HSI

Kiara W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Awesome Software!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

HSI has been a great benefit to my company and really helped us out in a time of needing a great LMS and online training. Our Customer Service Representative, Account Executive including tech support are just really awesome and provide amazing support. None of my questions have gone unanswered and they are always on point to provide us with new updates they've released. HSI will even reach out to make sure our company is doing well and if there's anything they can help us with.

Pros

I really love how dynamic the software is. It's easy to keep track of all my students, courses and even manage reports including purchasing additional credits. I also really like that HSI continues to provide updates and improvements to their software. It's very much so a "point and click" system with easy navigation.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this software.

Response from HSI

Thanks for the kind words, Kiara! We really appreciate the review!

Melissa T.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Very satisfied with HSI training videos

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

I did not have any negative experiences during the entire process of setting up an account with HSI. Their customer service reps are super friendly and very responsive. They check in on you periodically and they let you know when new training videos that may be relevant to your industry are available.

Pros

My university contracted with HSI to supply training videos for students, staff and faculty. The videos are high quality, up-to-date and easy to navigate. The training videos are created by subject matter experts and update automatically when regulations or industry standards change.

Cons

It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Response from HSI

Thanks, Melissa! We really appreciate your feedback and kind words.

Erica L.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Pros

Not having to track when employees are completing their training.
Ease of adding or removing users.

Cons

The animated quality of the product. Does not seem real enough and the employee's don't like it at all.

Response from HSI

Hi Erica, thanks for leaving us a review. Please reach out to us and let us know how we can better serve you.

Margaret C.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Quality content in an easy to use format

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

HSI has been great to work with. They provided lot of information during the set up phases and are quick to respond to questions regarding the system.

Pros

HSI has quality content in an easy to use format. Users can easily access and take their required training. Supervisors monitor progress through premade reports that are easily customized. Administrators set up a system and only have to do short regular check ins.

Cons

Our organization doesn't have an email for each employee so updating passwords requires and admin but we've gotten a good system in place.

Response from HSI

Hi Margaret, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Jeff C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Refreshing Change to HSI and Vivid Learning.

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

My experience with Vivid Learning and HSI has been exceptional. From the first call into HSI / Vivid to investigate the available course library and opportunity to use the SCORM course packages was a welcome conversation. All avenues along the way was a focus on one thing, the satisfaction and success of my project and timeline. Rare do you find a company that is in partnership to meet the budget and target timeline for deployment with such absolute confidence. It made my decision to partner with HSI a natural fit. Additionally, even after the contract and after the successful deployment of the project, HSI / Vivid staff frequently remained in contact to gauge success and satisfaction. Even during the initial part of the COVID-19 outbreak and people began working from home, their engagement with their customers never failed. I appreciated that.

Pros

The variety of safety OSHA Awareness courses within the available library and the options to either use the SCORM files to load directly into our existing LMS or utilize the HSI LMS which is outstanding.

Cons

Can't really say I have a "Least" desired attribute, but given our Oil & Gas Industry needs for OSHA safety courses, it would be perfect to have the content specific to Oil & Gas (imagery & some other topics). However, the courses we use are sufficient to meet our needs and we have the option to custom build courses in partnership with Vivid Learning / HSI team.

Daniel V.

Incredibly Versatile

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

We started using this solution as a safety software solution, but quickly started utilizing additional custom features and benefits as we became more familiar with the site and support team.

Pros

The best part about this software is how customizable it is. The content can be tailored as robust or as generic as needed down to the individual employee for course enrollments. The ease of reporting for compliance and performance as a result has been a tremendous benefit.

Cons

The best feature is also the worst feature. The site is very robust and flexible in that if you do not have a solid plan on how you want to internally administer the site it can be somewhat overwhelming and challenging. Fortunately they have a great support team that helps you through these challenges as they arise and tailor it to meet your needs.

Response from HSI

Hi Daniel, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Walter S.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Quality Control Supervisor

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

I think the overall experience has been great, the staff is very helpful. My only complaint is not all classes are translated.

Pros

the features I like the best is the training its self, the videos or short and to the point, I recently noticed that as you go through a section it is now highlighted to let you know you have covered that section.

Cons

Not all the classes are translated into spanish

Response from HSI

Hi Walter, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Kristina D.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Great value for a superior product

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

The team at HSI has been great to tailor the system to our needs. Everyone is very professional and courteous and they always provide a response in a timely matter.

Pros

The software is very easy to use considering the wide variety of employees at our business. The multi language option is key with our workforce. I like how there is the ability to upload your own content to supplement the training lesson. Most importantly, the support team is very quick to respond.

Cons

Sometimes it lags on the speed, but that could be an internal issue with our network.

Response from HSI

Thank you, Kristina! We'll pass along your kind words about our support team - we love them, too!

Michael W.

As a User

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

As a client of theirs for over 23 years I find their materials superior to others in many ways. The customer service is impeccable and I will continue to use their product for years to come.

Pros

HSI's material are very user friendly and their customer service is outstanding. If there is ever an issue (which is very, very seldom) the issue is dealt with and resolved almost immediately.

Cons

Can't think of any issues that create any problems. As I stated earlier, if any arise, they address them immediatley.

Response from HSI

Hi Michael, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Brian S.

Must Have

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Very happy with all the services that they have provided.

Pros

Easy to use, economical, reliable. Have been very satisfied with the entire service.

Cons

N/A. This service is all I needed to bring my company to a whole another level.

Response from HSI

Hi Brian, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Ben R.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Great Resource for EMS Training

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

We are extremely pleased with our purchase. It has allowed us to provide needed continuing education to our EMS providers at their convenience. Most work out of our satellite stations and this has been essential to maintain their professional licensures, as well as, allowing them to keep sharp on EMS knowledge. This ultimately leads to high quality patient care. Our providers have given very positive feedback about our purchase of HSI online training. Very soon, we plan to start taking advantage of their other great features, such as, creating custom classes. Customer service has been exactly as promised, top notch! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] continues to impress and deliver, help every time I call. One can imagine how useful it has been during this year of 2020.

Pros

The online training is easy to assign to my EMS providers. The classes offered are full of useful and current information. Providers are able to receive CEU's for state and national recertification on their own time. They offer a wide variety topics to choose from that challenge all levels of EMS certifications.

Cons

During a training session, providers are able to pause and resume the class you are taking overall, but not in the middle of the video. Must watch again, in its entirety, if you log out of class while watching this portion. Fortunately, the length of these segments are kept reasonable, so issues with this are very minimal.

Response from HSI

Hi Ben, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Laurel P.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

A good answer to safety training needs

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

I'm excited to see how we can use the new supervisor development training options.

Pros

It is easy to use, and the customer service is great!

Cons

I need to learn more about how the software works when I alter assignments.

Response from HSI

Hi Laurel, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Michael R.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Pros

What I like most is the level of support and engagement of our support staff.

Cons

The cost and maybe the available training.

Matt H.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Great Pick!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

My experience so far has been wonderful. The software replaced what we used previously and we're very pleased with the switch. Customer service has been beyond our expectations. Our Customer Success Advisor checks in frequently, is down to earth and personable, and is very responsive!

Pros

The software is user friendly and engaging.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I dislike about this product.

Response from HSI

Thanks Matt! We're thrilled that you're happy with your training and our customer service. We appreciate the feedback!

Dawn O.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful and responds quickly.

Pros

Ease of use and courses are informative. Customer service is great and respond to me quickly when I need assistance on the admin side.

Cons

Not all courses are provided in Spanish.

Response from HSI

Hi Dawn, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Troy M.
  • Industry: Public Safety

24/7 Fire & EMS Online Training

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

HSI has provided our volunteer fire department with exceptional customer service. Our sales representative was extremely helpful when setting up our software program. He worked with me on several occasions to ensure that I had a good understanding of how the software worked and answered any questions that I had. He continues to check with us to ensure our satisfaction with the software and that it meets our expectations.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It is simple to understand and set up for users. Content of this software is very well put together and the software company is always updating the content to ensure the most up to date information for users.

Cons

At this time I do not have any cons for this software.

Response from HSI

Hi Troy, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Dave G.
  • Industry: Utilities

Medic First Aid

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Medic First Aid student for 20+ years
Instructor for 3+ years
Training Center Director

Pros

Easy to use and administer the program; site is simple to navigate

Cons

The instructor re-certification fees seem a bit high, but to be fair, I don't have any info for comparison

Response from HSI

Hi Dave, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Calvin P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

CE HSI

Reviewed on 2020/10/24

Navigating through certain fields.

Pros

Getting reports on staff completions of certain modules.

Cons

Figuring out how to select certain reports.

Response from HSI

Hi Calvin, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Brandy B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Safety, HR, and Computer Training

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Saves the EHS professional time for in-person training (minimizes this). It is also a great way to track all trainings and a leading indicator.

Pros

The software allows new employees to be entered into the system quickly to get their training started immediately. The software is user friendly. If the users have problems, customer service great at helping. The content is accurate and is updated often. The storylines and animation are also great. From an admin side, the software allows reports to be run, and makes a leading indicator easy to have (the % of people who are in compliance with their training). It helps decrease the number of working hours that the EHS Professional or Supervisors have to put in for training, because this system does it. They also track any other trainings that you want to have (live events) that are not included in the software. I would 100% recommend this training software to companies.

Cons

It would be nice to send an email out to all delinquent users (they may already have this and I do not know of it). I know the email goes out for 1 day overdue, 15 days overdue, etc, but I would like to make my own and send it out.

Response from HSI

Hi Brandy, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Dominic D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Corporate Safety Manager

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

HSI (Vivid Learning) has been excellent in providing me with helpful information and suggestions on training content for our employees. This include materials outside of our package content, at reasonable prices. Their customer service people have gone above and beyond my expectations.

Pros

Topics are current and meet todays training and educational requirements. Because we are able to load them onto our own LMS site, student/employee access is convenient and makes it user friendly.

Cons

We do a lot of classroom training at our DC's and sometime the classroom (handouts) are a little sparse.

Response from HSI

Hi Dominic, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Danella P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Pros

We have been using HSI for 3 years now, the platform for training their chemical database are very user friendly and easy to navigate. Their customer service team works quickly to resolve any issue that may arise.

Cons

Training videos could be updated, but they serve the purpose we need them for and are interactive.

Response from HSI

Hi Danella, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Richard S.

HSI OSHA

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Pros

My experience with HSI has been great. We were not able to hold in-person OSHA 10 and 30 classes so we were in need of a trustworthy online host. HSI has the pricing and service that our electrical apprenticeship needed. Kudos HSI and thank you!

Cons

There were no issues that I would report as unsatisfactory

Response from HSI

Hi Richard, thanks for leaving us a great review! We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Katie M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

10/10 Recommend

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

HSI has helped my company increase safety training compliance. My team is so much more willing to complete the HSI classes than the online classes we had used before through a different program. The amount of classes and the variety of topics covers everything we could need for our diverse workforce.

Pros

I highly recommend HSI. My company started using this software for our monthly safety training classes about a year and a half ago. The product is great - the classes are interactive, interesting and easy to digest. The site is very user friendly. The customer service team at HSI is also phenomenal. Anytime I have an issue or a question, they have been responsive and extremely helpful. They made the transition to this software easy and painless.

Cons

In the initial rollout there were a few bugs in the software. The team at HSI actively worked to resolve those though and everything is working fine now.

Response from HSI

Thanks for the review, Katie! We're happy you've had such a great experience since switching to HSI!

Rich L.
  • Industry: Machinery

VIVID/Pillar computer-based safety training

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Overall experience with HSI personnel has been excellent.
Very personable and willing to help. Support has always been prompt.

Pros

Functionality is flawless; not glitchy at all. Ease of use for students is very good; even my less PC savvy people have no issues. Ease of use from an Admin standpoint is a little more involved. There is a somewhat steeper learning curve with the refreshed software.(Pillar) Most of this is due to the level of options available to you.
You can report on virtually every facet of the program, and configure it in every way imaginable.
While this is great from a flexibility standpoint, until you figure out exactly what you need and what you don't, it can be a little daunting. Overall though, very well laid out and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are almost too many features now, if that can be considered a negative.

Response from HSI

Hi Rich, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you love the product.

Ben L.
  • Industry: Utilities

Online Training

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

We have been users for years and will continue moving forward.

Pros

This training allowed me to track all of our compliance training to ensure we were meeting the requirements. It also allowed our employees the flexibility to take the training when it worked best for their schedules.

Cons

At first it did not work well with tablets but now there are very few issues.