FACTS

Scholarship management software for private schools

Jenny B.

a great SIS

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

We're managing a campus with 700+ students quite easily. Some areas of the software are definitely under utilized, but the training staff is excellent! This is a one-stop shop to manage our student database, gradebooks, and online applications/enrollment.

Pros

This is great for managing our school. We have three "schools" on campus and are able to effectively manage our student information for all three using FACTS SIS. I like most that it's cloud based, so administration can access from anywhere on or away from campus.

Cons

Some of the features don't make sense to the user (such as in the steps to copy a schedule to use for the next school year, you have to "Clear Schedule" which sounds counterintuitive). Customer support can also be hit or miss.

Seth R.

Powerful software but slow to innovate and address issues

Reviewed on 2016/07/08

I've been using RenWeb for five (5) years now and have a major love/hate relationship with it. It's expensive to get started and then expensive if you want to adjust anything. Thousands to add a custom logo to the report cards. The financial account system is not GAAP compliant and their response was "we're not an accounting software company." But if you're going to have the feature then do it right. The online teacher portal is not Chrome compliant and it took four years to get the Parent Portal working on Chrome. For two years I had to tell parents to run IE in compatability mode to get it to work. RenWeb1 (theire new online portal) was announced and pused 1.5 years ago and still is not functional. They promised an Android app when we signed up five years ago (it's only 3-6 months away - they promised) . It tooke 3 years to get it functional. They are extremely slow to inovate. Their modules do not integrate well. If you put something on your lesson plans on a specific date, only certain entries can be added automatically to your classroom calendar and then your gradebook. So for many things you have enter the same information 3 or 4 times to get it to each location. This results in frustration on the teachers part and lack of use.

What keeps me with them are the tuition management module and the student (afterschool care) time clock. The student clock creates unique barcode scanner cards for authorized pickups to ensure the correct person is picking up the kids. This one feature is about the only thing that keeps me with RenWeb.

There is no Google Apps for Education integration, but according to them "it's coming soon". The last time I heard that statement, it was three years. That's not soon.

Pros

One stop shop for multiple software applications

Cons

Slow to innovate, expensive add ons, frustrating software functionality

Jamie B.

Renweb is all you need!

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

The benefits of this software are too many to list. Renweb has taught me things on the administrative side that I did not even know I needed to learn. My teachers have their classroom information organized and can make their own customized reports if needed which is a huge benefit because not all students are the same.

Pros

Having all the information for our students literally at our fingertips has been a huge advantage in moving into the digital age. We can quickly look up everything we need and it tracks it for all students and families. Having the access to personal information, tracking emails, communications, grade book and calendars all in one spot has been my favorite parts of diving into this software.

Cons

The thing I really hate is when you go to a classroom and it pops up "communication has moved". I did not go there for communication but since it is the first alphabetically on the list, this error pops up every time. I just scroll down and click grade book so it is easy to get out of it. It is just annoying that I feel like it yells at me every day when I go to that section. Small annoyance really but still annoying.

Jesse L.

RenWeb app

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I have used RenWeb for several years at my school and I'm really enjoying the new updates. It was a bit clunky before and is now quite smooth and intuitive.

Pros

RenWeb online is fantastic. The way it is graphically organized makes it very simple and intuitive to access grades, report cards, contact parents and staff, see individual student information, Etc. I'm over all very happy with the software.

Cons

The RenWeb Android app really doesn't let you do much. I can access student information and take attendance, but that's pretty much it. It's not organized terribly well and is slow as well. I look forward to an updated version in the future as they have updated their website.

Jeanne D.

Great product. This can track everything we need at school.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

We are able to track all our school families, with notes and interactions and even distant family members. It has professionalized our database management efforts at our school.

Pros

I like that flexibility of the database. It tracks families as groups, and as each individual separately. It allows me to "divorce" families and change things however I need.

Cons

Like all advanced systems, it can be cumbersome to drill down to all the levels and use all its capabilities. But whether for simple users or expert ones, it seems to accomplish everything we need at our school.

Lisa P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

RenWeb is, by far, THE BEST and most user friendly software out there for school management!

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

I have used RenWeb at several different schools I have been a part of and have yet to find it's equal. It is the best experience I have had with ANY school management software. It changed our schools for the better.

Pros

-Easy to learn and navigate
-Everything your school needs under one umbrella
-Very user friendly
-Quality and detail oriented
-Simply stated - the best decision you could make for your school

Cons

Customer Service wait times were often a bit long.

Kimberly L.

I love the new update.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

I like that I can send email to the whole school or just one grade. Posting announcements are really easy.

Pros

I like the new update and renweb one. The emailing is a lot easier and posting announcements. I am slowly learning how to use it more and more every day.

Cons

I wish there was an app for administrators to be able to post from the phone or ipad. Having to have a desktop everytime is harder to do.

Teresa W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Program for Educators

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

I feel it is very positive. I know that once I get into the program, I can do what I need to do in a timely manner.

Pros

This program is one that makes it easy to track attendance, enter grades even mass communicate with students and parents. I love the autosave feature when entering grades.

Cons

Sometimes, logging in is more diffucult than others. Sometimes when I try to log in, I get several options from which to choose and I have to choose the right one. I would think one option would display when I search Renweb and then after opening, all of the wonderful options Renweb has would be available.

Sara H.

Great customer service, intuitive use

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

We have used Facts for tracking and accepting tuition payments for our small but growing school. I find it highly user friendly, and when I wasn't sure who to handle a particular issue, the customer service was a quick call away. I have found that the customer service alone makes this a great product for tuition management. This year we also used it for Financial Aid review and grant awards. I have found that the review process for our applying families was overly strenuous and not quite as quickly moving as I would have liked.

Pros

It is easy to set-up accounts, make changes to tuition plans and add in other charges. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Slow process time for financial aid applications.

Response from FACTS Management

Sara, Thank you for taking the time to review our services! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying our tuition management system. We will work to make your school's financial aid processing quicker next year!

Benjamin T.

Simplistic, yet advanced

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Pros

This grading software is easy to use, allows teachers to easily copy assignments across multiple classes and posts homework on the web for parents to see. The smartphone app is another added bonus. It is very user friendly and works very well for an app based grading system.

Cons

There are always features that can be added and would be nice to have. For example, I would like to be able to more easily post hyperlinks in the homework section so that my students can access things on Google Drive.

Scott A.

Useful Tool for Teachers to Use

Reviewed on 2019/11/30

Pros

It's simple to access data about our students in order to send communications.

Cons

The software interface still seems very outdated by at least 10 years.

Sister dennis T.

For the most part, I feel that RenWeb is intuitive as far as Student Information Systems go

Reviewed on 2016/01/29

I have been using RenWeb since 2008-2009. Usage is generally easy as most things are rather intuitive. As the person in charge of the system for scheduling and report cards, I have come up against some issues over the years. However, the strongest feature of this program is the Customer Support. I have utilized their services on more occasions than I can remember, often because some tasks are only done once a year and are not as familiar as those done with regularity. Any time I have contacted Support, the individuals have been friendly, knowledgeable, professional and have either given me a solution immediately or have gone the extra mile to turn the problem over to programmers or other support personnel who were better able to solve the problem. I can confidently say that I have never been left without a resolution and have been the beneficiary of special instructions to fit our particular situation. The Customer Support for RenWeb is one of the strongest selling points in my estimation and I have worked with other Student Information Systems for nearly 30 years before we started using RenWeb. Keep up the great job!

Md siful I.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

School management software with accounting

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

Excellent management ,I think that without this kind of software, we can't be able to drive our any classes bus: Indus: academy.We it is a must devices for us.

Pros

Pure accounting

David C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Renweb/Facts a tool for school

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Overall, my kids information was available and easy to access. My kid's teachers were accessible. And I knew the other parents contact information so I could plan parties and what not. It was the tool to get the job of parent communication done. And it was the tool my kids school used.

Pros

It was easy to use, I could get information about my kids and connect with their teachers. Renweb worked well.

Cons

My kids school didn't use all of its features to keep us in contact. Some of the tools were hidden in layers of screens.

Lisa C.

Renweb

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

The software allows a lot of information to be stored for access for students, administration and parents. Helpful that can great folders on different topics.

Cons

Not easy to use for parents. Could use an update to the look.

Brian B.

Essential solutions for tuition management plans

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Extremely user-friendly for managing tuition payment plans.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup, use, and navigate for the first-time end user. Customer support was very friendly and supportive.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. It is very powerful and works as designed. The company also adds new features as needed.

Response from FACTS Management

Brian,
Thank you for taking the time to review our tuition management services. We're happy to hear you find the system easy to use. We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you and your school!

Kamille P.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Simple but Definitely Could Be Better

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

It was simple, didn’t have a bunch of bells and whistles.

Cons

You definitely need the administrator for everything, including changing your password or sign in. At least the version I encountered.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

very good

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

about reporting system and how record grade of students

Cons

good for management of students in school

Shiah B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Very nice software

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Great.

Pros

Seems to be easy and efficient to use. Great for parents.

Cons

Nothing not to like

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It is safe for parents and allows to see the most important academic information

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

very complete information in the academic area of the students, which allows its easy use

Pros

It allows to know the most important academic information to parents and protects the information of their children from other people

Ana R.

Wonderful, very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/01/22

All pros, no cons.

Leslie K.

Buyer's Remorse.

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Renweb is a disaster.
1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to the trouble to upload and make accessible to students and parents is ONE DAY. You read that right. You didn't know your staff would go to the trouble to upload something for just 24 hours, but that is what Renweb thinks, and refuses to change. Their default should be a one week date range. In what universe would anyone want documents to disappear in 24 hours? In the Renweb universe only. You must remember to change the date when you upload it.
2. Renweb will not set a default for any links you click within Renweb open in a new tab, claiming that is a function of your browser. But many, many websites set their links to be either pop-ups or new tabs. Renweb will not.
3. No flexibility on naming links on the website you pay them for. If you want to use Lesson Plans for Assignments, forget about naming it correctly for YOUR school. Your parents and students will have to use their pre-named tabs, whether or not that applies to your school. Forget about any customization for the big bucks you pay.
4. 'Resources' as a link name is used twice, which is very confusing to parents and students, and unnecessary, given there are many words in the English language. Why not name the Class tab for Resources, 'Documents'? Because that is what it is. Then the other Resources, in the menu column, will be distinct, and for schoolwide resources.
5. Email formatting is abysmal; some kind of primitive html form that yields automatic spacing (not visible to the sender) between paragraphs and an ugly font; there is now a Communications Beta, so perhaps that will address the sheer ugliness of their email formats.

There is much more disappointment awaiting you in the inflexible Renweb, but after spending my morning untangling yet another problem, I need to get to mission-critical tasks.
Yes, they get high marks for customer service from many users, but that customer service is necessary to compensate for all the inherent issues.

I am so sorry we invested in Renweb. Unnecessarily complicated to interface with, while yielding emails that look like they were created ten years ago. An odd combination of behind the scenes 'sophistication' with primitive-looking email communications with parents/ students.

Saves a lot of money and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Wonderful!

Pros

Working for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.

Cons

It doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Great for Finance Departments!

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Overall, would recommend.

Pros

FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is great in compiling and organizing data. Every year, we would make our financial aid application available and have families fill it out. Once the application was closed, FACTS compiled all the data and made recommendations. It was great.

Cons

A majority of the people who filled out the application (families applying for aid) were able to do so without a problem. There was, however, a portion of people who couldn’t figure it out and had issues. Just be mindful that you may receive phone calls!

Joshua P.

Renweb has been a good solution for our school

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place. This has been invaluable.

Pros

Renweb has an incredible amount of diversity. We can keep grades, behavior reports, medical info, admission paperwork, etc. all in one place.

Cons

For all the positives that Renweb provides, it is still not very user-friendly. They also totally botched the unveil of Renweb 1. Users have been in limbo for too long.