Intercept X Endpoint

Endpoint protection software for security analysts

4,5
Industry: Automotive

Sophos Intercept X

Reviewed on 2020/01/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Best Antivirus on the market i really like it and i am very glad that we decided this over others.

Pros

Best Antivirus Software i ever used, the administration console it is very intuitive and easy to use, you have a lot of alerts and as a plus you have a web filter.

Cons

i really can find a Con, what i can say that i really dont like but i understand why is working that way , when you have restricted policies for external devices (usb , printers ) and you need to use one, the process to approve a usb device it is tricky and complicated.

Steven M.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to deploy inclusive protection

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

The software was very easy to install and configure. We have not had any issues with viruses or malware. We also have not had anything flagged by other solutions we have tested alongside Intercept X.

Pros

For such a sophisticated software approach it was surprising how low a footprint Intercept X was on our computers and networks.

Cons

The concept of non-database driven antivirus/antispyware solutions takes some time to wrap your (and others) heads around, but once you look into the process it is quite impressive.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

All-in-One endpoint protection at low price

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

You don't notice that the client is running.
All rules ares stablished from it´s central web administrative console and are deployed almost instantly.

Pros

DLP(Data Lost Prevention) features are useful and easy to implement on workstations
Useful Web application filter to implement specific rules to users and/or equipments
Lighweight client

Cons

It has by default some web site urls locked, that aren´t considered as risk sites, so you have to disable this rules to allow the access.

Matth G.

We haven't had any trouble, I guess Sophos is working? :-)

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

The great thing is our users don't get interfered by working while being fully protected. I think it's nice that we can enable device control. There are a lot of external people coming in and without some overview of what they connect to our devices we would've probably gotten in trouble a lot if it wasn't for Sophos

Cons

We've contacted the customer support a few times and I feel this isn't on par with the security the software gives. We get an exhausting list of things to try to fix the problem but when it doesn't there isn't a real followup.. We end up testing ourselves or finding the fix online.

Tom Y.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

No more Virus

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

I have been happy with Sophos and it has been on of the pieces of Anti-Virus software that has required the least maintenance and attention.

Pros

It's great for me as a user. Easy install with a installation package and easy to maintain. I basically don't have to do anything and any update is automatic. I can run the scan manually but it's also done automatically. The ease is perfect and I don't have to use any time within the application. I can ask IT to run the automatic scan at a different time and create a policy for you as the scan do take a lot of cpu.

Cons

The scan is pretty heavy on the machine but you can get around it with policies. I have asked IT to run the scan during lunch. It's working like a charm besides the heavy CPU usage.

Tim T.

Protects our end-users without interfering with their daily work. Catches more than previous product

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Catches more malware and PUPs than our previous antivirus product by far!

Pros

Sophos Central's cloud management makes for a much better experience than hosting our own management server internally. Our users get their definition updates from anywhere as long as they have Internet, and the endpoints report back in if they run into any trouble or malware. We know if someone picks up a virus or if their computer stops getting updates or if they call out of configuration compliance through automatic emails from the system, so are able to take corrective action right away.

Cons

Since the management server is in the cloud, it cannot do automatic deployments of the software to our endpoints. You either have to install it manually or have software deployment solution from another source. That being said, its command-line installation options are super easy.

Dave B.

The complete package

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Overall security to make sure people do not do things they are not suppose to, and people are not trying to get into the network that shouldn't be.

Pros

Sophos products simply just work, and they work well. I have nothing to fear with Intercept X installed on machines. The great thing is, it ties into the Sophos firewalls, so if anything happens, the firewall can isolate that machine.

Cons

Nothing... no negatives about this software at all. Sophos has the complete package.

Annick M.
Company size: Self Employed

Great antivirus for my Mac(s)

Reviewed on 2017/03/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

All in all very happy and I highly recommend Sophos.

Pros

I have been using Sophos for more than 7 years now and have it installed on all my Macs. Easy to use, easy to install, great protection.

Cons

Since last year I have started experiencing trouble when backing up my Macs. Somehow there seems to be an cpompatility problem between Sophos and Timemachine and when backing up, I need to turn off scanning and live protection to make sure it goes quick. If it's not turned off, Time Machine announces a backup time of sometimes 120 hours.

Ivan V.
Industry: Food Production

We are using Sophos Endpoint Protection for a couple of years and yes it keep us out of trouble

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

Sophos Endpoint Protection is very easy to use product with management console in the cloud. Easy to use - applying policy's to all users has never been easier. The endpoint protection is not signature based but behavior based solution. It can catch zero-day threats.

Cons

We had few machines with outdated software - with Windows XP and we cannot use the Sophos protection on those.

Dan B.

SOPHOS Endpoint Protection

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Pros

This is a great product, we have been using it internally for some time now. We also added the following two add on's. Intercept X, anti-ransomware and EDR. Very powerful Trio Also running it on our servers.

Cons

A little ramp-up time, but very easy to install and maintain from Sophos central, you can also run updates and scans from Central.

Patrick M.
Industry: Insurance

Full suite of protection tools. Not just anti-virus, it's more.

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Full protection suite, when it works correctly, is amazing at it duties. But if it breaks, it is almost impossible to remove.

Pros

Sophos Cloud based management tool makes it easily accessible. Sophos reverse-engineers a program before it runs to see if it malicious.

Cons

Customer support for the product is the worst I have ever seen. Weeks would go by between responses on tickets. I told to white-list Office EXEs to allow Hitman.Pro to not block them. Had to reformat 2 machines because the software did not install/uninstall correctly.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Elan W.
Industry: Legal Services
Company size: Self Employed

A great "second opinion" security option.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Ease of use and security

Pros

1) Ease of use; 2) Offers a variety of options and customizations; 3) Does not usually interfere with other security programs or platforms.

Cons

1) It rarely picks up false positives and intercepts other, legitimate security programs or platforms such as Symantec/Norton Internet Security.

Industry: Banking

Great Option for Regulated Businesses

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Sophos allows me as an IT Administrator to get good reports and monitor my network efficiently. I am able to customize certain program restrictions, etc. right from the management console and have the updated paramaters applied to every computer, including laptops not currently on the network.

Cons

The software is more expensive compared to other options, but I do enjoy that I can pay monthly rather than prepaying for 1+ years of use.

Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great End point protection!

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Experience has been great. This was a much needed upgrade from their previous product.

Pros

Intercept X has been an outstanding endpoint protection platform for our organization. It is a very much needed upgrade over the previous Sophos endpoint product.

Cons

So far our experience has been great with this product. We haven't run into any issues. Looking forward to continued protection this product provides.

Tim D.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Fully Protected

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Very happy with this company. Plan to stay with them long term!

Pros

Shophos is a very secure virus protection. We have had an extremely good service record since moving to Sophos!

Cons

Can't think of a thing! Maybe a little better name recognition??

Pascal P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

advanced software showing how anti virus has and will evolve

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Pros

it is the perfect mix of user friendly but very strong and extensive software. The market never stands still, but for me the innovations sophos takes with the Intercept X are a trustworthy way to keep me calm about ramsonware

Cons

it is just the price and maybe the obvious way that Sophos wants you to pay for their whole security plan, which even impairs the development

Jesse P.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Sophos

Reviewed on 2018/06/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Great protection over your computers. Specially if you have a large corporate setting or School District.

Cons

Can be expensive per license. We've experienced a lot of alert notifications that are a part of known issues that haven't been resolved.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Construction
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Sophos Endpoint protection is just OK.

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Endpoint is simple to sue, and does a good job. If you have the on prem or cloud solution for end point, both do the job.

Cons

Sophos support is not great. Unless you specifically ask to have you cases escalated will they escalate it.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Seth F.

Use Sophos for firewall protection.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Well, for as long as I've used it, I haven't had any network problems. We have been very happy with it.

Cons

Our IT firm recommended it and so they manage all the administration. As of now we have nothing negative to say about it

Dijana K.
Industry: Higher Education

Security platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

It is installed on my computer, runs in the background and protects my laptop

Pros

Sophos provides a full protections from all online and offline threats. No expert here, but ever since it was installed on my device, I haven't had any problems at all

Cons

I used to have problems with viruses in the past, but after Sophos was installed, everything has been fine.

Sophos Endpoint Protection review

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

Pros

Management interface is simple and easy to use and rogue USB malware propogation, and data leak.

Cons

Sophos product works well in our organization but technical support is too low and works too slowly in my opinions.

Industry: Law Practice

Strong and Easy to Manage End to End Security

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Moving from another system was extremely easy as Intercept has a simple implementation and is a lightweight option to use for managing multiple endpoints. A strong defense against ransomware.

Other great features include - cloud-based central management, modern UI, integration with other SOPHOS products.

Cons

Support has been lacking from time to time, can take multiple hops up the chain before getting the answer you need.

Kevin M.
Industry: Computer Networking

Sophos Endpoint is one of the best endpoint solutions out there!!!

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

I have used Sophos for many years and I think they have one of the best endpoint solutions out there for small and large businesses.

Pros

It is easy to use and setup and it has great functional use.

Cons

None

Great antivirus

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Very thorough antivirus and this is the one we use for our business to do our virus cleaning. The company had several clients and we had use this for many of our users.

Cons

Not much issues with this software. It is not as advertised as heavily as the others though so it is quite a bit unknown.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Cost effective endpoint and email antivirus solution

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

We switched from previous antivirus solution in our company, in an effort to find a cost-effective option. For the past 6 month of usage, no issues whatsoever, no complains from the employees, and our assets are protected.

Pros

Ratio between cost and features, while keeping the employee experience on the same level.

Cons

Just a delay that was noticed in the email processing, where internal mails come with slight delays, but nothing major.