Affinity Designer Reviews

Affinity Designer

Graphic & vector design software for creative professionals

Glen
Glen
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Dump Illustrator and use this epically great software

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Very positive, I like how much power I have over the image I create! And how there are not so many panels everywhere it takes a while to get used to if you are switching from Adobe, but there is an elegance to their thinking!

Pros

Fluid ease of use, very little is a struggle to understand! Compared to Illustrator this is an exercise in brilliant illustration vector software! This is quality software well thought out and a joy to use!

Cons

Nothing, although gradients could be easier to apply! They are a struggle to find, but once you do they are logical and easy to find, just do not expect to find a panel for everything like in Adobe software!

• Industry: Online Media

Affinity Designer is a Worthy Contender in the Design Software Space

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Affinity Designer feels like a friendlier vector design option as compared with some of the other usual suspects. While old-school designers and illustrators may prefer a more traditional approach, A.D. doesn't make you work quite as hard for basic shapes, text, etc. On the other hand, the departures may make it a harder transition for more experienced users. And, while this isn't a reflection on the software specifically, as a newer addition to the space, there are fewer tutorials available. I don't use it exclusively in design work, but I definitely favor it in many ways.

Pros

The interface is user-friendly, although there is definitely a learning curve coming from other vector design packages. I appreciate that there is a library of built-in shapes. When I'm trying to work through a design, I'd rather not have to draw a call-out or a cog or a heart. It's nice to be able to just pop them in. I also find that the basic text tool is friendlier than other packages.

Cons

There are some features that don't work as intended or are missing entirely, when compared against other vector design software. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to auto-trace a raster image, which would be helpful for my use.

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

I haven't completely made a switch, but I use both packages. I find Affinity Designer to be easier to use and enjoy some of the added features, like the ability to easily create common shapes.

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

It's significantly less expensive than Adobe Illustrator and doesn't require a subscription fee. But I also just like overall design.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Adequate for my vector graphics needs, disappointed about lack of features.

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

It takes some getting used to, switching from Adobe Illustrator. The learning experience was fast for me, although there is not "much to learn" due to the lack of features. But overall, I am satisfied with this software because of all the value it provides.

Pros

I love that this is a one-time purchase software that is really cheap for small studios and freelancers. If you make any amount of money with design, there is no reason why you should not get Affinity Designer.
Blazingly fast, you can scroll, zoom, and create designs super quickly and smoothly.
I love the fact that you can use it for basic "Photoshop"y things as well.

Cons

The pathfinding options are clunky.
Lack of useful features like "blend tool", "shape builder tool"
Lack of basic features like a vector-based pattern fill.
Edge artifacts when exporting.

Budget alternative to Adobe's increasingly expensive product line..

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

The pricepoint and feature set make this a steal when you compare it to Adobe's competitor Illustrator. We bought a single license and had our most experienced designer test drive it. He ultimately recommended it and we've enjoyed a huge cost savings for software, while not missing a beat in terms of workload and output.

Pros

This is a fantastic alternative to Adobe's Illustrator, especially at Affinity's pricepoint. To be fair, we're not a design agency first, we make websites and do marketing primarily. However, when we do want to work with vector graphics, Affinity Designer matches up almost 1:1 with Adobe Illustrator. The real pro is the one-time fee of $50 instead of a full adobe suite subscription. This allows our small team to effectively open, edit, and export vector graphics, without having a several hundred dollars per month bill to foot. For small teams, this is a huge win. I'd imagine some experienced designers will scoff that a few of their old shortcuts don't work, but all in all, the interface and function almost mirrors Adobe's for a fraction of the cost. We also use their photo editing software too, which replaces Photoshop.

Cons

Some of the terminology and keyboard shortcuts made the onboarding slightly more difficult for our long-time Adobe Illustrator users, but they've adopted nicely over time. There's always growing pains when you switch tools, but there are many more features that do match up 1:1 that this was a no brainer for our company.

• Industry: Building Materials

Illustrator Alternative, Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

I love that I am able to open all of my old Adobe files seamlessly, for the most part. Yes, there are some minor things missing from the software but, for someone who does web and graphic design on a daily basis, this is a phenomenal software solution. Not to mention the normal $50 one-time purchase cost (currently only $25 due to COVID-19).

Pros

They are constantly improving this software and making it the perfect 1:1 replacement for Adobe Illustrator, without the paywall. It's easy to use and understand while having advanced enough features for even the most technical users.

Cons

I wish I had the potential to seamlessly switch between the affinity app suite, like their Publisher software allows. It would be convenient for small changes using tools from my other Affinity products.

Jason
Jason

Extremely viable alternative to Photoshop and Illustrator

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

The software is very familiar if you come from Photoshop and Illustrator, but manages to make it a smoother and more modern feeling experience. As far as I can tell all the main tools you'd need from Adobe's software is here. Best of all, you pay the price you'd pay for one month of Adobe software... and you actually own it! So if you can't or don't want to pay for the upgrade in a couple years, you aren't just up poop creek like you are with Adobe.

Cons

The only con I have encountered so far is the lack of a button you can hold to switch to colorpicker. This would speed up my workflow a fair bit.

Sketch

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

Adobe is too expensive and you don't own the projects you make with it, since opening them is dependent on an ongoing license.

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

I love that Affinity handles both Vector and Raster, and works on Mac and Windows as well as iOS.
Andrés
Andrés
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

An Illustrator for me

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I started using Affinity Designer because is a smaller app than others than do practically the same for me.

Pros

Affinity Designer is light, fast and new.
When I say it's light is because it's much lighter than it's competitors and updates are not a headache.
Is faster than others trying to do simple tasks. Some products I have used are lagging when trying to do a font search.
It's new, and that it's the best feature of all. Affinity Designer came out to the market as a fair competitor to Illustrator. Oh, yes...it also works with Creative Cloud files.

Cons

Full of bugs, I hope they could fix them soon.
It doesn't have a great community online (YouTube videos, discussion blogs, etc), it's not as popular as Illustrator or Corel Draw.

Arvindkumar
Arvindkumar

One of the best design softwares in the market

Reviewed on 2019/10/06

Pros

The design tools in Affinity Designer are simplified, making shorten the design process. I appreciate the clean user interface in their softwares. The tools are up to date and also offers formats that meets the industry standard.

Cons

There have been some minor problem while I am using the software such as program automatically closed while I was doing my work. I hope they are able to fix the issue that I've encountered in the foreseeable future.

Tony
Tony
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Excellent and Growing Alterntive

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Very positive with solid forum based support and very responsive Staff members.

Very positive with solid forum based support and very responsive Staff members.

Pros

I chose the Affinity Suite as the alternative subscription model for Adobe CC suite wasn't giving me great value.
Designer is a very close match to Illustrator for what I use it for.

Cons

As with every new tool, there are subtle differences, but it's not a difficult process to learn and the training material is available.

Awesome prodcut costing little

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Pros

It's really easy to use, modern and beautiful UI. Almost all tools to make a digital vector art is present. And really, it's easier than Illustrator.

Cons

I don't like the way bleed works, we can't see the bleed area.

John
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Capable "Owned" Replacements for Adobe Creative Cloud "Leased" Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/11

I'm very pleased with my Affinity products. I have used Affinity Designer (Illustrator replacement) since shortly after it was released and was also an early adopter of Affinity Photo (Photoshop replacement). As of about four weeks ago, I relegated the Adobe CS6 apps to a legacy machine and in that time, I have found no reason to go back to them. (Note: I have never used Adobe CC, since it is leased. The apps that I moved to a legacy Mac was CS6.)

The only feature that I wish Affinity would add is "background texture" in "effects". It would speed up my uses of effects.

The only feature that I wish Affinity would improve is their "live" view of effects changes.

There is a learning curve. Some things are more difficult that with comparable Adobe apps, but others are much easier. I'm a Photoshop guru and have not found anything I can do in Photoshop that I can't do in Affinity Photo. The same applies to Affinity Designer, but I'm not an Illustrator guru.

All in all, I'm "extremely pleased" with the Affinity apps. They are respectable "owned" replacements for the comparable Adobe "leased" apps. I have bid adieu to Adobe and after more than a month, I've found no reason to look back.

Pros

Both Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer are excellent and capable replacements for the Adobe CC packages they replace. But most of all, unlike the Adobe apps they replace, I "OWN" the Affinity apps.

Although I don't use Affinity software every day, when I need it, I need it immediately. I cannot afford to be denied access to leased software, simply because some black hat hacked a license server that I have no control over. As a former white hat hacker and IT Director, I know the risks all too well. That's why I only use software that I "own".

Big companies spend tons of money on security. But despite all the high-end security software and procedures, we've all heard about numerous Fortune 500 companies and even the US government getting hacked. Not only is there no guarantee that a license server won't be hacked, but such servers are major targets. By contrast, my computer is a minor target. Sure, I can still be hacked. But if that happens, I can restore everything from an on-site backup in an hour. OTOH, if a hacker gets into a license server and sets all licenses to "expired", it could take days or even weeks for a company with 100K+ licenses to correct the problem, during which time, the license holders are down.

I "OWN" my Affinity software. It cannot be turned off.

Also, Affinity does not force you to update to the latest version, as do certain leased apps. I typically delay updating any app till I've had a chance to read the blogs about the update.

Cons

The way effects handles background textures is quite different from Photoshop and Illustrator and there is a resultant learning curve. That said, you can, with just a little more effort, achieve an output that is almost identical to what came from the comparable Adobe app. In fact, once you learn how to manipulate the effects, you can some times create a better looking output than what can be produced with an Adobe app.

There are some shortcut keys that are in Adobe apps, for which I have not yet found a comparable shortcut in the Affinity apps. OTOH, there are some shortcuts in the Affinity apps that are no available at all in the comparable Adobe products.

The negatives with Affinity apps are very minor, compared to the positives of being an "owned" product.

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

Replaced Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator - For some time, I have been using the no longer supported Adobe CS6 suite, in order to avoid being held hostage by the Adobe CC leasing scheme. Since Adobe CC was released, I was actively looking for a respectable replacement for Photoshop and Illustrator. When I found Affinity Designer, I was very excited. But Illustrator was a secondary tool for me. My primary tool was Photoshop and at that time, Affinity Photo was not available. But when Affinity Photo was released, I was elated. It was far more than I would have expected of a first release of a Photoshop competitor. In fact, it should not be called a Photoshop competitor. It's a Photoshop replacement, plain and simple. Moreover, with a few minor changes, it could soon be a Photoshop "Upgrade".

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

Affinity Photo is easier to use than GIMP and has better support. Pixelmator Pro is not as capable as Affinity Photo. Corel has finally re-released Corel Draw on Mac, but it is far more expensive than Affinity Designer and offers nothing that Designer does not offer.
Savannah
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Affinity Designer

Reviewed on 2020/05/02

Overall it’s OK but the price point is very low so it makes it somewhat worth it.

Pros

Affinity designer is super cost-effective. It’s easier to use than most designer software’s. They have a lot of support on their website and tutorials on YouTube.

Cons

There are a couple issues that we’ve had while using affinity designer. The program tends to frequently close out by itself. Sometimes I’m unable to download the updates without it crashing. We have to use affinity in conjunction with our Roland BN-20 however some of the add-ons within affinity aren’t compatible and aren’t recognize in versaworks. There aren’t enough tutorials to really grasp everything within affinity. I think it needs a little more work and to be easier to use.

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

Adobe illustrator was too expensive and affinity didn’t have a monthly subscription and it was a download onto our computer rather than on a network.

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

The price point beat all other designer software.
Viktoria

The powerhouse of vector design

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

We use Affinity Designer for a myriad of things - from designing logos and graphics for websites, to making merch design for our web comic. The great UI and amazing performance are an upgrade from our previous vector design software.

Pros

Affinity designer is the software I was waiting for as long as I remember. It has all the options of the mainstream competition, but for the fraction of the price. The best part of it is that Affinity Designer does what it does perfectly. But, the thing that attracted me to the Serif software, Affinity Designer and it's sister products Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher, is not only that. They offered their software for absolutely free for three entire months when the COVID pandemic started, and then for another three months later on. All the time, their price was down to 50% as well. They were not only the best, but the most human and kind. And that is the kind of company I want to give my money to.

Cons

A solid bitmap tracing option would be nice.

Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

We switched to Affinity software because we fell in love with the companies spirit. They offered their product for free to those who needed it the most. Needless to say, we bought the full suite after just a few days of use. Discovering Affinity was, to me, as exciting as making my first steps in vector design years ago.

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

The affordable price and the completeness of the package were the middle ground between the expensive and the free option we were looking at.
Hailey

Great graphic design software

Reviewed on 2022/02/11

Pros

Affinity Designer is a great one-time purchase software for graphic design. It has more features than the free program I was using previously and has allowed me to create more detailed designs for use in my business.

Cons

I don't have any formal training in graphic design so learning a new program can be difficult. I tend to turn to Youtube for tutorials and unfortunately there aren't a lot of tutorials for Affinity Designer compared to some of the other major design programs out there.

Adobe InDesign

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

I was looking for program with more features as my design needs changed in my business. I needed to be able to work with images as well as vector files and Adobe Designer seemed to be a good fit.

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

At the time I installed Affinity Designer, they were offering an extended free trial. This made it easy to install and try out the software before purchasing and the lengthy trial period gave me time to learn more about how to use the software at my own pace. When my trial expired, Affinity was still offering a great deal on the purchase price of the software so I happily purchased. The main alternative I considered was Adobe who charge a subscription for use of their software. I prefer a one-time fee over a subscription as the subscription price quickly surpasses the cost of purchasing the software and becomes an ongoing business expense.
Deborah

Versatility and Easy to Learn

Reviewed on 2022/07/01

Time saving: - Repetitive tasks:
There are some intuitive features I'm learning about, while I was...

Time saving: - Repetitive tasks:
There are some intuitive features I'm learning about, while I was creating a template for printable stickers, I discovered after one 'duplicate' was dragged under the last, the next one would go to the space under that one (with just using the duplicate again). Saving time as I learn more and more.

Pros

This is the easiest to learn in graphic design software. I like that I can edit parts of a design and link or embed the update. I have created book covers (for print), e-book templates, and recently a sticker series (convention logo sticker items for event items). It has helped me save time (revising templates instead of building from scratch with each one), and I was able to create exactly what the client wanted.

I've also created marketing graphics for social and launches of books and media (for clients). I can create custom templates to save time with each project (and there are a lot of built in custom templates already).

Cons

The main thing I like the least is that the Affinity software is not 'one' integration. It is three different programs. This is not my favorite thing for a few reasons, but, mostly I wish they were one, because I have started at least three projects in the wrong one (of the three I have).

Krita and Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

GIMP does not have true CMYK option (for printing services who still use CMYK Printers), and Adobe is expensive in comparison (Affinity has NO monthly fee ).

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

I chose Affinity over Adobe because of price, and over Krita because it seems to work best when I would drop a finished design into it and then adjust the CMYK (so I basically used GIMP and Krita together). It is easier to just use Affinity Designer (for designing and CMYK).
Pinar
  • Industry: Design

My Preferred App For Vector Drawing

Reviewed on 2022/11/11

Even though it has some restrictions, I love using Affinity Designer and use it instead of Illustrator about 90% of the time. I switch back to Illustrator only when I have something I can't achieve with Affinity Designer. But the app gets updates pretty regularly so I'm hoping that it will only get better and better with each update.

Pros

The interface felt so easy to handle, uncluttered, and user-friendly after Illustrator. Even though Affinity Designer lacked some features that Illustrator has, it became my favorite drawing app very quickly and is still after using it for more than a year daily.

Cons

I'm hoping that Affinity will introduce an image trace feature soon. This feature is not only important for tracing images (which I don't really do) but also for using some custom vector brushes. For example, I bought some lovely watercolor vector brushes for Affinity Designer from a website just to realize that what I draw with them in Affinity Designer doesn't become a real vector image. When I tried the Illustrator version of the same brushes in Illustrator, I could get true vector drawings. Then I realized how important image tracing actually is.

RAJESH
  • Industry: Design

Ditch Adobe Illustrator. Get Affinity Designer NOW

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I love this tool for graphic design. The learning curve is short, the tool itself is inexpensive (no recurring cost) and I look forward to use it on a daily basis - it's so intutive.

Pros

The best thing about Affinity Designer is not that it is feature rich, but that it has all the essential features for designing/illustration. This software can be bought for a low price (one-time) unlike Adoble Illustrator which demands you pay monthly license fee. The software is easy and intutive to use and I was able to learn the essentials within a week or so. You get basic photo editing features like selection tools for cropping, blending modes, etc.

Cons

Certain useful features like gradient map, 3D, mockups, etc. that are available in Illustrator may not be available with Affinity Designer. But I am OK with this - too many features make us forget essential ones. Besides, the magic wand tool available in Affinity Photo is not available in Affinity Designer - for precise cropping of people, etc. I wish Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo were a single software.

Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

I was not happy with the high monthly subscription cost charged by Adobe Illustrator.

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

I know Inkscape is free, but Affinity Designer has an awesome community on Facebook. I love the energy and enthusiasm around this product.
Skyler
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Perfect Adobe Illustrator Alternative

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

My experience with Affinity Designer has been great. I am a professional writer and only use graphic design and photo editing software a few times per month. I kept Adobe CS6 until it was no longer supported, and then moved to an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for a year. It wasn't worth the money for me considering how infrequently I used it. Affinity Illustrator and Photo have allowed me to cancel my Adobe subscription, and have a full-featured graphic design program which covers 95% of all my needs. For the price, there is not a better option anywhere!

Pros

I love that Affinity Designer has most of the essential graphic design features of Adobe Illustrator, for a fraction of the price. You can buy Designer outright with a one-time purchase for the price of just ONE month of an Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. The software is intuitive and easy to use, and is starting to become more popular amongst designers. If you come from Illustrator, there is only a small learning curve, and new features are constantly being added to bring it up to par with AI.

Cons

Some features are frustratingly similar to Adobe Illustrator, but slightly different, which can take time to figure them out, and slow down your workflow. Minor annoyances include not being able to trace a PNG into a vector, and not being able to merge vectors into one layer. Also, there aren't as many YouTube tutorials as AI, and Affinity only has videos for each function rather than a full course from beginner to pro, which makes it difficult to learn.

Matthew
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product if you are interested in moving away from subscription software.

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I have used Affinity designer for a number of years and the product has exceeded my expectation for the price of the software. It continues to receive useful updates and remains a strong competitor to other design software offerings.

Pros

I love that the Affinity Designer software is a one time purchase and has not become a subscription product like many others have. The product has all the features you need for advanced design work any is a great value for the price that you pay. There is a full range of features and instruction on using the various tools is more and more widely available.

Cons

Sometimes I find that the tools in Affinity are not quite as intuitive as some other design software programs but generally a quick internet search will provide the instructions I need to get over the hurdle.

Leighton
Leighton

Excellent alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2021/07/18

With the exception of a few missing features and performance issues that would be nice to have, the experience has been excellent.

Pros

Affinity Designer is very affordable alternative that does most things as well as Adobe Illustrator (and a few things it does even better!) The UI is actually more intuitive than Illustrator in most ways, and those who come from Photoshop or Illustrator will have absolutely no problems adjusting to it. Affinity Designer is perfect for UI design, and illustration.

Cons

Unfortunately Affinity Designer is missing some of the more advanced features available in Illustrator, though none of these will be a deal-breaker for most users. The Affinity suite of apps also seems to have some (mostly non-critical) issues with memory management. Complex files can cause the software to become rather sluggish even on high-end computers. Adobe Illustrator is not immune to this, but this seems to happen with less complex files with Affinity Designer.

Inkscape and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Adobe Illustrator

Great software at a very affordable price

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

For the price, you honestly just can't ask for more. I haven't used everything it offers, and I know it's probably a few steps behind adobe, but it does everything that I need it to, and it does it well.

Pros

I have been looking for software like inDesign and Photoshop without breaking the bank. I wanted software that was functional, easy to use and set up, and something that didn't require a subscription. When I found Affinity, I was blown away with how good it was. And the fact that the publisher software works hand in hand with the photo software is a very nice touch. Coming from Adobe, the learning curve was relatively low, and I could open my old adobe files and pick up where I left off. Very, very happy with my purchase.

Cons

If I have to include cons, I'm going to have to be nit-picky. I wish I could safe natively to other file types (I can export to indesign file types, or photoshop file types, just not with the save function) but that is very minor. In some documents, exporting to a PDF took some time, although it was a very large document and not normal to do under any piece of software. Overall though, these are very, very minor issues.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

I made the switch due to pricing.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

I chose this strictly due to pricing.
Sean

Superior to Adobe Illustrator in just about every way

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Affinity Designer is not just an alternative to Adobe Illustrator. In my opinion it is a superior competitor and does so without the onerous subscription model forced on Adobe users.

Pros

I've been using Affinity Photo, Designer and now Publisher for years. I have consistently found their products to be far superior to the alternatives from Adobe in terms of performance, UI and the tools available. Given that they were originally designed specifically for the Mac, their performance and usability has always outstripped Adobe.

Cons

There aren't any real cons to Designer. The only criticism I have of the overall creative suite from Affinity is that there is, as of now, no solution similar to Lightroom. The main focus of my business is photography, so being able to organize and make basic adjustments would be wonderful.

Sketch

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Designer

Poor performance and Adobe's subscription model.

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Designer

Better tool set and polish.
Paul

The software Adobe doesn't want you to know about

Reviewed on 2023/02/12

I think it far surpasses Adobe at a great price point. While there are some things that are convenient with Adobe, it does not warrant the price. While it may not be the most popular too for graphic design, it is still one of the best by far.

Pros

I started looking for something cheaper than Adobe. While Adobe has the market corned, the price is very high considering it is a subscription based service. I started looking into Affinity during the pandemic after downloading the iPad app. After some research, I decided to take the plunge and try it out. The price was only $50 with no subscription, which I could easily stomach. The price itself is a huge selling point. I began using Affinity designer and found it far more used friendly than Adobe Illustrator. Because there is no cloud services or extra software, your computer's power goes directly to the app. Plus, because there is an iPad app, you can easily switch between devices.

Cons

If you are used to Adobe products, it will be a learning curve moving to Affinity. you do not have access to Adobe fonts and will need to install font files from either another website or buying them from Adobe. You will also have to think about cloud storage for your projects. I use Google Drive and all of my projects and data sync perfectly.

pranav
pranav
  • Industry: Animation

Best software for creating graphics and illustration for those who are new in this field

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

but my experience with affinity is very very positive and it's my first designer software and it really worked well for me. many many thanks to them.

Pros

when i was starting my career as an animator, so i need a program in which i work to create vector designs and illustration to animate. so i have 2 options in front of me adobe illustrator which is very popular and affinity designer. i have seen the interface of both, and i find affinity designer very easy and simple to create these illustration. it is less confusing for beginners. affinity has a better interface than adobe illustrator. i like it's features and they provided 2 different sections like design persona and pixel persona. it is very helpful for me. yes using affinity i have started my career and now i am successfully running my firm.

Cons

there is nothing to dislike about but as the area which they need to focus is exporting and file compatibility with other software's. this is the only one thing which i find little hard to deal with using affinity as i am using adobe after effects for animations and only eps and png files are supported so it's increases the work while exporting and also there is one problem with export. when exporting and submitting to websites like shutterstock it is unapproved because of rasterization problem and if i select nothing will be rasterized then it will remove all the effects like if i have choosen the transparency effect so it will remove the effect and give me solid color. so that's something i can't figure out till now.

Intuitive vector design tool

Reviewed on 2021/05/14

I found really useful when designing different size ads, since you can have your different size artboards and create symbols, that way every time I needed to change something I could just edit the symbol instead of changing every ad, it really saved us a lot of time at work.

Pros

Definitely the best tool for vector design, the zoom in is infinite, you can have multiple artboards and layers and with Pixel Persona you can have a little of both worlds and do basic image edit. It is really great that you don't need a subscription.

Cons

It can be a little difficult at first, if you learned on a different tool, but once you get used to it you'll love it. I only wish there was a LiveTrace tool, but you can manage without it.