Piktochart Reviews

Piktochart

Content maker and data visualization to create presentations

Julio César
Julio César

Fantastic and elegant software for creating interesting and beautiful presentations very...

Reviewed on 2018/07/01

Simplicity, cool features, highly convenient price. Piktochart offers users the chance of doing interesting presentations in technically no considerable amount of time invested.

Pros

First of all, piktochart most relevant advantages imply simplicity, functionality and convenience. As an English teacher, I always need to provide students with engaging explanatory materials, capable of delivering complex messages in the most simplistic and understandable way. With piktochart you are able to do this and more, at a very convenient price. The layouts ae attractive and engaging. My students love appreciating my piktochart explanations, basically made for explaining grammar or functions within the language.

Cons

Truth be told, the amount of layouts and fonts might be a little limited to say at least. However, for its final price, this issues do not interfere with its other considerable perks and pluses.

Tamara
Tamara

Piktochart is one of the best software to do infographics

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Infographics are very important digital elements in social networks because it allow to display a large amount of visually attractive information in a summary way. It's one of the most requested designs by customers for their social networks and websites. Piktochart is one of the softwares I use most to make them because it has adequate and precise tools that allow me to create them in a professional and easy way.

Pros

It has predesigned templates that can be edited and customized in a simple way, adding or removing elements by drag & drop, resizing them, adding fonts, adding multimedia content, etc. It has very easy to understand tutorials and the software is very intuitive so that anyone who does not have design or programming knowledge can use it. Different types of digital visual elements can be created, such as infographic, report, banners and presentation.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I do not like, it's quite functional even in the free version.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Tamara! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! So good to hear that our application has been valuable to you :) Have an amazing weekend!

Nanjundaraddi

Pikto Chart

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Overall not a good experience.
I didn't find value for money.

Overall not a good experience.
I didn't find value for money.

Pros

Nice collecton of Infographics to create Social Media Post.
ready to use graphics elements, charts and maps, High-resulation downloads available.

Cons

They don't have custom size canvas dashboard to design posts.
Very bad dashboard interface.
Not pleasing templates compared to other products available in the market.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Nanjundaraddi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. To clarify, we do have custom size canvas dashboard. We're sorry if it was difficult for you to navigate. Here's a helpful article: https://support.piktochart.com/articles/235030168-how-do-i-customize-the-width-and-height-of-the-blocks

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]. We'll be happy to help!

Russell
Russell

Great platform for infographics, flyers, and graphics in general!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I'm very pleased - my students learned to create great infographics for class projects and reports!

Pros

There's really a lot to like about Piktochart if you're looking to build infographics quickly and effortlessly with students. For starters, their website is extremely easy to use. I think it's arranged well, easy to navigate, and I like the search feature (quickly filter through templates). Piktochart also offers a massive library of options/designs. Honestly, some are a little bland, but many are of great quality! I also appreciate how they have grouped or organized templates into themes. This allows you to quickly find your purpose/style, and then start customizing. With regards to building and creating, I'm not extremely experienced, but I feel like it's easy to use and manipulate to me. My students picked up quickly! There's also a lot of free images, and you can upload your own pictures easily (I have students share experiment steps/procedures pictures). One thing that I find unique from competitors is that you can actually embed videos and interactive charts. To my knowledge, this is the only free platform I've seen that can do this. Of course this will not matter if you are printing a flyer, but if you're sending it digitally, then this is a really unique and awesome feature. Last, I like that you can import data from Google Sheets and Excel. This hasn't been very difficult to do either - my students were able to pick up on it in no time at all. I give it an 8 out of 10 - awesome platform with many practical uses in the classroom!

Cons

Although I really like what Piktochart enables me and my students to do, I feel like a lot of the templates require a subscription. That's not possible with a class full of students, so I wish they'd consider some sort of education package. With that said, the free version is good depending on the project or activity you're doing.

Michael
Michael

Maximize efficiency with quick powerful infographics

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Don't waste time on preparation and get right into the presentation. Makes it easy to present professional interesting material.

Pros

Super quick and intuitive. Allows you to massively save on time and effort by sharing data in efficient and interesting manner. Rather than spending absurd amounts of time throwing together eye catching presentations, cut the time in half and put out something that looks even better than it normally would. Powerful and anybody can use it, I can't recommend enough

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I can think of that I disliked about this software. Has made the presentation prep and quality improve significantly.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Michael! We're happy to know that Piktochart has been valuable to you in your presentations! We have 16:9 presentation templates and export to PPT feature on our roadmap! Can't wait to share all these good stuff with you!

Bushra
Bushra

Excellent interface for easy and efficient image/video/design needs

Reviewed on 2023/01/13

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

Their customer service team is to die for. I have had an awesome heavenly experience interacting with them. They were always there to support me with my little-big queries and doubts.

Cons

None which I can think of according to my experience

Joseph
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Long Time Loyal User

Reviewed on 2023/05/25

I am a delighted and fully engaged user. My team and I wish more of the products we deployed were as seamless and consistently useful as Piktochart.

Pros

My team and I construct weekly infographics from articles I write. Piktochart is an intuitive tool for transferring dense text into visually captivating content. Piktochart's vast and ever-evolving template library streamlines our process and ensures varied and eye-catching designs.

Cons

Truly, there isn't any feature or aspect of Piktochart that I would like to see added or changed. This product is perfectly designed for our needs.

Carlie

Great tool for creating Infographics

Reviewed on 2023/10/15

Piktochart is super easy to use and has brought a lot of benefit to our team.

Piktochart is super easy to use and has brought a lot of benefit to our team.

Pros

Piktochart is super easy to use and has been a great tool for our Product Team to create infographics about our products as well as release notes! It's so easy to export PNGs and PDFs to put into an email to send out to an email list. It's great for collaboration too.

Cons

The graphing features of Piktochart are not the most flexible or easy to use. They are pretty limited in what you can create or design.

Cheikh
  • Industry: Media Production

Effortlessly Create Professional Designs with Piktochart

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

Overall, my experience with Piktochart has been very positive. I was able to create professional-quality designs in record time thanks to its customizable templates and simple customization features. Although the image library is a bit limited, it did not affect my ability to create compelling designs for my projects.

Pros

What I appreciate most about this software is its ease of use. Piktochart offers customizable and pre-designed templates that allow for quickly creating professional-quality designs. Additionally, the features for customizing fonts, colors, and images are very simple to use and allow for creating original designs.

Cons

However, I find that the image library offered by Piktochart is a bit limited. It can sometimes be difficult to find the image that perfectly fits my needs, and I have to search for additional images on other platforms. This can take a bit more time, but it's worth it to achieve the desired result.

Xiulin
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool for non designers

Reviewed on 2023/07/01

Pros

It helps gives you choices for things you have in your head, and that "aha this is exactly what I wanted", is especially for people in our industry where were are data experts but not visuals experts. It makes our presentation much much simpler and prettier :)

Cons

Moving items between the different pages can be tricky at times, takes some practice. Please also add in the ability to add in customize colors that are usable across the different projects. Having to type in the specific colors required for each project can sometimes be a hold off.

Ralph
  • Used for 1+ year

Infographics Is Where Piktochart Really Shines

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

Overall, I think the PRO plan is worth the money but the free plan isn't something to bother about. It's a pretty solid tool by the way, especially for infographics.

Pros

Although there are other templates, styles, and formats available on Piktochart, I think the aspect where it really shines is creating Infographics. The templates available for infographics are beautiful in all honesty. If you are looking for an online graphic design tool to design infographics more specifically, I would definitely recommend Piktochart.

Talking about the interface, as far I'm concerned, I don't think the interface is in any way complicated or clumsy. The interface is very neat with lots of white space and simple to make use of in my opinion. There is a really cool addition to the interface now called brand assets where you can extract colors from images and set up custom fonts to use in your designs.

The blog is easily accessible from the main dashboard to learn more about using Piktochart and other useful tips. Piktochart is cool graphic design software that is neat and easy to use. Please note that I've never made use of it on a mobile phone before.

Cons

I think the free plan is just too limited to the point that it's almost non-existent. Don't even bother with the free plan if you really want to get anything out of Piktochart. Piktochart isn't generous at all with their free plan compared to other graphic design tools that I've made use of. The PRO plan is worth it though.

Lervyn
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Piktochart Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/26

As a student, Piktochart is a versatile software because it exhibits flexibility and practicality. The fact that there are templates that are ready to be used and edited saves a whole lot of time and brainstorming as this can also be a guide towards creativity.

Pros

Piktochart makes presentations and publications much easier, convenient and accessible. It suggests ideas or templates that can either allow you to already start with something or make a project on a blank canvas. It gives a lot of opportunities to be creative and harness productivity. There is no need to worry when a gadget shuts down unexpectedly since the software automatically saves the preexisting project. There are a lot of objects, colors and elements to choose from as this makes the project or presentation much more appealing and interesting. The free version of the software allows you to make five active projects which is a decent amount, Also, it gives unlimited access to templates, images, illustrations and charts whether it is the free version or not. Consequently, even though you pay for a plan it is still affordable and practical.

Cons

The free version of Piktochart only allows you to upload 100MB of images, saves a project only in PNG, obtains a watermark, and is not ideal for work since it only allows you to create 5 active projects only. Consequently, when placing a color code, it tends to adapt the color within the first few digits even though you are sill not finished typing it yet. Also, the software does not support a lot of languages and it needs a fast and reliable internet connection to be able to access features quickly.

Zach
Zach
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Simplifying graphic design and perhaps the best tool for infographics!

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Piktochart is a handy design tool for any novice designer that wishes to step up their graphic work without having to invest a lot of time learning the complexities of Adobe programs.

Pros

Piktochart is easy to use, intuitive and has a ton of resources and templates to create visually stunning infographics that enables rookie designers to create truly beautiful designs. The best part of this software is its simplicity and the drag and drop style way of designing; this style makes learning the design process painless and easy.

Cons

In some cases, if you are looking to have graphic design work done for larger-scale projects Piktochart isn't going to be your best solution - in this case Adobe programs still reign supreme. Piktochart simply doesn't have as robust features and functionalities when compared to any Adobe design program.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Zach! Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback! We're glad you find Piktochart easier to use than Adobe :) If there are any functionalities you'd like to see, do reach out!

Stay safe!

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Very Underrated!

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

The reason we have been using Piktochart is to create more charts with graphic design heavy elements. This has definitely been useful for so many different projects that I have worked on and I definitely intend to keep using it in the near future when the opportunity arises!

Pros

I think that Piktochart is definitely one tool that people tend to overlook and use tools like Canva instead. However, I found that Piktochart can be very helpful for graphic design projects that are longer or more intensive. What I really like about this software is how versatile it is and how it can be used for a multitude of different projects! I have especially loved using this for long posters or banners, as there are options to keep extending the page to make long projects. This is definitely better than the options available on Canva and other similar tools.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that it can become a little unresponsive when trying to export the charts that I had just spent so much time on. This can be a little scary in the event that the page crashes and my work is not saved. However, most of the time, this is not a major issue and I am able to export my charts in different types of formats.

Response from Piktochart

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving a positive review! It has been very encouraging to know that our tool has been valuable to you :)

Feel free to reach out to us anytime especially if you face any issues exporting your charts! We'll always do our best to assist you. Have an amazing week! :)

Jared
Jared
  • Industry: Government Administration

Piktochart keeps making me look good

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

It is a time saver, like having a professional designer on staff. Can't say enough about how great it has been for our small agency. We can't afford to pay someone else to do this, and Piktochart is worlds better than trying to cobble together something on MS Word.

Pros

Where to start? This platform is amazing, and makes me look amazing. Completely easy to use, WYSIWYG, intuitive software program. Tons of beautiful template designs available for use with a free account, but the options on a paid account are really amazing. Well worth the cost, especially with the rates that they offer for non-profits.

With this program and 10 minutes of effort, I can develop professional flyers, posters, and infographics that look incredible. Just don't tell anyone how easy it was.

Cons

It can be a little tricky editing on Safari, something about the page layout makes the bottom of the screen hard to see. Only thing I can think of, this tool makes me look like a million bucks.

Eilidh

Enjoy Piktochart

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

Pros

Made it easy to share presentations and digital files across a team of 20+ Marketing group.

Cons

The addition of the export to PPT was valuable for us. A crop feature for images would be beneficial.

Canva

Transforms Anyone into a Designer

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

My experience has been amazing. As someone with little design knowledge, this platform makes my life easier and I can create beautiful images quickly.

Pros

Piktochart is extremely easy to use. Even if you are not a designer, this helps you easily design flyers, banners, infographics, etc. They have so many templates available so it's both fun and easy to create content. The price point is pretty low and definitely worth it!

Cons

They used to have more fonts, but recently removed some basic ones I use like Arial. They still do have a lot of fonts available though.

Response from Piktochart

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us a positive review! We're glad that you find Piktochart valuable. You can also add your own custom fonts especially brand fonts. Let us know if you need any help!

Pritam
Pritam
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Amazing platform for me

Reviewed on 2023/02/18

For quick and beautiful visualisations, Piktochart is perfect. Businesses should assess their budget and use needs before subscribing to get the most out of the platform. Other graphic design programmes may be better for individuals who want greater customisation.

Pros

the major advantage of Piktochart is its simplicity. It's so easy to use that even I, a non-designer, can create stunning visuals. With the online video editor, making social media videos is a breeze. I don't have to worry about starting from scratch either, since there are plenty of customizable templates available.

Cons

I need to assess my budget and usage needs before subscribing to Piktochart to make sure I'm getting the most out of the platform. If I need more customization, I'll have to look into alternative graphic design programmes.

Sara
Sara

Quick and easy to use software to create infographics, professional result.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

My graphic design workflow (data visualization) has sped up a lot; this app generates professional and smart graphs based on tab sheets

Pros

- easiness to use, you can import data from excel or google sheets.
- high-quality pdf downloaded can be modified using another software (es. Illustrator)
- you can upload your own graphics, also to be used into graphs (svg).
- really great real-time customer care and troubleshooting support
- many templates available

Cons

- icons available within the app are not very interesting, and many are missing.
- I would like to be able to customize more the graphs generated
- colour management could be improved

• Industry: Management Consulting

Love it for the ease of design

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

We use Pikochart over all other presentation solutions. We never use Powerpoint anymore - it's just so boring. Well worth what we pay to have professional looking presentations for minimal effort.

Pros

Pikochart does a great job of automating a professional looking design for our presentations. We also use Prezi and Piktochart is MUCH less time consuming.

Cons

The major flaw with Piktochart is the search feature. It simply does not return results consistent with the the words used in the search... even when you use the exact name of the Pikto. If you don't have hundreds of files, it won't cause that big of an issue.

TYLER
TYLER

Think Canva for Infographics

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Piktochart lowers the barrier to people designing info graphics, making data visualization more prominent throughout our org, which is ultimately a good thing.

Pros

Canva made graphic design for posters, social media images etc incredibly accessible to people without design skills, and Piktochart does this but for info graphics. Allows someone with no formal training, and only a cursory creative eye, to put something together that looks good, and presents data and information clearly.

Cons

Much like the issue I have with Canva, the 'ease of use' benefit comes with the trade off of graphics looking a bit 'samey', or cookie cutter. It's not a bad trade off, but it is there. It just lacks personality when compared to something designed from scratch.

Response from Piktochart

Hi Tyler! Thanks for your honest feedback! We now have new templates for social media images including insta story :) Do try it out and let us know what you think!

Muhammad Mohsin
Muhammad Mohsin
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Piktochart Review

Reviewed on 2022/07/01

Pros

Its main feature is that you can make presentations, posters, infographics, and even a video.
The final work can be downloaded in high resolution pdf.

Cons

There are not much functions available in Piktochart when we compare it with other professional software like that of adobe suit.

• Used for 2+ years

Infographer's Dream Platform!

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

Overall experience is a good one! I totally recommend!

Overall experience is a good one! I totally recommend!

Pros

I really love Piktochart for making infographics! Charts galore, seriously! I love the ready made templates... I usually always use one of the ready made templates which saves me so much time.

Cons

For what I use Piktochart for, I really don't have any complaints. I feel like platforms could always use more free elements to help create, but you can always buy a premium subscription for more.

Debbie

Easy and Effective for Videos, Infographics, Presentations and More

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

Pros

I am a big fan of the video component of the software. It's very intuitive to use and it's easy to get an editable transcript and to add subtitles. That means that I can easily repurpose the text I get into a blog post which saves me a huge amount of time.

I'm just starting to use the infographics, posters, and reports sections, and there, too, it's very intuitive and the learning curve isn't steep at all.

I'm very focused on repurposing my content and I find that Piktochart makes that process very streamlined for me.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about this software, to be honest. It does what it says it will do, and it does it well.

Stacy
Stacy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to use with lots of templates to get you started

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

I've been happy with the product and have designed several items now. The prices is great and I've recommended it to several other people.

Pros

I started using Piktochart without any experience in making infographics. I found the program very easy to navigate. I started with a template, then quickly figured out how to adjust colors and features, importing images and graphics. It was really fun to deign within the program.

Cons

I wish that the software automatically saved as you edited. I also wish they included a variety of icons for use so that I didn't have to go source those. Sometimes getting the colors to change for the specific item I want changes to the exact color I need, took a couple tries, but my products still turned out great.