Showing 42 reviews of 31

Statgraphics Centurion

Multilingual data visualization & statistical analytics tool

Showing 42 reviews of 31
Stanley A.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Statgraphics software for Facile and Accurate Analysis - for Statisticians and Nonstatisticians

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

I have used Statgraphics to solve drug quality problems, validate processes, develop sampling plans, assess capability to meet requirements, set specifications, assess process control, identify factors that control outputs, perform simulations, among many others.

Pros

The software explanatory text and graphics with every analysis.

Cons

Software updates appear too infrequently.

• Industry: Medical Devices

Quick and Easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

This software has been my "go-to" package for over 15 years. It is extremely reliable and easy to use. It also offers all the statistical analyses I need for my business.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use. Easy to import raw data as well

Cons

Tutorials could use some improvements for non-standard statistical analyses

Vanessa carolina A.

IT'S A ROBUST PROGRAM THAT FACILITATES THE WORK IN THE AREA OF QUALITY CONTROL AND SENSORY...

Reviewed on 2018/04/21

facilitate to a great extent the fulfillment of my responsibilities and the culmination of my projects.

Pros

That it covers all the functions that I need to embrace in my work area, from the statistical tests to the control charts. Then I can evaluate a large amount of data in a simple way, both in the area of sensory analysis of a product and when performing the statistical control of the quality of a process

Cons

I think that the user interface could be improved a little, making it more enjoyable, and making more dynamic the development of the functions of the program.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Blows Excel out of the water

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Pros

The charting tools are excellent, far better than Excel.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve. You aren't going to get very far if you dont have a solid stats background.

Nitin C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Statgraphics Only Glorious way to do certain stat analyses

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Wonderful experience. We use it for drug Shelf Life determination and calculating Process Capability indices.

Pros

Exceptionally superb customer service. Statgraphics is simple, easy to use, and it is very versatile. It provides some features not available in any other software, e.g Comparison of Regression Slopes, QFD Matrix, Acceptance Sampling chart. Copying results into Report Generator is very convenient. Reliability and distribution fitting functions are very elaborate. Result interpretation is very helpful
representative is highly knowledgeable.

Cons

Help function used to provide Data Tables. Now I do not have access to data table files. Minitab has TEXT functions such as WORD to extract words . This software does not.
Graphic editing is cumbersome. Graphics should provide a foot note of which Data table was used to create results. In SPC command it does not store results of such as UCL, LCL. (Minitab does). It does not store commands used. Do not know if Macro can be used for repeat analysis.

Roger C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Statgraphics for environmental analysis

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

I used it to check environmental monitoring data for problems and to process other data sets. All the applications were simple and now I have a reputation for being a statistics guru.

Pros

The stat advisor feature explains the results technically but also so that I can understand them. Importantly, those results show whether the statistics I am using are meaningful in ways that I would not normally realize because the summary includes tests on the data to determine if the statistic is applied correctly. This feature also makes presenting the results simple if you just cut and paste the text.

Cons

There is no way that I understand to process data before applying the statistics. A new feature to offer that option using the R language is available now but I don't know R

Livio P.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Many options do not work well

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

I have tried to use it many times with large Excel data files of around 1 GB but it has always been a failure and unable to manage this amount of data (big data !!).
In particular, the "big data" option that would be very useful never worked despite numerous attempts and requests for support, which after a while stopped "supporting"
In practice a good "didactic" product but not suitable for "heavy industrial" use.
Quite disappointed even though I occasionally continue to use it

Pros

Great ease of use
Quite complete
Sufficient documentation

Cons

Many options do not work or work badly
Tipically big data

Response from Statgraphics Technologies

Hi Livio,

We are glad you took the time to review Statgraphics and have been using our program for two plus years. The 'Big Data' options you refer to require the use of our 64 Bit version and the data to be in text files, including those of CSV. A large Excel file would have to be saved as a CSV file first then imported. We would be happy to test any specific file you are having issues importing if you email them to us.

Statgraphics is committed to resolving any issue brought to our attention by our clients. Many of our clients do use the program for 'heavy industrial' use. We believe once we resolve the importing issue you will continue to use our program. We are unaware of any issue brought to our attention by a client that has not been resolved by our support team. Please contact [email protected] and we will be sure to work with you directly on this issue.

-The Statgraphics Team

Jörg P.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

too many bugs - bad graphics

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

simple usage, many procedures, compatibility with other programs

Cons

full of bugs - time consuming to figure out how to overcome this.

Response from Statgraphics Technologies

Hi Jorg,

We are glad you took the time to review Statgraphics and are proud to know the Museum fur Naturkunde has used our program for 2 plus years. As you can see from our other reviews, Statgraphics runs in five languages and this situation appears to be unique. We are unaware of any bug you mentioned in your review. If you are able replicate these bugs, please contact [email protected] When reporting an issue, be sure to let us know what version you are using, in what language, and if you have updated the program. We work swiftly to make sure all issues brought to our attention by a client are corrected by our support team.

We are committed to continuously improving our products. Many improvements are based off suggestions from our clients. We also would appreciate any specific suggestions you have for improving our graphics. There are many options to change graphic's defaults in the program. We look forward to continuing this conversation.

-The Statgraphics Team

Laszlo M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Statgraphics is a very valuable tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Statgraphics is a very good statistical program package. The functionality of Statgraphics is so rich that it is not easy to cover or use every one within a short time period. (I had to deliver university lectures on the design and analysis of experiments, where Statgraphics proved to be very useful. I also do some programming using SAS Base, SAS Stats, SAS EG, Stata and several R packages.) I recommend Statgraphics for people who want to do various statistical analyses.

Pros

Very rich functionality. Relatively easy to use. Needs knowledge of statistical methods. Very nice graphics. Very strong in certain areas, where other statistical packages are not so strong, e.g. design of experiments, etc. There is an interface within Sttgraphics to using R packages. Very good teaching materials are available of the user. Statgraphics provided well designed free courses to help users understanding how to solve certain statistical problems regularly.

Cons

There was no such feature of Statgraphics I did not like.

Bernhard T.

at a glance

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

the catchy graphic representation of numerical issues

Cons

missing shortcut commands in the tableau

• Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

One of the best SW

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Pros

This sw get you everything you need for your application

Cons

I would like a new modern look, it seems a bit old

Mario M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My Statgraphics 18 Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Descriptive Statistics, data recognition, linear regression, logistic regression, ridge regression, discriminant analysis, etc...With all the Huge graphical facilities

Pros

Large selection of Statistics procedures, easy to use, graphical facilities for Data understanding, low price

Cons

Not like SPSS Modeler (Old Clementine) : easy data join and filter from any source; facility to link the mathematical models solutions. You create and follow your own Models flow.

Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Textiles

lots of stat function with good tutorials

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

The Statgraphics team has been very responsive when I have had technical issues with the software, typically responding to email inquiries within an hour or two. The software tutorials are very good, showing clearly how to set up an analyses and how to interpret it. The backup stat tutorials, explaining the statistics, are excellent as well.

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use with excellent tutorials. The thing I like the most about the Statgraphics software though is the brief stat interpretations included as part of the analysis reports. For users who are not stat professionals, the interpretations are very helpful in making sure users understand the meaning of the data.

Cons

Occasionally, one of my files will get corrupted somehow and cause the program to crash every time the corrupted file is opened. The report generator is very bare bones, so exporting the report to a .rtf file then editing it with a standard text editor is necessary to achieve good formatting for printability.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A complete data analysis software

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

In research fields, all the experimental results and simulations have to be statistical validated. For a user with no background in data analysis, it is difficult to calculate condifence bounds, carry out hypothesis tests and multivariate analysis. Statgraphics has been very useful to understand the results obtained and validate the approaches we propose by means of statistical methods.

Pros

This software integrates a large amount of tools for data analysis. It permits to carry out univariate and multivariate analysis easily. Also, the StatAdvisor allows the user not only to get the mathematical results, but to analyze them with statistic fundamentals.

Cons

Despite the StatFolio is comparable to Excel Sheets or Google Sheets, the data has to be ready for statistical analysis. In the case of atypical values, or just the user trying to make operations between columns, this software only permits the user to delete or replace values.

Alan Z.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Applied statistical analysis for the masses

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Extremely pleased and satisfied. Our office was, and remains, an innovator by applying statistical analyses (especially regression) to mass appraisal for real property tax assessments. It has also proved invaluable for fee appraisals by determining whether functional utility variables, e.g., car parking, number of baths, building square footage, walk-out basement, etc. provide value in a neighborhood and, if they do, by what dollar amount. That quantitative basis is a very powerful asset especially for valuation assignments where expert witness testimony in litigation is involved.

Pros

Its StatAdvisor which translates high-level statistical analysis into plain English readers and users can digest and use. This was the program's main attraction and selling point over the competition because it would be used by Deputy Assessors who had no background whatsoever in statistics. My Deputies went from complete neophytes to skilled users during our first general assessment. Now, four years later, they are digging-in much deeper given their confidence gained by not being made to feel ignorant or inadequate as they learned how to properly apply Statgraphics' broad range of statistical techniques we use.

Cons

Somewhat clumsy performance when all five of us are hitting it hard. At some times, the program seems to get narcoleptic or confused presenting incorrect output. Deleting and recreating that process fixes the problem.

Juan pablo H.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Using Stat graphics Centurion

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

I have performed all validation analyzes, stability tests, experiment design, and trend analysis associated with the pharmaceutical industry.

Pros

1. Intuitive, integrated and easy to use graphical interface.
2. One-click complex statistical procedures .. And beautiful and customizable graphics.

Cons

The time I have been using stagraphics I have not found any disadvantages

Julie V.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy and quixk

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

Statgraphics makes it easy to test a variety of statistical methods at the click of a button. It’s easy to get data into and easy to interpret results.

Cons

There are some tests I would like to have, like more non-parametric options.

Tritti S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

User review

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

- Help function is very useful, a lot of detail description can be found offline.
- Report function is also easy to use

Cons

- A little difficult to start using. There are a lot of functions to choose from. It would be nice to have a guide start for beginner user.

Jonathan C.
  • Industry: Research

Great, user friendly, powerful software

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

Statgraphics provides a very straightforward way for me to carry out the ANOVA analysis I regularly need to carry out on my datasets. I've tried a number of other packages in recent years, and none o those has been able to match Statgraphics for the ease of use.

Cons

Nothing really - I have yet to come across anything that I need to do but can't.

Radu P.

Statgraphics Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

I had a very good experience with Statgraphics

Pros

User Friendliness
Wide coverage of DOE and statistical analysis
Ability to be used for six sigma
Integration with R

Cons

Fonts in some charts are difficult to read and customize
The graphics can be improved

Jose luis L.

JLLH

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Its results have been very useful to me when I have needed it both during studies and working

Pros

Above all, it is easy to use and contains a number of quite relevant functionalities

Cons

Obviously, you could add some more functionality

Jim L.
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Nice but not the best

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Some of our R&D folks still use Statgraphics for trending, control charting, and capability analysis. Once in a great while one of them will try some comparative analysis, but usually they call me for help. Anything DOE or multiple regression related and they come to me for help and I'll use JMP instead of Statgraphics.

Pros

1) The ease of use by non-statisticians is awesome. The menus are structured to make it easy to find what you're looking for. Highly recommended for the common man who does not have a strong background in stats.

2) The Stat-Advisor is a great tool - especially for the non-statistics folks.

3) The dynamic linking of the data to the graphical reports is very nice. The ability to see the impact of new data on existing reports is a great feature.

Cons

1) The installation process is EXTREMELY painful. Because our IT rules do not allow us to have admin rights on our laptops, the multiple back-and-forth validation process imposed by Statgraphics frustrates everybody here that tries to set it up. Often this process takes days to accomplish.

2) Customer support has deteriorated greatly over the last 20 years. I've been a Statgraphics user since the 80's. Back then when you had a problem a simple email resulted in an almost immediate response - often from N.P. himself. In the last 5 years I've had many support requests or questions get completely ignored. Very disappointing to a long time user.

3) The DOE module is the weakest link in the Statgraphics chain. Even in the 80's and 90's when I loved the product and used it exclusively, our Applied Math and Statistics group used JMP for any DOE work because it is just that much better.

4) There is no scripting function or application builder utility. You can save a folio but cannot apply the analyses in that folio to a different data set like you could with a script or macro function.