Adobe XD Reviews

Adobe XD

4,5 (1 066)
Prototyping and UX software for designers

(1 066)

Bhushan
Bhushan
  • Industry: Chemicals

Trending UI/UX Design Tool

Reviewed on 2022/11/24

The best software/tool for Application UI and UX design and development can manage multiple designs on one canvas. prototypes, wireframes, and future updates can manage easily

Pros

Best tool for apps and web design, prototypes and wireframes, having the latest prebuild templates of designs.

Cons

No issue or concern found yet, as this tool is amazing, others can think about cost/price of tool

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

Trending and latest prebuild template library, design suggestions, and usability

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

To make apps and web design trending and user friendly
Joël
Joël

Adobe XD review

Reviewed on 2023/06/02

Nice tool for creating attractive wireframes and prototypes

Nice tool for creating attractive wireframes and prototypes

Pros

Adobe XD provides one of the most amazing wireframing, user interface design, and prototyping solutions. It is highly responsive and supports very few of my favorite app integrations. It fascinates team collaboration and boosts our production rates.

Cons

It would be even more enthusiastic if the software had more advanced animations.

• Used for 2+ years

Adobe's Attempt to Compete with Sketch

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Oberall, my experience is good and I will tend to use it, but not exclusively. Sometimes I mock right in code, other times I work statically first, and when I do, I will use Adobe XD about 60 to 65% of the time. I think it's getting closer each update to being the unrivaled tool for the job for me, but it's not quite there yet. It is, in the grnad scheme of things, a relatively new product.

Pros

I like that it's part of the Adobe Suite, which may or may not be desirable for some. But since I work with the Creative Cloud, it's a useful prototyping software that has some value over other Adobe programs like Illustrator and Photoshop when it comes to sketching out static mock ups of web designs. It's also useful to have the quick share feature by uploading your work to the cloud, for clients to review.

Cons

It can still be a little clunky, for me, as someone who is used to working in Illustrator. It's kind of a little like the other Adobe programs, and a little bit different, so that can be confusing, despite the fact that some of the differences are what makes it a better tool for website mock-ups.

Nice simple app for wireframing

Reviewed on 2024/01/06

Great app and tool, not so great subscription payment terms that are easy to misinterpret.

Pros

Easy, no frills app is great for wireframing low fidelity. Other tools have too many features and you can quickly get stuck down the high fidelity route. AdobeXD keeps you high level.

Cons

Adobe lock-in pricing. Billed monthly but committed for 12 months. Easy to overlook when signing up and not a fun experience when you realise it.

Zach
Zach

Adobe XD Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

Having the software tied to an Adobe Subscription makes it difficult to share prototypes. They have to be updated constantly and relinked every time a change is made.

Pros

It is native to Adobe CC, so you get the advantages of having all your design tools syncing together.

Cons

Because it is native to Adobe CC, it is difficult to share files with clients who don't have the software. You can, though it isn't as easy as an internet based-tool like Figma.

Webflow, Sketch and Figma

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Some of these alternatives are direct competitors (Sketch, Figma), but when used in conjunction with a tool like Webflow, where I can actually implement static designs from XD, it is a good tool.
Marianela
Marianela

Spectacular creations of Web designs with Adobe XD.

Reviewed on 2022/12/04

It is a platform with many functionalities for the creation of spectacular web designs and prototypes. We see it more and more in all kinds of business presentations and it has become a reference platform for generating value in the organization.

Pros

With Adobe XD we can create web designs, so that they can be visualized by the people who make the decision to implement them before a single line of code is written. We can simulate the operation of our prototype and represent it very accurately, to gather opinions, balance expectations and make decisions.

Cons

Adobe XD allows you to incorporate plugins and integrations with third parties, which increases the potential to develop impressive creations. In addition, there are multiple templates and libraries that allow us to create our designs without starting from scratch, which is extremely important for designers who need to produce quickly.

Bhavin
Bhavin

Integral tool for our design workflow

Reviewed on 2021/06/18

Adobe XD is difficult to introduce into your design workflow but once you figure it out and your teams feel comfortable, that’s when the magic happens. It’s easy to deploy and super fast.

Pros

The best part about Adobe XD is the ease of deployment and how senselessly it becomes an integral part of your workflow. Quick and easy and Adobe keeps adding more useful features almost every month.

Cons

As such there’s nothing really to dislike, we do feel like it lacks some tools but then again XD was designed for speed of delivery and not necessarily and end to end tool. So no complaints.

Fluid UI

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Easy and seamless deployment with creative cloud
Tanuj
Tanuj
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Adobe XD: Prototyping Simplified

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

In a nutshell, my experience with Adobe XD has been a very positive one. Even in its most basic subscription plan (which is free of cost), it provides all the vital features necessary for creating and deploying incredible prototypes in a systemized manner. It maximizes productivity by creating two distinct yet intertwined workflows for designing screens and setting up interactions between them.

Pros

If you work in the area of UI/UX Design, Adobe XD is one of the critical tools you can have in your asset. Prototyping in Adobe XD is a breeze, thanks to the simplistic yet purposive interface it provides. The tools it provides for designing prototypes are very intuitive to learn and use, making it easy for new users to onboard. Adobe XD also features a separate workflow for handling the interactions within a prototype, rendering the processes of designing and prototyping interactions discrete yet fluid. Furthermore, it allows you to deploy your prototypes on the Adobe Cloud, making it easy and quick to share and test your prototypes.

Cons

Once you get accustomed to the streamlined workflow of Adobe XD, it might take you a while to adapt to those of other competing prototyping services.

Md Fateh Ali
Md Fateh Ali
  • Industry: Design

The best prototyping software but not good at all.

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

I have a mixed experience in Adobe XD. When I need to prototype my project, I use it regularly. On the other hands, I do nothing here. It's very expensive compared to Figma or sketch.

Pros

Adobe XD is one of the best prototyping software that I have ever used. If you want to prototype your project, it's very easy and convenient. The interface of XD is minimal and beautiful.

Cons

Expensive but not good at all, compared to other software. One of the biggest cons I faced in XD when I add some vectors to the design, it gets slow and suddenly it gets closed. Compared to Figma, it needs a lot to do to catch their quality standard.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

I am an adobe lover, that makes my decisions. But I am not satisfied at all with the quality of XD.
Rouissi
Rouissi

Why do you want to consider Adobe XD

Reviewed on 2022/11/03

Using Adobe XD was a blast. With it's simple user interface, speed and stability, I was very pleased with the overall features that XD offers to users.

Pros

Adobe XD is one of the best UI/UX design tools. It offers a decent free version that includes almost all the the necessary features. Adobe XD allows you multiple interaction per item (hover, click ...) that faciliate UI design wich makes it the most suitable software for prototyping. Adobe XD supports different platforms (desktop, mobile browsers, mobile apps ). Adobe XD offers an excellent team collaboration.

Cons

Unfortunately Adobe XD doesn't have enough plug-ins for sketch. Also it could have more other features.

Kampon
  • Industry: Hospitality

The most efficient way to build prototypes for website or application design with Adobe XD

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Overall I still like Adobe XD still, most efficient way to build prototypes and work with UI team and development team in the same time, Adobe XD is one of the prototype tools that my team usually work with, maybe it's quite similar to Adobe's family software that our team familiar too. Personally, I've been using the Adobe program for more than 20 years. not a big fan but it's pretty nice tools compared with others competitor (except the price) hope Adobe XD keep better performances in long run.

Pros

1. Super easy to setup
2. Ready to be forwarded to the development team just update your link and everyone in your team will see the update as realtime.
3. Another thing that I really like is Adobe XD can adjust the curvature of each corner of the polygonal shape, which other apps do not have.
4. Readiness to using some assets from other Adobe's programs such as when I created icon from Illustrator or Photoshop I just export to .jpg or .png file and then just drag and drop to Adobe XD so simple and very easy.

Cons

1. When you forget and copy page design by "design mode" it make to take time to manually drag the flow link by yourself once again. Adobe XD should set flow link on every mode not just "Protorype mode" that make user confused and a bit upset.
2. Hard to control when you have more than 100 pages on the same dashboard.
3. It takes too much time when you export or update link on view setting as "development"
4. Adobe XD should provide more design libraries for creating a prototype.
5. Should more align or friendly with third-party plug-ins.

Justinmind, Zeplin, InVision App, Figma and Marvel

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

As I said I personally have been using the Adobe's family program for more than 20 years. I think it's quite go along together and it's still pretty good tools and good performances, so I think I still use Adobe XD further
Daniel

Adobe XD: One of the Best UI Design Software

Reviewed on 2021/04/03

Adobe XD is incredibly useful for designing software and it is clear that Adobe has put a lot of effort into a dedicated UI and UX design tool. There are many advantages in using Adobe XD and it comes with the Adobe Creative Cloud. Personally, I use Adobe XD to plan out an outline of the software that I am going to build. By using prototyping, I am able to create a realistic blueprint of the software that actually has functionality. Therefore, I highly recommend Adobe XD to people who will be working on the design of software, especially those who already have the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Pros

There are many great features in Adobe XD that make the experience of designing a prototype a lot smoother and easier. For example, Adobe XD follows the same user interface as other Adobe products, making it is very easy to learn how it works if you have used other Adobe products before. Adobe XD can handle very complex designs and can use large symbol libraries. Prototyping is also very simple in Adobe XD and there is also the auto animate feature which makes the prototype even more realistic. Last but not least, Adobe XD has a large growing assortment of plugins and integrations which seamlessly connect users to various services.

Cons

One disadvantage of Adobe XD is how you cannot test a mobile prototype on an actual mobile device. This is not too big of a problem but it does take away from the experience. There is no built in animation timeline so it is difficult to go beyond simple animations without plugins. Building on this, some plugins actually cost extra and is not native to Adobe XD which is a bummer

Aubrey
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Creativity and Design

Reviewed on 2022/01/15

Adobe XD comes as a great solution in designing at a greater level for applications and websites. It has all the fonts and colors that one can desire for something unique. Creating animations and having to preview them is another great feature I enjoy.

Pros

The first thing I enjoy upon opening Adobe XD is its easy to use user interface no matter what device I'm using it on. On working with it I love that it allows me to put my designs in a 3D dimension so that I can put everything in perspective when designing. It presents realness by allowing layering of objects backward and forward while also in 3D. Since I design for both Android and Apple devices, I am always happy that it contains art boards for all new devices. Another feature are the prototypes that we create, good thing we can easily incorporate hyperlinks and make them clickable. Before exporting files it allows me to change the quality of my images and their sizes with its enhanced export controls which is very useful. I have used its many features but another one I love is the ability to blur other areas while making others more focused.

Cons

It is an advanced solution which does not include in app quick tutorials for important features which needs much exploration on your own to maximize usage of all its features.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Adobe XD is easy to use, it integrates easily and it is unique.

It is an essential proffesional tool and optimized for pro Adobe

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

It is an essential and suitable tool for any designer who wants to get into interface design. With the errors encountered, we have already produced hundreds of products since its release.

Pros

It is an indispensable professional tool and optimized for Adobe pros.

I can easily exchange assets from other Adobe software, like Photoshop, Illustrator or even After effect.
The plugin developers are starting to offer really useful features because Adobe and the software offers a lot of possibilities.

Cons

For the moment, without an internet connection, we have encountered many bugs, impossible to solve with its incomprehensible error codes and even not found on the software support.

The technical support (human) offers solutions that are already listed in the online support, and already tested several times.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Online availability of certain software, without deployment.
Erick

Great for UX/UI design

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Most of the agencies and clients I’ve worked with use Adobe Creatuve cloud in their design departments, so they already have Adobe XD installed. I never have to worry about compatibility with PC or Mac since it’s compatible on both. I’ve been able to demonstrate prototypes by sharing a link generated within the software, no third party plugins or exports needed.

Pros

I like that it’s quick and easy to create interface designs with Adobe XD. I can make wireframes, low fidelity, and high fidelity prototypes relatively easily. I like that I can import style guides and components, as well as add plugins to extend functionality.

Cons

There’s no default way to make a grid, at least on the current version I’m using. This would be helpful as most of my designs are based on a grid layout, at least columns.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Most other teams and clients I’ve worked with already have Adobe XD as part of Creative Cloud.
Sebastian
  • Industry: Sports

Good product that covers enough bases

Reviewed on 2022/02/22

The software has been great for building a mobile and web application with a lot of moving parts. All facets of the product design process have been covered by this one tool. It has even been invaluable for some quick and relatively simple graphic design tasks. It is a powerful tool that can only get better.

Pros

It's easy to use and fast to create. Animations and prototyping make it a very powerful tool for wireframing and user testing, as well as high fidelity design.

Cons

Adobe is rather slow in adding more features and certain things are missing. One example is the lack of pages within documents, which have existed in other design tools from day one. It would be great to have this and it would make it so much easier to organise files.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Integration with Adobe creative cloud, ease of use, early adoption of the product
Samuel
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Adobe XD

Reviewed on 2022/09/14

It is my go-to all the time. Despite the collaboration feature which could be better, the other features are done in such a simple and easy-to-use way and make my workflow easier.

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Very little learning curve
3. Easy handoff to developers using the share feature.
4. Clean and smooth interface.
5. Component creation helps in organizing easy reuse of the same properties across different pages.

Cons

1. Collaboration could be better. There should be a way for user feedback to be seen right in Adobe XD, rather than on an online interface.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

It has the cleanest interface among the competition. Since it is an Adobe product, its integration with other Adobe products like Photoshop is crucial to my design workflow.
Nordin

Adobe XD for UX/UI

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

I love using the software but it has a lot of powerful alternatives thats why i've been switching from Adobe XD to Figma. But it still has a huge part in my workflow.

Pros

I've been using Adobe XD for a long time & I really enjoy using it . It has a powerful & futuristic interface unlike other Adobe Products such as Photoshop . You can make design systems & complex web designs with ease & flexibility . As well as organizing your overall design & content.

Cons

What i sincerly don't like about Adobe XD is the animation phase . Its just so tiring to animate in the software & it didn't help me a lot to build immersive web design experiences when it's about interactivity & motion. So it really needs a lot of improvement in the Animation part.

Asfak
  • Industry: Design

A powerful yet simple UI design tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

Adobe XD is used to ensure continuity of design across multiple platforms and is good for UI-UX & Product designers. It can produce quality prototypes that are great for helping people to understand your ideas. XD is an okay tool for creating mockups and quick iteration, with an interactive demo.

Pros

The interface is so user-friendly, functionality is so easy to use. It updates frequently with new features and bug fixes.

Cons

There is no dark theme available, it causes eye strain in a dark environment. It should be based online like Figma. It slows down mediocre computers.

XD over Sketch

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Our team uses XD for all design work, and I am actually in the process of currently updating our design system to align with Google Material Design, including React components for ease of use for our development team.

Pros

XD can do everything Sketch can do, including having a community of developers and designers who are actively creating plugins to solve any functionality it cannot do yet. It makes sharing with developers immensely easier, and helps keep design teams on track by being able to create design/style guides in the cloud which are accessible by anyone on the team. And it's free? What more could you ask for?

Cons

In previous months I would have maintained there are things Sketch does better, especially when it comes to creating components, but with recent updates I no longer feel these things are an issue. If Sketch is still ahead as an industry standard, XD is quickly catching up, and with far more flexibility.

Sai Nikhil Chakravarthy

Streamline Your Design Workflow with Adobe XD

Reviewed on 2023/03/17

I personally love this app for designing, we do most of our web and app designing prototypes in this it never feels boring, Its a very good tool to use I highly recommend this to for designing.

Pros

User-friendly interface and intuitive design tools for creating wireframes, prototypes, and designs for web and mobile applications, Collaboration features that allow for real-time feedback and design iteration with team members and stakeholders, Integration with other Adobe Creative Cloud applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, Ability to create and share design specs and assets with developers, Built-in animation and interactive prototyping tools for creating engaging and interactive designsRegular updates and new features added to the software, based on user feedback and industry trendsAbility to preview designs on actual devices using the Adobe XD mobile app, Cross-platform compatibility for both Mac and PC users.

Cons

fewer design options than competing programs like Adobe Photoshop or Sketch, There may be restrictions on integration with other design tools and software or a need for additional plugins or software. Instead of depending on predetermined design features or components, some users might wish to have more control over the design process. For larger or more sophisticated design projects, some users might find that the software is not as strong or powerful as competing design software on the market.

Jessica
  • Industry: Insurance

Used DAILY

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Wouldn't use any other PDF viewer, quick and easy.

Wouldn't use any other PDF viewer, quick and easy.

Pros

Adobe is the best for PDF programs I have used. I have used this for the past 5 years and I love it.

Cons

sometimes with these newer models there is always new buttons to press and it takes time to figure it all out.

Tungsten Power PDF

Tungsten Power PDF
fad
  • Industry: Computer Networking

A powerful device for prototyping and wireframing

Reviewed on 2022/01/13

I use XD for wireframing, designing UI for internet and cell apps and to date I felt right as I'm already an Adobe consumer so it appears like the use of the acquainted device. Sharing and prototyping is likewise right sufficient however every so often I sense that XD does not have a few functions that Sketch and Figma have or perhaps it is now no longer extensively universal withinside the marketplace but however It's an Adobe product so I suppose in coming years it is going to be the main device for UI/UX designers.

Pros

Being part of the Adobe Creative Cloud it became a no brainer to check XD. The integration with different packages from the Adobe suite is a first-rate assist as you do now no longer need to consider moving belongings from one app to another. It simply works and is first rate quick/responsive. Also the smooth to apply choice to percentage a prototype with the patron or all people else, hosted withinside the cloud, is a first-rate assist. Another very cool aspect is Auto-animate which easy and properly working.

Cons

Some functions that opposition has for say Figma and sketch. Figma and Sketch sense greater top class and broadly established gear or simply a good deal greater polished. Adobe XD has normally all required functions however occasionally a patron does not depend upon it and insists to apply Figma or sketch. I omit plugins in XD, Figma has an facet there.

Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

Integrates Well

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Pros

I guess a lot of people have a “one thing” that makes them love a specific prototyping tool (I’m looking at you Sketch fans) but really, the functionality doesn’t vary that much. I use Sketch, Figma and XD on a regular basis. They all do what I need.

The thing that makes XD stand out for me is it’s integration with the Creative Cloud. When I’m doing a big project, that’s a huge advantage

Cons

I find the lack of menus clunky. I spend too much time poking around looking for something I expect to be on a—non existent—edit menu.

Iqra
Iqra

The best and Awesome UI/UX design Tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

I create web templates so, before the development, I design the wireframes for these templates in Adobe XD. I have also designed a few mobile applications, and I also designed their mockup before the development using Adobe XD. I am really satisfied and happy with Adobe XD because I found it awesome for my UI/UX design projects.

Pros

Adobe XD is the best UI/UX design tool for mobile apps and web apps. Adobe XD is the best platform where you can create professional designs even for games, voice interfaces and more. You can show these wireframes and high-fidelity designs to your clients before the development process. The interface of Adobe XD is really easy to use and understand. The tools are also professional and simple so you can build incredible designs.

Cons

I have created a number of mobile apps and web apps designs using Adobe XD. The artboards interface, tools, and every feature are really awesome. I am honestly speaking, I never faced any issue during the use of this great software, so for me, there are no cons.