GigaTrak Asset Tracking System

Asset tracking and barcode scanning software

• Industry: Media Production

Not quite good enough

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

This is average inventory tracking software, it print barcodes, and comes with a portable scanner for auditing inventory.

Cons

It doesn't work right often enough that it's frustrating. Reports don't work and cause crashes, there are better products on the market now that use apps on smart devices.

Response from GigaTrak

Sorry that you are running into issues! Reports should never be crashing and you may be missing an important file in your registry. We also offer a downloadable mobile app for both our self-hosted solutions and cloud-hosted solutions so that you can use your own devices! Please contact [email protected] so we can figure out the next steps in getting your system running correctly!

Gabriel L.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Order from Chaos

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Gigatrak allows us to keep accurate update records on the go in a very fast paced and unpredictable environment.

Pros

extremely versatile, we use Gigatrak for both our package and asset tracking needs. The programs allow great flexibility in how and when we we input information. With the dolphin mobile scanners we can effectively keep accurate track of everything coming in and going out across two campuses. All that information is easily retrievable by anyone, anywhere which makes our daily workload much more organized and efficient.

Cons

so far i haven't found a way to record notes upon delivery with the dolphin mobile scanner. We can take notes while receiving an item but not on delivery. re-scanning as a second receipt with notes and then delivery is a somewhat bulky process I still have some configuring to do. Sometimes while scanning in packages the notes feature will activate and you end up scanning the following tracking number into the notes instead of scanning as package.

Response from GigaTrak

Thank you for your feedback! We are always updating our tracking systems to be more versatile with customer needs! I will add your "delivery notes" as a request feature for our Package Tracking System.

Peter S.

Excellent Inventory System

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

We keep tack of all IT hardware. Can easily find who has certain equipment and when some equipment come out of warranty.

Pros

Can easily keep track of our inventory and who is assigned to the equipment. Able to keep notes on what was done to equipment over time.

Cons

The only issue is that conversion from our WASP inventory system to Gigatrak was not an exact conversion. Had to manually make some changes to database.

Response from GigaTrak

We appreciate the feedback Peter! Unfortunately, data conversion isn't an exact science when switching systems but we do our best by providing import templates to our customers. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Sarah M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

GigaTrak Asset Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

I like how down-to-earth this software is. A lot of other database systems are flashy and have lots of bells and whistles. That is not the case with GigaTrak - easy to navigate and simple to learn. I also really liked how someone with little to no computer knowledge could log in easily and find the information they needed quickly.

Cons

The one thing that I did not like is how specific the data import sheet has to be. If you don't have your columns and fields established JUST right, you will have to re-import. Overall, though, the process was clear and straight-forward.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks Sarah! We strive to make our system as friendly and easy to use as possible. We appreciate your feedback!

Daria T.

GigaTrak helps small nonprofits

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Pros

It is easy to use and easy to customize. The price was right for our small organization. And though we are only using some of GigaTrak's capabilities now, the system can grow with our needs.

Cons

Honestly it's been able to meet our needs very well. I don't have a complaint!

Response from GigaTrak

We are happy to work closely with non-profits to provide an asset tracking system that doesn't break the bank! Thanks for your review!

Kyle J.

Great Cross Campus Tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Very responsive with informational inquiries, great demo team that came to our site for a trial, easy to work with overall. Great software that we would recommend for any higher education system with multi-building/campus inventory needs.

Drew R.
  • Industry: Banking

Very Useful Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

For the most part it has been a really good experience. The more I use it the more I realize as to what it does. I really like all the different reports you can generate also.

Pros

I like how you can assign an asset to an individual and then keep track of the history of that asset as to who used it last. I also like how you can look each individual asses up by the asset number assigned to it.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app I could use to scan the asset bar code so I didn't have to run back and forth to the computer to enter an asset's number. We bought a scanner but hardly ever use it. I typically open the note app on my iphone and keep track of what asset numbers need to be assigned to different users. It would save so much time if there was an app I could use to scan the bar codes of the assets.

Response from GigaTrak

Hey Drew! We now have a mobile app available for our Asset Tracking System that can accomplish just what you are looking for! Feel free to reach out to [email protected] to learn more about it!

Jeanie F.

GigaTrak Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I am greatly pleased with GigaTrak. Not only the program itself but with the support and customer service. They are continually updating and growing which keeps the program matching our needs as we grow.

Pros

This program is one of the easiest programs to use that I have had experience with. It has helped our school district tremendously in maintaining better inventory records.

Cons

My only dislike is that the program seems to be more " GigaTrak barcode" driven and we inventory using our own asset tags/numbers. So when trying to search for a device in some reports our asset number will not flow through, only the GigaTrak barcode number will show. So it requires more work on our end.

Response from GigaTrak

Appreciate the feedback Jeanie! We do rely heavlily on barcode as the unique identifier for an asset. We do allow customers to check out/in an asset with either barcode or asset number! We can also create custom reports for you that can include the information you are looking for. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for a quote!

Maria R.
  • Industry: Utilities

My Experience with GigaTrak

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is very easy to understand, and to follow thru. The assets are easy to find with all the many search criteria that it has. I like the reports, and the ability to add more than one picture or document to each asset.

Cons

What I like the least about this software, is that every time that I search a bar code list for a location the order of the assets is different every time. It would be better if the order would always pull up by the smallest number to biggest number. Another thing would be good to have is the picture of the asset printed on the "print bar code list."

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for the feedback Maria! We provide many different fields that allow you to track very detailed information about an asset and search by that criteria. When searching for an asset using filters on the F1 tab, you can easily sort by barcode by clicking on the Barcode column header. This setting will save for your next search. Also, we are always adding feature requests to the system so I will be sure to put down adding a picture to the barcode list! Thanks for being a GigaTrak user!

Joe M.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

GigaTrak Overview

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Our media library houses thousands and thousands of broadcast tapes and drives. The older library system was archaic and GigaTrak helped resolve the challenges we encountered and is still working fine after 9-years of usage.

Pros

Easy use and quick to comprehend for newer users.

Cons

The earlier versions of the software were not as user friendly but changes were made that catered more to our type of business (see below)

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for being a valued customer! We are always working to better our product and add feature updates as our customers needs change. We appreciate your feedback!

Chris M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I like the fact that with little training i was able to get around to the information that i use on a daily basis. ease of operation.

Pros

Being able to navigate thru the user interface.

Cons

i have no issues or complaints with this software. Once the program is loaded the process for navigating is straight forward

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for the feedback Chris! We truly appreciate it!

John B.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A Whole Different Experience

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

We are --finally-- getting a grip on the inner workings of our Tool Repair Shop. Business metrics were previously difficult to acquire and to work with. Prioritizing work was a difficult manual process, and communicating with our customers was problematic at best. Now, with the new system, and the GigaTrak Team behind it, our Tool Repair Shop, and company as a whole, is sure to benefit.

Pros

Simply put, the software is everything that we need it to be, and will likely perform beyond expectations. The company's personnel and customer focus is by far, the best I've experienced, bar none. Working with the folks at GigaTrak made me feel that we were colleagues working for the same company and on the same project. Their positive, friendly attitudes made it a pleasure to work with their personnel and their product. Well done, GigaTrak!

Cons

Minor aspects of the program could be refined to suit our application a little better. This being said, I am confident that working together with GigaTrak will surely lead to future enhancements.

Greg B.

School Edition

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

No more lost or misplaced tools! I have it set-up so the tools are signed out to a certain instructor, this puts the responsibility on to them to make sure that their students return the borrowed tools at the end of each day.

Pros

I have a much easier time keeping track of the tools that leave my tool room. The system gives you different options to check the tools out too. you can check out with the scanner or manually enter the number you have created for that tool, I find this especially handy to keep the students working quickly.

Cons

There is no where in the software to input a location within your tool room location.(shelf location). However I was still able to put it under "notes" and this seems to work well.

Mark G.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Tool Control and Inventory

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

We are in the process of expanding the Giga Trak system into other areas of this agency

Pros

A great way to track my tools and inventory, when it was checked in or out and who to

Cons

importing all our files into the system

Response from GigaTrak

Appreciate the review Mark! Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you need any help with your import!

Calvin G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great program

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Pros

We are very happy with our Gigatools program, it has been a great asset to this business

Cons

Really there is not much to say, everything is great

Shawn B.
  • Industry: Information Services

GigaTrak Works

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

Gigatrak does what it's meant to do. We've never had an issue.

Cons

The built-in reports are good but it would be nice to have more customizable reports.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks Shawn! We are working to provide more customizable reports in the near future! Stay tuned!

Christian P.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

gigatrack

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

we are happy in the company with it

Pros

That I can se it up on my server and i can manage locally

Cons

seems to work good, but it can be tricky to user with no experience

Response from GigaTrak

Christian, thanks for your feedback. Ease of use and helping companies get up and running is most important. We would like any feedback you may have on how we could help mobile users get up and running faster and often make changes to our solutions based on hearing from customer like you. Thanks!

Mark F.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Not use Yet

Have not used yet

Pros

We are still getting the software updated

Cons

Have not used yet to have a good or bad statement

Response from GigaTrak

Hey Mark! We are here to help! Whenever you are ready to get started, please reach out to [email protected] to set something up!

Kyle J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Changed the way we take inventory

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Again, the savings in time and money as well as increased accuracy were substantial.

Pros

The GigaTrak system dramatically changed how we handle inventory, the accuracy of our inventory numbers, and the amount of time/labor hours spent taking inventory. Once the system is set up and bar codes are established, we had an up to the minute count on all of our materials and information about who checked them out.

Cons

It was a little cumbersome to set up, but that was purely because of how our previous system was organized. Once that was handled, it worked seemlessly.

Response from GigaTrak

Thank you for your feedback and being a long-time customer! We are so happy the system accomplishes your needs while saving money! We are here to help if you need anything!

Gary T.

Quality product easy to learn and implement

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

product was easy to implement and easy to learn, it was adaptable to our needs

Cons

do not really have any cons yet the product has done everything I needed.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for the feedback Gary! We are here to help if you need anything!

Louis M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

GigaTrak

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Customer service is great. Excellent product.

Pros

This tracking tool is the best tool tracking system I ever use. Is very easy to deal with it.

Cons

No bad comments I love it. I like everything overall.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks Louis! Our programmers have worked extremely hard to make sure the system is very easy to setup and use on a daily basis! We are happy to hear the system is working out well for your company!

Greg B.

Tool Trackinig

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall the experience with GigaTrak is very positive.

Pros

I find GigaTrak easy to use and it meets most of our needs.

Cons

In honesty, the only issue I have is when I am looking for some reporting but it's a very small concern.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for the feedback Greg! If there is a specific report that we don't offer, we can create a custom one for you! Feel free to email [email protected] for a quote!

Vicki T.

Asset Tracking Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

My experience has been good! I think this is an excellent Asset Tracking software system and I highly recommend it!

Pros

The software is easy to learn, and easy to use. The reports are an awesome feature. The cost is well within our budget I love adding photos to each asset, and printing a copy of the Asset values by employee. I look forward to using the software each time we add a new piece of computer or phone equipment. The ability to backup to our own server helped sell this product!

Cons

I can't think of any cons, as this is the software we have needed for a long time.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for your response Vicki! We love that we can provide our customers with a number of hosting options so that they have a choice whether they want to go Cloud or stay self-hosted. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the future!

Mickey P.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

The maintenance is easy like adding and removing gear or retiring a piece of equipment.

Cons

It can be confusing when first getting started knowing how to catalog items.

Response from GigaTrak

Thanks for your review Mickey! I know learning and understanding a new piece of software can be a daunting task. Feel free to check out our online Client Center (found on our website) for a number of great resources including videos and documentation on cataloging items.

David R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool for first time asset managment!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have had a very positive experience using Gigatrak, and have recommended it to our other departments.

Pros

I went from manually entering serial numbers and asset tag numbers into multi-sheet excel documents to easily scanning and tagging with Gigatrak, it was game changing.

Cons

I admit the interface took some getting used to as with any software, but once I became familiar with it, I felt more confident and the software grew on me.

Response from GigaTrak

We appreciate your recommendations David! We have hundreds of users using the system in a school-type setting as it's great for keeping track of everything from furniture, to computer equipment checked out to students, to consumable material such as ink toner. With unlimited assets, we grow as you grow.