Rotageek

Write a Review!
Changing scheduling for good.

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.9/5

Warren
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Rotageek for the average user

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Overall I am very happy with the software.

Overall I am very happy with the software.

Pros

I open the app on my iPhone, or iPad, or via a link in an email or by logging into the desktop. It just works.. I can see my next duty, who I’m working with and where. Everything I need in one easy to read screen. I can manage my annual leave from the app, easily and without fuss. The app even tells me when there is an update ! As a user of the end product it does everything I need it to. I’m not involved in programming my hours or accepting my leave requests, but my Manager seems to manage it and she’s not the most tech savvy person I’ve worked with, so it is probably straight forward to add shifts etc.

Cons

I actually don’t think there is anything I can criticise this software for, I does what I need it to, when I need it to.

Jean
  • Industry: Cosmetics

It's improving and getting better

Reviewed on 2022/06/21

At Lush we started around 2 year ago and they decided to stop and we are using again now. I can see very good improvements but still some opportunities to be better.
Overall it's being good comparing with the old system.

Pros

Scheduler, copy schedule for other weeks, timesheet changes time improvements, the fact if the user don't clock in the hours worked will show anyway.

Cons

It's taking away too long to delete or add hours on timesheet. It's more than 1 minute for each change so if you have more then 200 employees it's terrible. For changing times it's ok, but for delete or add...

Carl

End user experience

Reviewed on 2021/10/27

As previously mentioned, I don’t like the current scheduler which is 95% of what I use RotaGeek for.

Pros

It makes managing holidays a lot easier and simpler both for myself and my team

Cons

The new (current) scheduler is nowhere near as good as the old one, I don’t understand why something that was meant to be an upgrade has made it less user friendly and less easy to use, also I used to use the templates function which enabled me to do my rota’s really quickly and easily but now it takes significantly longer to do, I’ve previously complained about this and was told that shift patterns was the replacement for templates but the shift patterns are a completely different thing entirely and can’t be used for the same thing.

Richard
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

pros & cons

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

i become very frustrated with the system at the start then managed to find a calm way of scheduling the teams i needed to- then the functions changed and what used to take me 30mins is now taking roughly 60/90mins which is costly.

Pros

as a toll to record hours worked it is better than previous- however on a day i would get at least 5/8 emails from the team asking me to amend their hours as it has clocked them out/not recorded the day/app didn't work.
it is a pro for the team to be able to see their schedule on an app
it is a pro to have the holiday accreument available.
paying team members who work across multiple sites is a plus.

Cons

i preferred when you could re order the employees - no idea why this function changed.
when you copy and paste a shift if a short shift it reverts to a 30min break when for us many still take 60mins time consuming and if missed costs the bussiness.
time it takes for employees to appear.

James

Rotageek Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Customer service is brilliant and overall the system is very easy to use.

Customer service is brilliant and overall the system is very easy to use.

Pros

Product is extremely easy to use and having the ability to have it on your phone with the app is brilliant. Highly recommend

Cons

As a company we have varying shift patterns every week and it would be handy to have an 'Day Off' marker available to use when organising the rota for staff members days off that week. This would be visually beneficial for myself when organising the rota but also for team members to indicate their days off rather than just leaving it blank on the rota and when the team member is not taking annual leave.

Additionally if you were able to publish one individual team members rota when you have allotted unpublished shifts to other team members rather than having to publish the whole rota at once.

Matthew
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

It could be great

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

Over all Rotageek is a great tool to use. The staff love using it, their only gripe is that the app can sometimes be unreliable. It is really easy to use to create a rota for multiple teams and a large number of employees. Holiday , leave requests and sickness are straight forward to manage.

Pros

The possibilities are amazing but I feel the parameters are set by people who don't understand what the end users need. It is too rigid and not a lot of room to move when we have to go by parameters that are set by a head office that don't understand the operation.

Cons

I think the software is a amazing but there is just to many limitations put on it by the powers that be.

Fabiano

Spot o’clock!

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

Pros

I would stick to the basics: it is an efficient way to plan my working hours around the week as it is always handy, right on my mobile screen. A few taps and I have all I need, my working days and days off. I can even plan my holidays with accurately.

Cons

I would enjoy the app better if the notification informing that my shift is about to start never failed. It is not like I need it to remind me that I have to leave for work but it is a feature that may require a little of a fine tuning from the developers.

Pawel
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing tool for any business

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

From the beginning I liked that rotageek listened to feedback , especially at The start and shaped the experience to our requirements.

Pros

I love the ease of use and how it allows me to interact with other users by implementing gaps for shift covers and notifications for any shifts created .whats amazing is that all staff get a notification about the shift I’ve created or changed by text and email too.thats so convenient.

Cons

Not too many cons .maybe some changes are unnecessary in my opinion and don’t add any extra usage .

Bashar

Excellent live chat service

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Love it , can’t live without it !

Love it , can’t live without it !

Pros

It’s constantly being developed to suit our company s need s and any glitches dealt with quick. I enjoy the copy shift setting , it allows u to add the shift to any one at multiple times.

Cons

I access it on my phone browser and can get slightly frustrating with how small the text is .

Sharna

Really Good Rota Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Really good! I would recommend this to other companies to use.

Really good! I would recommend this to other companies to use.

Pros

This app/website gets used in our company daily. It’s easy to use and has some fantastic features to ensure doing rotas is smoothly run. Commission reports are also super handy and easy to fill in daily. All in all a great software.

Cons

Honestly nothing to fault with this app, I liked all the features and didn’t have a problem with any of them.

Ayeesha
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Hours and holiday tracker simplified

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

I like the option of being able to use my own device to clock in and out. I also like that it shows how many hours you’re scheduled to work each week and which colleagues you’ll be with. Holiday requests are simple to complete at any time of the day or night instead of waiting and doing it during working hours. It also keeps track of what has been used and what is available.

Cons

Kind of random and not a dislike of sort but the app colouring looks like NatWest online banking.

kerry

Great system accessible to all

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

Pros

easy of access, can be used on different formats

Cons

when booking holiday, rota geek automatically fills every shift with holiday, I may want 4 days off in total but but only use 2 days holiday. This can be changed on the screen but there needs to ne a function of how many days holiday I would like to use when I apply for annual leave

Paul

Ultimate solution to a long term problem

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Exceptional love this it’s changed scheduling for us big time and included holiday requests and notifies of any clashes

Pros

Live up to date rota. Which can be viewed from home. Sync with apple calendar. Provide notifications when shifts are updated and changed.

Cons

None really some features are locked by administrators that don’t need to be at store management level

Beatriz
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Very positive

Very positive

Pros

I like the way you can request holidays and days off , swaps .

Cons

We can’t print daily floor plan before to approve the schedule

Laura

Makes rotas easy!

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

Having employees see exactly when and where they are working is so useful. I love the fact that employees can request leave quickly and easily.

Cons

Employees that work dual sited can be hard to schedule occasionally. Similarly transferring employees over to other sites can be a challenge.

Will
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Forward thinking, productive & inclusive!

Reviewed on 2022/06/21

It’s been wonderful, after using other softwares and really struggling Rotageek has been a piece of cake

Pros

The most impactful element of Rotageek is the customer service that comes with it, help is available at any time and will also respond within minutes to answer questions.

Cons

I would like to be able to add notes at the top of the schedule for each day rather than only be able to make notes for the whole week.

jamie

Store manager user

Fantastic support team. Always someone on hand for support whenever needed

Fantastic support team. Always someone on hand for support whenever needed

Pros

Very easy to use. Colleagues love to use it! The software is one of the best out there from experience

Cons

Don’t experience any difficulties. I find the alert to tell me a shift starts in 2 hours a bit irrelevant Though

David

Very easy scheduling tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Great support from the live chat makes a huge difference.

Great support from the live chat makes a huge difference.

Pros

Ease of use. All buttons and tabs are intuitively placed on the desktop site.
Runs well on low powered machines and tablets.
Easy to create set shift patterns for certain people. Easy to pick up a schedule with an unfamiliar team, if it has been set up appropriately.

Cons

The app could be better. More options for an administrator to adjust schedules on a mobile device.

Iwona

Excellent management tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Team us up do date with all changes immediately.

Team us up do date with all changes immediately.

Pros

It's time saving and so easy to work with.
Managing team and their schedule couldn't be quicker and simpler.
Timesheet and payroll costs under control.

Cons

There is nothing that I font like. Everything what I need and use

Robeet

Perfect for your business

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

Rotageek is simplistic to use and the customer service that you receive is second to none. If there is even the smallest of issues they are right on it straight away.

Cons

I honestly can’t fault the product. I can’t think of an issue with it at all!

Amy

Easy

Reviewed on 2022/06/16

It good, its updated staight away, it gives u alerts so u dont forget when ur working

Pros

Easy to use, clear, can check at any time

Cons

Not being able to change my holiday request. Can add new dates but cant ask to exstend appoved holiday

Jeno

Rotageek

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Pros

I like the fact that you can see your shift, any annual leave, your team's shifts. Makes it easy to plan the day.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow and I mean slow. Randomly logs you out. Whenever an update comes up, it feels like a step backwards.

Sarah

Making Rota easy

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Overall it is a great piece of software you get use to it pretty quickly and once you do it makes life a lot easier

Pros

I found that making a rota was easy to complete and view on screen than on paper. Rotageek allows you to put in information like unavailability and holidays so you can play with making the rota with ease.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to get use to or manage overlaps in the time schedule

Sherallee

Great support

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

The support teams have been absolutely fantastic and made the transistion to RG so much easier.

Pros

The ease at which my team can use the app, request shifts/shift swaps and just use on a daily basis is superb.

Cons

The ability to view a daily floorplan in dashboard before approving the schedule. Also, being able to overide holiday/day off requests without going into leave admin (and from the scheduler page)

claudia
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great way to schedule your team for work

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

great service, amazing customer service team always ready to help. easy to use and to play with. love the graphic

Pros

Easy scheduler and autoschedule. Timesheet incorporated which remove lot of admin and manual work. clear visibility of everyone working hours and shifts pattern

Cons

some mini glitches such as break or annual leave miscalculation