Ramp

Corporate card and expense management platform

Enrique
Enrique

A user-friendly expense reporting platform that rewards YOU when you use it!

Reviewed on 2023/10/24

Pros

The Ramp platform makes it easy to do everything that a corporate card administrator or user might need to: issue new cards, assign expense policies, code transactions, integrate with accounting software, suspend or terminate cards, adjust spending limits. Part of the reason we switched to Ramp is the fact that we can administer our card program almost entirely online, without having to call into a call center as we had to with Amex; coupled with no annual fees, going to Ramp was a no-brainer. The implementation process is straightforward and the Ramp team is there every step of the way, so you can have the platform up and running in a fairly short amount of time, particularly compared to some competing card expense reporting solutions. But the best thing by far is that Ramp "pays" you to use it in the form of cash rebates on certain transactions -- what a concept!

Cons

It's honestly quite difficult to identify any cons with the Ramp platform. One challenge we've had is that card authorizations (or merchant holds) take a long time to drop off; and before they do, the cardholder and their manager often get multiple notifications that a "transaction" requires action. Physical cards take several days to be delivered; other corporate card issuers turn cards around a lot faster.

Robert
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The best expense reporting software on the market

Reviewed on 2022/04/04

We have nothing but positive things to say about Ramp. From an accounting perspective, everything from initial set up to issuing cards to setting up expense rules is streamlined and easy to use. We also constantly hear from our cardholders in the company how great the switch to Ramp has been due to the great user experience and not having to fill out traditional expense reports.

Pros

Ramp currently offers the best expense reporting product we have ever used. The system is incredibly easy to use for both accountants and cardholders. By eliminating standard expense reports, Ramp has saved our company countless hours without losing any control or oversight that you would have with standard expense reporting platforms. An surprise benefit has been that there is no cost to Ramp, and we actually make money with the 1.50% cash back perk on all card purchases.

Cons

We have no complaints with Ramp. Each update to the software continues to exceed our expectations and adds new functionalities that we benefit from.

Reasons for Choosing Ramp

We switched away from the credit card program through our bank and the expense reporting module in ProcureDesk because of the lack of connectivity between the bank, ProcureDesk, and our accounting software (QBO). The lack of connectivity created hours of extra work for us. The user experience of expense reporting through ProcureDesk was also poor and half-baked.

ProcureDesk

Reasons for Switching to Ramp

Better service team, more features, and overall better product.
Shereef
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Oil Field Services User

Reviewed on 2023/11/21

Was great until the ramp business limit was suddenly reduced without warning and froze all the credit cards. Looking into the market for alternative products after this occurred.

Pros

The ease of use and visual appearance. I also appreciated the spend control functions offered and Ramp Flex products.

Cons

The unpredictable nature of the moving business limit. Very hard to predict and currently looking at other products after a surprise drop in limit and freezing of cards.

Kristy
  • Industry: Automotive

Ramp

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

Overall I love Ramp. I used to have to beg and plead to get receipts and that has been tremendously reduced and the ease of the app is amazing. The integration with our accounting software is also amazing. I never have to worry about making a JE or trying to track amounts down.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the receipt capture! The reminder text that is sent to snap a picture at the time of purchase is so wonderful. No more chasing down receipts!!

Cons

My least favorite thing is not really being able to talk to someone if there is an issue. Most of the issues are user error but if our locations could call and speak to a tech or representative to walk them through how to get set up or fix their error it would be so much easier.

Ben

Must have for your finance stack

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Ramp has helped us streamline internal finance processes and find opportunities to save. The experience has been seamless and amazing!

Pros

Ramp integrates seamlessly with my accounting software to eliminate the typical problems associated with business expense management. Because it's one and the same with my business credit card it gives me a powerful tool that directly integrates.

Cons

The software is great! I'm waiting for them to start tackling my full spending picture as opposed to just credit cards.

Brex, Expensify and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Ramp

Ramp combined both expense management, opportunities for saving, and a credit card offering into a single free service.
Richard
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Zeal

Reviewed on 2021/06/01

Pros

The setup & ease of use, combined with pricing --> you can't beat it.

Cons

Nothing thus far. I am new to the platform, but it has been great thus far.

Reasons for Switching to Ramp

Thankfully we were denied by Brex because we were not a startup that fit into very specific criteria.
Patty
Patty

I Love Ramp Visa.

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

The ease to use and helpful support, along with the reimbursement feature.

The ease to use and helpful support, along with the reimbursement feature.

Pros

no monthly reconciliations. can be done at time of purchase right on the site, no reports to print, no printing of receipts.

Cons

have not seen any cons as of yet, anything that has confused me, has been taken care of by a quick phone or Chat with Ramp

Jim
Jim
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Impressive System

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

Pros

Ease of use and the mobile app has made expense reporting an easy process. Approvals are easy to review and allow for quick logging of expenses by GL codes.

Cons

WE really have not experienced any issues during transition and ongoing experiences with RAMP

Reggie
Reggie

Easy to Implement. Easy to Learn. Easy to Reconcile

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Pros

Ramp allows for you to create digital cards to put on file for the various subscriptions team uses. This is super handy to ensure you don't have crazy spending on systems no longer in use.

Another awesome feature is their texting of receipts. Rather than loading it into an app, Ramp will text you for the receipt and you can take pic and text it back. No uploading needed.

Cons

I wish there were more employee permission features that allowed you to grant or not grant specific access.

• Industry: Renewables & Environment

Amazing Platform

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

Pros

This is the single easiest platform for expenses and invoice payments I've used bar none.

Cons

Color's used in it and cheesy photos on some screens.

Chervonne

Ramp makes business easier!

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Overall, I'd recommend Ramp to other businesses. I wuld like to see Ramp expanded to AR functionality to receive customer payments as well, this way it could be a one stop shop. Today we have to have more than one program t manage all of our accounting needs.

Pros

Ramp has truly made life with company card, expense tracking and vendor management and payables! Having working in the finance field for 23 years, I have had vast experience with many softwares. Ramp is one of my favorites and is easy to set-up or disable users, track vendor expenses, and reimbursements

Cons

We are able to manage accounts payable but it does not have accounts receivable functionalty at all. i've asked if this will be added to Ramp's future functionality before we have to purchase an additional package with another firm and have not yet received any feedback nor a response on this piece.

ALSO, the latest update is not ideal with moving items that are ready to process to different tabs. I'd like an option to have all items remain in one screen while working through items that we can upload vs. what is missing items from the users

Jake

Needs a few more features

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

We've been using both Ramp and Brex for the past 5 months or so. This week, we began migrating all of our users over to Ramp. So far, my experience has been great, minus the couple things I mentioned above. Ramp is definitely a great platform and I continue using/growing with Ramp in the future.

Pros

I think the overall platform is great. So many of the features are excellent and I'm not sure they could be improved. Examples of those features are the accounting section, the insight into users spending/card info, and searching for transactions.

Cons

There are two features that Ramp doesn't have/offer and is frustrating at times. I would love for there to be a Ramp app. We previously used Brex, and the ease of access with an app is great. Many (likely all) of our team would prefer to have an app, rather than going to Ramp's website. The other feature is offering a live chat option. Brex also had that feature, and issues could be addressed and resolved within minutes. When I've had to email Ramp support, the response is typically very fast. But once again, I think many users/admins that use Ramp would prefer a live chat option.

Samuel
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Using Ramp as corporate card

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Using Ramp really made my life easy vs. using conventional corporate card.
Cannot image without...

Using Ramp really made my life easy vs. using conventional corporate card.
Cannot image without using Ramp!

Pros

Being able to change the limits of each card holder.
Also, the speed of expense information being uploaded

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Ramp at the moment.

Brock
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best offering

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

Pros

The product is easy to use and administer. The company is releasing very useful updates and features regularly and listens to it's users for future feature development. Slack integrated.

Cons

Keeping the card level accounting vs transaction level accounting. But that is on the roadmap and should be on their platform in the very short term.

Roberto
  • Industry: Consumer Services

To me, Ramp is a no brainer

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Ramp has allowed my team to very easily reconcile marketing budgets and spend with our bookkeeping. It's extremely easy to use, the support team is extremely responsive and the company is constantly pushing new features that add value on a regular basis. To me, it's really a no brainer.

Pros

- Obtaining my own corporate credit card was very easy and frictionless
- I love how I can create multiple virtual cards that I use with different vendors and for different spend categories
- The feature that automatically matches receipts with transactions is simply a game changer, it saves me and our finance team so much time
- Replacing a card is extremely easy and quick

Cons

Really can't think of anything that I dislike, at least with our company use case

Vicki
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

So easy and helpful

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

Ramp has helped our church with accounting tremendously!
Their customer service is top-notch!!

Ramp has helped our church with accounting tremendously!
Their customer service is top-notch!!

Pros

The app makes tracking receipts and categorizing expenses so easy! The integration with Quickbooks Online is effortless!!

Cons

Overall Ramp is exceptionally easy to use. The only thing I have found difficult is trying to create a "rule" for memos or Quickbooks categories.

Cindy

No more bat needed.

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Much much improved over our old cards and system.

Much much improved over our old cards and system.

Pros

Our employees are getting invoices in timely allowing for better company reporting and quicker external reimbursement requests.

Cons

Signing up new employees for cards is confusing as multiple ways to do it. Also not happy as one set of bank statements I have to load manually each month as they are in a treasury account not connected to you all.

Robin

Ramp Rocks

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

Pros

The ease of use for the cardholders. Employees can take a picture of the receipt real time and enter a memo and department,

Cons

We can't upload to our Quickbooks Enterprise therefore, every transaction needs to be reentered again.

Kenny
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Ramp has been a game changer

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

Ramp has been responsive and easy to manage. I don't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Pros

Our users love the ability to submit all required documentation from their phones and administrators love the ability to review without a lot of paper management.

Cons

Requires a bit of work on the front end to set it up but after it is right, things work very well.

Jared

Easy and Effective Reimbursements

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

I am a huge fan of the service that Ramp provides to me as a user.

I am a huge fan of the service that Ramp provides to me as a user.

Pros

It's super easy to submit my expenses with the vendor suggestions and mileage calculations. The ability to select a specific account for direct deposit makes it fast and easy to receive funds.

Cons

It can be a little tricky to initially set up the direct deposit account.

Kelly
Kelly
  • Industry: Entertainment

Ramp is great!

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Pros

Ramp is the best system I've ever used to track my credit card expenses and reimbursements. The fact that you can do everything by mobile device is fantastic especially when you are travelling and can do your reporting in real time.

Cons

I don't have any problems with any of the features.

Marie

Love it

Reviewed on 2021/05/28

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

So easy to use, beautiful design, startup friendly

Cons

Would love more features like paying bills

So easy to use
Melissa
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Trail of expenses

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Pros

Easy use and audit trail. History of spending easy to locate and drill down

Cons

Some times it is slow to respons, but that is normal for such software

Eugene
  • Industry: Medical Devices

User

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Pros

Easy to use, easy to keep track on the spendings

Cons

Nothing some small things: during reports need to select type - I think it can be automated

Tammy

Ramped Up

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

Pros

User friendly and works with you as you enter expenses.

Cons

Learning a new program is always difficult.