Showing 12 800 reviews of 12 367

WhatsApp

Real-time customer communications management software

Showing 12 800 reviews of 12 367
Roberto antonio C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very nice, but it can be improved yet...

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Communications are very fluent, the problems can be effectively attended and solved in a really short time thanks to its capacity of sending media, which makes easier to understand the situation and bring solutions. With WhatsApp, I have been able to effectively work for diverse projects located in other countries.

Pros

It is very very very easy to use. Absolutely portable and practical. It solves a lot of communication and data transmission instantly; no matter if you are on the other side of the planet, if you have an internet connection, you will be able to send and receive any kind of information only seconds after its release.

Cons

I would like to have the possibility of installing a version for Desktop/laptop computer or iPad/tablet, obviously still linked to my phone number, but with no dependence on the on/off/internet connection status of my smartphone (Bluestacks offers us something similar, but not equal to I would like to have). Besides of that, this app does not have the possibility of sending a "beep" to alert a person about an important issue to be discussed; I am sure that would be very useful during this "special" quarantine times.

Avash K.

Basic Messaging Software for Every Business

Reviewed on 2020/11/28

Whatsapp is pretty basic and doesn't have many features but is popular among peoples. Our clients and staffs report that they find using Whatsapp easier than using other messaging software - thanks to their basic intuitive User Interface(UI). I would love to have additional features on Whatsapp.

Pros

The best thing I know about Whatsapp is that it's popular. There are many messaging software that have better features and all but Whatsapp has a bigger userbase and that's was one of the main reason that we chose Whatsapp. One of the things I like most is the ability to send links and stuff to a group of clients easily. Being able to group clients according to their persona is something we find very useful but this is not a very exciting or feature that other apps don't have. I am not sure why but many people find that using Whatsapp is very easy - it may be due to their awesome initiative User Interface. Due to this very reason - Whatsapp is a popular messaging software and that's why a business like ours need Whatsapp.

Cons

There aren't many features as compared to its competitors. I personally prefer Discord but not everyone uses Discord or is willing to use Discord. Whatsapp is relatively easy to use and thus many people use Whatsapp - that's the only reason for our company to be using Whatsapp. I would like Whatsapp if the developers added useful features with time. I would also love to have control over files that can be sent to me by clients. Some clients send audio messages instead of texts and I don't like that as listening to audio messages as time-consuming.

Aminuddin B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Quick messaging platform for work and personal

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

I use it to communicate quickly with colleague and client. Not only for massaging, this software also can be use for a VOIP call and video call for free, as long there are internet connection. We also use WhatsApp group for my team private group.

Pros

It is easy to use, have a function to create a private group and can share picture and document
between user. Most of people are using WhatsApp in my country, and it is a must have
application in smartphone. I can integrate it with Google Drive and use it as a storage for
backing up my files and contact.

Cons

There are issues on user privacy that are used for advertisement in Facebook.
We are forced to agree to the policy or banned from using WhatsApp in the future.
WhatsApp should revise their new policies on that matter as user all around the world
really triggered with this new changes. Other than that, taking my phone memory space too much.

Norzihan I.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Unofficial business messenger

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Everyone is using WhatsApp as their Go to quick messenger software, and its became a must have in my smartphone. It make it easy to communicate with other people without adding any cost.

Pros

Great thing with WhatsApp is, it is completely free to use. No monthly or annual fee involved and I can use its full feature freely. It has quick chat and video calls tools, which i use it for connecting with my colleague and client. All the personal chat is encrypted and I feel really secure using it while conducting business with client.

Cons

I have never get a high quality crisp HD quality of video when conducting video call using WhatsApp. It is also has limitation when sending media like video or picture, and will downgrade the media quality if it exceed certain size limit. I need to use third-party file sharing software to send a high quality media.

Maryam N.
  • Industry: Design

Make your Social Connections Wonderful as never before!

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

In essence, I do a lot of works with Whatsapp regarding business, specifically. With Whatsapp web, it is easier for me to send the work's revisions & receive the client's files who don't promptly use email.
I believe; somehow, it has replaced email.

Pros

The ease of communication is undoubtedly the most satisfying aspect of this App. I like many many of its features. I can discuss a few of them here:
-Ease of Sending Anything even it is an image or a video but also any document
-Features to Check Availability for, e.g., Last Seen, Single Check/Double Check/Double BlueCheck options on the sent message. Plus, you can turn them off if you don't want to show them to others.
- With this App, you can call with your Local Number to almost all the countries except the middle eastern countries & few others.
- Even if other devices & apps are not working, it works on low Mbps/ slow internet.
- The Gifs, png's & emojis always help me express myself fully even on the text message.
- Voice messages are one of the most valuable features as I save a lot of time with them.
- The control for the WhatsApp group's admins can put off the option for members to chat on the group.
-The Whatsapp Business Features are very helpful. Once anyone contacts the business number, he will get everything about the campaign.

Cons

Well, the irritating yet disgusting features are:
-When you sent a wrong message & quickly deleted it too, there is a "deleted message" notification to the receiver, which is so disgusting & answerable especially when you're talking with a client.
- You can't contact anyone without saving the number in the phonebook.
-You've to send multiple times a video to the status if it is more than 30sec & then have to set the video manually.
- It's addictive in my perspective. Many times in a day, I open it for no reason.

Kimberlie F.

WhatsApp is What's Up

Reviewed on 2020/12/25

I'd previously used Rebtel and Viber, but the connection quality just wasn't there in most cases. I will still use Rebtel if I need to work with someone in a country that doesn't have the best internet infrastructure. But, WhatsApp is the go-to. It's free, it's accessible and it works.

Pros

WhatsApp is the most reliable communications app I've found for business use. It's fast for 1-on-1 and group text, SMS, and video chats - especially for communication overseas. Its notifications are easy to see and it gives you visual confirmation that messages have been sent, received, and opened. It doesn't require any users to pay for access. And, it allows for human error whereby you can delete a message.

Cons

One area in which WhatsApp could use a little improvement would be in selecting your chat recipients. It's easy to feel a bit lost when moving through the steps of selecting someone from your phone's contacts that you haven't messaged before. The screen that displays all of your phone's contacts looks almost identical to the screen with the contacts you've previously messaged. So, it's not always obvious how to select a new contact and get back to the messaging screen.

Also, creating a group is not always the easiest thing. Once the group's created, messaging is a breeze. But, getting a group set up can feel a bit confusing.

Amit M.

Whats App Makes Life Easy.

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

The experience of using the app was beautiful. The simplicity of the app and the efficiency with what it works really made me stick to this app all day.

Pros

What's App Is A very good app to use. According to me, it is ultimately the Facebook whom I trust while using this App. Facebook has won the hearts of many and so has the Whats App. The ease of sending Data Like audio and video clips along with beautiful emoji is what I like most about Facebook's What's App. The ability of the app to send messages Is of ultra high quality and it almost gives a sense of pleasure while using Whats App. The Logo itself speaks a lot about the app. Ultimately what I would say is that it is the simplicity of Whats App Which has won my heart. The App Looks so simple, clean and efficient that I can rely on for my needs and communication.

Cons

The Pros of What's App are many but I do feel there are some cons too which I would like to bring to the notice. Firstly when the data like images or video clips are received by the user , the user needs to download the files to his/her phone and this creates a lot of junk memory in users phone. I think the Whats App should show the optio of removing the files there itself where it asks to download, at a particular period after watching it. This feature will help to remove the unnecessar junk for the user from the phone. The feature of adding a friend or person needs to be improved and made clear, which most newbies don't understand. I have seen many people asking each other to send themselves "hi" message for adding themselves to Whats App. Another feature that I would like to bring to the notice of Whats App, which I myself use mostly is calling facility. I stay in a rural area and there is no mobile coverage available most of the times, this is when Whats App comes to my help. What's App can prove to be a very useful tool in remote places where there is access to the internet but not Mobile coverage. What's App needs to bring this to the notice of its users. And another feature that I disliked about WA is that while signing up for the first time it sends OTP on a mobile no and in many cases, there is mobile coverage issue so it would be better if it would send the OTP via the internet itself. A payment gateway option in app itself may benefit the company what I feel.

Aakash S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

The Go To Texting App

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I have been using this for almost 10yrs now and so far whatsapp has never let me down!

Pros

First, its free. Yes, its completely free (personal version) and has great texting features.
The ease at which you can connect with your friends family and colleagues is absolutely Amazing.

Cons

I dont like the Stories feature of the software... it gives a snapchat / instagram kinda feeling which isn’t what Whatsapp is meant for

Sameer C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Whatsapp- The best mobile app to socialize with friends and family

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

My overall experience with whatsapp has been really amazing as i am managing a whole lot of team calls through this platform and thus it is able to cope up with my job. However, I am still waiting for the feature "whatsapp pay" to be introduced in India and we all are eagerly waiting for it for quite some time now .

Pros

Although there is a never ending list of all the adavantageous unique features of whatsapp, i would like to highlight the ones i liked the most. Firstly, the video calling quality and how it enables us to have video calls without buffer even in cases when internet speeds are very low, this feature is really commendable. Secondly, the newly introduced feature of enabled speaking assistent into the application i.e. when I speak, the app can type the message for me as per my voice. This feature has really made my life very very easy since typing takes a lot of time which now is saved as the assistent is doing it for me. I personally am using this feature to the most .

Cons

One thing that I particularly didn't like about whatsapp is that when we do video call to anyone within India, the screen greys out at times and thus we have to hang up and call again to see other person. I am not sure of this is the case only with me but yes i am personally facing this issue from quite some time now. Secondly, a minor aspect that i didn't like is that the overall GUI of the application is same from quite some time now without any changes to the appearance of the app. At times this becomes a bit mundane for the end customer because we use whatsapp a lot and a little change in the app appearance from time to time would keep the user's spirits lively while using the application.

Binigya D.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Great for informal communication with the team

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Whatsapp is universal. Everyone uses WhatsApp, and it is for a reason. It has been a great experience for me with WhatsApp, I love how easy it is, how great the features are and I love its web integration. And although it has a few minor annoyances, I do not see myself leaning off the platform any time soon.

Pros

Whatsapp most likeable trait is its ease of use. Whether you want to message someone, send attachments, or create/participate in a group chat, it is a breeze. And with its recent (kind of) feature of being able to delete messages, it can save you some awkward moments when you mistakenly send a message that wasn't meant to be sent. I also especially love the seamless integration with its web version, which can be a lifesaver if you are working on your computer on a busy day, unable to check your phone.

Cons

Till now, I honestly do not have any complaints about WhatsApp that could result me into switching to another software. In areas that WhatsApp could've been better is its video call quality which becomes terrible sometimes even with a fast internet and the heavy compression applied to the images and the short length of video attachments you can send.

Alejandro G.
  • Industry: Sports

Best International Communications App!!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

All in all this is a wonderful app, and I hope to have been descriptive enough in both the positives an negatives. You must share this app with your friends and family across the globe... save yourself the money in buying the timed calling cards. Download the app for free!!

Pros

I highly recommend WhatsApp!!! This simple app is a highly valued app and is a staple in communicating with my family. I myself live in the United States, but all other members of my family live in Mexico. This app has made communicating easy and absolutely free!! It works by using the internet to connect you to your loved ones. With features like video chat, messenger, and voice calls.. It is no wonder why this simple app has gone viral across the globe. I do mean that because in addition to connecting with mexico, I make regular phone calls with friends across the United State, Brazil, and Canada. With an app this valuable it makes me wonder why California does not use this as much as they do in Latino America. All in all.. I Highly recommend.

Cons

My only minor complaints are that it may be difficult to add another user into your contacts if they are from another country. I say this only because I am not used to adding a +1 before my number, and depending on the region it may be different for you. This should not deter you however because once you do connect you will not be required to repeat the process. My other desire is to have more users across California. I am blown away by the fact that the United States has not made this app a staple in communication. This is a must have, yet my friends have never heard of the app.

Rebecca B.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great for communications

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I have had very good experiences with this product. I am really never disappointed. It’s is as advertised and has never failed me.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the video and Audio quality is very good. It does not require a great internet connection to connect. Even under the worse conditions this app still connects. This app enables me to stay in touch with my family whom lives in other countries (not the USA) at no cost and enables me to feel as if we all live very close by.

Cons

I have used this app for 4 or 5 years and I have not really found any cons. It is better for me than other similar products and everyone can use it.

Peter B.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A social communication app, overtaking official apps

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

There was a time I was purchasing a breathalyser from South Africa for my company. Phone lines were a problem but we communicated on WhatsApp. I remember the dealer saying “time will come when phone lines will be a thing of the past” and I agreed with him. I have found whatsapp to be an indispensable communication app for both social and official communication

Pros

WhatsApp is social app for communication, which is rapidly being accepted as an official communication app, overtaking well-known applications on the market.
WhatsApp has the following strengths
• Messaging is so instant
• As a user, you have the flexibility of choosing what method you want to communicate to your contact according to what is convenient to you. You can choose to type a message, send an audio recording, make a voice call or video call.
• It allows voice and video calls
• Allows group calls, where multiple contacts can be added to a single call, to speak at the same time. This works for both audio and video calls
• It shows the notification budge with a message counter for every contact on the list in the chat view
• It shows what time each contact was last seen online
• Unlike other platforms, WhatsApp has the ability to upload files of different types like documents, picture, audio and video files
• When you receive an audio or video file, WhatsApp is able to play it without a need for a separate media player.

Cons

• Very unfortunate for people using phones with a small storage space. There is no option in WhatsApp to change settings that downloads should go directly into an sd card. Phone memory gets full so quickly and affects its performance.
• Audios in WhatsApp stop playing when you move from one conversation to another.
• No settings to disable status updates view

Anvita S.

I Use WhatsApp Daily

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

My overall experience with Whatsapp has been amazing. I love all the little details and options it provides, like voice messaging, deleting messages, being able to reply to specific messages, video call, audio call, changing the background, having a profile picture, and it's all FREE! This app changed the way my family in the US can communicate with our loved ones abroad and I am forever grateful for this app!

Pros

From the clever name of the app to all the free features, I love it. It helps keep me connected to my relatives abroad. In just a moment I can call, video call, or chat with them and it has changed our life to use this app! Growing up we never had it, and it would be so long between calls abroad! Now I can see my family members any time I want. I LOVE that I can send voice messages, send group messages, call, video call, delete messages, and reply directly to messages. I would 10/10 recommend this to anyone who wants to keep in touch with friends and family all over the world, but also to have convenient group chats and a fun place to voice message with friends near home as well! Love it and am grateful for WhatsApp.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that unless you turn off the setting for saving media, every single picture that gets shared gets saved into your phone's photo album. I didn't like going back and deleting all these images when I didn't know about the setting to turn off the feature! Especially because I am in a lot of different groups that are constantly sharing photos. The app should have the feature turned off and allow users to turn it on, because by the time I realized I had a thousand images in my folder and was wondering why my space was running out!

Raj P.

Best text messenger

Reviewed on 2020/03/21

My overall experience with WhatsApp is really nice. I have been using it for 3 years and still satisfied. I even used the Business version of WhatsApp and it best for sellers.

Pros

WhatsApp is one of my all time favorite messenger application. I even using on my laptop using WhatsApp Web feature and it works completely well. And I mostly like about it is its calling features, and video calling as well.

Cons

WhatsApp not really has any cons! But still it should keep upgrading their features.

Luke P.

Great For Instant Messaging and Video Chat

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Overall, my experience with WhatsApp has been really good. I use it every day for my business and some social stuff. It has a lot of features and functionality that help to streamline my business. I really like how easy WhatsApp is to use. It's probably one of the most user friendly messaging apps available. WhatsApp keeps coming out with new features so I hope that any issues I listed will be addressed soon. Using WhatsApp is really a no-brainer. The ROI is really high when compared to other similar software. I recommend WhatsApp for anyone who is looking for a user friendly messaging app that needs to be able to handle their personal and business needs.

Pros

WhatsApp is a great communication tool. It's incredibly user friendly and it's easy to set up. I use WhatsApp on a daily basis to keep in touch with my employees and clients. I like that I can send text, images, and video. I use the video chat feature the most. This is really helpful when I need to communicate effectively to my team. I also use it to send documents and image files to my clients. This is really convenient and helps to streamline my business processes. Another great aspect of WhatsApp is the sheer number of people using it. When I want to chat with a client on WhatsApp they almost always have it or are fine with downloading it. I don't have to persuade any of my clients to use it. I also really like their groups feature. I use groups to segment my clients so I can easily find them and reach out to them quickly.

Cons

The only improvements that I would suggest would be to add more features to groups. I think the groups feature is very useful but it should have more functions. One aspect I don't like is how everyone's information is always visible. It would be nice to have a anonymous feature. I would also like the ability to preview a video before downloading. I send and receive a lot of videos through WhatsApp and I don't like having to download every video. Especially, when I don't need to watch every video that I get. Finally, I would like to see WhatsApp integrated with email clients.

Sean S.
  • Industry: Computer Games

WhatsApp is an amazing Instant Messaging App that's free for all and has no advertisements.

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

WhatsApp is an amazing instant messaging software that allows me to keep in touch with my customers, friends, and family. I love it that it is free to use, and there are no advertisements, which is a rarity with free software these days.

Pros

WhatsApp is a very useful software, I've been using it for over 6 years now. You can send text messages, set up group chats, send photos, documents, audio, and video recordings, and also make audio and video calls.
WhatsApp is available on multiple devices such as (Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS). There is also a web app that you can use on your computer, it allows you to use WhatsApp without having to handle your mobile phone.
It's pretty secure as well, it is linked to your phone number, it also has end-to-end encryption so that the messages sent can only be read by the intended phone number. In group chats, it shows the name of all participants, even those that you don't have in your contacts list.
You can also use it to speak with people outside your country without having to worry about any additional fees for making overseas calls. The best part is that it uses the internet instead of your cellphone plan which would be very costly.
WhatsApp is also a great resource for students to share audio, photo and/or video files, homework groups, group study, etc.
You can also have a bit of fun with the provided emojis, stickers and gifs. The user interface is easy to understand and requires minimal effort, I highly recommend it.

Cons

Calls are sometimes disconnected even with a good connection but this is fairly rare. Signing in to another platform requires a barcode scan. This means we need our cellphone to sign in to the WhatsApp web app.

Compared with other similar applications, WhatsApp requires you to share your cellphone number and some people may prefer to keep this information private.

Emeka O.

An Amazing Instant Messaging App

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

Generally, WhatsApp had been an amazing software. It allows me to keep in touch with my customers. I also use it to hold virtual trainings and meetings. I love it that WhatsApp is free to use, and there are no ads on it, at least for now.

Pros

WhatsApp has become an everyday software for me, and I use it a lot for my business and the businesses I manage. Some of the things I love about WhatsApp are as explained below:

1. Ease of Use: WhatsApp is a very easy to use software. It is beginner friendly, and it wasn't hard for me to understand how to use it. I use it a whole lot for my business as regard communication and keeping in touch with my customers. Its ease of use has made it my choice instant messaging app.

2. Ability to send multimedia messages: I use WhatsApp to organise and hold virtual meetings and trainings. I love it that WhatsApp allows me the option to send both video and image contents as that helps me to deliver my trainings effectively.

3. WhatsApp Story feature: WhatsApp has been very beneficial to my business since the addition of the WhatsApp Story feature. I do use WhatsApp Story to share contents and pass out information about my business. This help me to keep in touch with my customers.

4. WhatsApp groups: I love it that I'm able to organise all my customers in a WhatsApp group which helps me to build a community around my business. I use WhatsApp groups to follow up my customers, and to send valuable information to them, while allowing them the option to comment on the information I shares.

5. WhatsApp broadcast message: Sending the same messages individually to all my customers can be boring. Instead I add all of them to a WhatsApp broadcast list and then sends the message only once.

Cons

Among the issues I have with WhatsApp include:

1. Not being able to forward a message to more than five recipients simultaneously. This is a turnoff.

2. Not being able to pin more than three chats. This is limiting, and causes me to have to search or scroll through a lot of contacts to be able to identify a contact I would have preferred to be handy.

3. The inability to download multimedia files that were shared more than 30 days ago. This is a major turnoff as I deal a lot with multimedia files.

Praveen N.

The most popular messaging app

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

WhatsApp is a great, free application that allows you to communicate with friends and family with ease. There are sufficient features included to make it the most popular messaging app. Features such as location sharing can be particularly useful when travelling. There are some shortcomings such as file size limitations and several features available in other messaging apps not being present, despite WhatsApp being a stable and a reliable messaging app.

Pros

WhatsApp is very user friendly, and can be picked up and used by anyone regardless of their technical understanding. It offers the ability to send and receive messages, audio and video calls instantly using a data connection. This means that you can avoid costs associated with SMS and call charges. You can also decrease the data usage for calls if you want to reduce costs even further. WhatsApp claims that the messages are end to end encrypted, which means that external parties cannot read or access your information. One of the great features of the app is that its free to use, and there are not adds either. Additional features include read and delivered receipts, location sharing and the ability to share pictures, documents and videos with others in the chat. Group chats are also supported allowing you to communicate with a large group of friends, coworkers or family.

Cons

WhatsApp does not have "fun" features such as disappearing messages, filters for photos or animated stickers. Also, the documents you share should be less than 100 MB, and videos are limited to 16MB in size. Also, some features such as calling is not available in all countries.

Sarthak K.

WhatsApp: Communication redefined

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Overall, my experience has been great. I have been using WhatsApp daily for the past 8 years or so and I would be hard-pressed if it just disappeared or I had to find an alternative.

It makes it very easy to talk and keep in touch with people, providing text, voice and video call functionality and it's free, what else can you ask for in an application!

I'll recommend anyone who hasn't yet tried it to give it a shot, it's worth it!

Pros

It's an amazing messaging app that I've been using for the past 8 years. The best part was that it used the internet instead of SMS, which was a lot more prevalent ( and costly ) when the app launched.

Another great feature is that you don't need to spam your contacts with your new phone number if you switch. You just change it in WhatsApp and that updates it and your contacts can see that you switched to a new number and can still message you.

WhatsApp also tells you when your message gets delivered ( double tick )and read ( Blue double ticks ) by the contact you send it to, which is really neat!

With the added functionality of voice calls, it was a game-changer for me to talk to my family living in a different country. Before WhatsApp, I used to buy those prepaid international cards to talk or use bulky desktop video chat applications. WhatsApp changed all that and I could talk to anyone, anywhere in the world for no additional cost!

Oh, and the best part. It's free. You can use it completely free of charge!

Cons

There's not much to dislike. The only issues I've had were voice calls dropping occasionally, which can also be due to unreliable internet, so I can't exactly say it was WhatsApp's fault.

There have been total outages for a couple of hours a few times in the past, but I think that's acceptable, given that it is up and running all the other times.

I also feel that I would use WhatsApp for sharing sensitive data if they incorporated end to end encryption for the messages, which is not there currently.

Benjamin D.

Perfect Email Replacement and Personal Messaging Application

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

My experience with WhatsApp has been extremely satisfying over the last few years. It is incredibly fast and snappy, sending my messages all the way across the world in microseconds. Messages receive a double checkmark when the servers know that it has reached its device of destination, which often takes less than one fifth of a second when speaking with my friends in Australia from Amsterdam. Group chats have been a lot of fun with friends, with all the emoji, gif and sticker functionalities. On the professional side of things, private and group chats are an eternal record of what has been said, so I never lose anything important. Messages can be bolded and starred for easy finding.

In my organisation, I try to agree to connect with co-workers through WhatsApp rather than email, because it does everything that I need from email in a better, simpler, AND more beautiful way. Sadly though, email is so encultured that this dream of mine will have to wait a bit longer to become a general reality.

Pros

WhatsApp is incredibly easy to use, and has all the functionality I could want for all of my communicative operations that do not require something as sophisticated as Slack. I have been using WhatsApp for years for both my personal communication with friends and family, as well as for organising events. It's also proven useful for my professional communication at times when email is not a necessity for the other party. Email is something that annoys me because of the monopoly it has, even though it has become archaic. In WhatsApp I can converse with both individuals and groups without creating endless threads with an overwhelming amount of information. The whole conversation is saved in a clear and simple manner, all kinds of documents and files can be stored in the chat, messages can be starred, and we can even have group (video) calls. This totally replaces email in all of its functionality, and is universally applicable because of how your account is connected to your phone number, and everyone has a phone number. This means that when I know someone's phone number, I have their WhatsApp.

Cons

There are two minor negative points I have found during my experience with WhatsApp. The first is that your phone must be on and connected to the internet for you to be able to use WhatsApp on the desktop. As long as your my phone is connected, this is no big deal (and when I am on my laptop I generaly have Wi-Fi anyways, so my phone will be connected to that same network). At times I had forgotten to charge my phone and had no access to the particular charger I needed, meaning that I could not use my WhatsApp communications on that day. With the technology of this day and age, this system should be updated in my opinion.

The other minor point I have is that there are no channels like in Slack, but you could recreate that way of operating by simply setting up multiple chat rooms for the different parts of your organisation.

Widely use communication software

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

It got popular all over the world due to its' features and simplicity. I depend on this app more than I depend on normal voice or video calls.

Pros

- end-to-end encryption, free internet-based international calling, cross-platform compatibility, wide global reach, and even a desktop version.
- completely free standalone app which also has a desktop and web versions.
- cross platform compatibility. Mobile support in Android, iPhone, Windows phone; Desktop support in Mac and Windows PCs
- ability to share live location is a great feature.
- ability to listen to audio messages discreetly
- free international voice and video calls (even group calls) which are extremely clear and no lag as long as there's a good internet connection .
- UI is simple and clear (easy to understand and use)
- automatic backup and easy restore

Cons

Backups are getting larger in size everyday. I would not recommend restoring media unless user allow to as it will eat storage space.
It took me some time to figure it out that when I make a call to the other party, 'calling' is simply means that it does not goes to the other person due to a connection problem (internet is not enabled at the other end). If the status shows that it 'ringing' only the other party receive the call.

Samuduni W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

WhatsApp for Art and Craft

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Pros

This is the software i mostly use for my bussiness. It's very helpfull to me because i can share photos of my products with my customers directly. And also i can get their ideas thourgh this software. This is very important to me because i make customized arts and crafts. Using this software i can fullfill my customer's needs in short period. Not only i can share pictures of my products, my customers also can reach me through this software and send me photos of the product they want from me. I can create whatsapp groups for art and craft lovers and share my knowledge and experiences with them easily. Otherwise i have to forward them same message separately. But luckily whatsApp have group chat faculty and each group can have lots of people. Another thing i like in this software is status faculty. Because of this i can upload my new arts and craft and let all my friends see them. So if they like them they can buy my products. It ease my works a lot and help me to sell my products. This is how this software helps me.

Cons

I use this software to sell my art and crafts. But sometimes it is annoying. Because i send images to my customers most of the time and quality of those images were reduced. Sometimes when they reduced the quality of the images of my arts they do not looks good. Other than that there is another problem with images. When i want to send an image to someone it is hard to find images i take long time ago. Because it has images i take recently on the top. So i have to go down and down to find those pictures i want. And also there is only one con i like to include. That is, this software is not capable of sending lots of images at once. It can only share limited number of images. That number is thirty. I think that should be improved. And this also happen with videos. I can not share large videos with friends. It is good if i can send any video i want. These are the only problems i face while using this software. So it will be very helpfull if those things are improved.

Anindita S.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

WhatsApp: Nothing less than a lifeline

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

Pros

WhatsApp is nothing short of a lifeline in the modern technological age. I cannot even begin to point out the ease of having this software.
During my student life, I traveled abroad for attending conferences and calling home to keep everyone updated about my safety and well being was a herculean task. But once I was introduced to WhatsApp it made my life so easy. The convenience of using WhatsApp is what garners most of my appreciation. It was so easy to handle that even my mom who isn't tech-savvy could easily use. So we could stay connected even when I was abroad. The mobile call charges those days and even today are through the roof. In such a scenario WhatsApp is definitely a savior.
Also, I am a big fan of the WhatsApp feature that shows the details about when a person was last active and the details of the message being delivered. Because that way we know when to expect an answer. Because of the time difference between where I stay and where my family is, I generally try to check on WhatsApp for the last logged time of parents' activities before calling them.
Also, the benefit of merging/switching between numbers but retaining the same WhatsApp account is another plus. Because if one switches an account he or she can still stay connected to his friends /family/acquaintances without having to go through the trouble of retaining the previous number.

Cons

I was never very successful in using the WhatsApp data backup service. It did not work out well for me.

Emmanuel A.
  • Industry: Textiles

My experience using whatsapp

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

It can be seen that though whatsapp has its cons, the benefits outweighs it. I use whatsapp to communicate with my friends and family. I always feel like they are close to me whenever I chat or video call with them. I have been using whatsapp for over 4 years and it has been really helpful to me.

Pros

1. For connection: whatsapp is a social media app which allows friend, family and loved ones to be able to communicate with each other all over the world as long as you have the individual's whatsapp number
2. Media sharing: through whatsapp, photos, videos, documents could be shared by loved or friends with each other
3. Easy to use: the creators of the whatsapp app has made it so easy to use that children are even able to use the app because of its user friendliness.
4. It can be used for advertisement and business: whatsapp is a tool for business owners to reach hundreds of people to advertise and showcase their business and all this could be done at the comfort of their homes.

Cons

1. Sharing of false information : whatsapp has become a tool in which people use to pass wrong or false informations as this informations are not cross checked or don't have any negative impact on the individual passing them. Some of these messages could to panic and chaos
2. addition from strangers: anyone can add you as a friend or add you to groups without your permission as long as they have your number.
3. Constant update: one could notice that whatsapp constantly asks for individuals to update the app. This update costs mb which is bought by money and most times, the update isn't much different from the previous version.