Piktochart

Content maker and data visualization to create presentations

Arlette E.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

When I need to do infographics, Piktochart is the software I use. It's online and has the right tools to create professional graphics that look great. It's not a task I do frequently, but when I do, I use this software. I don't have deep knowledge of design or code and with this application I've been able to make infographics and presentations that look professional. I appreciate how easy it's and how many tools it have. I'm a creator of content for social networks and a writer, so I always look for applications that facilitate my work, increase my strengths and hide my weaknesses. Design is one of my weaknesses and, however, this software helps me to turn it into a strength, that's why I like it so much.

Pros

It's a simple and easy to use software that allows to make infographics and presentations quickly and without any effort. It offers templates that can be edited and modified, change the text, the font, place our own images or those offered by the software. It allows me to organize the information in an appropriate way by dragging and dropping elements and adding texts, it has several graphics options that can be adapted to any type of data, I can also insert YouTube videos. I like the tools and elements offered to personalize and enrich the content I want to publish, without having to know the code or the graphic design.

Cons

I really like Piktochart, it has been very useful in my work o I have nothing bad to say about this software.

Nanjundaraddi K.

Pikto Chart

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Overall not a good experience.
I didn't find value for money.

Pros

Nice collecton of Infographics to create Social Media Post.
ready to use graphics elements, charts and maps, High-resulation downloads available.

Cons

They don't have custom size canvas dashboard to design posts.
Very bad dashboard interface.
Not pleasing templates compared to other products available in the market.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Nanjundaraddi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. To clarify, we do have custom size canvas dashboard. We're sorry if it was difficult for you to navigate. Here's a helpful article: https://support.piktochart.com/articles/235030168-how-do-i-customize-the-width-and-height-of-the-blocks

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected] We'll be happy to help!

Ralph E.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Infographics Is Where Piktochart Really Shines

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

Overall, I think the PRO plan is worth the money but the free plan isn't something to bother about. It's a pretty solid tool by the way, especially for infographics.

Pros

Although there are other templates, styles, and formats available on Piktochart, I think the aspect where it really shines is creating Infographics. The templates available for infographics are beautiful in all honesty. If you are looking for an online graphic design tool to design infographics more specifically, I would definitely recommend Piktochart.

Talking about the interface, as far I'm concerned, I don't think the interface is in any way complicated or clumsy. The interface is very neat with lots of white space and simple to make use of in my opinion. There is a really cool addition to the interface now called brand assets where you can extract colors from images and set up custom fonts to use in your designs.

The blog is easily accessible from the main dashboard to learn more about using Piktochart and other useful tips. Piktochart is cool graphic design software that is neat and easy to use. Please note that I've never made use of it on a mobile phone before.

Cons

I think the free plan is just too limited to the point that it's almost non-existent. Don't even bother with the free plan if you really want to get anything out of Piktochart. Piktochart isn't generous at all with their free plan compared to other graphic design tools that I've made use of. The PRO plan is worth it though.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Easy graphic design for organizations

Reviewed on 2020/10/11

Piktochart has helped me create assets in minutes! Love how efficient it is.

Pros

I love how simple and intuitive the design of this app is. I just select the type of asset that I was to design and they have a lot of presets available. There are also around 5 built-in color schemes and I can easily change the colors of the graphics. Overall, it's a good app to make simple posters and presentations!

Cons

Creating my own color scheme is a premium feature. Also, it would be easier if the templates can be further categorized according to themes. Other than that, Piktochart is a really fine app.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks so much for your kind words and feedback! Although creating your own color scheme is indeed a premium feature, we're glad you were still able to change the colors of your visual to your liking.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very Underrated!

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

The reason we have been using Piktochart is to create more charts with graphic design heavy elements. This has definitely been useful for so many different projects that I have worked on and I definitely intend to keep using it in the near future when the opportunity arises!

Pros

I think that Piktochart is definitely one tool that people tend to overlook and use tools like Canva instead. However, I found that Piktochart can be very helpful for graphic design projects that are longer or more intensive. What I really like about this software is how versatile it is and how it can be used for a multitude of different projects! I have especially loved using this for long posters or banners, as there are options to keep extending the page to make long projects. This is definitely better than the options available on Canva and other similar tools.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that it can become a little unresponsive when trying to export the charts that I had just spent so much time on. This can be a little scary in the event that the page crashes and my work is not saved. However, most of the time, this is not a major issue and I am able to export my charts in different types of formats.

Response from Piktochart

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving a positive review! It has been very encouraging to know that our tool has been valuable to you :)

Feel free to reach out to us anytime especially if you face any issues exporting your charts! We'll always do our best to assist you. Have an amazing week! :)

Zach D.

I've used piktochart to create infographics and graphics both for professional environments

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

It takes 0 design or dev experience to be able to jump into the tool and whip up a Grade A infographic is an hour or two. In a previous role, we were so efficient with it, we started building custom infographic plans for our customers.

Cons

You really need to pay to taste the value. The free trial is very limited and doesn't paint the full picture of why every team needs this tool.

Brielle S.

This software is amazing for creating quick and beautiful infographics!

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Quick, effective, and beautiful infographics!

Pros

I love that they have templates and you can create your own. I use Photoshop often, but Piktochart allows me to create beautiful infographics in such little time.

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about this software. It's super easy to use. You can make effective infographics even if you don't know what you're doing.

Small Business Miracle

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Seriously, this thing makes me look so prepared and professional. Highly recommended for businesses who can't afford to pay for design work.

Pros

Huge help to my small business! This platform allows drag and drop editing that is simple and easy to use. Flyers, posters, and presentations are easy to pull together using the existing templates. I only have the free account, and it is really all I need for my uses. This is a great tool for developing professional looking materials!

Cons

It doesn't always like safari browser, b going to chrome fixes everything.

Pretty graphics

Reviewed on 2021/04/29

Pros

Beautiful designs of work to demonstrate process or program ideas

Cons

Can take time to load and save which is frustrating.

Sandra H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great for Beginners Needing Easy Design

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Piktochart allows an easy user experience for any organization to create visually informative graphics!

Pros

The templates make Piktochart a great asset for any beginner needing to convey their organization's information. The software allows easy use of different graphics, and assists in formatting your information in a way that is clear and helpful. Templates also have creative ways to display information.

Cons

Piktochart can be a bit limiting for more experienced design users. Some elements are hard to create if you don't obtain the element from an already created template. The free version limits your ability to download PDFs or generate high quality exports.

Sebastian M.

Great templates and simplicity - lacking some features

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Piktochart is great tool, however I shall be enriched with more business templates, each time I had to select something else than it was originally anticipated by template author.
In general big plus, but value for money avg, if there will be wider selection of content, that it would be great tool.

Pros

Nice templates that is equivalently easy to change.
The quality of templates are really good, I would say outstanding.
The platform itself is not overloaded with features, which makes me comfortable to use.

Cons

Lack of possibility of adding some animations and include films, motion pictures.
Missing color picker tool, I had to enter the color manually when it was not available on palette.
There shall be some methods, that I can share the info-graphics with my custom domain name in HTML5 format.

Piktochart helpful at work

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Efficient creation of compelling infographics for clients.

Pros

Easy to create and edit compelling infographics using Piktochart templates as inspiration. I like how each template is divided into blocks for easier editing of each graphic segment. I use Piktochart regularly to draft infographics and other designs for clients.

Cons

Somewhat limited icon library--would like to see more variety in icons and icon styles.

Jessica C.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

PRofessional info graphics that look like a designer created them - yes please!

Pros

This product is great for creating professional infographics and other items. I use the free version and it really meets my needs to create something slick in a short timeframe

Cons

You do need to purchase the pro version if you are goign to use this product often and what to do a lot more things than the free version.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Jessica! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! We are glad and happy to know that Piktochart has been valuable to you! :) Have a wonderful day!

Jeremiah F.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

More affordable options out there, but good nontheless

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Quick infographics that actually look good.

Pros

The layout is very simple to work with. As a first-time infographic creator, I've explored a variety of websites trying to find the simplest ones. This lands in the top 3.
I was able to craft a infograph from a template in less than 30min, and it even allowed for me to make changes that suited my needs.

Cons

Huge downside: templates are very limited in free versions. They provide a "lite" version, which is half the cost of the more useful paid option. This version doesn't allow you as much freedom though, so it's hard to justify the use of more templates without the extra functionality.
This doesn't take away from the platform though - the quality is there, just comes at a cost!

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Easy tool to learn infographics

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

Overall it is an intuitive software to use for beginners to learn how to create infographics

Pros

I like how it is web based and free to access. I use this to teach clients the basic concepts of creating infographics.

Cons

The free version comes with watermarked branding of piktochart which is ok if you are not expecting to export them out for professional use

Response from Piktochart

Hi there! Thanks for your positive review! I hope you had a good time creating infographics with your client! Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with :)

Denise D.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Your designer is on Vacation? No problem! Never miss out on an opportunity again!

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

I can share presentations easily and take full advantage of the templates. Creating well branded flyers, infographics and posters are a breeze.

Pros

I really like the flexibility of the Slides/Powerpoints they offer. Embedding links and Videos are a breeze.

This site is also good for helping you get through a spend freeze or those days your designer is on vacation.

Cons

You can't upload your own typekit font. Interface trial is the font I'm required to use and it isn't installed in the software.

Bojie F.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Really Good!

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate. Provides clear instructions on how to make good and detailed infographics with nice templates.

Cons

At times the app glitches out for me and it takes a while to start up the whole thing again.

Laura L.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great tool for modern presentations

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

It's a great tool for presentations when I have days to plan and prepare, but it's not my go-to for every-day presentations due to the time needed to build the visuals.

Pros

I love the modern look that presentations have when using Piktochart. Infographics capture an audience's attention more than a standard slide show, and the visuals are more captivating and easier to talk to.

Cons

It's very time-consuming to build a presentation. This isn't the tool to use if you need to prepare a presentation that's happening an hour from now.

Julio césar P.

Fantastic and elegant software for creating interesting and beautiful presentations very...

Reviewed on 2018/07/01

Simplicity, cool features, highly convenient price. Piktochart offers users the chance of doing interesting presentations in technically no considerable amount of time invested.

Pros

First of all, piktochart most relevant advantages imply simplicity, functionality and convenience. As an English teacher, I always need to provide students with engaging explanatory materials, capable of delivering complex messages in the most simplistic and understandable way. With piktochart you are able to do this and more, at a very convenient price. The layouts ae attractive and engaging. My students love appreciating my piktochart explanations, basically made for explaining grammar or functions within the language.

Cons

Truth be told, the amount of layouts and fonts might be a little limited to say at least. However, for its final price, this issues do not interfere with its other considerable perks and pluses.

Tamara A.

Piktochart is one of the best software to do infographics

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Infographics are very important digital elements in social networks because it allow to display a large amount of visually attractive information in a summary way. It's one of the most requested designs by customers for their social networks and websites. Piktochart is one of the softwares I use most to make them because it has adequate and precise tools that allow me to create them in a professional and easy way.

Pros

It has predesigned templates that can be edited and customized in a simple way, adding or removing elements by drag & drop, resizing them, adding fonts, adding multimedia content, etc. It has very easy to understand tutorials and the software is very intuitive so that anyone who does not have design or programming knowledge can use it. Different types of digital visual elements can be created, such as infographic, report, banners and presentation.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I do not like, it's quite functional even in the free version.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Tamara! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! So good to hear that our application has been valuable to you :) Have an amazing weekend!

Zach P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simplifying graphic design and perhaps the best tool for infographics!

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Piktochart is a handy design tool for any novice designer that wishes to step up their graphic work without having to invest a lot of time learning the complexities of Adobe programs.

Pros

Piktochart is easy to use, intuitive and has a ton of resources and templates to create visually stunning infographics that enables rookie designers to create truly beautiful designs. The best part of this software is its simplicity and the drag and drop style way of designing; this style makes learning the design process painless and easy.

Cons

In some cases, if you are looking to have graphic design work done for larger-scale projects Piktochart isn't going to be your best solution - in this case Adobe programs still reign supreme. Piktochart simply doesn't have as robust features and functionalities when compared to any Adobe design program.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Zach! Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback! We're glad you find Piktochart easier to use than Adobe :) If there are any functionalities you'd like to see, do reach out!

Stay safe!

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very good application to perform infographics and presentations in a very short period of time.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

The best quality that this application has is the speed and simplicity of the application in letting you design any type of art you need at the moment. Having an easy access to the application through an email, being registered in the web page

Cons

I'd like if the space for Uploading images for a free user can be more than 40 Mb. It seems very less when you want to do a long one and do multiple edits. I wish they had a few more template options to pick from. I am not sure if there is a community template area I have not checked out, but that might be cool too. I'm sure it is necessary to advertise, but my office does not budget to pay for a subscription. We use the free version that includes a watermark/boilerplate for Piktochart on everything we create.

Simple to Use - Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

Overall, Piktochart is a super easy platform to use to create good-looking infographics. Creation is intuitive, making it easy for first-timers to use Piktochart right away.

Pros

Piktochart is super easy to pick up and use. We've used the free version to make simple infographics to supplement some of the blogs we write for clients, and for those purposes, it certainly gets the job done. It's nice to have a selection of templates, and the fact that the options get refreshed from time to time is also nice. I appreciate having a selection of photos and clip art to choose from built into the platform. The best thing is really how easy it is to make a nice-looking infographic in very little time, even if you're new to the platform.

Cons

Since we only use the free version, we do find that we've often limited by templates. There are some on the paid version that look quite appealing! But, for our purposes, the free version suffices.

Response from Piktochart

Thanks for choosing Piktochart! We've made some changes last year - all templates are accessible by FREE and PRO users. Happy New Year! :)

Emily P.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Basic infographic creation

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Pros

When I want to make an infographic, I automatically just go to Piktochart because I know they'll have the suite of graphics and suggestions for layouts that I am comfortable with. Creating blocks and sections, using different fonts, and even some pretty cool tools like importing data that can be turned into visualizations -- there's a lot to love about this tool.

Cons

Sometimes I felt like there was a big lag in saving my work or that the website couldn't handle all the things I was asking for-- it occasionally runs slow. And that's OK because I didn't use a paid version, but users expect to have near real-time updating, saving and responsiveness from the tools they use.

Emily F.

Life saver!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Seriously the best infographic creator out there. Piktochart got me through college! So easy to create really professional looking infographics - much better than trying to create one on Photoshop, in my opinion. The templates make it so easy to get a head start on a project and the text frames add such a splash of creativity. Love Piktochart!

Cons

No cons yet! Such a great, easy to use software. Also... it's web based so what's not to love?! You can access it anywhere.