Beautiful.ai Reviews

John Anthony
  • Industry: Music

Presentations with Pride

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Pros

Whatever the topic may be, there is always a template available that is perfectly laid out to jump start the slide design process. I never find myself stuck for ideas on how to make attractive slides that hold my audience's attention. My SME always looks like it has a full-time designer on staff creating our presentations, when in fact all the hard work is being done by Beautiful.ai.

Cons

On very rare occasions I find myself wishing I could customize the lay outs a bit more. For example, sometimes I'd like to move a bit of text or image, but I can't. However, I know the software is keeping the integrity of the design of a particular template, and the end result looks personal.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi John Anthony,

We love hearing that your SME is able to create presentations that rival a full-time designer! Thanks for taking time to review Beautiful.ai and share your experience.

Maureen

Impresses my audience with the images and features of the Beautiful.ai slides

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

I have been using for several years now and am always gratified that the presentations I do with Beautiful.ai get such positive feedback. Having the ability to customize fonts and colors makes it absolutely my go to presentation tool.

Pros

I always get such a positive reaction from my clients and others when I use the Beautiful.ai slides. They are so well thought out in terms of features and functionality that I'm able to craft most presentations using them as is, without having to resort to other products. The ongoing updates to the slides and the example presentation decks are really a good jumping off point to inspire me when I start on a new deck.

Cons

The ability to create and then merge separate decks is quite annoying. It would be a total home run if I could upload Powerpoint decks into Beautiful, as well. There are some restrictive elements of the animation and build features that are also hard to work around and some basic ideas are not captured well (organizational structure, work breakdown structure as examples).

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for reviewing us, and for the great suggestions on how to improve the tool! You list out a few things we'd definitely like to pursue in the future. Please email [email protected] to be added to our notification list for potential changes in our offering.

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

Predatory Trial Policies

Reviewed on 2024/02/25

Poor. My request for a prorated refund was entirely reasonable; the policy isn’t.

Pros

As an independent contractor I was looking for help with creating a branded slide template and in particular some design help for a specific comparison slide. The tool didn’t meet my expectations for this use case.

Cons

The trial policies are predatory. The solution didn’t fit my purpose but the trial ended and a 1 year license was charged. The company refused to refund a pro-rated amount because the policy only provides a refund with 24 hours of the charge. The email with the charge doesn’t restate the fine print. I also asked for my card info to be deleted (I can’t remove it from the user interface in my own) and received no reply. These are terrible practices for a tool I evaluated and received no value from and expect to never need to log in again. I can accept my mistake for the missed cancellation, but I think a prorated refund is entirely reasonable and the company should have worked with me.

gabriela
  • Industry: Human Resources

Beautiful product

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

I love it and recommend it to everyone. Use it over powerpoint every time. I wish they were doing features and improving a bit faster.

Pros

The pre-selected layouts and fonts are a no brainer to create fast, professional looking visuals that resemble more marketing material than powerpoint created slides. It's easy to use, intuitive and fst, with a great library of royalty free images for every need.

Cons

More flexibility with text arrangement, sizing and fonts. I feel that the focus is too much on presentations for pitches or marketing, and when it comes to visual aids for learning, it can be limited.
Also portability to powerpoint (exporting) should be improved. Text is exported as its own text box for each bullet/content which makes it an alignment nightmare if you want to work on the exported document. Also, there's always at lest one slide that does not export at all. It is a fantastic product but I feel they are becoming stagnant when comes to improving the user experience. Haven't seen a lot new in the past year to improve this.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Gabriela,

Thanks for sharing your love and recommending Beautiful.ai to others!

We appreciate you also taking the time to share your experience and suggestions on exporting to other formats. If you'd like to be notified of future updates to our export functionality, please email us at [email protected]

Sarah

Fantastic resource that takes the pain out of presentations

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Great to be able to use and present with. Attendees to international conferences and events have commented on how lovely they think the slides are.

Pros

I really love the way Beautiful.ai makes any presentation look amazing. Very easy to customise and make it your own without ruining the aesthetic of what you are presenting.

Cons

Audio doesn't work as well as it should do, it can sometimes overlap and reloop over one another when you are presenting. I couldn't trust it would work so had to instead use a separate programme

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Sarah, it's great to hear Beautiful.ai has had such a positive impact for you. Thanks for sharing!

Regarding the audio issues, our engineering team is in the middle of overhauling our audio features so this should be resolved in the next couple of weeks. Can I connect you with support so they're able to notify you when the update is released? Thanks again!

Julie Lynn
Julie Lynn

Like visiting the future

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

I use this for proposals and presentations that are high level and don't need a ton of detail. For those presentations I still use PPT.

Pros

I am a PPT lover, i would live in it. But finding Beautiful.AI was like visiting the future - fantastic templates and examples, prebuilt slides that look amazing, and relatively easy to use for very high level information. and now that it exports to PPT, I'm a happy camper.

Cons

It's not foolproof, there are areas where it's super finicky. The ability to customize the templates is not easy and can feel confining. Also, there are no speaker note abilities if you are accustomed to using those.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Julie Lynn,

We love hearing you're a happy camper. Thanks for taking time to share your experience!

It may be useful to check out these articles about creating and viewing speaker notes:

Timo

Fast way to make beautiful presentation decks

Reviewed on 2021/07/31

I use Beautiful AI when I want to present some research quickly - I like the charting slides can be done quickly and they look really nice, better than Canva.

Pros

I like they have integrated the endless source of free images to illustrate the presentations and basically cover all possible slide templates you might need. Setting up your deck is nicely fast.

Cons

While presentations can be also exported to PPT, to be later used as background on Zoom presentation, I wish there would be easy way to use Beautiful AI presentation automatically as Zoom background or that Beautiful would have a presenter overlay function when you'd like to record a live presentation.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Timo--Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Beautiful.ai. We're glad to hear you can create decks quickly.

You can present your Beautiful.ai deck on Zoom, just as you would a PowerPoint. It sounds like you'd like to next-level that experience and an overlay feature would be a great addition to your workflow. We'd love to connect with you more on this. Would you email [email protected] to connect with one of our Product Success team?

Great for a Marketing Agency

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Overall a great product with an amazing ease of use piece. Very cost effective and easy to collaborate with multiple teams.

Pros

The ease of collaborating and being able to focus time on things other than making my presentation look and feel polished.

Cons

There are some functionality issues and at times the control over color schemes is limited, but ease of deployment is fantastic.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your appreciation of our collaboration and team functionality! We'll share your comments on color schemes with our product team.

Marko
Marko
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fast and easy way to create visually stunning presentations.

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Perfect tool for situations when you need to make a good looking presentation in a short period of time.

Pros

What makes this app different is the ability to save you time while enabling you to create some visually stunning presentations. A lot of predefined templates are ready and wait for you to jump in and start working on your presentation. I was truly amazed with the sheer number of free images, backgrounds and icons that you can use as assets. But the true power of this software lies in the ability to adapt: You can insert, pull, add and move around the presentation objects and the app will respond. It will auto arrange, resize, change the color of assets and even pick nice contrasts and color variations for you.

I mean, if you need a presentation, and you need it ASAP, this is the right software. It doesn’t boggle you down with twisting and strange formatting, you don’t need to worry about the assets because you have a ton to choose from.
I’m using this software for fast creating of simple but visually beautiful presentations. So, basically I know what I want and this app really delivers it. If I want to create something more complex or to embed a video into the presentation I’d use different and some more traditional applications.

Cons

This is not a con, more of a remark: This software is meant to be used for simple presentations which look good. For more complex project you should be using a different solution.

The Best Presentation Tool Ever Made

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

After using it, you won't be using PowerPoint ever again!

After using it, you won't be using PowerPoint ever again!

Pros

With the tool, everyone can create amazing presentations. Because it's using the rules of good design, it does all the graphic design decisions for you, and the results are just beautiful.

Cons

embedding videos in the presentation lacks many options like trimming videos and importing your own files.

Kevin

Amazing Presentations

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Pros

Beautiful AI allows you to create professional presentations that are simple and elegant. Their built-in resource of high quality pictures and icons for any subject will take your presentation to a whole new level of professionalism. Easier to use than Prezi and more professional looking than PowerPoint, Beautiful AI is hands down, the best presentation software available.

Cons

The free version is limited to 100 slides, and then you have to switch to a monthly subscription. I would like to see the software become available for a one-time fee and download.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for taking time to review us, and also for the pricing suggestion. Different pricing models may be something we're able to pursue in the future. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used for 1-5 months

Well named. Beautiful results!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

I was able to create a presentation that was both functional and beautiful. Very user friendly!

Cons

At times I was unsure if my project was being properly saved, and there were a few times that there were glitches switching to the next slide when creating the presentation.

Erica

A GAME CHANGER!

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Amazing! Thank you very much!

Amazing! Thank you very much!

Pros

Beautiful.AI changed the way I think about presentations. I once dreaded making the PowerPoint deck *or GoogleSlides) and would wait till the very last minute, negatively impacting my preparedness and effectiveness of my presentation. I tried Beautiful.AI over a year ago, and ever since, I actually get excited about creating my presentations. I find that I'm focusing on the content, not nit-picking the details (because it does that for me!). I absolutely love the templates and 95% of the time find something I can just use off the shelf. I have become more effective thanks to this software, I couldn't be more grateful and would love to see more people use it!

Cons

Since it lives in the cloud, if your internet slows, the software can slow. It never actually froze, just showed some lag.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Erica,

Thanks for sharing what you love about Beautiful.ai!

Our product team will be thrilled to hear you look forward to creating presentations.

Candace

Great collaboration tool!

Reviewed on 2021/03/21

Fantastic

Fantastic

Pros

Easy to set up teams and crest material together.

Cons

It’s hard to reuse slides between presentations. I can’t copy or move slides between all presentations of the library.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Candace,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Beautiful.ai! Sorry it's been challenging to copy slides into new presentations. This tutorial on how to reuse slides among presentations may help: https://support.beautiful.ai/hc/en-us/articles/115002438611-How-do-I-copy-slides-from-one-presentation-to-another-

If you're still experiencing issues with copy and pasting slides between presentations, please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can help.

Binigya
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Beautifying your presentations - The AI way

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

We needed a quick, web-based and a free presentation software that could make some amazing slides. And Beautiful.AI was exactly that. I'm glad we started using this software.

Pros

I love the UI and the UX of Beautiful.AI. It is really easy to create slick, professional slides in just a few steps. Beautiful.AI provides some nifty tools to make your slides really pop, in a minimalistic fashion. And to top it off, it is free to get started.

Cons

I wish there were more features, such as more animations and more layout options. I also do not like that it has reduced the features available to free users over a period of time.

Zhixiu

Powerful Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

My boss loves my presentation by Beautiful.AI. It's much more easy and stylish than PowerPoint.

Pros

Easy to use, great design, plenty of templates. Little dumb in sheet function. (not support automatic calculation and import from Spreadsheet)

Cons

Not very flexible in formatting and sizing.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi Zhixiu,

Thanks for leaving us a review! Great to hear you've opted to switch to Beautiful.ai, and glad to know it's helping with presentations you share to your boss.

If you'd like to be notified of updates to our table slides and functions, please email us at [email protected] so we can add you to the notification list.

David

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Pros

Beautiful.AI perfectly reimagines and delivers on compelling visual presentations. My team and customers love the result.

Cons

The learning curve was not too steep, but as a lifelong PowerPoint user there were some hurdles to overcome. Thankfully, the Beautiful.AI team continuously improves the UI to make it more intuitive.

Response from Beautiful.AI

Hi David,
It's great to hear your customers and team love the presentations you build in Beautiful.ai! Thanks for sharing.

It sounds like you're already aware of the updates we've been making in the last year, but in case you ever want to learn more about our latest releases they are listed here: https://www.beautiful.ai/product-updates

it seems great at first, a bit too highly opinionated

Reviewed on 2022/06/27

Pros

when just need slide deck quick is great

Cons

no option to tune things -- can use this template or that template, but options are hit & miss

Aline
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Useless to use

Reviewed on 2024/03/11

Very bad, useless, boring, not up to date.

Very bad, useless, boring, not up to date.

Pros

I didnt like anything about it. It is useless.

Cons

It only supports documents that are in a ppt format.

Andrii
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Terrible refund policy

Reviewed on 2023/05/27

Pros

Looks nice at the first glance. But still

Cons

Stay away from Beautiful.ai. It might look fancy and attractive on the outside, but my experience was anything but beautiful. I signed up for a free trial, decided it wasn’t for me, and cancelled. You’d think that would be the end of it, right? Wrong. They went ahead and charged me not once, but twice. When I reached out to their support team for help and a refund, they flatly refused.

Esther
Esther
  • Industry: Design

You shouldn't stress about how your presentation look, honestly.

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Pros

What I love the most about this software is how simple they have made it easy for us to only focus on content rather than how the presentation look. Oftentimes, I've found myself spending more time tweaking the design of my presentation rather than the content. Beautiful.ai is heaven sent.

Cons

Nothing really. The software really has everything to make any presentation successful. The trial really give you a taste about what they've got to offer.

Arman
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Really Beautiful

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

This is a great software for creating presentations: it has a very nice design, a library of templates and also pictures and icons of any kind, everything is at hand and there is no need for additional search in internet for any of these in most cases. There is no redundant functions, but every offered function is practical. And the result can be downloaded in PDF, JPEG and Powerpoint formats for free.

Cons

It is very hard to find any cons in this software :) but I have noticed, that the quality of images downloaded in JPEG file format is slightly lower than the ones in PDF format.

Wow. I have tried so many slide creation programs.... this one app saves me more time than...

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

Smooth, easy, clean, crisp, super quick slide creation. The variety of templates is exceptional. And, these are not templates that require you to delete all kinds of images. These are structural templates. Other services give you slides designed by other people and you have to delete so much stuff that it's not helpful. These templates let you just get in and add your info.

Cons

Does not work very well displayed on the iPhone or Android. Doesn't let you embed video or audio for offline presentations.

Christopher
Christopher
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Making sales support issues with powerpoint a thing of the past for Marketing Teams!

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

So much time saved working on the little things for powerpoints.

So much time saved working on the little things for powerpoints.

Pros

So much time is spent doing the little things to make powerpoints 'perfect' - especiallyevident once you use this software. This makes those little things automated, allowing me to focus on improving the story.

Cons

As the product is young, things can be missing like truly customizable templates, but it just takes time - new company color settings were added just in the past week.

Julien

Good tool to make simple presentation

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

I really like the way you can create a good looking presentation in a couple of minutes.

The only...

The only negative point to me is the lack of flexibility.

Pros

It's a very easy to learn and use tool to make beautiful presentations.

Cons

Because it's simple, you don't have the flexibility like a Google Slides or Powerpoint tool.