WordPerfect Office Reviews

WordPerfect Office

Productivity platform for document generation

Julie J
Julie J
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The best word processor

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Overall, WP is far superior to its biggest competitor. I have used it since 1988 (version 4.0) and still use and prefer it as my go-to word processor. The suite also includes Quattro Pro spreadsheet and Presentations slide show and graphics software. It can import and export files to many other formats for compatibility. I have written several books and published them to PDF right from WordPerfect. I love this software.

Pros

WordPerfect has Reveal Codes. This is by far the best tool to help you apply the exact formatting that you want. It allows you to see exactly what formatting is in your document. It makes it easy to drag out any formatting codes that you dont want. I can get the reshlts I want in this program. WordPerfect also has a powerful macro language that helps you automate so many tasks, such as creating custom documents based on criteria that you can answers to queries built In to the macro. You can use programming logic such as IF-THEN, WHILE, FOR, FORNEXT, etc. WordPerfect also has a very powerful merge feature that allows you to merge data into letters, envelopes, and other documents from data files.

Cons

Over the years WordPerfect has leaned towards adopting features from its competitor, which has been pretty annoying to long time WP users.

Michael

New versions not Dragon Naturally Compatible

Reviewed on 2021/07/08

Overall WordPerfect is a tremendous workhorse. Since version 5, I have thought it’s the best word processor out there but I am changing my mind due to the failure of WordPerfect – at least in my mind – keep up with the times.

Pros

Since I have used this version since WordPerfect 4, it is second nature to me. I find formatting for legal documents to be superior to Microsoft Word and of course reveal codes is indispensable. Automatic numbering and the ability to save two other word processing formats or PDF is very good.

Cons

WordPerfect’s Spellchecker, Grammatik (grammar checker), Thesaurus, and dictionary haven't improved in the last five or more iterations. But what drives me nuts is WordPerfect's total disregard for Dragon Naturally Speaking (DNS). They make no attempt to have their product work with DNS. I made the mistake of buying version X9 and had to abandon it to return to version X8 because DNS hadn’t gotten around to making their v.15 compatible with version X9. I certainly didn’t buy the 2020 version and won’t buy the 2021.

Okay so maybe it is Dragon Naturally Speaking’s fault but I am going to continue to use DNS.

Out-of-the-box, DNS is compatible with Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word has a much greater share of the market and that continues to grow. Most of my staff has been with me a long time and are used to WordPerfect. But new hires and temps are not familiar with WordPerfect at all. Thank goodness WordPerfect converts to Microsoft Word or I would have no compatibility with many other law offices.

While they keep improving their PDF compatibility – we use Adobe and Adobe is much slicker than WordPerfect.

If you are going to be part of the 21st century you will start using voice dictation.

My opinion is that the WordPerfect people are riding on their user base. They make some peripheral improvements and sell a new version but really aren't busting their b*tts to make major changes. The people at WordPerfect appear to be cruising and riding it until their user base disapp

Tori

Not worth it

Reviewed on 2022/08/10

Pros

It is easy to make into a PDF and nothing else.

Cons

This product is absolutely not worth your money. I had an issue with my very old Word Perfect and I thought no problem, I need to upgrade it. I have upgraded my software and it has not solved my problem at all. I use this everyday and need this everyday to do my job and make money, and I have not be able to do that. Every time I go to save a document, it tells me the system is not responding. So, basically, I bought the upgrade version and spent $200.00 for nothing because it is still doing the same thing.

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Legal Services

They couldn't have picked a more fitting name!

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

Word perfect helps me to stay organized and reduces my time on projects. I created templates for the differnt types of documents I need, so when I need it, it's ready and available for me.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use. I think everything is laid out so clear and easy to understand that if your an expert or a novice user, you will be able to use the program with ease. I love how there are so many plug ins and things that can interact with the software. If I want to make labels, it walks you through the process. If I want to use a template, it will walk me through it. Your project could be for a toddler level, or for a scientist level. Thats the beauty of this NEARLY perfect software, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

Sometimes setting margins and tabs are difficult for me, but I don't know if that's just me or if I'm not understanding something with the program.

Oliver
  • Industry: Legal Services

WordPerfect Office is a staple for law offices!

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Overall, I've used this program since I could start using a computer. It's remained a great alternative for Microsoft Word. To this day, our law office uses both WordPerfect and Word.

Pros

What I like most about WordPerfect is that it's a staple for law practices everywhere. Although some would say it's older and outdated for modern word processing, I would argue that it's in some ways better than Microsoft Word in that it's simplistic and provides the user more freedom to setup documents how they want it.

Cons

What I like least is that this software is a bit dated. It's still useful, however, it doesn't work well on Macs which our office is currently running on. You need to have a PC to run WordPerfect to its fullest.

Laura M.
Laura M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

WordPerfect is Perfect for the Law Office that Doesn't have Time for Creating "Fancy" Pleadings

Reviewed on 2021/08/04

My overall experience with WordPerfect has been excellent. I use it at my place of work and I also chose to use it for my personal use at home. I also use Microsoft Word, obviously, however, most documents or correspondence I create, tables, databases, budgets for personal use, I always choose WordPerfect - so much easier than Microsoft Word.

Pros

The feature that I like most about this software is that it is very user-friendly, just about anybody can figure it out.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that not many people use it anymore. This can cause issues when sharing documents with clients and such.

Frank
Frank

I always fell comfortable when working in WordPerfect.

Reviewed on 2021/07/08

After using it for some period of months I'm stacked will also use this word processor.

Pros

I was a fun of Word until my friend introduced me to this word processor called WordPerfect. After having a feel of it I've come to realized that this is the excellent word processor I was looking for. A big thank you to the WordPerfect Office team for giving us this wonderful software.

Cons

I cant really find the better thesaurus again. Keep it up for this wonderful software.

Luther
  • Industry: Hospitality

Perfect

Reviewed on 2023/08/07

I have used it for 12 years now. I upgrade yearly adding any new creative ways to make Mo et

Pros

In a world of change Word Perfect maintains ease and use pattern. It’s extremely easy and organizes my home office duties.

Cons

It’s too easy to work from home with this software. Doesn’t make coffee but sure is flexible and reliable

Martina
  • Industry: Law Practice

WordPerfect office is still effective

Reviewed on 2023/07/07

I still love this program and its ease of use. It can also be converted to many other types of documents.

Pros

WordPerfect office is great to use in a lot of settings. There are still some court systems that require the use of this program.

Cons

In a modern world, this program is becoming obsolete due to Microsoft Word.

Richard J
Richard J
  • Industry: Law Practice

I have been using WordPerfect for more than thirty years. It is the best word processor I've...

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

It is easy to use and powerful. I usually create documents on WordPerfect and export them to Word if I need a Word document. It is much easier to create a document on WordPerfect than it is on Word.

Pros

Reveal Code function. It lets you easily correct formating errors. It also allows you to find and replace formatting codes. It imports, edits and exports PDF files. It has a "Make it fit" feature which formats a document into the number of pages you want.

Cons

That it is less popular as Microsoft Word, though it is a better program. This means that fewer third party products support WordPerfect.

Dave
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The Best Word Processor for Mixed Documents

Reviewed on 2022/08/05

For more than 20 years, WordPerfect has been my Office Suite of choice. During most of that time I have had MS Office available, but I find I work much more efficiently in the WordPerfect realm.

Pros

WordPerfect is easy to use, with menus and commands that are clear, and graphic and tabular information is easy to integrate. A favorite feature is "reveal codes" which I keep active so I can easily see what formatting commands are present and effecting what I see. Both draft mode and WYSIWYG (my favorite) writing formats are available. Very easy and intuitive page divisions while writing and booklet printing output options. Plus, publish to and open and edit PDF documents within Wordperfect. Quattro Pro will be familiar to those trained on Excel users.

Cons

The conversion of PPT files to Presenter and vice-versa are not always complete; each program has a different feature set that is sometimes not understood.

Milton
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Blows away Microsoft Office, All versions, for multiple reasons.

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

WordPerfect office, especially once becomes familiar with its powerful customization and programming options, offers powerful adaptability to so many different business and professional and business uses.

Pros

1. Far more powerful that Microsoft Office, all versions
2. Extremely customization using both built in and external programming options.
3. Far easier to troubleshoot problems, when something is not as expected, than Microsoft Office, all versions.
4. Vastly less expensive than Microsoft Office, all versions.

Cons

Few issues versus other choices.
The only way in which Microsoft Office, all versions, was able to win the marketing wars was by controlling the operating system, offering low end versions of Microsoft Office on pre-assembled PCs combined with user unwillingness, laziness to ever compare Microsoft Office products with better alternative.

Loraine
  • Industry: Law Practice

Still the best word processing software around

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

It makes me so much more productive than I am with competing word processors.

It makes me so much more productive than I am with competing word processors.

Pros

WordPerfect is the easiest word processor to learn, to fix errors in, to make formatting changes in, and to make outlines and bullets in. I also use Word, and every time I do, I am reminded of what an inferior product Word is. We do a lot of legal documents with cross-referencing and outlines, and it is so much easier for me to fix those items when something breaks in WordPerfect than in Word that it isn't funny. Also, I can open Word documents in WordPerfect with no problem, and save documents into usable Word files with no problem, while Word doesn't want to let me open WordPerfect files.

Cons

That Word has managed to become the default just because Microsoft is the 800-pound gorilla of software.

Bob

Word Perfect Office Professional

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Long time Wordperfect user since the DOS days in the 90's. Much easier to use versus Word and more things can be done with the program versus the competitor. The other programs in the Corel Office program are compatible converting Microsoft programs/files. Would like to keep using but Corel needs to get mobil program compatible with Android/Apple. This has become very limiting while working in the field.

Pros

Corel keeps the programs moving forward with updates every couple of years. Ease of use, much better functionality versus Word and other Microsoft Office Programs. Appreciative Corel has not gone to annual payment services.

Cons

Does not have an Android App/Program. All our files are saved in Wordperfect format. We cannot access via phone or tablet unless converted at the office to PDF files.

Will

I still prefer WordPerfect over Word

Reviewed on 2021/06/06

Pros

For me WordPerfect has always been my preferred word processing program. I much prefer it over MS Word, I think it is designed better and more user friendly and intuitive. I have used it for over 20+ years now, and will continue to use it even as the world migrates to Word.

Cons

Pretty much every time you exit the program a pop up ad appears, wanting you to buy the latest version of the program at a discounted rate. Even when you click the button to disable the pop up, it still appears and is a bit annoying except now it is just expected.

Charles
  • Industry: Chemicals

Great product and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

We have used this software for years and each version gets a bit more capable while still being backward compatible with earlier documents.

Pros

WordPerfect is a great word processing program
Opens and saves Microsoft Word formatted documents natively.
Reveal Codes feature is a life saver that is unknown in other applications
Presentations is a useful offset to Powerpoint

Cons

Spreadsheet program is not very useful
Overall graphics support in WordPerfect is good, but complex highly formatted documents may freeze or exhibit random rendering artifacts.

Bill

Errored with new windows, 0 tech efforts

Reviewed on 2022/02/05

We hoped to use Corel office for our office administration but now switched over to another brand

Pros

The products wasted a lot of time in crashing with use of our spreadsheets

Cons

The tech assistance promises to look into the issues and offer help with out ever trying.

Heath

Still Going... But Should It be?

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

We use Wordperfect because we collaborate with an organization that refuses to stop using Wordperfect. It works for creating documents and editing them. Large documents are also not a problem, we have a 200 page document we work together on. Truly, it does not compare to MS Word or Google Docs.

Pros

Wordperfect works well as a word processing software. You can create and edit documents. There are a lot of formatting options (but finding them isn't always easy). It has hotkey short cuts which can come in handy, and you can look at the code source formatting.

Cons

The software is not user friendly to new users. If you have been using it for the past 20 years it works great, but it doesn't look much different from then. There currently is NO CLOUD option, which makes this barely useful in the work environment.

Maureen (Missi)

BEST SOFTWARE BY FAR

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

I am a legal secretary and have been in the legal field for going on 26 years now and I have used both Word and WordPefect. I find WP so much easier and more convenient than Word. It makes formatting and typing legal documents so quick and simple.

Pros

I LOVE that you can convert a .wpd document to a .pdf so easily. It's a huge plus.

Cons

I can't think of a thing. I 've been using it for so long. Prefer it over Word any day.

Dewey
Dewey
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1-5 months

Solid But Outdated

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

WordPerfect Office is great if you are in need of an offline word processor, however there are many cloud-based programs that do a better job.

Pros

WordPerfect's formatting tools are very nuanced and allow for greater flexibility over something like Google Docs, which is what we typically use for documents in the office. It even lets you see the code that is used to format the document, so if you are so inclined you can fine tune the document to your liking. WordPerfect also lets you export to Word/PDF file formats, which maximizes it's compatibility with other word processors.

Cons

The user interface looks very outdated, and feels like software from the 90's. Although this doesn't affect functionality much, it IS an eyesore and makes using it feel very clunky. Also, the lack of cloud storage and real-time collaboration makes Google Docs a much better choice for working on documents with multiple people. The spreadsheet editor is lacking compared to that of Excel.

Microsoft 365
Dan

Why would you use this over word.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

every text document we use is through word perfect

every text document we use is through word perfect

Pros

The best part of this is that many attorneys use this software and sending text documents back and forth is easy but the software is nothing compared to word.

Cons

We use this at the office because it is a standard for most lawyers and attorneys however I do not understand why. Word is better in every possible way.

Cheryl
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great document creating software

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

Word Perfect has been a favorite for many years. I have used this within many companies. It has great features such as margin settings, insertions for logos etc. It has all of the tools you need for both business and home document creation!

Cons

Like most document software, it takes a little getting acclimated.

Randy

My Preferred Word Processing Program

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Pros

Allows you to see formatting within a document. Ability to use different keyboard shortcuts. Easy to manage and convert documents.

Cons

Price is a bit high, particularly since there have been no major changes in the program for years.

Brenna

Easy to navigate, well organized

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

Pros

Great for correspondence to patients and colleagues.

Cons

I like everything about it, but if I was to try to find something then I would say they should make it have more bells and whistles.

Michael

Best Wordprocessor ever!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Use it daily for wordprocessing, spreadsheets, etc.
Fantastic capabilities; much easier to use than...

Use it daily for wordprocessing, spreadsheets, etc.
Fantastic capabilities; much easier to use than Word.

Pros

Easy to use; intuitive; great features make the program very useable

Cons

Need a macro book for the more recent versions.