a conference room hashing through brainstorming exercises.

Pros

My whole team can get in and work on the boards to add to the "conversation." Love the templates as well.

Cons

Managing users was not very intuitive. I had to do an FAQ search to figure it out.

Jackie B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Features I didn't know I needed

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

I tested various products when we were looking to standardize the tool across our organization. LucidSpark had the features we needed at a good price point.

Pros

The ability to sort cards automatically is something that was unique and useful.

Cons

There really wasn't anything I disliked - great tool.

Phillip H.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

User Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We were solving a collaboration discussion and brainstorming

Pros

I like the collaboration and the customization

Cons

Always being able to see someones mouse at the same time

Response from Lucid

Hey Phillip - Thank you for leaving a Lucidspark product review! Good to know that you're enjoying the real time collaboration features. -Gabe

Doug P.

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

Great product! Love the ease of use. I would highly recommend!

Cons

Nothing. Everything works well! I wouldn’t change a thing.

Colin T.
  • Industry: Printing

Great software to manager complete workflow!

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Super useful for all production planning and invoicing. It ensures we do not miss anything.

Pros

Lucidspark is super easy to implement for all members of the team. Easy drag and drop placement of items and jobs and easy colour coding and brainstorming. Sharing with colleges is a breeze as well:)

Cons

Automatically change the copy and paste of a text to the font that is already being used in the box.

Brandon B.

Simple, Fun and Clean

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Sharing notes and problem solving/brain storming with a dispersed team.

Pros

Clean and simple User interface, great tool for collaboration or just personal brainstorming. Very helpful as the team is all remote now and they need to see things. Templates make me look like a rock star.

Cons

Comments being a paid feature is limiting but I get it. I'd like more people in the company to embrace visual communications so we could better justify the cost.

Michael L.

Amazing, Simple, Elegant

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

A wonderful program that I would recommend to anyone who is seeking a way to organize and display their thoughts, plots, or plans.

Pros

The ease of use for the software makes any project a relaxing, focused use of time rather than struggling to organize everything well in advance.

Cons

The options for templates seem a little limited right now.

Coley B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Outstanding Platform to Stay Organized

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Lucidspark keeps me organized and travels really well. The options to color code, use sticky notes or boards to help my staff effectively coimmunicate with one another has been invaluable during the Public Health Emergency.

Pros

Mind mapping! My practice has multiple locations and each location fails in different levels of restrictions with COVID. Some locations are COVID hotspots and require extra logistical assistance and others have few if any restrictions. Mind mapping allows me to sort information and color code the map . I love this particular feature.

Cons

Upon first glance, I thought it would be difficult to use. The home page us very busy but upon actual use I have found that it is more user friendly than many other platforms I use daily. There is no "new language" to learn to produce effective materials.

Darren C.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Review of Lucidspark

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Overall this is a great product for anyone whom is looking for a easy to use team collaboration software that is very user friendly.

Pros

Lucidspark is very user friendly. This manner in which the drag and drop and layout makes this product ideal for people from novice to experienced users of collaboration software. There is no steep learning curve.

Cons

The only issue I found was no in regards to the software. More to do with the password reset option. Some clients I have presented this to stated this feature could be improved.

Response from Lucid

Hey Darren! Thank you for the review and feedback on how we can improve the password reset functionality. I'll make sure to pass it on to our product team. Have a great week, and take care. -Gabe

Rachelle E.

Turning a vision into a reality

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Lucid charts provide expert support, allowing me to focus on my expertise. I have 25 years in the digital industry and lucid charts is and will always be my go-to for bringing projects to life which keeps the revenue streams growing for me and my clients. For me, Lucid charts service and capabilities cannot be beaten. It is worth giving it a try.

Pros

the abilty to use the objects drag and drop feature and to be able to add text or edit as needed, made it possible to create a flow chart that was balanced for technical and non technial users.

Cons

To be honest, at this time, I would not change anything about the platform, it provided me with everything I needed and it did not require tutorials or the time that other platforms require to even get started.