Showing 287 reviews of 261

Quartzy

Digital lab management program for R&D organizations

Showing 287 reviews of 261
Christy M.

Good for Start-ups, but not Scalable

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

I think Quartzy helped transition our start-up to a small business away from using excel spreadsheets when we needed a low cost alternative. We will be moving away from it shortly though because we've out grown the abilities of the software, and can not keep up with the manual entry required.

Pros

I like the automatic quoting and matching when it can save us money. I use the export feature to run statistics on our procurement process and spending. I like that its free and has an easy to use dashboard to see where items are in the process. Having access to punchouts as a small business is a perk!

Cons

I don't like that they quote items that'll cost MORE to get from Quartzy, and to a new user is can look misleading. I don't like that when you purchase items through Quartzy that they don't make the request form editable. Quartzy does not connect to our ERP, so we have to do a lot of manual work. The import template is awful because it doesn't match the request button, so I still get stuck doing manual entry work. Also I wish they had a "viewer" authority level because I have many people that want to check status of orders, but that should not be able to place orders.

Sima L.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Experience with Quartzy

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Pros

It provides an user-friendly interface for us to manage all the ordering and stock in the lab. We can easily track the orders and manger the items we have in the lab. Especially for a big lab like us, this is really helpful.

Cons

Overall is good; just sometimes the website is a bit slow.

Annie L.
  • Industry: Plastics

I love everything about Quartzy

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Logging our chemical inventory is easier, logistics of requesting and purchasing items is easier. I spend less time managing this process so I can get on to doing other things.

Pros

My company started using Quartzy as an chemical inventory service and loved it. I previously was using an excel sheet to log all our chemicals. Using Quartzy I am able to accurately log and edit all incoming chemicals super easily. After about a year of using Quartzy as just an inventory service, we started purchasing from Quartzy and I could not be more pleased. It is SO easy to request items, purchase from Quartzy, alert the requested to when the item has arrived, and then add the new item to the inventory.

Cons

I really do not like the shop search bar being at the top of the page when I am looking at the inventory or another page. It is confusing and I accidentally type in what I want to search in my inventory into the shop all the time!

• Industry: Biotechnology

Positively changed the way we manage our lab

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Really enjoy the software for the types of work that we do, and it has made a major impact on the organization and ordering of our chemical inventory. I would highly recommend to any lab that purchases chemicals and biological components on a regular basis, or who is looking for a fairly flexible inventory system.

Pros

Quartzy serves as our lab inventory and chemical management software as well as the primary site we use to place orders and price-match. It allows us to segment the lab to better organize the storage of components, making the tracking of inventory much more simple and streamlined. Ordering and reordering is a breeze - things that we have previously purchased can be ordered again in seconds, and new products are price-matched and shopped around to various vendors. A final (huge) perk is the discounts and free shipping provided from various vendors, often making it cheaper to order through Quartzy rather than deal with obtaining quotes directly.

Cons

The biggest problem we face is a lack of transparency regarding backorders and shipping delays. I understand that much of this the fault of the specific vendor and not something easily solved, but there seem to be a variety of chemical suppliers that show up in a search with great prices, but who never see to actually stock any inventory. It would be nice to have a way to remove those suppliers from a custom search.

Jenny M.

Quartzy's a good software

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

I like the system overall. It's much better than an excel sheet and multiple people can be in the system at once. I like the history feature and easily adding items from receipt into inventory.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use and links to websites. Lots of communication and some history.

Cons

I would like to see that an admin has more control over what can be added in the dropdowns. More access to make fields mandatory. Implement kanban or pars for inventory and barcodes. When you receive an email about an order you can click the link and it will take you directly to that order.

Sara H.

Quartzy for Laboratory Supplies

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

I find Quartzy to be easy to use for finding things that I need for my lab and it gives an additional way for me to keep track of a lab inventory and/or a way to keep track of previous purchases for recurring lab items that is convenient.

Pros

First, let me say that the customer service has been at least as good as anywhere else I have ever ordered from, if not better. I generally find that I can often get items that my lab needs at the same price (or cheaper) and Quartzy is more transparent about the shipping costs and the status of shipment/estimated delivery dates. Sometimes I order from Quartzy instead of the direct company for things that I need just for these features.

Cons

I feel like some of the organizational features, like search filters, aren't always available or aren't always given to me as helpful options. And I feel like when I put a search into the search bar, my results aren't always as appropriate to my search as I would like. Sometimes it feels like you must make certain searches in a very specific way to have the best return on your search results. And sometimes I get filter options that filter out ALL of my results if I apply them, and I don't think that should be how the filter options populate for a search.

Krishna K.
  • Industry: Nanotechnology

A comprehensive lab management system

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Excellent! everybody who uses is find it intuitive and useful. It has streamlined our workflows.

Pros

Quartzy captures our purchasing workflow, inventory management, and an online shopping/recommendation service into one seamless system that forms the backbone of our lab operations.

Cons

It will be great if Quartzy could implement a URL filter service which picks up the item name/supplier etc. from just the URL and makes the order request placement simpler+faster

Jessica V.

Ever growing and ever awesome

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Pros

Still can't believe it's free. We use this for order requests, inventory, price matching, and shipment tracking. I also appreciate that Quartzy is constantly trying to help their customers more, and reach out for feedback. Not only is customer service with them a breeze, but they want you to enjoy using their product. I love it!

Cons

I have seen a demo of a mobile app and I'm so excited to see if and when that rolls out

Timothy H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Quartzy Wins for Lab research purchasing

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

I love it - Given the restrictions of UCLA ordering, it's been very helpful and the support team very helpful with returns, changes to PDFs generated for printing.

Pros

I liked that it cost the end user nothing, I like that it provides a a clear progression though the ordering process in terms of ordering and receiving items. I like that it provides a comparison to the prices available if ordered thought quartzy directly. Sometimes that can be a better deal even when compared to UCLA pricing though other vendors.

Cons

I with it would remember that I am not interested in swapping out some of our products to the quartzy version, I would be nice if after declining a dozen times, they might stop offered the same product as a replacement.

Lisa R.

Quartzy review

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

It is easy for my office to add requests and I can place the orders from anywhere in an orderly fashion. Again customer service is terrific in getting back to you timely and efficient in solving problems.

Pros

The ease of ordering whether from Quartzy or linking me thru the URL but most of all customer service is fantastic. Keeping track of items previously ordered and basic inventory at my finger tips is great too!

Cons

one common issue I have is putting PO numbers on the requested item page and they disappear if you use the same PO for several items. I rely on the PO's when I check items in as received cross referencing with the shipping list.

Erin H.

Quartzy Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Pros

This software is great for keeping track of all of our lab purchases. It is most helpful for researcher to login and search for products they purchased years ago to request again. The layout is organized and easy to find exactly what you're looking for. Our lab have used it for a couple of years now and we still enjoy it.

Cons

One of the things we would like to see in this software is an option for the request fields to change depending on the type of products one is requesting to order. As a lab we also make animal purchases and it would be great to have animal orders integrated into quartzy to keep all orders in one place. These types of orders require different information than the typical lab supplies.

Isha M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Placing orders has never been so easy!

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

We transitioned from placing orders in excel sheets to Quartzy. I have been using this software for 4 years now. It is very user-friendly and saves us a lot of time and effort.

Pros

In a big research laboratory setting like ours, we constantly place orders. It is very easy to retrieve previously placed orders and re-order the product. Notifications from Quartzy are also helpful to track the arrival of your product. Quartzy gives us competitive prices for our product in the market which saves us time and money.

Cons

I haven't had any issues working with Quartzy yet.

Oliver L.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Great for keeping track of lab inventory

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Pros

Quartzy works great for managing lab orders all in one place - a lot of the product info gets auto-populated from many vendors which saves time, and things can be auto-added to the existing inventory once they're received. It's also great at keeping track of storage locations, which makes finding tubes and vials easy.

Cons

It would be nice to have a threshold for auto-reordering of commonly used reagents and consumables, and the inventory system needs users to update the amount in stock manually so it's still possible to run out of things. It would also be nice to have a way to integrate the inventory registry with ELNs to keep track of what's being used in experiments.

Janice S.

Purchasing Simplified

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

We used to keep everything in a handwritten book, where it was up to me to figure out handwriting - therefore leaving a chance for error - now it is all in one place and employees must complete certain criteria that we set forth so everything is right there for ease of ordering with stock numbers and reason and project code.

Pros

Everyone that needs it, is accessable to them. Puts all purchases from any vendor in one place. Also offers options from Quartzy - same material. When entering a product offers options on different vendors and compariable product.

Cons

Should be a easier option on choosing quartzy and then change your mind to another vendor, it does not let you go back. Also recalling a previous order to re-order it doesn't let you change quantity. (unless this is a training issue)

Cornelia W.

A life saver

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

This has been a life saver. Has been instrumental in streamlining the organization of the lab. Has been an outstanding instrument to bring the team together.

Pros

Easy use. Perfectly organized. Done by somebody who has been in our shoes.

Cons

You could build a feature that allows to connect an ordered product to a specific method.

Justin L.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Quartzy is amazing

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Amazing. Quartzy has really improved our workflow.

Pros

I work for a small startup company and Quartzy changed our lives. Ordering is so much easier, and their store is a great value. Quartzy is the best lab ordering system I've ever used.

Cons

None. Maybe more data integration and reports, but we have no issues with quartzy.

Ashley L.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Good for basic lab management

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Quartzy is overall "okay." There isn't much to complain about, but there isn't much to rave about either. The platform does its job. However, since our lab does most of the purchasing there seems to be a disconnect between our lab and Accounting, even though we all have access to the site. I wish there were more admin/organization features that allows better tracking of received items so there is better communication between us (the purchaser) and our accounts payable (the payer), thus allowing for more timely payments to both Quartzy and outside vendors.

Pros

The site is pretty self explanatory and not hard to use, making it easy for those who are not technologically aware.

Cons

I dislike how Quartzy will "recommend" similar products and make the dashboard look and feel cluttered. The search bar is also pretty useless, since it'll either be too specific and not find what you are looking for or be too general and give you things you originally weren't searching for. I also really dislike how Quartzy makes it a lot harder to revert a requested item back to its original vendor. It's as if it wants to make it difficult/not possible so that you're forced to purchase through Quartzy.

Olga I.

Lab manager opinion

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Great customer service - very helpful and efficient.

Pros

Great ease to find compatible products and to order. Great integration with business.

Cons

The upgrade of the software a couple of years ago turned out to be a downgrade - I contacted the technical team multiple times about it, but in vain. The icons Ordered, Approved, Place order used to be all different colors and fonts which provided a great ease to search, keep a record and do and instant check. Now all those functions are blended and require much greater effort to find something or see the full picture instantly.

Jacob T.

ARL review of quartzy

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

we have really liked working with quartzy. the visibility company wide on orders has been great.

Pros

Its easy to review inventory and purchases made through quartzy. they also have a large catalog to order from.

Cons

pricing can be higher than through other websites.

Melba C.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Quartzy Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Overall my experience with Quartzy has been great.

Pros

I like that the history of purchase is available because it makes it easier for me to search for products purchased throughout the years.

Cons

There is nothing that I like the least regarding this software.

Yikun C.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Quartzy is a convenient software

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

It is a convenient software for companies or labs with mass ordering daily. The interface of Quartzy is comfortable and easy to use. The functions of Quartzy is helpful for managing the purchases and keep track on inventories.

Pros

It is very easy for new users to learn the operation of the software. And the promotion provided by the Quartzy can help you to order some items from small vendors, which protect you from tedious registration and complicated payment.

Cons

I hope the ads can be concealed after I rejecting them. The auto generation of PO forms is another wonderful feature.

Ferass S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Quartz Makes Lab Work Efficient

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

I cannot see our lab using any other software for purchasing. Prior to Quartzy, we manually documented purchases with shared excel sheets, which became unorganized very quickly. I would recommend Quartzy to any lab.

Pros

The ease of finding products through a single database makes purchasing for our lab simple and organized. There is also the fact that Quartzy automatically compares the price of the requested product to similar products from other vendors.

Cons

The inventory system may sometimes be difficult to manage. However, the tab system makes it easier than before.

Anusha G.

Quartzy usage

Excellent

Pros

It is very easy to use. Helps us keep a tab of what we are buying. Easy to search the last order or who ordered the item.

Cons

Actually, none at all. I have had a great experience

Priyanka K.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

User friendly and good for lab organization

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

I am the lab manager for my research group. Quartzy is a convenient way for me to place orders and update existing inventory all in one place.

Pros

Maintaining inventory is really easy, sorting things into categories. Its an easy way to allow everyone to put in their order requests in one place.

Cons

The shop section could be better organized for a more convenient experience.