Serpstat Reviews

Serpstat

Cloud-based search engine optimization (SEO) software

Alex
Alex

This is, bar none, the BEST cloud based SEO platform out there...

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

It has revolutionized our SEO game, and helps us make daily decisions on what kind of content to write, publish and try to optimize around, as well as helping us spy on our competitors in SEO and PPC (in a way that SEMRush or even SpyFu never could).
The software has exceeded my expectations in just about every area. Even the use of their API is downright cheap (we plug it into NetPeak, and it costs a bit less then other providers APIs). You do need to know a bit about SEO/PPC fundamentals to get the most out of it, but even for newcomers, it's incredibly intuitive

Pros

This software is like using SEMRush, but... on crack. I can't begin to list all of the little (but clever) enhancements that this software provides just included into its reports and SEO/PPC tools. Their support is chat based and excellent as well.

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Will help the average business achieve 80% of their content marketing goals

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

As a digital marketing agency, we like to cross-reference data from different sources to get a full picture. Serpstat is one of 3 main tools we use regularly to research competitor keywords and back links.

Pros

Serpstat has a broad range of high-quality data solutions in one package. I've noticed that over the years, SEO software seems to be in an arms race, where different companies take the lead for a while, then others overtake. For each metric, it's possibel that you can find an alternative that is more accurate, but if you only choose one software provider, Serpstat give incredible value. If an average business was to use Serpstat, and work through everything, they'll get the 80/20 in desired results.

Cons

Originally, the volume of links found was inferior to other competitors, and keyword results were only a partial match, in comparison to Google Analytics. Serpstat were a fair way behind the top 2 or 3 providers. I'm pleased to say that they've really caught up in the last 6 months. In some areas the gap is closed, and in others the gap is closing fast.

• Used for 1+ year

Difficult to use. Unclear UI. Still useful as a tool.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

There's so much to this tool that it can find nearly any sort of seo or PPC related data for you on almost any given domain.

Cons

There's so much to this tool, and most of it is poorly documented and/or not clearly explained for a non-technical user that it makes 80-90% of the functionality inaccessible. The only way to really get value out of it is to experiment, test and play with all the features over time until you find what combination of search functions gives you the information you'll find useful.

Roman
Roman

Serpstat - Perfect SEO tool for Eastern Europe market

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

We use Serpstat as daily basis tool for Eastern Europe projects and it's perfect for this (getting data like organic rankings, PPC campaigns and ads of our competitors, etc.). Also on paid plans we have an ability to monitor keywords rankings and make site audits automatic.

Pros

- Huge database of backlinks for Yandex and Google Ukraine, Russia and other Eastern Europe countries
- Site audit functions, you can check for performance issues on your website and check pages with bot, so you will get report with problems that can affect your SEO strategy
- Checking out for organic rankings and keywords
- History of website visibility in organic search
- Checking PPC campaigns of your competitors
- You can have FREE account with limitations

Cons

- It doesn't have the biggest database like Ahrefs for US projects, but still have acceptable one

Christopher
Christopher

A good product that will get better as they continue to add features and functionality

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

It allows me to easily grab info about a site that I can use to help me research prospective clients.

Pros

I was able to purchase this for a one-time fee, which while slightly feature limited still provides me with enough functionality that I can use this in my day-to-day SEO work. Most especially while I am prospecting for new clients and I just need a quick look at a site to see how it is ranking and what it is ranking for. It has the same functionality as Moz, SEMRush, AHrefs, and Majestic for a fraction of the price.

Cons

There's not much that I can think of that I don't like about the program. The biggest complaint would have to be that it doesn't cache results, so if you are researching a topic and need to jump back and forth between different views it does a new query. Minor complaint, but when you are limited by the number of searches a day it can matter.

Mike
Mike
  • Industry: Consumer Services

It turns our SEO managers into professionals fast

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

It's a great tool for optimization your website, it's multi-functional and you don't need a pack of tools to make your website rank higher! We're a SEO agency and we use it all the way through! But one of the best things about it is that it keeps on developing and new features and databases are added all the time, it's superb!

Cons

First it seemed a bit hard to understand as there are so many features in it, but the guys rolled out teaching Academies with quizzes and now we use them to train our new employees!

Martin
Martin

My bread and butter solution for SEO

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

I RELY on Serpstat to keep my content optimized so that I can effortlessly drive organic traffic and improve my rankings in Google.

Maybe more importantly, Serpstat gives me confidence in my content decisions.

The cost/benefit ratio with Serpstat is unmatched by any other tool on the market.

Pros

I don't use SEO as intensively as other marketers might. However, anytime I'm going to create a new piece of content, my first stop is SerpStat. Within a few short minutes, I'm able to slice and dice search, competition, backlink and ranking data so that I can make intelligent decisions.

I also really like the Serpstat ecosystem. I like their support videos, their articles and the emails they send. They keep me up to date on SEO matters without being overwhelming.

Cons

The only thing I say that I'm not too fond of is the fact that I don't have access to all the databases off the bat. But I guess it's fair enough for the really affordable price at which it's offered.

Kolleen
Kolleen

Top SaaS

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

The software has a low pricetag compared to others in it's category. I can do so much on SerpStat. The reports are beautiful and clean.

Cons

It has more than I realized and it's not apparent.

Rithvik
Rithvik
  • Industry: Research

Great SEO Tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Completes my list for most of the seo tools required like keyword research, search analytics, advertising analysis , content marketing ideation , rank tracking and some other tools which are great. It's an all in one tool.

Pros

Best keyword analysis tools I have. They have a decent database of keywords. It is great for keyword research and site audit. Great keyword tracking and Rank tracking tools. They have good ui and they are working hard to add new features. Great team.

Cons

Completes my checklist didn't find any thing missing has of now

Marius
Marius

All-in-one SEO tool with fast growing databases

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

I'm using it for multiple purposes:
1)to track the backlinks and rankings of my websites
2)to...

I'm using it for multiple purposes:
1)to track the backlinks and rankings of my websites
2)to analyze my competition and see what they are doing (in terms of SEO and PPC)
3)to run website audits and get a list of tasks sorted by the highest priority

Pros

I love Serpstat's website audit, as it breaks down the issues found on your website based on their priority, so you easily know what to start with.

Cons

The UX is sometimes confusing to me. I often misclick and leave the current project (going back to the list of projects. Then I have to select the project again).

Berke
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

SEO Analyzing with Serpstat

Reviewed on 2022/10/04

Over few months of using Serpstat, I deeply recommend Serpstat to use for marketing and SEO. It is important to have organic metrics day to day and Serpstat can give you them. You can track keyword of your website to understand and report your clients.

Pros

Serpstat is helpful tool for marketing and SEO, you can drive your plan with it's dashboard and it is really helpful for marketing strategy. You can define your competitors and analyze their organic traffic. Backlink monitoring can help you to understand if your backlink has been completed properly or not.

Cons

Serpstat is helpful tool for marketing analytics but there are other alternatives that you can use that spend less money. You can decide and check alternatives prices.

Mert

SEO Analysis with Serpstat

Reviewed on 2022/08/13

I used Serpstat for our customers website, to cover SEO health and mistakes. You can use dashboards to present your customers about SEO health and it's performance.

Pros

Data visualization is really powerful feature for Serpstat that you can use those data in the presentation. Serpstat gives you valuable information about your website health. It is important to have these kind of informations to cover all the mistakes that your website has.

Cons

Serpstat is not expensive, it is useful when you compared with other platforms but they are able to present more features for SEO to cover complete SEO mistakes and points.

Richard
  • Industry: Sports

An SEO tool that has lots of features and inexpensive!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Serpstat helps me to improve my rankings and to monitor my website.

Serpstat helps me to improve my rankings and to monitor my website.

Pros

Serpstat is a neat SEO tool that has a clean UI and is easy to use. Adding your first project is a breeze. Once I input my URL it will quickly show data like how many referring domains my website has, the organic keywords,traffic data and pages with highest visibility as well.

Doing keyword research is nice and easy too. It shows highly relevant keywords that I can use for my articles. The backlink analysis tool is good and it shows all of my backlinks. Their rank tracker tool is accurate as well. Their pricing is very flexible and great for startups.

Lastly, they also have a great blog that can help users to maximize the tool and to learn new strategies.

Cons

I do not have any issues using it. I love how simple and easy it is.

Pietro

Great SEO toolbox

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Pros

Serpstat is a great SEO product, complete and very easy to use. It has everything you need to work in onpage and offpage SEO. Very simple to use, the product allows you to quickly have an answer to all the questions that an SEO could ask during everyday work.

Cons

I have a basic plan and it is sufficient for my work. I have not had any negative experience using this tool.

Semrush
Alina

SEO is much easier with Serpstat

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Detailed guides are available on each tool recently. It's like when you think you already know everything and keep exploring new use cases. Tools are easy to use, with enough query credits per day and results per report available. All the data can be sorted easily using filters. Impressive regular database updates. I recommend Serpstat for those who are looking for a really quality seo tool with high functionality.

Pros

Backlink batch analysis and awesome domain & URL analysis. Also, the Intersection of semantics that helps to discover unique keywords compared with competitors and such tool as keyword clustering need to be noted. Just uncover keywords you need and build effective content as a result. SEO step by step like a Pro.

Cons

No matter how good the tool is, always want more. For example, waiting for batch analysys on keyword research from Serpstat team.

• Industry: Executive Office

Worthy research and monitoring tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

It is a tool I use regularly for a variety of purposes. The support always seems to be prompt and efficient. It is an excellent tool. I just wish it did everything I need from an SEO tool and then I wouldn't need to keep moving between tools.

Pros

Serpstat has an attractive and pretty intuitive user-interface. It is clean and most of the features you need are within just a few clicks.

There is extensive help available both with regard to the tool itself and SEO and related topics.

Cons

I like that Serpstat does 80% of what I need from an SEO tool, but it would be nice if it did the other 10% too as that would save me having to have multiple tools.

One frustration I have is that the number of keywords returned, etc, is often restricted to a relatively small amount, which I understand as there is a cost related to this kind of thing. Unfortunately, this is also the case with some of the features which would be nice to have, but are only available on high plans.

Ben

Serpstat is a very good SEO analysis tool for a very reasonable price

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Beyond the normal keyword analysis, domain rating, and rank tracking that most all SEO tools have, there are two main features of Serpstat that I like a great deal.

First, the Market Intelligence toolset is fascinating. Being able to find differences in your SERP results per region/audience segment/niche is very powerful. This has helped us narrow the scope for keyword optimization in certain instances, and even allowed us to retarget certain types of users in new ways. Of course, this tool also helps us track competitors and target some of their niche, so that is also very valuable.

Second, Serpstat's on-page audit tools are very robust. I'm not a developer, so having this easy to use, fast, and thorough tool is very helpful for maintaining our sites integrity and content quality. Since these tools are integrated into the rest of the Serpstat suite, it's very easy to do periodic audits without the need for costly third-party solutions.

Sidenote, Serpstat is very cheap compared to other tools. This value makes the overall benefit for our organization much better.

Cons

The visual design of Serpstat can be bland at times. It's not inefficient or confusing, just plain. Obviously there has to be some sort of tradeoff for the cheaper price, and I think it is this. But the . pricepoint is well worth the decrease emphasis on aesthetics.

Chris

Simple, yet powerful. What more can you want?

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

SerpStat makes it easy for me to track our rankings, backlinks and to compare to the other competitors in the market. They have advanced functions and audits and a host of keyword functions.

Pros

The simplicity of the interface is very attractive. For something that has all of the features that I'm looking for, it's easy to see where to go for the different analyses that I'm looking for.

Cons

Depending on the day there are times some of the functions take 20-30 seconds to load. But likely that's due to the volume of information.

Daniel
Daniel

Great alternative to more expensive SEO software

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

I wish I was better at SEO so I could take full advantage of everything that SerpStat offers. The SerpStat team is also continually producing high quality info on SEO and how to use the software to achieve your SEO goals. I actually look forward to receving their emails so I can learn more.

Pros

SerpStat has replaced LongTail pro and other SEO tools for me. It has everything I need to make an educated decision about targeting keywords on the web. I'm not a heavy user of the software, but when I need it...it's there with the info I need.

What I like
- Gives a list of competitors websites based on organic search related to the keywords provided
- Google Trends charts are included on the results page
- Ability to drill down into related keywords right from the results page
- Gives you all the relevant SEO data

Cons

Once in a while when I'm reviewing the results from a search the results are presented in another language than English. I can usually figure out what is presented but it is a bit strange to see.

A must-have for SEO

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

We use Serpstat for regular site audits and rank tracking in Google.

We use Serpstat for regular site audits and rank tracking in Google.

Pros

Implementing text analysis and rewriting some content on the site allowed our online store to get into Google's first page on dozens of keywords. Also, Serpstat's support and customer success teams are amazing. We always get fast help with any questions or troubles while using this product.

Cons

Not the most straightforward interface I've ever met. The knowledgebase and Serpstat Academy may help you to get use to it though.

Emma
  • Industry: Automotive

The one I was looking for so LONG!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Truly awesome tools this platform holds! I finally have found SINGLE solution to track my rankings, monitoring competitors, auditing my sites and doing content research. Content marketing section is something that brings this tool on top of its main rivals.
I'm ecited I grabbed this deal!

Pros

- Price
- Vast databases
- Various filtering and exporting options
- White label reporting

Cons

- Cannot batch audit multiple sites at once

Response from Serpstat

Hey Emma,
Thank you for your review of us. Unfortunately, we do not provide batch audit, but we will deploy this option soon with use of our API.
So stay tuned:)

Dean
Dean

Almost all I need for SEO

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

Good stuff: it has 4 essential tools: keyword research, backlinks, rank tracking, and site audit. The best price according to my 3-minute research :). Decent index for both links and keywords.
Bad stuff: audit is a bit raw. bugs here and there after the redesign I guess. Not enough European countries to work with.

Overall: highly recommended. I don't do SEO for others, but I optimize my own websites, and it's just what I need.

Pros

Good backlinks and keywords index. Good price. Has almost everything you need to do SEO in one place.

Cons

Lacks European countries. Raw audit.

Jeffry
Jeffry
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

The Fabulous SEO Tool for Everyday Users

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

Serpstat offers fabulous features - comparable to the more established SEO tools - for a very affordable price.

Cons

There are features that are still not supported such as the ability to find a parent keyword from long tail keywords and vice versa.

Arheer
Arheer
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A useful tool for keyword research

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

We tried using Serpstat for a few months. We wanted to track keywords for our website and the competitors. The accuracy to track ranks for keywords was very high. All in all the tool met the requirements.

Pros

- Serpstat allows you to spy on your competitors. The tool can help you get data for newly acquired backlinks and keywords.
- Rank tracking feature available on Serpstat gives very accurate rankings based on the location
- A very good support team who responds to client request quickly.

Cons

The only downside the tool has is the pricing. There are other alternatives available at a cheaper rates.

• Industry: Media Production

Serpstat might be the best SEO and keyword research solution

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Keyword research and optimizing SEO for my site.

Keyword research and optimizing SEO for my site.

Pros

There are hundreds of solutions out there when it comes to SEO refinement and keyword research but Serpstat delivers the best bang for its buck. You are able to create awesome website analysis for your site/client site on top of doing quick keyword research. The data they provide is also quite accurate and in line with real Google SERP stats. For the money, Serpstat beats out competitors such as SEMrush and Ahrefs.

Cons

Serpstat like many other keyword research tools, have somewhat of a learning curve. You have to know what you're trying to look for and understand what the data means. It wouldn't be wise to spend money on a platform where you don't know what you're doing with it.