eM Client

Email, calendar, contact, and task integration

Evan G.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

eM Client - good email client for small office

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Our overall experience with eM Client is very positive. I would be happy to recommend it to any one looking for a good, reliable, traditional email client that is cheaper than Outlook. In fact, I like it better than Outlook anyway and though we now have Office 365 inc Outlook I have no intention of moving from eM Client.

Pros

One of our users has a strong aversion to webmail. eM Client is a good option for a traditional email client. Very much cheaper than Outlook but looks and feels familiar so is easy to use. We move to eM Client from Thunderbird and like the integration of eM Client with Google Contacts very helpful.

Cons

No particular issues. It's cheaper than Outlook but competes more with free clients so it would be nice of eM Client were cheaper than it is, but can't really complain as it doesn't cost much, is regularly updated and has given good, reliable service over many years.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Design

Great Outlook Alternative

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Pros

Honestly, it was the cost. I've been using the free version for years. It does all I need for email and calendar for my business. They update the free version about once a year and I've never had an issue with an update.

Cons

Limited to the number of email accounts it allows (I think it's 2) but that's only for the free version so I really can't complain.

Desiree W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great Product, Just One Major Kink

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

I had to uninstall eM Client and go back to Thunderbird which has a lot more functionality than eM, but I don't need all of that. I liked that eM was a kind of "middle of the road" (just the right amount) of functionality/features AND they have a nicer GUI than Thunderbird (more modern). But, the syncing errors and issues just drove me crazy. So, I'm back with Thunderbird for now. I may try them again in the near future to see if the kinks were worked out or if it just all of a sudden will sync right with my accounts, because they are worth a second look. If you are someone that needs a little more than just very basic functions, but don't want over kill and aren't a highly advanced email client user, then I will definitely consider eM Client. You may not encounter the issues I did....they are worth a look!

Pros

I loved the UI of the email client and that they allowed a few emails accounts in their free version. I loved the price on the full/pro version as well and was going to purchase if it weren't for one large kink....But, I will say this: even though the issues wasn't resolved in my case, the customer support and moderators on their forum were all very helpful and responded pretty quickly. I just wish the issue had been able to be fixed because I really did like the software, functionality/features it offered, and the price point to be able to add all my email accounts.

Cons

I kept having sync error problems with my MS emails and my Gmail. I didn't have 2FA initialized so an app password was not needed. Using my email and login (standard setup) should have worked just fine, but i think that there were syncing or connection issues at the time I used it.

Ben W.

Easy-to-use alternative to Thunderbird with a much better user interface

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Overall I have enjoyed my experience with eM Client much more than that with Outlook (obviously) and Thunderbird. I haven't had to recover an automatic backup but it's assuring to know I'll always have a backup ready when my computer inevitably dies.

Pros

The simple and clean UI helps me focus on priority emails while staying organized and efficient. The Conversations feature really helps to keep interactions simple and straightforward. The amount of options available is very refreshing, especially for someone as detail-oriented as I am.

Cons

When emails are displayed by conversation, any email with the same subject gets lumped in making it appear as if those emails are part of the same interaction. This can get complicated fast when a colleague includes you in multiple emails to different people with the same subject line. However, once you get used to it, it's easy to ignore.

Bruce K.

Better than OUtlook

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Happy or I wouldn't use it. ;-)

Pros

Integrated views of In box, Sent folders, etc. is excellent across many accounts.

Cons

User interface could use a buff. Vertical scroll bars are too thin and difficult to grab; their color contrast (to surrounding elements) is too low. Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-N) for starting a new message should be available from the New Message window. (Sometimes we think of another note we need to send while in the middle of composing another.) Font and font size should be able to be separate message format tool bar items.

Response from eM Client

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your review. Classic styled scroll bars are still present in Classic and System themes. And thank you for the New message shortcut suggestion - we'll add it to our todo list.

Excellent Email Client

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Great way to keep track of my email and contacts.

Pros

eM Client is one of the best email clients on the market, your search for an email is completed. eM Client works perfectly with eg. Gmail where you can sync email, calendar, contacts and tasks without any hassle.

Cons

It would be great if eM Client could save information directly to eg OneNote or Google Keep the same way as Microsoft Outlook can do.

Zvika F.

love this email client!

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Pros

Using it for all my gmail accounts - great integration with GMail. Allows me to review all unread emails (from multiple accounts) . I tried other free/home-use for my personal use but none worked for me.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to download email-contents. not sure why . it will be nice to speed up the email content for the "current" item (i assume you're updating all content...)

Dominik C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

very good, with one huge problem

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

perfect with one propblem, like above.

Pros

rules, view's, graphics, basicly, everyfhing was as I wanted and work with this tool was always easy to find etc.

Cons

problem was , the software always was loosing some catalogs with emails and later it was download them again. mails, never was fully downloaded. and sometimes, from last several hours , only some emails was downloaded. others I was need to restart software or get emails by www.
support neber solve this problem.
maybe it was too many email (overt 100k on my account), but not supose to be, there is no limit.

eM Client - A perfect software

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

I hope that the developers will take care of these things and we will get these done in upcoming upgrades.

Pros

It's an awesome software and is used in many organizations.
Its interface is very good.
Emails can be written in a good manner.
Different platform than Microsoft Outlook.
Colors used in product are perfect.

Cons

As this software is having different interface than outlook, its not an easy to use.
Sometimes emails having large size attachments takes much time to load.
If a user is viewing an email written from outlook doesn't look good because of the interface.

Mark A.

Good software, strange licensing

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Poor. Software is decent, but slow support and difficult point of purchase licensing make it not worth the hassle. We have 50 potential users but won't be working with eMClient.

Pros

It is an email client, pretty straightforward. Good clean interface, good connectivity between o365 and Google apps accounts.

Cons

I demo'd the software personally to see how it worked for organizational consideration. So I bought a license for my computer. After a while I wanted to put it on my laptop too to stay consistent (majority of time is at desktop, some meetings and travel with laptop). However, I discovered the software is machine licensed, not user licensed, so need to buy separate licenses. No ideal but not a big deal, I went through their website and there was mention of volume discounts.

I reached out to support, which is very weak. Some language barriers which is okay, I can work with that. However, an attempt to purchase extra licenses took close to two weeks for a reply (weeks, not days).

The response was even more baffling. If you buy two licenses 'at the same time' there is a deep discount. But if you buy one, then another the next day (for the same user, or even group of users) there is no discount. We have no problem paying full price for user licensing (desktop and laptop), or no problem with a volume system for users adding multiple machines. Why would you offer deep discounts, and then take that away when an organization wants to buy your software? Either have discounts or don't, but that's a strange carrot to wave and then pull back. Then there is the issue of waiting weeks for confusing answers that need clarification.

Alternative to MS Outlook on desktop

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Overall happy paying client, but would like that they develop more features to match and pass Outlook features.

Pros

Easy setup of our Google Accounts and the simplicity in some cases.

Cons

The features to catch up with Outlook is slow and makes you wish you still had Outlook no eM Client App for my phone and have to use Outlook on my phone.
The features are hidden or non existed when composing an e-mail.

Osama H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easier Than Expected

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Light, Free, Easy integration with Gmail

Pros

The eM Client is very easy, light, and the best to do the job! I'm being using it for more than a year now and it's very helpful to me and to my colleagues at the company. Integrating it with the Gmail server and using it for the email and calendar management.

Cons

Hope to have the "Re-Call Email" feature! This is the only feature missing white using the software!

Makis C.
  • Industry: Automotive

One of the best mail clients

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

One of the best mail clients. I use it daily for over a year, and it is very user-friendly, with many tools. I recommend it !!

Cons

It's only negative is for me the high price for many licenses.

Frustrating experience

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Don't go for it. I just put extraa burden on your employees.

Pros

Our organization recently started using eM Client, previously we were using Microsoft outlook. And sorry , I don't have any pros to tell but regret and frustration.

Cons

Here you go-
1- totally confused GUI. smart folders , local folders and exported folders all would have inbox. You will wonder why is that ?
2- I experienced a real hard time while setting it up.. I wasted my 5 hours too get to know it basic functions and how we can use things which very simple in outlook.
3- I used to send DSR form outlook daily which is in form of table. When I first start to do that in eMclient , oh my gosh, I can't customize a table , can't merge to rows, can't copy same row with its properties in other rows..
5- if I compare crating an DSR mail avg time in outlook and eMClient , it have 10 min difference.
6- it always ask you whether you forget to attach a file in this mail? Even on a simply two line mail. Zero intelligence lavel lavel.

Harold V.

Desktop email client for synchronize your accounts all in one.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Good software to manage all your accounts for varios serves (gmail, outlook, yahoo and others) IMAP/POP3 works very well.

Cons

Sometines, it shows errors. downloads of file attachments is slow. the customer service (technical support) is not the best.

Response from eM Client

Hello Harold, I am sorry for your troubles with eM Client. Could you please get in touch with me, so we can try to resolve your issues?

Thank you, Peter.

Victor L.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

DELETE function deletes several emails

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

Nice client, fully functional, with lots of options

Cons

Several days ago the soft started deleting several consecutive messages at once. A glitch? A bug? Who knows, but I lost potential clients over this, so - Outlook, here I come.

Gulshan K.

Outlook replaced with emclient

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

Organisation has changed mailing platform from Microsoft to em client. Till now it is similar to Microsoft Outlook. Can easily handle emails and meeting reminders.

Cons

I think interface isn't that good. Maybe its new software for us and not habitual.

Yamini S.

Decent but not awesome

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

Pros

eM Client satisfies my basic mailing needs. Good for small businesses and personal use. Can be easily synchronized with Outlook account.

Cons

Not as good as Outlook because I was used to it since 2 years. Saved emails do not show the pasted screenshots on them.

Vini A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

eM Client: An abstract of Outlook

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

eM Client is a software used as a personal information manager. It is used to send and receive emails using an account configured to it. It also have a facility to manage a calendar, events, etc.

Cons

GUI is not that much good. Microsoft's Outlook is much better product as compared to eM Client.

Peter F.

eM Client with our company paid Gmail account

Reviewed on 2011/07/27

We are using eM Client as a desktop application to sync with our Gmail. It allows us to quickly and easily synchronize emails, calendars, contacts and ever Gtalk.

Pros

- easy to setup, one click setup with Gmail
- price
- extensive calendar functionality compatible with MS Outlook (invites...)
- super fast search

Cons

- automatic backup functionality
- doesn't support my personal Exchange account (it syncs only email, no calendars & contacts)

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Now broken with gmail multifactor authentication

Reviewed on 2015/12/02

Unfortunately emClient is broken when it comes to gmail multifactor authentication. The OAuth2 APIs which are used by many clients and services just doesn't work with emClient and the company, whilst acknowledging the problem and not fixing it, simply suggests turning off security to get round the issue! This is both irresponsible and shows appalling customer care for paid users. Tehy're more interested in adding a dark theme skin then making it work properly. Shame, it had great promise.

Pros

Was great when it worked

Cons

Lack of support for paying customers has forced me to move the company away from it

Sue F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 2016/04/13

Paul P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Can't Modify Attached Documents

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

Good.

Pros

I like the ease of making backups (although I haven't tried to restore yet).

Cons

In all other email clients that I've used (Outlook, Windows Express, Thunderbird, etc.) if I attached a document to an outgoing email and I wanted to revise the document before sending I would be able to open the attachment, make the revisions, and when I closed the attachment the revisions would be saved, in both the attached file and where the file resides on my hard drive. With eM Client it will not save revisions you make to an attachment, so I have to delete the attachments, open up the file on my hard drive and make the revisions, and then re-attach the file to the email. Very inefficient.

Mike D.

client support is not good for a paying product.

Reviewed on 2020/12/26

This is no good client support.
I bought 2 licenses, and have to wait weeks and weeks before they even answer.

Pros

Good layout, works fine to read and send mails

Cons

I can only see my mails from 2 months back.
Submitted a ticket in October, got an answer 6 weeks later.
Tried out their suggestion ( I had to buy a new license to be able to follow their suggestion ), and it still didn't work.
After notifying them that the issue persists, still waiting for 3 weeks with no reply.

Response from eM Client

Hello,

We're very sorry to see that our support failed to provide a solution in a reasonable time frame. Contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll try to clear this matter ASAP.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
George Wilson

David I.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great e-mail option

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

My overall experience is very positive and I anticipate that I wil continue to use eM Client for the foreseeable future

Pros

The software is easy to install and generally easy to use. It has a few quirks, but once you get used to those, it is very good.

Cons

The software has a habit of backing up, usually when I need to use it, which can be frustrating. It also has a habit of creating an error when it closes, not only when it is closed because for example the laptop crashes, but also when it is closed down properly. This results in a need to check and validate the database. Whilst I have not yet lost any data, the checking is problematic if I am in a rush and for example only turned on the laptop to do a quick e-mail.

Response from eM Client

Hi David,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the closing problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at [email protected] we can help you to resolve the problem.
Or you can contact me directly.
George