VoIP.ms Reviews

Business Phone and IP telephony system

Andrei
Andrei
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

very good and customizable VoIP service

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Very good overall experience. Responsive customer support. They keep improving the system and adding new features on a regular basis. The outages are rare and far between and until now there was no full outage, just regional or local ones.

Pros

VoIP.ms provide the full features you can expect from an entreprise phone system mixed with many features you expect from your mobile carrier.

You can configure extensions, call waiting, trunk lines, hunting lines, call attendants, schedules and also have voice mails delivered to your email, SMSes delivered by email, on their portal or in your VoIP app.

They support wide-band and narrow-band codecs.

Your call setup and voice are encrypted (SRTP and SIP TLS), so you can safely take a phone call from almost anywhere without the need to route your call via a VPN.

Support for porting both mobile and land-lines Canadian DIDs. Points-of-Presence in North America and Europe.

Cons

Firstly I should mention that this provider is best for advanced users, as the setup can quickly become overly complex for regular, non-IT persons.

Once you are all setup, there are couple of limitations that are getting to be quite annoying after using them for a while:

1) no MMS support (not even a notification for either the sender or the receiver that the MMS is not delivered)
2) no support for receing SMS from short numbers (so you will not be able to receive your security confirmation codes unless the sender using full 10-digit DIDs)

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Andrei, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest review!

• Industry: Law Practice

VOIP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

General experience has been great. Our telephone spend is less than 10% of what it was with traditional phone service providers.

Pros

If you know what you are doing this offers great value for money. An initial challenge is working out the per minute pricing model for voip services. However, it is invariably way cheaper than any other phone model.

Cons

Definitely this system is NOT for the technically 'faint of heart'. You need to get your hands dirty but once you do, no problem.

Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing VoIP.ms

Move to voip was the initial driving factor. Initially tried Vonage but this system provided more enhanced features and control.

Ease of use and prices.
Nigel

Lost trust

Reviewed on 2023/07/08

Without warning, we were charged 40c a minute for our calls instead of 1c a minute as had been for many years previously. Furthermore the customer support was terrible, and did not consider it a complaint, merely stating it was someone else's responsbility.So we switched all our calls to another provide that still charges in the 1-2c range.

Pros

We have been using VOIP.MS for well over 10 years. Until recently it was (a) value for money and (b) highly functional.

Cons

Failure to inform us of a forty-fold increase in price.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Nigel,

We want to thank you for your honest feedback, it is essential to us, and we take your concerns seriously. We truly value your loyalty over the years and regret that we fell short of your expectations this time.

We understand your frustration and assure you that our team is working diligently to continue to be the most cost-effective VoIP provider, even though we don't have complete control of rates.

If you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected]. We are committed to providing the best service possible and would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust.

Brendan

Great Service with Ease

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

They have helped many times where there are difficulties. It works great for our office.

Pros

I love the simplicity of their platform. Its easy to setup and get going right away. They provide guides for those who need them and they also help out where they can for your own platforms.

Cons

I think they could update the backend side a bit more for ease of use but otherwise it works.

Reasons for Choosing VoIP.ms

Their system was complicated and confusing and they did not provide any support in implementation.

They were not helpful.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Brendan, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer, we appreciate your honest feedback.

Andrew
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Saved money and got better service

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

I would never consider using another provider. The VoIP space has a lot of companies that mark up the near-zero cost of PSTN connectivity, charging outrageous per-user fees, billing for services you don't care about or use.

VoIP.ms has built an incredible automated platform that is designed to reduce costs without sacrificing availability, and then passes those savings on to their customers.

I've worked with companies that reduced their expense on phone service by a factor of 20 by switching to VoIP.ms. No one ever leaves this service.

Pros

Flat rates for DIDs. Per-minute pricing with per-second billing. Self-service. Lowest prices. Great documentation. Rock-solid uptime. Cost only goes down.

Cons

Some features can be difficult to use. Options are open-ended, and the best configuration for you is likely to be a matter of opinion. Support is typically email-only.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Andrew, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest review!

Viop.ms Benefits

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Perfect fit for my home, and office, even for my customer.
Well document configuration manual.
and...

Perfect fit for my home, and office, even for my customer.
Well document configuration manual.
and lots of feature right off the provider side, I have a few customer that just needs a conditional forwarder, and I was able to set it up right from Voip.ms no need for PBX.

Pros

The part that I liked the most about this software is the reselling portal, just make it so easy to setup a new account and start belling them for their usage.
All the basic feature are there for setup a call forward or a fail-over is the PBX goes down.
super low rate! as low as 0.009 per minute.

Cons

Only offer pay per use on outbound call. not such a big deal since their rate are so low.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest review!

Peter

Fast and reliable VoIP service

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

We are able to finally offer our clients more reliable VoIP services through Voip.MS.

Pros

A very flexible and reliable service. They offer support for IAX trunking, which is very rare in our industry. Their online support is very fast and helpful! The best part of their service is that we never have any issues, and most importantly, no lost inbound calls!

Cons

Their interface is a bit complex, and could be simplified; but, doesn't take long to learn how to use it effectively.

Michael

Clunky interface but otherwise phenomenal service

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

We were able to successfully deploy 25+ VOIP phones, replacing a network of Verizon cellphones. Thanks to voip.ms' service, the equipment paid for itself in less than 2 months.

Pros

Service is no-frills; it just works. The price-point is unbeatable.

Cons

It takes a little while to get used to the UI but it's an easily-overcome obstacle. It's screaming out for a friendlier non-technical interface. Additionally, voicemail transcription is a lacking feature.

Asterisk, Vonage Business Communications and Twilio

Cost and simplicity

Reasons for Switching to VoIP.ms

Easier to deploy than Asterisk and Twilio. Less expensive than Vonage and Comcast.
Kevin

New and Happy User

Reviewed on 2023/06/03

It enabled me to switch from Ooma essentially without much effort and is easy to learn. I am decent with technology, but at the same time am not a IT worker. I was quickly able to figure out how to set up the different parts of their system, and their support team is extremely responsive.

Pros

Their videos and wiki make using it easy. And they have a rich feature set.

Cons

I think that more of a GUI interface would help, and being able to save profiles when creating different sub accounts to make that go faster.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Kevin! Thank you for your amazing review! We couldn't be happier to hear that you had a positive experience with our service. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us as we strive to exceed our customers' expectations.

Addison
  • Industry: Accounting

Great all in one VOIP product & host

Excellent, great ROI.

Excellent, great ROI.

Pros

The crystal-clear call quality and seamless connectivity have truly transformed my communication. Their user-friendly interface and reliable service make staying connected a breeze. Highly recommended for anyone seeking top-notch VoIP services!

Cons

Time to port, not at the fault of VOIP.ms but my carrier I was porting from.

Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Skype

Reasons for Switching to VoIP.ms

Price was perfect and undercuts the competition with more features, couldn't ask for more.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Addison, Thank you for the fantastic review! Our team is delighted to hear such positive feedback.

Andrew
  • Industry: Building Materials

VOIP.ms - Only missing one thing MMS

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Pros

1) Excellent Pricing - yeah there are places that are cheaper but they come with contracts and minimums.
2) Expansive Wiki - for integration with various platforms.

Cons

My biggest want is MMS support we're tired of giving out personal cell numbers so people can text us pictures

Reasons for Choosing VoIP.ms

Bill that kept going up and a lack of features

CenturyLink

Better Pricing
Fawad

Voip.ms is awesome

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

We switched from an on premise to a PBX to voip.ms. It was an extremely easy transition. The moving of our DIDs, setting up our extensions, linking them to our phones, it was all very easy. Configuring the IVR, adding the voice prompts. All very easy. Support is awesome.

Pros

I have been using voip.ms for years, both at the office and at home. We have had no issues, and their support has been really good. They have been very responsive, and gave the extra support that was needed to troubleshoot any issues.

Cons

My only issue is that with the account setup, extensions are defaulted to account_extension, which is annoying but I understand it from a technical perspective.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hi Fawad, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer, we appreciate your honest feedback.

Stephen
  • Industry: Online Media

Amazing Value for Money

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

I have had a great experience with VOIP.ms. I transferred my cell phone over to VOIP.ms, and saved a ton. Whenever I had a problem, I used the chat feature for help and they were able to help me figure out the issue every time, and every time the issue had to do with my setup and not the service itself. Overall, I highly recommend this service to folks, I've already signed up a few people, and they love it.

Pros

VOIP.ms provides VOIP services at an amazing price, making it the obvious choice over any other VOIP service provider. In my opinion, the top benefits are;

1) Price - this is absolutely unbeatable when compared against other options.
2) Control - all features and functionality can be completely controlled by the user.
3) Features - There are so many features included with voip.ms that there are things that I would have never even thought were possible. Call failover, online fax numbers, call attendant features are all available to me making it so that I never miss a phone call.
4) Ability to choose my own devices for making the call. By using this VOIP service, I can choose to either make or receive my phone calls through my existing cell phone, my computer or another VOIP phone of my choosing. This allows me to have various applications of the service throughout my office.

Cons

Two main cons;

1) I can't use the text features to receive MMS messages or validation codes for logging into accounts.
2) Setting everything up can get very complicated. There is an amazing wiki available, and the customer service is amazing as well which has made it possible for me to set this up on my own, but you need to be a little tech savvy to get it done.

tim

great voip service - aimed at technical consumers more than 'end users' to some extent

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

voip MS is stable / good service. I started using it for my own business use primarily, and then over a period of 5 years I have deployed numerous clients onto VOIP system built around VoipMS platform, with me acting as the service provider/reseller. It is possible to offer a good quality service, with reasonable markup, and still give clients a phone system offering that is *FAR* less expensive than traditional telco or 'standard modern voip system pricing' even. ie, most 'big' voip providers who sell direct to consumers, tend to sell for a much higher price point.

Pros

features are good, price point is very good, they keep adding new features gradually as time passes. The core PBX is sufficiently feature rich to use for modest size deployments (20-ish handsets) and if you need something bigger/fancier then just deploy a PBX Cloud Hosted VM and use VoipMS as your sip trunk provider to feed service to your custom PBX. Support team is responsive to email support queries. Overall the offering is excellent value. Once deployed it tends to "just work" very consistently / reliably.

Cons

learning how to use the web-admin interface is a bit confusing at first, but once you learn it - it is lean, efficient, easy to use. there are occasional drop calls or call quality issues, but these are very infrequent and most often have to do with problems 'client side' (ie, Busy LAN at client site > congestion > can cause poor call quality if the client site firewall is not setup to do QoS suitable for triaging Voip traffic above other traffic). So this is not a problem with VoipMS so much as a problem with 'insufficiently well configured client sites' or 'sites which lack adequate ISP bandwidth' etc.

Response from VoIP.ms

Thank you very much Tim. We truly appreciate your honest feedback!

Trevor
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Very happy with VoIP.ms. Would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 2023/09/02

Overall, I would highly recommend VoIP.ms to anyone looking for a reliable and affordable VoIP provider. I have been using them as the primary VoIP provider for my business and several of my clients' businesses for over 10 years. I have been very impressed with the reliability of their service, as well as the speed, knowledge, and professionalism of their customer support. The few times that I have had to contact customer support, I have always received responsive, helpful, efficient, and courteous assistance -- even outside of business hours or on weekends.My clients are in a variety of industries and range in size from SoHo to mid-sized businesses to large multinationals. With both flat rate and pay-as-you-go plans, VoIP.ms's pricing flexibility and low rates allow me to find a plan that fits each situation's particular needs.

Pros

Highly reliable serviceCompetitive pricingWide range of featuresFull LNP support with free port-inExcellent customer supportEasy-to-use web interfaceGlobal network of serversE911CNAM LookupVirtual FaxYouTube videos to help get you startedExtensive online documentation via their Wiki

Cons

Online CDR searching could be more robust (graphing and configurable display options would be great)

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello Trevor, your positive review means the world to us. Thanks for being an amazing customer!

Jeff
Jeff
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great affordable and reliable VoIP service with top-notch customer service via Chat

Reviewed on 2022/08/17

Our experience with VoIP.ms has been top notch and in fact, we have been customers of theirs for over 10 years, both for the office and at home. In fact, all our employees have switched to VoIP.ms for their home phones, which says a lot...

Pros

VoIP.ms is packed with every feature you will ever need... and more! In fact, VoIP.ms has so much functionality that we're presently evaluating the option of getting rid of our PBX VoIP server by implementing its functionalities into VoIP.ms. Our company being made up of multiple home offices, this would eliminate the need for every phone system to call the home server for BLF's and messages...

Cons

The only negative point we can think of is that the "learning curve" to set-up a VoIP system for someone that has never done it and is not very knowledgeable of VoIP concepts can be a bit daunting. VoIP.ms has excellent Wiki pages for pretty much every well-known VoIP device out there and I've been able to walk through the set-up many of my employees/friends with no VoIP experience in less than 5 minutes so I would recommend to any neophyte to just read through the Wiki pages.

Response from VoIP.ms

Thank you for your feedback Jeff. We take pride in being the most feature-rich VoIP provider in the market. We appreciate your business!

Peter
  • Industry: Entertainment

All that we need for our consumer/home/mobile needs

Reviewed on 2023/08/23

Glitches aside, we're very happy with VoIP.msPlease note that in some countries (e.g. Egypt) VoIP services will be blocked so one needs to have an alternative telephony solution while traveling in some parts of the world.

Pros

I love that VoIP.ms allows me to manage the service myself. From installing my own voip gateway to configuration, I can set it up as I wish.The API is a big deal as well as it enabled us to write a SMS/MMS interface application that meets our specific needs. We use VoIP.ms as our main home phone line, and on two mobile devices as our only telephony application. We do not subscribe to any traditional cellular phone services and save a ton of money.

Cons

The SMS/MMS service can not receive messages from certain providers/numbers. This can make it impossible to receive 2-factor authentication from some services (for example, some banks will simply not send a SMS message to a VoIP number).Call quality is sometimes wanting. In general voice calls still route better over traditional cellular voice lines and handoff between cells is seamless whereas when using VoIP on a data connection, it seems that data does get interrupted resulting in a choppy or dropped call on occasion.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Peter, We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Alex

A small business experience with VoIP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

We ported existing telephone numbers to VoIP.ms 5 years ago. We added a fax number this year. In the first year we experienced technical issues with analog telephone adapter configuration and router compatibility. We resolved this by switching internet provider as well as with online and personal support from VoIP.ms. In addition to the traditional analog telephones, we also use a 3rd party soft-phone interface that works very well.

Pros

Flexibility, price and stability are my top 3 likes about the VoIP.ms service.

Cons

At the current time there is nothing that I dislike. Five years ago, when we first started, there were technical issues. They have since been resolved with help from the excellent VoIP.ms support team.

Shawn

Cost effective solution for small nonprofit

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Staff phones for a small church that typically are not used enough to justify landline costs, or other VOIP offerings. VOIP.ms took our annual bills from hundreds of dollars to tens of dollars.

Pros

Low cost phone calling. Relatively easy setup.

Cons

There are so many features and options that it can be a bit intimidating for a novice who only needs a simple setup. Once I got thru the initial learning curve, it's been great ever since. In my specific use case, I think it might be good if there was a simpler, scaled down interface such that I could delegate admin to someone else, but I also understand the value of one common interface for all.

Asterisk

to save money

cost and fit for need

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Shawn, Your feedback motivates us to keep improving our services, thank you!

Jonathan
  • Industry: Computer Networking

VOIP.ms Helps Our Business Excel

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Fortress IT Solution LLC has had an amazing experience with the VOIP.ms team. The customer support team is always helpful and always available should you need them.

Pros

VOIP.ms is extemely easy to use. The many features such as: Call Encryption, Call Conference, Call Detail Reocrds, Busy Lamp Field (BLF), Call Forwarding, Call Hunting, Call Parking and Digital Fax are just of the few features we love, that we are able to pass on to our clients.

Cons

One thing that we would like to see improvement in the extension system settings.

SkySwitch

Easy of Use and Price Point

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Jonathan, We're grateful for your feedback. It's customers like you who helps us to improve.

Patrick

Huge savings and great features compared to legacy POTS line(s)

Reviewed on 2023/06/02

Overall this has been an excellent service and huge value for the $.

Overall this has been an excellent service and huge value for the $.

Pros

At first this was implemented to simply replace one POTS line. However, as we grew a bit and added a couple of remote workers this service has been fantastic. Anywhere that an employee or I can get a decent Internet connection, we can make and receive calls. We use a mix of hard IP phones (used Ciscos) and Zoiper on our Android devices. And the cost is fantastic! We were paying over $100 per month for a single POTS line and having to pay for long distance. That one payment now lasts us over a year of usage on VOIP.ms. Plus we get more features: SMS, voicemail, virtual assistant.

Cons

It is a bit complex to figure out how to setup the system. I'd also like to be able to use the web portal to upload and send text messages to my customers during emergencies. But they don't support that feature.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Patrick! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! Your generous words about our service have made our day. If there's anything else we can do to enhance your experience, please let us know. Thank you for your support!

Dave

Excellent full-featured VoIP service for people with technical experience.

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Great overall experience. There is one customer service agent who is ALWAYS unfriendly and often gives conflicting information - but you'll rarely have to use customer service.There is decent billing and call logging.The most important thing to me is call quality. I use their value routing level and it works great.I've recommended it to several people I know -- all but 1 continue to use it to this day (the 1 person found it too hard to get technically in place)

Pros

I started using this service because it was cheap. Overtime I've fallen in love with the flexibility of the system, especially the flexible rules for routing and IVR. As an added bonus, I've essentially stopped all junk phone calls with a mixture of a call routing rule and an IVR.You can basically do anything with the service.

Cons

This is not a service for your grandma to setup - you will want technical experience. They do have a pretty extensive documentation database, but you still need to put in the work.

Response from VoIP.ms

We're thrilled to be your go-to VoIP service provider. Thanks for the positive review!

Satisifed VOIP.ms Customer for Many Years

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

VOIP.ms powers all of our company's phone services including call center and individual extensions.

Pros

VOIP.ms is a very affordable, highly configurable, full-featured VOIP provider. They are compatible with all major equipment providers and soft phones and once setup, everything is easy to use and reliable.

Cons

There is a learning curve to configuring various services.

RingCentral MVP and Ooma Office

Reasons for Switching to VoIP.ms

Cost, lack of equipment lock in

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello! We're honored by your review. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about our services!

Frank
  • Industry: Legal Services

I will never change from VOiP.ms

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

It's been great. The service is highly reliable and with good quality, the rates literally can't be beat, and the customer service is prompt and first-rate on the rare occasions we've needed to call on them.

Pros

Software? What software? This is a telecommunication service.

I found VOiP.ms nine years ago after our previous VOIP provider unreasonably cut off our service and refused to abide by their own terms of service after several years with them. Discovering VOiP.ms was clearly a hugely valuable consequence of all that and we have been extraordinarily happy with them over the years. As long as the company stays in existence and stays true to its strong points we'll stay with them.

Cons

Nothing, really (though again, it's not software!) It takes a little bit to set up and we've had the occasional hiccup over the years, but overall it's been an excellent and smooth experience.

Rob
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Solid VoIP provider with great features at reasonable prices.

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

VoIP.ms has been one of those services that we set up many years ago and except for minor tweaks to how it is configured to adapt to changing business processes on our end has been entirely a set it and forget it type of service. It just works day-in and day-out.

Pros

Setup was quick and easy with instructions provided for most VoIP gateways, with many trunking locations to ensure low latency and jitter free connections. Number porting and call routing is intuitive and quickly performed.Pricing is very competitive and has significantly reduced our costs.

Cons

The interface site is dated and not up to modern UI standards. This is a minor gripe as the functionality is all there, and can be easily found which far outweighs “pretty UI’s” that lack functionality.

Response from VoIP.ms

Hello, Rob, we're overjoyed to hear you're satisfied with our service. Thank you for the feedback!