Spekit

Cloud-based employee training and sales enablement software

Jackson A.

Nice tool to have in SFDC

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Good - my CSM and even the POC engineer are extremely responsive and helpful. Getting the software up and running as quickly as possible was an easy task!

Pros

The ease of creating Spekit cards on the fly in Salesforce has been extremely helpful. Allowing me to edit them quickly as well is a big plus. My reps can easy find the tooltip Spek icon and reference a. definition without Slacking me!

Cons

Have caught a few bugs, but most are trivial and just a matter of workflow for me. The one big bummer is that every time you add a new field to SFDC, you have to resync the SFDC connection in Spekit, which can take up to 5-10minutes. This is a pain.

Kerstin R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great App to get Info Fast!

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

We are now able to deliver real time answers to our end users most commonly asked questions! We are also as Admins now not having to repeat ourselves over and over! We are always happy to help, but now we have freed up our time to keep our business moving forward.

Pros

I have to say the best part of this software is the Chrome extension compatibility! Yes having a one stop shop website to house your info and how-to's is great, but to deliver that to your end users right where they work, is invaluable!

Cons

Would really like to have a sub-topic level or be able to relate speks to speks. But other than that this tool is great! I think they are even road-mapping those anyway!

Rachel C.

Benefits of Spekit

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Pros

We recently implemented a new project management system at my agency and Spekit has helped with the transition immensely. It has been a huge time savings for me to find answers to my questions without having to rely on a busy person to get back to me. I also know it's been a huge help to the team who typically gets bogged down with answering questions from people like me, most of which are repetitive.

I've also seen a lot of value in onboarding new hires to the team - it has helped them learn our processes and has helped me avoid being a bottleneck. They feel more independent from the get go, which is empowering as joining a new company can be overwhelming.

Cons

The biggest challenge is just the time investment that must be made to develop clear and effective Speks to answer people's questions. You have to have an owner or a team of owners that is committed to building the foundation and continuing to update as things change, which wouldn't work at all organizations.

Dion M.

A great tool with huge potential

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

We implemented Spekit in conjunction with FinancialForce PSA, and it has proven to be a game changer. The fact that you can access via the Chrome extension makes it a seamless experience that removes the psychological and technical friction of having to access yet another system.

I've observed some of our users actively referring to Speks while working through FinancialForce, and that's exactly what we want.

One of the best things about Spekit is the responsiveness of their support team. They're very open to feedback and quick to help you troubleshoot issues. The first time our customer success rep told us how much he would do to help us with implementation, we all thought we heard him wrong.

Bottom line, we've very happy with this tool.

Pros

The content is easy to access, easy to edit, and the UI is efficient with a clean, modern look. Not many tools get all of those things right. And the ability to see how often people view specific Speks and how happy they are with the content is golden.

Cons

Spekit is such a great tool, it's easy to forget that it's also a pretty new tool. So there are a few quirks - like  Speks getting in your way at times, or appearing in places you don't want them (e.g., a Spek icon for "Project" might also appear in the middle of "Project Manager"). But they are very open to feedback and they're actively working to improve the product and expand its capabilities.

Kate N.

Great for growing remote team

Reviewed on 2021/01/30

Pros

What's most impactful for our team is being able to see tips, tricks and useful background for how our team uses Salesforce right within the application itself. Not having to dig up old how-to documents — that may be out of date anyway — saves a ton of time and confusion.

Cons

I think getting it installed and properly linked to my Salesforce account was a bit tricky upfront. I ended up needing to do a live screen share with our rep to get it taken care of.

That said, we also worked in a sandbox first and then had to shift Spekit to the new in-use Salesfoce environment, and I imagine that played a role. Generally, my only pain point is that sometimes the tab on the right side of the screen can be intrusive, blocking what I'm trying to view.

Allison M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Corporate Training Game Changer

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

I love Spekit!

Pros

Spekit is one of the most easily adopted programs we have used in our department. It's user friendly, robust, and has eliminated many of our issues getting training in the hands of the end user.

Cons

A sequencing feature would be great! We use many workflows. Also, timed release and republishing for Spotlights.

Elise F.

Spekit is so easy to use!

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

We integrate Spekit within Salesforce which acts as our end-all platform for all sales and continued account management.

Pros

I love how seamless the speks integrate within Salesforce and continue to be gentle reminders of the nuances of our program day to day.

Cons

The hover feature is a blessing and a curse at times. Sometimes when you hover, I get stuck looking at the spek and need to refresh the page for it to go away. This could be a Salesforce issue vs. Spekit, but nonetheless, it can be irritating at times.

Liza M.

Helpful software

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Pros

Very easy to use and helps me move things along at a quicker pace without having to tap a colleague or rely on someone else for help.

Cons

Design could be updated to look nicer/more compelling.

Victoria W.

Helpful tool for SFDC

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Pros

Spekit has made onboarding to a new agency PSA tool much easier. I like how this integrates so easily on-page for nearly any question you may have about fields, process, best practice, etc. This has saved me, and our team, tons of time having to go back to other team members with questions or finding answers in scattered, outdated documents. It's great having everything in one place, right where you need it. It's very easy to install and intuitive to use. I also like that you can give feedback right in the Spek of whether the content was helpful or not.

Cons

There are occasional minor issues where the Spekit window opens in a place where it gets in the way.

Kevin L.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

I like the versatility of this product. We were originally implementing this product for a Salesforce instance but had to change paths and the product still works great in the new software.

Cons

There are a few issues that we are having with the software while implementing to a non-Salesforce product but the team has been helpful in trying to resolve those issues.

Deb C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to learn, easy to set up.

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

Excited to have in-the-moment information available to end users. Looking forward to having it all in one place. Glad that all kinds of users will benefit (finance, sales, operations, etc.)

Cons

The only piece that wish was a bit different was more precise placement of the spek. If, for example, "Orders" shows up in five places, I may only want/need to spek in one of those places. OR if in some places the software label is "Order" and other places it says "Orders", I wish it could be one spek.

If that is currently an option, then I need to learn it. :)

Amanda B.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Spekit allowed us to learn a new platform quickly

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Pros

Spekit is super easy to navigate. Their search function makes it simple to find the "Spek" you're looking for to get a quick answer. I imagine it was a heavy lift to add all the Speks throughout our platform, but once they're in place, it's very simple for a new user to click around and learn the platform.

Cons

The side-bar flyout is placed in a location that makes it clicked on by accident pretty frequently. That can be annoying when that platform is running slowly to begin with and you're trying to navigate purposefully.

Mariana A.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Amazing for smooth transition

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Spekit has been such a lifesaver during our recent Salesforce transition! Made it smooth and easy to continue job functions without delay while training in the new platform.

Pros

I love having access to instructions and definitions on the spot. Make sit so easy to transition into a new software or train new employees.

Cons

The side bar gets in the ways sometimes even in minimized position, but not the worst con ever.