Showing 308 reviews of 293

Showing 308 reviews of 293
  • Industry: Law Practice

VOIP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

General experience has been great. Our telephone spend is less than 10% of what it was with traditional phone service providers.

Pros

If you know what you are doing this offers great value for money. An initial challenge is working out the per minute pricing model for voip services. However, it is invariably way cheaper than any other phone model.

Cons

Definitely this system is NOT for the technically 'faint of heart'. You need to get your hands dirty but once you do, no problem.

Fawad C.

Voip.ms is awesome

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

We switched from an on premise to a PBX to voip.ms. It was an extremely easy transition. The moving of our DIDs, setting up our extensions, linking them to our phones, it was all very easy. Configuring the IVR, adding the voice prompts. All very easy. Support is awesome.

Pros

I have been using voip.ms for years, both at the office and at home. We have had no issues, and their support has been really good. They have been very responsive, and gave the extra support that was needed to troubleshoot any issues.

Cons

My only issue is that with the account setup, extensions are defaulted to account_extension, which is annoying but I understand it from a technical perspective.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Fawad, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer, we appreciate your honest feedback.

Mark C.

Incredible Product! Best VoIP Provider Out There!

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Managing Voice calling and voice messaging.

Pros

Incredibly great service and support.
Price is a great deal!
Tons of features!
Easy to use!

Cons

I cant think of anything. I am incredibly satisfied with VoIP.ms.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Mark, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest review!

Stephen W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Amazing Value for Money

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

I have had a great experience with VOIP.ms. I transferred my cell phone over to VOIP.ms, and saved a ton. Whenever I had a problem, I used the chat feature for help and they were able to help me figure out the issue every time, and every time the issue had to do with my setup and not the service itself. Overall, I highly recommend this service to folks, I've already signed up a few people, and they love it.

Pros

VOIP.ms provides VOIP services at an amazing price, making it the obvious choice over any other VOIP service provider. In my opinion, the top benefits are;

1) Price - this is absolutely unbeatable when compared against other options.
2) Control - all features and functionality can be completely controlled by the user.
3) Features - There are so many features included with voip.ms that there are things that I would have never even thought were possible. Call failover, online fax numbers, call attendant features are all available to me making it so that I never miss a phone call.
4) Ability to choose my own devices for making the call. By using this VOIP service, I can choose to either make or receive my phone calls through my existing cell phone, my computer or another VOIP phone of my choosing. This allows me to have various applications of the service throughout my office.

Cons

Two main cons;

1) I can't use the text features to receive MMS messages or validation codes for logging into accounts.
2) Setting everything up can get very complicated. There is an amazing wiki available, and the customer service is amazing as well which has made it possible for me to set this up on my own, but you need to be a little tech savvy to get it done.

Mike B.

Good VoIP service for technically inclinded users

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Voip.ms offers me the flexibility to route incoming calls to phones, mobiles, or voice mail depending on the caller and the time of day. It also offers cheap outgoing calls. As a small company there are many features we don't use (we don't have a call center or multiple sales agents), but I can see these would be useful if we had more staff. If you are unfamiliar with VoIP you do need some technical knowledge for set-up, but there is lots of technical support around and a useful technical support wiki.

Pros

Voip.ms offers a flexible bring-your-own-device service for Voip - which means you only pay for what you use, and you can combine their services with others if another VoIP provider provides a particular service you need or provides a better termination rate to some destinations. Once set up, there is little to administer, and it is easy to examine tor export the call detail register to look for abuse or savings.

Cons

Although incoming robocall numbers can be blocked, the mechanism for doing this is quite awkward, requiring copy and paste operations from the CDR (Call Detail Record) into another form, and adding the number to a group in a phone directory. A dedicated block list is really needed for this use case.

A feature to be aware of is that you get to choose between "Premium" and "Value" for outgoing calls, with improved service guarantees for "Premium". Both have always worked well for me, but depending upon your destination the "Premium" may sometimes be cheaper than the "Value" routing. If you make a large number of calls to international destinations, it's worth checking which routing which routing is appropriate.

Alex K.

A small business experience with VoIP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

We ported existing telephone numbers to VoIP.ms 5 years ago. We added a fax number this year. In the first year we experienced technical issues with analog telephone adapter configuration and router compatibility. We resolved this by switching internet provider as well as with online and personal support from VoIP.ms. In addition to the traditional analog telephones, we also use a 3rd party soft-phone interface that works very well.

Pros

Flexibility, price and stability are my top 3 likes about the VoIP.ms service.

Cons

At the current time there is nothing that I dislike. Five years ago, when we first started, there were technical issues. They have since been resolved with help from the excellent VoIP.ms support team.

Jean-michel D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The fastest, easiest and cheapest VoIP service, full-featured, no vendor lock-in.

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

I've been using VoIP.ms since the beginning. As a VoIP specialist, I helped many companies migrate their old phone systems. I'm also using VoIP.ms at work to test out products (Mediatrix ATAs and SBCs). Finally, I also use it at home: my 4102 ATA has one line going to my office PBX and the other has a VoIP.ms number, mostly for my kids, and when I need to make a private call.

Pros

Couldn't be more easy to setup. It takes a few minutes to create a free account, then you can easily configure your device, softphone, PBX or SBC. You can pre-pay your account with a minimum $15 Paypal payment (non-recurrent) and start making calls for less than a penny per minute. You can port your old phone number or get a new one from virtually any regional code in Canada/US and several countries around the world. It has voicemail, forwarding, IVR, sub-accounts, extensions, name it!

Cons

Seriously, it's hard to find things I don't like about VoIP.ms... About the only negative point is that the login is tied to a single mail address, and there's no notion of technical contact/admin contact, which created a few problems as an IT guy supporting several customers. There's a reseller feature, but in my case I just want to help for the initial setup and not have to deal with monthly billing.

Paul C.

Great voip provider with even better service!

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Honestly I love everything about using VoIP.ms from the platform to the product to the support. They are always there to provide support if you need it, although I rarely need it because the platform is really great and stable.

Pros

I love the fact that they are really easy to setup and use. I use it more for personal use and absolutely love how I can stay in touch with my family for a fraction of the price. Ive set it up for many family members and even provided them with simple instructions and they were able to set it up for themselves without issues.

Cons

I wish that instead of having multiple servers in the same location they had 1 customer facing server and they had multiple servers behind the scenes. That would make life easier in case there is an issue with one of the servers. Would also love if they had an iOS App that would be amazing and make life easier when making calls.

Frank Y.
  • Industry: Legal Services

I will never change from VOiP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

It's been great. The service is highly reliable and with good quality, the rates literally can't be beat, and the customer service is prompt and first-rate on the rare occasions we've needed to call on them.

Pros

Software? What software? This is a telecommunication service.

I found VOiP.ms nine years ago after our previous VOIP provider unreasonably cut off our service and refused to abide by their own terms of service after several years with them. Discovering VOiP.ms was clearly a hugely valuable consequence of all that and we have been extraordinarily happy with them over the years. As long as the company stays in existence and stays true to its strong points we'll stay with them.

Cons

Nothing, really (though again, it's not software!) It takes a little bit to set up and we've had the occasional hiccup over the years, but overall it's been an excellent and smooth experience.

Robert D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

voip.ms makes it EASY!

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Our experience has been exceptional. While everything is easy to configure there are still times when you need help and the support available form voip.ms is top-notch. I have not hit a problem that they have been unable to solve. As well, they have been able to advise me on how to tune things for maximum effectiveness with our PBX's.

Pros

The whole voip.ms system for SIP connections is very easy to configure and to plug in to our SIP PBX's. The interface makes sense, there are a lot of customizable options and it is easy to set up to meet our needs.

Cons

None that really come to mind. Everything just works for us.

Paul F.

Swiss Army Knife Of VoIP Providers

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

All in all, a nice toolset for building your own phone system. Costs are reasonable, call quality is decent, and the IVR and voicemail abilities are very good. Tech support has been responsive. If you just need a basic VoIP service, it's very easy. If you want to do complicated things, it has excellent capabilities, but you might need some tech aptitude. I use voip.ms with two other providers and obihai hardware linking it all together, but voip.ms's web-based Dashboard is my second-most valuable management tool, right after the obihai hardware itself.

Pros

Highly capable and feature-rich. Comes with iNum, and free or low-cost porting.

Cons

Difficult getting authorization to dial some countries. Learning curve can be difficult setting up some of the more complex implementations of IVR, although quite do-able. Used to work better with SIP Broker, but it seems they limited interoperability.

Kevin N.

Review of VOIP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Excellent products, features and support.

Pros

New features and options added regularly. I'm anxiously awaiting for MMS support on DID's to be released and a usable portal to be able to send and receive MMS. This is the only feature that I feel is missing at this point.

Cons

Lack of proper MMS support for DIDs and web console page for sending and receiving MMS

Eddie S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Review of VoiP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Pros

What sets VoiP.ms apart from the competitors is the fact that Asterisk is built-in and a separate PBX server is not needed. Can't beat the price either.

Cons

Would like Stripe integrated for resellers. Would like a phone provisioning interface to manage phones. Would like a white label mobile app for extensions.

Kris S.
  • Industry: Printing

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Over the years, we've added several numbers through here and keep doing so for simplicity and efficiency. Quick to provision and acquire - even ports in have been a breeze lately.

Pros

Very easy to set up and manage with good controls on use, coupled with great pricing and a very responsive support staff. What else can you want - oh yes - great quality on calls - which VoIP.ms delivers on as well!

Cons

I think my only "wish-list" item would be the ability to send a fax to multiple recipients by using an email form with the fax as an attachment, and the numbers to send to as a list in the body of the email.

Bill W.

They offer the best value in VoIP space

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Getting the most value for the money you invest is important and VoIP.ms has been helping me save thousands of dollars a year for seven or eight years. They have helped walk me through many phone upgrades and feature customizations and I recommend them to all business associates I know. Hands down the best out there if you're not intimidated by setting up your own devices.

Pros

It has nearly all the features of the large platforms without recurring monthly fees because you only pay for the minutes you use and the phone numbers they provide to you.

Cons

You have to configure all your devices and yet you only need to do that once and you're done, plus their tech support is so helpful you'd think they are on your staff.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Bill, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest review.

Sebastien B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Voip is good quality call for fair price

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

We did change our analog lines and get better line quality at a fraction of the cost

Pros

only pay for what you use
the voip team help implement if requested.
the system can be deploy in minutes for a complete new web based voip system.

Cons

somes communication doesnt makes through when communicating with other ip solution now solved yet 1 number out of more than 1000

Martin T.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Telephony accessible for all projects

Very good.
For all the projects I installed on Voip.ms, I seldom had issues with the service or the configuration. Technical support is great, in multiple languages.
Invoicing is simple and can be produced by client. No special requests needed.

Pros

I appreciated the simplicity of use and the various configurations possible for my clients. It can be used on a strong PBX and on a simple IP phone. In all conditions, the service is stable and predictable.

Cons

Failover options for inbound calls. i.e. having the option to reroute to another Voip.ms server (on another site).
Changes in Voip's standard configurations are not announced

Robert M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Virtual voice solution

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Best voip provider I have dealt with

Pros

Routes calls to wherever I am, including landlines and mobile phone
Pushes voicemail to my email inbox (I never have to check voicemail)
Can place inexpensive outgoing international calls using softphones
Multiple inward phone numbers from different cities
Incoming lines and minutes are very affordable
Reliable, Canada-based service

Cons

Some of the features require an investment of time to figure out, but that reflects the complexity of voip in general, voip.ms tries to make it as easy as possible

Andrew Y.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Awesome service at a reasonable price!

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

In being a customer for 3 - 4 years, they have always been very helpful and continue to impress me with new features, services, and integrations.

Pros

VOIP.ms is one of the best VOIP providers I have used. In addition to being very cost effective, they provide scores of PBX features at no extra cost. Best of all, they are always adding new features and continue to raise the bar for a value priced service.

Cons

In years past, there were some minor reliability issues, but they are truly striving for perfection and have attained a nearly flawless level of service in terms of call completion.

Saleem N.

VOIP.MS is a low cost and easy solution for your telephone switchboard needs

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

set up was easy and quick, and you can get started in a matter of minutes. Adding new numbers or deleting old numbers, or making changes are easy to do and quick. Customer support was quick to help and respond with any new issues I had, and helped me resolve it quickly. And you just cant beat the pricing of this service!

Pros

easy to set up new numbers with different city area codes
easy to set up toll free numbers
easy to create and set up virtual receptionist that forwards callers based on their selection

Cons

can be a bit overwhelming at fist as there are so many advance features
somewhat hard to find a simple report that shows costs vs funded balance

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Saleem, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest review!

Edward S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

VoIP.ms is the cat's meow!

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Very satisfied. Have reduced my telecom expenses by over 50 percent, while increasing the functionality available to users.

Pros

Very reliable VoIP operation. Very responsive and knowledgeable support. Easy to deploy and use in North America and Europe among other places.

Cons

Some of the implementation instructions on their Wiki depict hardware with dated software and firmware versions. They could make an increased effort to update these instructions.

Gerald C.

Great value for technically strong users

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

we switched to VOIP.ms from a way more expensive platform that charged for everything. we get the same features on this platform and save more than 50% off the other platform.

Pros

The platform has all the features of other platforms, at a way cheaper price

Cons

it's not for the faint of heart! you should be technically strong to figure out how to setup the features you need or want

Pavneet S.

A great choice

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

It is very good value for the money.

Pros

There are many features that I like e.g. Interactive Voice Response or IVR and how easy it is to set it up. I also like the ability to change the IVR based on timings. I also use Queue feature to ring simultaneously to multiple devices including iPhone. Every configuration has help button clearing explaining the function of each option within the configuration. Very nice web interface.

Cons

The sound quality sometimes suffers and needs to improve. We also see calls get disconnected at times though it happens rarely.

Pierre L.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Good Price with good Support

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

In the overall, I really happy with voip.ms, it allow me to get more business by reselling their service and it allow me to same money for my own phone

Pros

I like that there is a lot of fonctionnallity, I can do almost anything I want and it's relatively easy to use

Cons

It's not super easy to understand how the system work, especially for someone like me that do not know everithing about voip. I would like to be able to speak to someone sometime

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Pierre, thank you for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest feedback!