Glassdoor

Job board software to streamline recruitment processes

Ramakrishna S.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent app to know new opportunities

Reviewed on 2020/12/05

It gives elaborate data about the organization's structure, review, overview, salaries, past interviewer suggestions, and quick data which can be used before giving an interview to a company.
Easy to use and have many insights helps to go through the interview rounds and get it cleared.
Less expensive and user friendly on both the web-based and mobile platforms.

Pros

The most important part of Glassdoor is the Interview questions option, which helps the job seekers to know more about the company and its interview process. Keep you the updated information about the positions and opportunities available in the company.

Cons

Sometimes I see a few fake reviews and employees post reviews on frustration which brings a false impression on the company.
They don't have a resume search option in them, so that recruited can make use of it.
You can't make a connection with individuals to know more about the interview process.
It doesn't have an in-build application tracking system in it like some of its competitors.

Milenko M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best way to review companies and current job openings

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Glassdoor is good and I am satisfied with it, but I do hope that issue with jobs which are sent to me via email, will be addressed in near future, as that one of the very important features of every job search.

Pros

Glassdoor provides innovative way for employees to search for future job openings, by reviewing both the company and available jobs. This is really useful when I am looking for new position, as I can check reviews from other people who worked before there and what are the pros and cons of the specific job, so I can prepare myself accordingly and show the best of me.

Cons

It is really great that we are getting email updates from the Glassdoor for specific job criteria, but unfortunately for some reason I keep getting job posts which are either away from my city ( or they are listed in my feed because I have chosen Remote Positions, but they don't have such ) and\or don't fall under my Salary expectation.

Johnathan C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Glassdoor Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

It serves its purpose of finding dozens of job openings and makes it easy to apply for the job that you want. It is easy to navigate and is very useful for looking for a job.

Cons

They want you to create an account before you can look for a job. This seems minor, but I prefer being able to immediately look for a job opening the moment I click on a websites link. Not have to deal with additional steps to apply for a job.

Thiago F.

An alternative way to search a job

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Last year I was searching for a new job since i was left the company which i worked during 7 years. So I was applying for new jobs using Linkedin, Google, Facebook posts, Telegram groups, and I applied for the position and I could see the salary rate. 2 weeks after , the HR Manager called me , and told me about my contact was taken using Glassdoor. I did all test processes and I was approved for the QA position applying my resume to Glassdoor.

Pros

Glassdoor collects all informations related to company, described by users what already worked or left the company. The most positive point is to check the company reputation, salary rate, pros and cons notes reported and the job opportunities

Cons

Glassdoor could implement the GPTW rank divided by country/city according to user location.

Aubree F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great for Job Searching

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Glassdoor from the perspective of a job applicant is quite good and in a lot of ways better than indeed. However, not as many companies use it but I wish more did.

Pros

Easy to use, mostly easy to navigate interface, company info all in one place and easy to access, review interface is easy to use

Cons

You have to have an account in order to view a significant amount of features, there was nothing else glaring.

Eric H.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great to find positions

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I think it’s a great application to find open positions you may be interested in based on your field of study while also searching into other interests.

Pros

I used GlassDoor when I was looking into new job positions after moving out of state. It was very simple to use and had a user friendly layout.

Cons

I really only used it on my phone so I didn’t like to do the application process from the app. Instead I would find open positions that interested me and then do the applications from the desktop.

Colleen G.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

great for job hunting

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Was very happy with it and thought it was the best for looking into different jobs available.

Pros

When I was searching for new jobs this was the app I liked most for how it looked and its ease of use.

Cons

There should be an easier way to organize things you've looked at and are looking for and group things how you'd like.

Kenny S.

Glassdoor is a one stop website for finding reviews on companies

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Great! They are a top of mind choice providing high quality reviews on companies and job searching.

Pros

You will find several reviews of the company you are searching for on Glassdoor. I recommend taking a few minutes and read several of them, so that you can fairly evaluate the company that you are searching for.

Cons

Companies can submit requests to have a review removed.

Malecia B.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Get to Know the Company

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I like it a lot. I use it especially to get an idea on salary expectations and I read the reviews.

Pros

My favorite thing about Glassdoor is that they don't hold back. Whatever it is that you may want to know about the company will be there.

Cons

There's nothing honestly that I can say that I don't like about it. I use it for a certain purpose and it's met that purpose each time.

• Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Glassdoor for applicants

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Fair, wouldn't recommend it, but would use it again to look up salaries or company culture.

Pros

I do like the average salary feature, it can give you a good idea of what to shoot for within certain companies.

Cons

Cluttered, not super user friendly. You cannot really view anything without having an account, to see some reviews I kept getting redirected which was a little frustrating.

• Industry: Online Media

Great for Building Brand Awareness

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

We have had a great experience with Glassdoor so far. I love how you can highlight positive reviews and interviews by featuring them. It helps to underscore your company's positive attributes.

Pros

Becoming an engaged employer on Glassdoor is a key part of employer branding given that the majority of candidates will review your Glassdoor page before deciding whether or not to join your company. You can easily connect with applicants on Glassdoor via your job postings as well as curated content that you can publish directly to your page. Glassdoor has really in depth analytics that allow you to do a deep dive into your reviews. My company has multiple offices in the US and globally and through reviews analytics, we are able to see what offices the most positive/negative feedback is coming from as well as which position titles write the most positive/negative reviews. You can also see what words are most common in positive/negative reviews which helps us to gauge what we are doing well and what we need to improve.

Cons

There aren't too many cons to think of. Sometimes former employees who quit years prior will leave reviews and they will show up as recent which could confuse potential candidates.

Nitin G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Glassdoor needs some good doors to be opened.

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

It was good in the beginning but after facing some problems, i have switched to Linkedin.

Pros

Glassdoor is very old and has a large dataset of all companies mostly and no doubt Comparison feature between two organizations is very useful in decision making.
Also descriptive and good UI reviews can be read easily with very less time consumption.

Cons

The most annoying thing while using glassdoor is that it forces you to add Review/salary before viewing any review of any company, i understand that the main aim is to increase user engagement but it shouldn't be blocking user flow.

Fabian S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Glassdoor is a Legend

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

Pros

this software is easy to access and straight forward

Cons

its a valid reason why this software has been around for so many years, its great

Michael G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Check before you move

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

It remains a go to app to learn about how a company works from internal reviews.

Pros

Great at giving you an insight into a company based on the reviews of people that have worked at those companies - you can check salary ranges and benefits for certain jobs too!

Cons

It requires you share your own job details before you can see any details that you may be interested in.

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Job Hunting Just Got Better

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Truly a wonderful experience and would highly recommend to others!

Pros

I really liked the breadth and depth of the postings on Glassdoor. In addition, there are salary insights as well as reviews from people who work at that company. It really provides a terrific way to get a glimpse of company culture and the interview process.

Cons

I did not like how you have to pay or sign in to get the best insights from Glassdoor. The website locks you out if you do not have a subscription so you do not get access to everything if you are not signed in. That being said, it is worth it!

Glassdoor is THE gold standard for employees reviews. Great places to find new candidates/jobs.

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Overall great exeperience. Ultimate company reviewing spot and great place to find a job!

Pros

Glassdoor is the the #1 stop for company reviews. This is an excellent place to find reviews from employees and get honest feedback on benefits, interviews, and upper management. Also a great place to post or find jobs- reaches a wide audience.

Cons

The reviews must be taken with a grain of salt because many companies end up encouraging their employees write Glassdoor reviews for them.

Kimberly J.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

A great means to finding the job you want!

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

I found the perfect part-time job with Glassdoor and the entire process was very seamless.

Pros

In looking for a part-time job I found Glassdoor extremely easy to use and offered many options. It was easy to find research on the companies I was interested in.

Cons

Sometimes I was directed towards jobs that were outside the parameters of the types of jobs I was interested in.

Jacob K.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Glassdoor Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

Overall, Glassdoor provides all the necessary features to be a sufficient hiring website.

Pros

Glassdoor allows a user to post a company review anonymously, which is a benefit. Glassdoor is also user friendly.

Cons

When having fellow coworkers complete reviews for their company, Glassdoor requires they set up an account which can be a deterrent to completing a review.

Alexandra N.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Better than indeed

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Great for checking out reviews- this is an advantage over indeed. Yes they have reviews too, but somehow in HR it has become a standard to check glassdoor reviews.

Pros

Again, we need to differ between glassdoor for employers, and for jobseekers. I use glassdoor when searching for a job, and found both the uploading process (cv etc.) and reviews very helpful. I read reviews as a standard procedure even when dealing with clients- I love people, and working with them, so an abundance of bad reviews is a bad sign- and I like to be prepared.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. I think it is great the way it is.

Jon B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Transparency

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

A great tool to quickly get water cooler gossip and inside scoop from the average worker. It’s a voice for the people.

Pros

I love that employees can post their thoughts on the platform and it is there to stay. It’s a great tool to get a different perspective when evaluating job offers

Cons

I really don’t have any cons to list, it’s simple and that’s what I like about it. I don’t get the feeling that they are financially motivated like yelp