Showing 20 reviews of 10

Happy Scribe

Transcription software for audio to text conversions

Showing 20 reviews of 10
Maureen M.

Automatic transcriptions and subtitles for your videos

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Happy Scribe helps me save time by very quickly generating the transcript and subtitles for any videos I upload. No long waiting periods and I can immediately incorporate captions on my vdieo in a variety of styles.

Pros

This is a must-have to make your videos more accessible on social media. I like most the ability to get the transcription and generate subtitles in the same tool.

Cons

The speech to text technology here is not perfect but close enough to save time if you've been doing it manually. If your transcript is highly technical, you'll want to use something like Rev.

Neel R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Transcription Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

I am happy so far as I can transcribe podcast episodes and videos.

Pros

The option to transcribe audios and videos in different languages and also being able to add captions to videos.

Cons

Sometimes words are not transcribed correctly, which could be due to different accents.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

User friendly no-brainer subtitle creator

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

No complaint so far, I can understand their limitation

Pros

My grandma even can use this software. Really easy, and their server is reliable. Not to mention the good customer support

Cons

The fact that there is no option to have unlimited time deal. It's hard to scale up if the time always limited

Katherine A.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

It is the best application for instant transcriptions

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

He helped me by transcribing two hours of a meeting. I only had to review and make small corrections

Pros

It recognizes texts almost perfectly, without having problems with small noises on this background. It accepts many audio formats and has a good free trial.

The in-app transcript shows the times and the different people speaking. When you download it, it remains in a word document

Cons

The application is really incredible, it is very easy to use and meets expectations. The only problem I had was a bug in the system but they resolved immediately.

Raul F.

Very impressive results and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Pros

I like the accuracy of this software. I used it for adding subtitles to educative videos for online courses. I first asked some people how they preferred the videos (with or without the subtitles). All of them liked more with subtitles. So I tested with our usual language (Spanish) and it worked great. It was 98% accuracy, that it is amazing, and even the other 2% we noticed when we have to pronounce better. Easy to fix with the editor and overall and enjoyable process with professional results. Also great for promotional videos in Facebook when there is no sound on preview.

Cons

I am very happy with the software in general. It allows options like changing the color, style and size of the fonts. Even the background. Also allows to save the subtitles as an external file to later add to the edition software.

Rob D.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great transcription tool if you work in multiple languages

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

I use HappyScribe for its subtitling tool (one of the best if not THE best - fast, easy to hardcode subs, and cheap) and for translations. Great accuracy, lots of languages available, and a new tool to translate transcribed audio.

Cons

Pricing is a little steeper than similar tools, but if you're transcribing languages other than English, or need automated translations that are pretty accurate, it's all worth it.

Olga B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Powerful and Impressive

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

It is useful, helpful, effective and applicable, but I have not tested this tool enough. I need more opportunities in trial versions or lower pricing policies.

Pros

Powerful and impressive software which can be extremely useful as an accent coach. However I really dislike huge restrictions in a trial version. I use Linux, Ubuntu, there are a lot of installed extensions and plugins in my browsers and I need more time and resources to check up all the functions. But looks like it is pretty user-friendly and effortless to use, however I managed to check up only by using 4 videos (2 accounts of my friends and two are mine). The transcriptions are almost ideal, detailed, precise and accurate. I did not manage to test huge files or different formats. I have not activated a paid option yet -- but I am looking forward to that. Hopefully, the website provides the services of the same quality for premium access users. I am going to check up all the options and functions of this tool in the near future.

Cons

I cannot judge basing on 4 transcriptions. Yes, they were detailed, precise and accurate, yes, the service is careful and adequate, but I cannot be 100% sure about performance, speed, adjustability and compatibility of the tool basing on the extremely limited trial version. I don't know how fast, efficient, effortless and practical this thing would be if I used large files or some funny file formats.

Erik B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great for subtiteles

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

The integration with Google Drive, the amazing looking interface & personalised vocabulary.

Cons

I would like to see an integration with FCPX.

Lucas H.
  • Industry: Publishing

A realistic alternative to human transcription services

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I tried this because of a lifetime deal, and must say I'm very pleased. In the past we've used Rev.com and GoTranscript, both worthy services. They cost more, though, and even so do not produce perfect transcripts. HappyScribe does nearly as well for a lower price.

Pros

This voice recognition is better than others I've tried, including from Otter.io. That talent is wrapped in an intuitive editor to make for a powerful transcription service.

Cons

I like using human transcriptionists, not least because I resist the idea that AI can do as well as we can. However, for the price I find this to be reasonable.
The editor, while very nice, is not flawless. A few more performance tweaks could make it even more user-friendly.

Sarah C.

Happy Scribe has made me very Happy!

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

In addition to creating my captions and transcribing my own videos, I've loved using Happy Scribe to save time. I appreciate being able to transcribe other people's videos so I can read the script rather than have to watch a video when I'm pushed for time or need to go back and refer to detailed information. Also they are a really friendly team with great communication!

Pros

Happy Scribe is a pleasure to use! I have been so impressed with this software - the dashboard is intuitive and the options are just what I was looking for. Transcribing videos and creating captions is a breeze with Happy Scribe. You get highly professional results without any tech hassle. I love the options provided and it's saving me loads of time.

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. It's easy to use, great dashboard, doesn't take long to process and produces lovely results.