Showing 106 reviews of 105

Issuu

Content creation and distribution software for designers

Showing 106 reviews of 105

Worth It, Plain & Simple

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

I love it! I'll keep using it and I consider it the industry standard for digital publication.

Pros

Issuu is fantastic, I love how smooth the user interface is, how easy it is to upload, and the ability to organize all of your publications into stacks. With nearly 1000 publications on the site, it makes distribution easy.

Cons

The newer features need to be fleshed out more. Mobile friendly article creation isn't bad, but it doesn't recognize paragraphs that stretch across 2 columns, and it struggles with photos sometimes. The article stories are a bit abysmal though, it doesn't make it easier than using Illustrator/Photoshop.

Betsy J.
  • Industry: Design

A straightforward tool that has helped my business grow

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Pros

I love how simple the platform is for both publishers and consumers. I'm a relatively light user, but I have never once felt the need tp even consider other platforms. It has an attractive interface and makes my job easier.

Cons

I sometimes feel the language in the UX and in tutorials and the pricing model etc is so specific to typical magazines where there is a single design distributed to the masses. I have a very different use case where I sell customer one-off magazine designs to clients and use Issuu to work through revisions and approvals with them. I also maintain my issuu profile as a way to showcase my work. I'm sure there are lots of other unique use cases too. Really, this is such a small nit, but it is the one thing I would complain about if I had to.

Amy P.
  • Industry: Printing

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

We had to look for a new PDF hosting site a few years back when we had to switch websites and I found Issuu on a whim and we haven't looked back. It offers us an easy way to get our issues online each month while also allowing us to link back to our advertisers. It takes about an hour or two every month to get everything set up for our current issues and it's ready for viewing then and there. It's truly one of the most helpful sites in our workspace.

Pros

I love how simple it is to upload an issue, edit in some information about it, apply links to all our advertisers ads, and get it out to our readers. Everything is pretty intuitive and if a feature isn't, you can pretty much figure it out within a half hour.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to edit Stacks from the publisher homepage, but it's still an easy enough process as it currently is.

Eric L.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good experience

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Overall very good experience with Issuu. It has been a good plate form for my profession and work I do. Good representation and efficient layout make it appealing for users. Highly recommend.

Pros

Easy of use. Efficient layout. Graphic of the plate form.

Cons

Some options are expensive to use. As some options such as download pdf are not for free.

Michael N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

what do i think about issue

Reviewed on 2020/12/25

great

Pros

I got help right away when it came to dealing with issue, and the functions of it

Cons

If you in a rush you will not like it ,it assume

Yris C.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I love using Issuu!

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I loved Issuu

Pros

The free access to a diverse content, lots of original publications of all kind and from so many different countries , make Issuu impresively valuable and useful. I'm surprised it's free. Thank you very much!

Cons

It's hard to handle favorites publications, remembering they are there and you were suppose to read them later. I think it could be improve from a reader-user perspective, considering I have added to my library publications comparable to the ones I have in my kindle, but they are hard to access and it's not easy to manage/delete the ones you already finished using.

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Issuu was a life-saver

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Pros

We've used Issuu for at least five years. No one compares to it at all. It's allowed us to take our print newspaper and offer an e-Newspaper for those who love to still read us, but who are out of the area. Truly, it's been a game changer for us — and I believe it's something every newspaper should use.

Cons

The pricing is borderline prohibitive — and I wish more features would be available for starter subs.

Deirdre W.

Help out the Teacher

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

I've had a frustrating time combining two accounts . I'm disillusioned by how much it costs public school to utilize Issuu for their print production, but I know no other company that does this. It really is an amazing product.

Pros

It allows us to put our print newspaper online our online news site

Cons

It used to be free and it was wonderful. Now it costs us money we do not have

Brian C.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great solution for digital issue

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Using it every week for 6-7 years.

Pros

This is the best way I've found to make digital issues of our print product. It's easy, and it works with everything.

Cons

Would like to see more features, but I'm using the free so it's all good.

Ron K.
  • Industry: Photography

Great Publishing Platform!

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

I need a short run, high quality printed product for direct marketing to a very targeted upscale audience. Issuu works for me.

Pros

The platform is easy to use. I especially like the printing and sharing options.

Cons

No major cons. Everything works as expected.

Wade T.
  • Industry: Media Production

A Good Product for Newspapers

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

I’d recommend to people that run newspapers. It’s relatively easy to train new employees to use.

Pros

Easy to use, makes my product look good.

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to find solutions to problems.

Kelly G.

Easy and affordable

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

I use ISSUU to provide an online option for my clients to view my materials. It’s especially handy in these times where everything is now virtual.

Cons

For my needs there are no downsides to ISSUU

Kerry g. J.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Updating organization's monthly

OK

Pros

I was pleased to and excited ti use Issuu to update my fraternity's monthly newsletter. The publication is the main communication and marketing tool that we use to connect with our members and the general public. It's more efficient to provide a link versus the monthly costs of printing and mailing the newsletter.

Cons

Yes, the print-on-demand process needs to be less costly.

Lisa D.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great way to share catalogs/lookbooks

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Very positive. Especially during covid, Issuu has been key to keeping our reps and customers up to date with our latest products.

Pros

Issuu is so easy to use. Reuploading is easy if you have an update or catch an error. Love the ability to have a mix of public and private publications.

Cons

I can't figure out the social media stories. They don't work as I expect, although maybe our content is atypical.

Paige M.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

I like the look of the magazines and the way the pages flip. The option to organize publications into stacks is nice. The article feature where it pulls the stories from the magazines is cool too.

Cons

Things have changed often such as the way to add publications to stacks and it has been difficult for me to figure out where the new spot to do that is.

Selena H.

Issue

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

Pros

Issue allows a easy way to publish our physical magazine digitally. It is straightforward on how to use and allows for fun ways to expand on your publication for social sharing.

Cons

When we first started using Issuu we were able to embed the issue on our site as a part of the free account. After some changes, you now have to pay for that option.

Maya N.
  • Industry: Design

Great platform for sharing digital content

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

Easy link for viewing on desktop or mobile device and adding to saved folders.

Cons

I wish it allowed interactive videos and animations within the shared content. Right now it is only allows for the sharing of 2D flattened images.

Zhifei X.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to use platform

Reviewed on 2020/12/25

Just fine for its free service. The paid service is not really useful.

Pros

Easy to use, good interface design. Easy to share.

Cons

The static function got cut. They also stop sending email when others stack your publication.

Lizbeth D.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

ISSUU HELPS US CONNECT WITH MORE READERS

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

We were able to easily and cost-effectively launch a digital edition of Our Town DeKalb, reaching more readers and giving us a competitive edge over other publications covering the area.

Pros

It allowed us to launch a digital edition of our magazine at a low cost.

Cons

We would like to allow our readers to download a copy of the publication as part of the free options/

Ferrari G.

No Issue with Issuu

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

It's pretty good. I would recommend them.

Pros

Its ease of use and sleek design. I like it.

Cons

All the new things that were free are now a paid feature.

Hannah B.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Enjoying the free version

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Good not great! Wish they wouldn't send me as many marketing emails and the unsubscribe button didn't work.

Pros

The free version of Issuu allowed me to publish a magazine for clients easily.

Cons

I would really like to use some of the paid features, but it's not worth the rpice.

Patricia B.

My Honest Thoughts on Issuu

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to upload my pdfs into Issuu. I have never had any problem regarding formating, uploading, etc. during my time using Issuu. Everything is set up in a simple way that is easy to understand.

Cons

I feel like the stories features is slightly confusing to use, but the idea of it has great potential! The design options are limited, but nonetheless, they are still nice.

Anna R.

Review of Issuu

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

very positive. We are able to archive the student-led newspaper and submit the newspaper to journalism contests through issuu. The students love how polished their work looks and they LOVE the page flips.

Pros

While I used to find this software challenging to use, over time the instructions and success of posting have significantly improved.

Cons

I think that I am able to use a lot for no fee which is great for publishing student work. I have no complaints.

Naomi B.
  • Industry: Design

Overall really good for my purposes

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Overall, I have always had a good experience. It is really easy and intuitive to use.

Pros

It is really easy and fast to use and to references for my online portfolios and documents.

Cons

With the free version, there are limits on size of documents and you cannot embed your own files on other websites which would be more convenient. However, I understand that these are both remedied in the paid version.

Michael H.

A magazine publisher's opinion

great

Pros

ISSUU has everything I need and more in a digital publishing platform. If I had the cash flow, I'd upgrade again to a premium plan.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about it.