Showing 163 reviews of 138

Craftybase

Inventory management tool for US-based small manufacturers

Showing 163 reviews of 138
Lisa E.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A must for made-to-order businesses

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I couldn't run my business without craftybase. I run a jewelry shop with thousands of orders per year. I've got over 200 skus with 70 variations each and CB makes it simple to create product recipes, manufactures, and adjust inventory. There is some initial setup for variations but after that it's all automated.v taxes are a breeze with this software

Pros

-automatically imports orders from multiple channels
-automatically creates manufactures for products and decreases material stock levels
-keeps track of all my expenses
-provides tons of various reports to help during tax time
-customer service is easy to reach and always helpful

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about craftybase!

Grace P.

Big learning curve but well thought out

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I have faith that Craftybase will prove to be the right option for us. I think that once I *do* have it set up to fit our particular business, that it will be immensely helpful and far superior to the excel spreadsheets we were using.

Pros

The price point is excellent for the functions that you get in return. You can get technical support through email and they are quick to respond and very professional with their help.

Cons

Switching over from my previous inventory system to CraftyBase has been a HUGE learning curve. It's taken me so many hours of research and back and forth communication with their customer service team to try and set things up for my businesses particular situation. I'm still not properly set up after exchanging over 40 emails with them (wish they offered a tier where you could get direct phone support with an approved Craftybase consultant).

Kasia R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Amazing and a must-have for any business!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

It's been great to work with Craftybase. Their support is very responsive and provides the quality customer service it's hard to come by. One feature we just discovered was bundles and we are now are able to offer bundled products with an easy and no need for manual entry each week.

Pros

We used to use spreadsheets to keep track of our inventory and raw materials until I discovered CraftyBase. It was one of the best investments we've made. Software is super easy to use, provides many tools and features to keep track of not only inventory and materials but also orders, different locations where our products are sold. It's all-in-one type of software that any business should have.

Cons

Ability to sync to regular Amazon inventory/order system.

Response from Craftybase

Hi Kasia! Thanks for the review - you'll be pleased to hear that our Amazon integration is available for any US marketplace store, not just for Amazon Handmade :)

Melissa P.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Easy to set up and use

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Craftybase has 100% streamlined my manufacturing and supply ordering processes. I can scan through low inventory reports and know immediately what I need to purchase next.

Pros

My favorite features are supply ordering versus use breakdown ie purchase the supply by the foot and then use by the inch. The product recipe section is easy to set up and fantastic in usability. It makes tracking manufactures a breeze

Cons

I wish there was a better way to track payments. Right now it's just a check box. I would love to see a date and pay method field.

Also would love the ability to print invoices without having to download them first.

Lynne R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great inventory program for small handmade bus

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

CB is fairly easy to navigate and learn. Great customer support via email or real-time chat. I was able to run tax reports easily and keep track of inventory.

Pros

Affordable with different tiers and features. Great inventory program for small handmade business. Integrates well with e-commerce platforms and Etsy. Great response time with customer service. Web based and accessible from any computer. Ease of running different reports.

Cons

Would like to see some additional customization options with bundles/gift boxes and recipes. Would like to be able to add amounts of materials in more than one type of measurement (metric, US customary units) Also more customizations with reports

Darren J.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

How can I praise this software and company enough?

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

The best thing about working with Craftybase is the customer support. At first trying to figure the program out was rather daunting but the two owners were so very approachable and helpful in their aid they gave. They are also just two incredibly kind people who have designed great software for those of us who make things.

But maybe the thing I like most is the sheer scope of the program. It just seems to accommodate all of my needs.

Or maybe it its calculation of my COGs. I especially like that.

Get the picture? There's lots to like here.

Cons

There was one aspect of my business I was having trouble setting up in Craftybase. But then when I thought of it I had to concede that the aspect I was trying to accommodate had nothing really to do with any kind of production and therefore Craftybase wasnt even set up to accommodate this.

Samantha H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A must-have for handmade businesses!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Very positive- team is quick and responsive when issues arise. So much more than your basic business financial software- this is tailored to craft businesses and understands how they work.

Pros

Everything I need is in one place- my inventory, my product formulas, my orders, my expenses, my financial reports. I would be lost without it!

Cons

Big time investment up front inputting materials and expenses, but pays off in the long term. A bit of a learning curve and a few small functionalities missing ( it has trouble handling product bundles) but the pros far outweigh the cons for me.

Angela L.

Makes tax time a breeze!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Love it. There's no substitute.

Pros

It calculates true Cost of Goods Sold based on the cost of my inventory, including pro-rated shipping/handling fees and taxes from suppliers.

Cons

Set-up for initial makes can be time consuming, but if you do a lot of production work, the time investment is well worth it.

George C.

Craftybase works for us

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

It simplifies the process of figuring out how much to charge on a manufactured item, it basically does my taxes for me and it allows me to know what I need to restock (products or materials) with just a click or two.

Cons

It should integrate more. You have all my user data, why can't I automatically Import it into mailchimp? Why can't I create a shopping list and export it to my local online diy shop? I also can't collate my inventory on the other platforms when something sells on another - access is read only. You could do more with what you've built. Its great - it could be amazing.

Leslie D.

Excellent Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

This software has saved me money and time while keeping perfect track of inventory.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is much cheaper than similiar software.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about this software. I have had no problems and have not had to call customer service.

Robin I.

Best inventory software available

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

I find Craftybase SUPER easy to use. I make products that require multiple levels of inventory tracking, and had been looking for software to help me accomplish this for months. When I stubbed upon Craftybase, it was almost too good to be true! The software is easy to use, is detailed enough to be incredibly useful for my business, and automatically syncs with most of my sales channels. It's awesome. I can't recommend it enough.

Cons

The product variations are useful i some situations, but tricky in others. I wish I had more control over the way things are imported from the sales channels since I don't care about some aspects of those orders and do for others.

Marie D.

Amazing Software!

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

I was really looking for a solution to track raw materials and products so I can get a better (paperless!) way to track products so I can project my manufacturing schedule, and get a better idea of what products take a while to sell vs. what products sell quickly. A BIG thing I was looking for was a way to automate product pricing, to make sure that I was incorporating overhead, all materials, and MY TIME into the bottom line price.

Pros

I LOVE that I can track materials and containers in a way that automatically reduces stock when I manufacture products. No more trying to remember to manually adjust spreadsheets, or try to create my own inventory system.

Cons

Not necessarily a software specific issue, but learning a whole new "language" to understand what Manufactures, Components vs. Materials, etc was a bit of a learning curve.

Unity L.

Craftybase Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

It's been positive in all aspects.

Pros

I love how easy it is to understand, use, and implement. I like how it automatically interfaces with my sales outlets.

Cons

That they only offer a monthly pay package. It feels like a lot to continue paying month after month. I'd rather pay for the software upfront, then pay for upgrades only when I feel I can use the new features.

Chris B.

Great software, making my life easier

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Love the ability to know cogs, the reports help with my taxes too

Pros

Easy to use, not overwhelming

Cons

Nothing so far

Alison C.

I Can't Imagine Running my Jewelry Business Without Craftybase

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I honestly don't know how people can run a successful craft business without Craftybase. It is definitely well worth the money and time investment.

Pros

Craftybase not only keeps me ridiculously organized but it ensures I set my prices at a rate that covers my costs and time.

Cons

If you have a big inventory of supplies and/or products it is labour intensive to set up but it's worth it in the long run for the time it saves day-to-day

Great Potential

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

I think this program is right on the edge of being fantastic. It offers a wide range of choices for a small business and does a good job tracking basic inventory needs.

Cons

I wish it were more customize-able. I need to be able to reflect my branding in everything I do and there were some features I was looking for that weren't available.

Diana K.

Great but learning curve

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I think the price is great, and overall I'm happy with it

Pros

I really like being able to have my inventory and costs tracked efficiently

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and I still don't really feel like I have it 100%

Martine K.

Saving Grace!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I was looking for a place where I can monitor the inventory. Most important figuring out the proper retail, wholesale and consignment. Having the recipes and ideas all in one place. I also like the tips and helps. It really makes you feel like there want you to succeed.

Pros

I was able to put all my information in one place. I also like the weekly status updates. I also like how I was able to monitor all my products from all the sales channels at once.

Cons

The software is not available offline, or not available as a phone or iPad app.

Meghan D.

Very helpful, saves me so much work!

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Pros

The more I learn to use it and how to use it properly the more i find it saves me so much time and energy and is helping me better learn the ins and out of my shop!

Cons

This is most likely just because I dont take the time to read it but I find it has taken me a little bit to understand what some things are if I was ever really stuck though i could simply email them and I know that they would help me no issues

Julia C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great value for inventory and costing

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

Craftybase has been a great value for a small, handmade business like mine. It's hard to keep track of our inventory, and how much each project and product uses, plus figuring out the cost of each product. Craftybase has made it easy with fairly straightforward features.

Cons

There are a few parts of the software that are just not easy to figure out. it takes a few extra hoops to assign categories to materials, and then to sort them out. Sometimes linking manufactures to orders just doesn't work the way it's supposed to. but generally, I've seen that most of the problems I've had with the software have been lessened as the developers continue to refine and improve the product.

Keri P.

Bye Bye Spreadsheets

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I used spreadsheets for years. I hated it. It was time consuming and I really needed to automate some processes. This service allows me to easily see orders from multiple platforms, track low supplies, and not have to deal with a calculator and updating all supply numbers after every order. For anything I have set up for auto manufacture the time saved is amazing!

Pros

The ability to link my Etsy and Amazon products and orders make my life so much easier.

Cons

Entering in auto manufacturer information for each product and size is rather tedious if you have a lot of products.

Alyssa S.

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Overall, it has been a great experience. Its easy to use and works great for keeping track of all my product and finances!

Pros

I like how you can keep track of what product and how much of it is in a consignment shop.

Cons

The cost for some of the features is a little on the high side but still worth it.

Heather W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great for any size business

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

Ease of use is amazing.
Price is super competitive
Options

Cons

I thoroughly enjoy this product. It’s easy to use and reliable!

Ginny S.

Functional and extremely helpful

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

Easy to use and provides a lot of product insight.

Cons

Takes some time to set up but there are ways that they make this an easier step.

Melanie P.
  • Industry: Design

Inventory ease

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

My inventory is so in order now! No more mess at tax time!

Cons

It can be a lot of steps to set up new pieces.