Showing 1 213 reviews of 1 167

TaxDome

Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

Showing 1 213 reviews of 1 167
Nancy A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Exactly what I've been looking for

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

I am going to save SO MUCH TIME. TaxDome has centralized all that I do. Before TaxDome I needed my portal, DocuSign, Google Forms, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc. The amount of time I spent just in the administrative side was crushing. The process of getting an 8879 uploaded to the portal, off to the client for secure signature and back took 45 minutes to an hour. Now it's 5 minutes or less. I've gone from having so many different windows and apps open to needing only TaxDome and my tax prep software. What a relief!

Pros

It seems to be written by people who actually know how an accounting firm works. User documentation is fantastic as are the numerous tutorials. I was easily able to answer most of my questions and get instructions on how to do what I needed without needing to contact a live person. In fact, I was able to get set up and operational without any help from support. The interface is very intuitive.

Cons

In the beginning, TaxDome is a little overwhelming. I'm still getting used to the product terminology regarding clients and engagement letters which they label contacts and contracts. Those two words looks so much alike that it caused me a bit of confusion sometimes.

Shannon H.

Excited to Implement

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Support is super responsive. So far good.

Pros

Ability for clients to submit documents as well as them having access to tax files and signatures for e-file forms. I also love that multiple contact can be linked to an account. The "Z" drive option is a must so files can be easily added to a clients account. I love the multiple options for clients to use the software.

Cons

So far the downside to the software is the private, public and client docs are all separate tabs so it takes longer to click between. It has also taken me a long time to set up clients. The tutorial videos are really helpful, but I wish I would have waited for my onboarding - I had to do a few things twice for example it wasn't explained the importance of matching account names to my existing folders so I could easily upload documents in bulk. Learning curve for sure, but I think it will be awesome once all is set up. Without using the product live yet, it is hard to design pipelines and jobs for what is going to work best, yet it seems that you need to set things up properly the first time or you run into having to do more work later.

Stacy C.

ALL INCLUSIVE

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

So far I have had a great experience settting up the software and I think that it is an improvement in what we used in the past!

Pros

I love that tax dome eliminates the need to have multiple subscriptions. You can log into one place and access your portal, billing, client data, and job tracking. There are also a lot of instructional videos to help you get set up.

Cons

I do wish that I could have a married couple e-sign one engagement letter.

Nicholas R.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Finally an all in one solution!

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

TaxDome is a really great all in one solution for taxpractices. It looks good, its easy for clients to use, they have had nothing but good things to say about it. It needs e-signature improvements to truly replace docusign or signnow but it works well for most things. They added multiple features just during my trial period so I know more updates are coming.

Pros

I love that everything for managing clients, file sharing, gathering and requesting documents and the smart email inbox, is all in one place. I have been using a number of solutions that don't integrate thoroughly to achieve these things and finally i can have all these features in one place at a fair price. I am very happy with it. It does have shortcomings in some areas but they are constantly improving it and adding features. Support is also very responsive. They also have a really great email integration which collects files sent to your email and saves correspondence with clients in the client file, no more dragging and dropping correspondence from outlook into the client folders or saving attachments and dragging and dropping where to go. If the email is linked with a Taxdome client account it goes through your inbox and adds all client communications automatically.

Cons

There are some features that could be improved. Some of pipeline and workflow tools I haven't quite implemented. These could be improved with some sample templates that could be customized. Designing a workflow from scratch is difficult and I feel like i might be leaving things out, templates would give a baseline of common practices that would guide new users on how to take advantage of these features. Signature implementation could use some work, getting signatures from two spouses isnt well done, there should be an option for them to physically sign on their phone instead of using the signature font for the printed signature, and it has to have knowledge based e-signature (this would come at an additional cost to us users but it is required for certain document electronic signatures). I'm not concerned about these shortcomings because they are constantly adding updates and im sure improvements are on the way.

Response from TaxDome

Thanks, Nicholas!

We have added a template library to pipelines, so you no longer have to start from scratch.

We've also added KBA to e-signatures as an option.

Thank you for your feedback - more updates and improvements on the way!

Gregory D.

Feature rich

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

So far, very impressed. Loved the layout and look and feel of Canopy, but they are far behind TaxDome in features, plus they are more expensive. TaxDome has much more power. I feel the company is super dedicated to making this program easier to use, more powerful and productive tool for the user and firm. It shows in the constant weekly enhancements, fixes and updates.

Pros

Loved the thought that the company put into this software. They are definitely focused on the user and adding day-to-day practical features. I feel that they are in overdrive adding enhancements and new features several times a week now.

Love the Kanban look and feel along with the features of the Pipeline with Automove. This is super powerful.

Cons

The GUI is a bit flat and dated. It could benefit from a fresher look, crisper fonts and some depth to screen. Also, the CRM is OK, but could be better laid out with more usable fields. I.E. it just has generic text fields for date of birth and does not calculate the age of the contact. This is super important as advisors need to know the age of clients as major financial events happen at age 18, 21, 59.5, 65, 72. I feel that they will circle back to this and improve it over time.

BTW - TaxDome name needs to go because imho, it is too limiting, this program is so much more than just a tax industry/CPA program! It is great for any type of consulting, financial planning, wealth management and almost any other service related company.

John A.

Tax Dome Working Great

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

I have realized the benefit of a CRM system related to tax preparation. In the workflow / pipeline process, knowing when clients dropped their stuff off or how long you have had their returns as been a huge improvement on efficiency on our end and the client receiving a faster return time. If tax dome updates the issues I listed about this is the best software for the price hands down.

Pros

I like the ease and functionally of tax dome the best. It is very user friend, a lot of my clients have been able to use it as well with very little questions on their end. I love the client portal aspect allowing clients to upload and download documents in a safe and secure manner. We use the signature function as well, not having to go out to a third part software has increased the return time and timing requesting the signatures. The customer service is great schedule a time to help on board or asking questions is very easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great!!!

Cons

The cons are are feel a few and far between and all things that I have been asking about and are supposed to be fixed or updated by the end of the month. For instance e-signature you have to send the document out two for a husband and wife to sign unlike other software you send it one to both email address. The notification may be a little too much but I guess I would rather know what is going on with all my clients than not and reminders to follow up on emails, or documents they have provided. Lastly moving the files from public (client view) to private (firm view) currently is not allowed so you have to delete the file and than upload again which takes additional time, but they assured me this was an update fix at the end of the month as well.

Mike E.

Taxdome Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Overall I was searching for something that could handle online organizers and got so much more. The organizer feature is easy to use and you can create custom organizers. Our clients love it too.

Pros

There are many features all in one program. The tax organizer is great and simple to use. Having a sign feature right in the same program keeps everything in one place

Cons

Cannot scan directly to the taxdome drive. Cannot create the yearly folders from within the taxdome drive which makes the workflow not as efficient as it could be.

Response from TaxDome

Thanks, Mike!
I'd like to inform you that these features have been released. For more information please see our release notes: https://blog.taxdome.com/release-notes

Paraysha D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great value for everything in one

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

It relaxes a huge headache that I have had trying to keep everything organized and in one place.

Pros

I liked the fact that this software has just about everything I need in one. I do not need to have my clients go to multiple places to upload or view or sign documents. Everything is just here in one place. The CRM, billing, e-signatures, contracts, messaging and everything.

Cons

The only thing is the paying for the price upfront and there is no scheduler system. Also having to build the pipelines. I did use some templates but of course had to customize it for my clients.

Guillermo J.

Changed During tax season

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

The overall experience has been great, it was easy to set up and the problem it solved was our clients having to go thru multiple websites for different items.

Pros

The product was easy to transfer to and setup. Clients loved that it was just one place that they could go to for everything.

Cons

The onboarding experience could be a little better. but everything was easy to figure out on your own. They assign an account manager but it comes from a generic email.

Rich S.

Intuit Practice Mgmt vs Canopy vs Tax Dome

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

So far I love it.

Pros

Cloud-based! Mac Desktop Assistant! Super flexible client Organizers

Cons

I am just starting to work with it but the user interface could be better. Needs more use of icons and crisper font.

Brittnie E.
  • Industry: Accounting

Finally found what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

OMG the email tasks seriously I don't have to search through my emails to find client stuff anymore, it makes me so happy I could cry. And yea I may be overreacting a bit, but the number of emails I receive is ridiculous, so this seriously makes my life so much better.

Pros

This software has the features I've been searching for for the past 3+ years. The customer support is amazing, responses are fast and if there is ever anything I'm looking for, if it's not available it's in the works!
Specifically, though I love that this app has the request feature that I can use for general communication with a client throughout tax season. Also the Emails as tasks. OMG, this makes my work life so much more streamlined!

Cons

There are still some features I would like to see, but as I already said these are in the works and I fully believe this company is hustling to get us, users, what we want!

Natalya G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product to grow my practice with!

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Overall great experience so far. I am confident, this software will help me to grow my business successfully

Pros

Automations and amount of features are the best. Also, constant improvements are invaluable. Customer support is very responsive and helpfull

Cons

There is a place for improvement to make this platform even better such as intuitive organizers for example

Liz K.

Best so far

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Pretty happy so far. I've tried a variety of products, this is the first that gets close to being an all in one. CRM, project manager and billing software.

Pros

Thorough features. I like the ability to set things to be triggered from the completion of a task. Like emails, or further tasks.

Cons

Wish we could process ACH within the system and send attractive proposals.
Email format is a little limited too.

Susie B.

Great Product and Great Pricing

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

So far, like everything I see.

Pros

A Small Business owner having ability to have this type of software at a reasonable cost is a life saver.

Cons

A lot of features that don't benefit me, but perhaps in the future.

Wes R.
  • Industry: Accounting

Just starting -- excited about this all-in-one solution!

Reviewed on 2020/10/30

I have been on trial for the free 14 days plus I asked for an extension of time to be sure. I focused on workflow. It might not be as slick as Karbon, but it is everything I need and simple enough to set up. I also took a pretty close look at file management because I was really happy with SmartVault and could not switch to Liscio for file mgmt because their desktop app didn't function like I needed. The desktop app functions like a drive on your computer -- so you print to it, drag & drop, edit pdf workpapers and save back to the original folder easily, ...

Pros

I like that it's all-in-one. It will help me keep clients organized on the firm side and client side with file management, workflow, emails, messaging, ... I like that they have a mobile app to keep phone messaging off text and secure. It is easy for clients to upload pictures and files from their phone to their account.

Cons

You have to pay for a year up-front with no guarantee and no refund if it doesn't work out. They will extend your 14 day trial if you request it -- so you can make sure it will work.

I am also concerned with the fact that it is all-in-one. I haven't used it long enough to know but I suspect they can not do everything well. I focused on the most important things in the trial and trust those will be good enough.

Larry H.

Brand new user's opinion

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

As a new user, I am learning to use more features each day.

Pros

I like that it is an integrated suite of services designed for CPA firms.

Cons

Using a new software requires a learning curve. Getting better each day.

Artem K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I can see good things on the horizon

Reviewed on 2021/01/30

Frankly, mixed. There are some macro things I really like, but some micro usability features/lack of features/bugs make some actions really frustrating.

Pros

Remote signatures and KBA are natively implemented. Mobile app client doc upload. Secure messaging. TD Drive.

The above are what I like most in TD. If I were to describe that as a group, I'd say the "peripheral features". Those are all elements that help coordinate all the things outside of TD in one centralized spot.

Also the customer service so far is great.

Cons

The opposite of my Pros grouping would be the features that aren't bringing together outside elements, but rather are the TD intrinsic features: CRM, organizers, workflow. These are still a bit clunky. I can tell the UI/UX is on its way and the team is very invested in improving it. There are some great ideas in the software. It shows promise. Enough that though I'm not 100% certain that it perfectly suits my need, I'm willing to go for it for a year at least.

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Accounting

TaxDome picked up where Canopy left off

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Pros

I was an avid Canopy Tax user for many years, but was disappointed by the constant changes to their product. Most recently they disabled several beneficial features unless I paid an additional annual fee and I didn't like that they product was based on client quantity. TaxDome offered everything I felt I had recently lost with Canopy Tax and packaged/priced it in a much more user-friendly manner. I don't have to be concerned with awkward or unpredictable future billing and I won't continually lose features.

Cons

I'm starting to get further into my setup and I've noticed some improvements could be made to the letter templates to allow more customization.

Sam A.

Taxdome - A must for CPA firms

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

My experience with the product is very positive

Pros

Learning and using the software was a breeze. Exported all my clients into the system soon after launching the program. s very intuitive and user friendly

Cons

I feel it's a little pricey for smaller firms

Justin S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Finally... This will work!

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Thanks to Tax Dome, I now have a secure way of interacting with my clients regarding personal information. Other services I have tried did not come close to meeting my expectations. So far, Tax Dome is checking all the boxes.

Pros

Tax Dome has features specific to my tax clients that I just was not finding with more generalized client management systems. Having a secure way to obtain and share client information is the most appreciated feature.

Cons

Things don't always work as expected with the automated workflows.

Perry C.

Everything in One Place

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Really like how easy it was to pick up the software. We are well into creating routines for how the office operates.

Pros

I really like that all of the back office work can be done on a single platform.

Cons

I would like to be able to scan directly to TaxDome.

Becky A.

Putting it all together

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

My customers have loved using this file share software. They have commented on how much easier it is than the last "easy" one. I am excited that they are continuing to improve this software. I have been in business 10 years and think i finally found the program that will work best for me.

Pros

I love the ease of use for Tax Dome. It is so easy to save documents ( both produced by me and uploaded for the client) That replaced one program I used. My MOST favorite feature is the email s that are pulled into Tax dome. SO easy for me to see if a client added a comment or needed something additional. I no longer need to save emails and use another program. That replaced a second program. The next thing I really like is that I am able to customize pipelines and projects so they follow MY systems. Replacing the third software

Cons

I haven't investigated too deeply but I would like to see a project dropping into the "pipeline" automatically. The other improvement I would like to see is the ability to set up and move around the additional information for the client Info page.

Jullys & ketty S.

New customer

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

its been good so far. except that its been a little hard to figure out how to submit requests and to create the pipelines and to do's.

Pros

Makes it easy for clients to upload the documents

Cons

its a little complicated to setup the thigs on it. and it is taking me a while to figure out how to submit requests and to dos to clients.

Stephanie F.

Assessment Period

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

Excellent customer support. Perpetually developing and making great strides to improve the system.

Cons

We have some petitions on queue such as:
1) Deeper integration with QuickBooks (actual handshake instead of of one way street access)
2) Limited access to clients "creating a new organizer" as this could raise a conflict in the long run
3) Availability of two signatures on Contracts for married couples (there's only one signature field for Contracts at the moment)
4) Visibility of audit trail for: (a) Organizers, and (b) Pipelines
5) Availability of templates for reminders (e.g. 5 days overdue, 15/30/60/90 days overdue reminders)
6) On the horizon, having a scheduler embedded so clients can book appointments (but this may be a long shot)

John G.

Tax Practice Management Done Right

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

We have only been a paid user for a week. It took all of the two-week trial dedicating one to two hours a day to getting it fully setup and templates customized to our particular workflow. However, after a brief learning curve, we hit the ground running.

Pros

TaxDome not only works great for a tax practice but handles the accounting portion of our business as well. It has replaced three separate programs. The

Cons

It has a timekeeper feature. However, It would be great if we could get periodic reports on time by employees and clients who don't seem to be available at this time.