Ping Identity

Cloud-based identity and access management software

Christina H.

Rockstar Support and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

It has been great, we have used PingFederate for over 7 years, and have seen things change over time. I wish we had the capacity to use all the funcationality of Ping.

Pros

The most impactful experience has been the customer service and engineering support teams, and the flexibility of the software.

Cons

There have been some change overs in Customer Service support, that has caused a bit of a hurdle, however, we met with the teams, and resolved the issues.

Keith L.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Products and excellent customer support!

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

Using a secure authentication standard makes it easy to configure as the business is moving to more cloud products. Having the authentication polices and policies contracts makes configuration of applications very simple and quick.

Pros

Ping Federate is easy to deploy and makes it easier for our employees to have one username/passwords for applications, makes it easy with authentication policies that most times our employees never see a sign-on prompt. Ping ID has also been easy to configure and is a nice MFA tool. We have not rolled it out to the whole company yet but the bet users love the ease of use.

Support from Ping is great and they respond to issues quickly and also are available to help with configuration issues if necessary.

Cons

No dislikes here, once you are familiar with the configurations and setup, everything else os pretty easy.

Trustworthy Tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/20

I often manage projects that have classified data. I feel secured, using this tool on my projects due to it's well defined authentication approach. I also have to log in to multiple environments, so being able to store different organizations and multiple SSO log ins is a plus. I can also use facial recognition on my iphone X.

Pros

Ability to handle multiple SSO log in controls.

Cons

Speed & latency. Would be nice if it had a faster processing.

Aakash S.
  • Industry: Information Services

review

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

great

Pros

authentication of user and saas application

Cons

n/a

Rob S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best in breed Federation Solution

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

SSO to enterprise and third party applications leveraging core technology

Pros

Unparalleled support for federation standards, great integration with infrastructure, good APIs for integration

Cons

Documentation can be confusing, rely on an experienced integration partner or online tutorials.

Dan J.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Get it right choose PING

Excellent customer support

Pros

Ease of use and ability to fit any use case you can throw at it.

Cons

Takes a bit to become fluent in the UI..

Adrian B.

Fully recommend

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

Pros

I can only recommend PingFederate/PingID products. They both allow me and my customers to provide secure Identification, Authentication and Authorization platform

Cons

Documentation on the web page need improvement it's better as i was before but still need more and more work

• Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

very reliable and easy to use identity management software

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

positive - affordable/reliable, easy to configure and use tool with multiple ways to authenticate.

Pros

One of the best things about this identity management tool is that its ability to configure it a few different ways - code, message, fingerprint, app related to name a few. This really give this tool versatility while being reliable and also easy to use/implement/administer.

Cons

Session management is the feature that can perhaps be improved - especially the user should be given the ability to time the session before being timed out as some users get annoyed at being timed out after a pre--defined time even though they are still using the tool . Similarly, they should be able to use same authentication when using multiple browser sessions.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review of PingID

Reviewed on 2019/09/14

Overall I think this is a good product that doesn't make it too hard to log in and access all software that staff is used to using. Of course adding extra steps to logging into things is more annoying then not having them however it is worth it the have the extra security so I would recommend this product.

Pros

What I like best about Ping is the security it adds to the software we use for work. We've had some security breaches which led to our organization to getting PingID for all staff. As an employee who was effected by the breach it does give me piece of mind that they added security to my personal information and other products we use.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I ran into some issues with the app on the phone. Of course adding any extra steps to logging into software is an annoyance but Ping tries to make it as painless as possible. In their app when a device asks for the ID number that regenerates periodically to log in, there used to be an option to use the finger print identifier on the iPhone phone that made logging as easy as putting my finger on the home key just randomly stopped working with the phone app and I have not figured out how to get it working again. This just means I have to open the app and manually type in the code each time to log into something with PingID. This doesn't effect security just ease of use.

One Source Logon

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

I have been using PingOne for almost 3 yrs. I love that it is easy and simple to use. By logging into my application on my computer it sends a notification to my cell phone via an application. I just swipe up to accept and bingo I am now logged on to my company's server do not have tonl repeatedly login. I highly recommend this for all companies but especially health care as it is iron clad.

Cons

No cons at all. Great software and would recommend

Naveen A.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Ping Suite

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Pros

It's pretty easy to use once you understand how it works.

Cons

PingFederate is very easy to set up, configure and establish federation with other identity providers seamlessly.

Good IAM tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/25

Pros

Ease of configuration and use with LDAP and active directory for accessing applictions and SSO

Cons

Can improve or add upon Cloud access broker portal option

Brandon C.

Excellent authentication software!

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I use PingID multiple times a day to authenticate user's new upgraded computers. The old computer gets removed from Ping and we add the new machine.

Pros

The UI is very clean and easy to navigate. Adding or removing a device is straight forward and easy to do.

Cons

My only complaint is some of the transitions can be confusing. For example, after adding a new device there is a brief pause before the device is authenticated. An unfamiliar user may close out the windows before the process is done because there is no indication that something is happening in the background.

Best dynamic OTP app

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

I realized it is a good security software for logging in to Amazon workspaces

Pros

1. Secured Authentication software
2. It can be managed through desktops and mobile apps
3. Easy to install and uninstall the software and it is user friendly
4. Pairing is secured and easily done through scanning QR code or entering pairing key

Cons

1. Synchronization issue in offline mode

Robert B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Convenient

Reviewed on 2019/09/01

Pros

The software is reliable and easy to use when paired with cisco any-connect. The app is great for the user using multiple options to authenticate. I also like that it was very easy to pair a new phone without having to go through the registration process with my organization again.

Cons

At times the app takes a few tries to connect when the verification request is sent from my computer

Jaime H.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great security features for identity verification/protection

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Definitely a must have in terms of making sure you have only the rightfully intended people accessing your apps and systems. Adding an extra layer of security without that much complexity for end users.

Pros

Safe way to require two step verification for accessing apps or systems. Ease to provide vendors and contractors with remote controlled access.

Cons

At fists tried using only a desktop component, but when it was locket I wasn't able to unlock without having a secondary device registered. I ended up having both a mobile and a desktop devices enrolled for security.

Marissa L.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Application

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Overall helpful to keep programs safe. Able to log in qucikly

Pros

Easy to use. Links to the programs we need it for log in. Able to verify and keep company safe from intruders.

Cons

Have to have an extra app on my phone that takes up some space and does not always connect so we have to type in code manually.

Eric D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Satisfied customer

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

Customer support has been excellent, it compensates a lot for the clunky interfaces, and marginal documentation

Pros

MFA and single sign on are the most useful featuures

Cons

The administrative interface is clunky and often unintuitive for the on prem products.. the cloud interface is slightly better.
Documentation for the products is often less than useful... it answers the simple questions but offers little in the way of an overview or guides on how the various settings interact.

Adrian B.
  • Industry: Banking

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Ping Identity solved our problems with authentication and authorization. Before each application had to deal with AA at their own, now with the Ping tools we have real SSO, we reduced number of passwords, we improved time need to log on (with adapters like Kerberos)

Pros

It's flexible solution, you can deploy it on prem or use cloud based version. OnPrem is easy to implement and upgrade. All admin UI's are very user friendly.
Software is easy to extend if your business need it, writing custom adapters (checked), customizing authentication flows (checked) on-board MFA (checked).
Good trainings and very skilled professional support team.

Cons

Some products are only cloud based (PingOne, PingID) which can be sometimes source of the troubles if your security policy is against cloud.
Product documentation over internet is not the best, sometimes it's hard to find what you need to.

Jon L.
  • Industry: Research

Endlessly flexible federation software

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

We use PingFederate as the basis for our enterprise single-sign on platform. As such, it handles logon services, session management, and federation services using SAML2, ws-fed, OAuth, and OpenID Connect. We've also tied it with their orchestration product PingCentral to expand our rudimentary app integration self-service offerings, as well as PingID for MFA/strong authentication.

Pros

I like PingFederate since it provides a solution for nearly every sort of enterprise use case I have encountered. Besides the traditional IDP/SP roles, we've used it as a federation hub to accommodate M&A and divestiture application access. The APIs underneath facilitate our cloud deployment and automation work from an operations/app-integration perspective, and new releases come with the latest profiles of OAuth so we can have even more building blocks to obfuscate the complexity of identity for our internal customers.

Cons

I think the relationship between all the components required to make a functioning OIDC OP could be made a bit clearer. It took some trial and error to truly understand where and how an adjustments to the token processes, OIDC policy, scopes, and adapters all flowed/compounded into each other.

• Industry: Medical Devices

PingOne Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

When it is working, it is mostly seamless. Allows easy FaceID on mobile to access my email. At one point there was a issue with my Outlook emails only appearing in my notifications and not making it to my inbox - however, cannot be sure if source of issue was Outlook or Ping. Required a total re-configuration to resolve.

Pros

Allows me to connect to work email on my personal mobile device

Cons

When it fails to work, hard to diagnose the issue.

Greg S.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Ping Identity is a strong partner focused on my company's success

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Our primary focus has been workforce SSO and MFA for the past five years. Ping took the trouble to get to know our needs before we were even a customer and had a strong response to our initial RFP. They've consistently solicited and responded to our product and service feedback, making the solution better and better. They focus on and celebrate not just our success, but that of all their customers.

Pros

Standards based products which interoperate with all my other products. Continuous innovation. Rich product suite enabling both Workforce/Enterprise IAM and Customer IAM. Strong cloud capabilities with on-prem components, in whatever mix works best for me.

Cons

Self-service capabilities for managing SSO relationships by application [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been slow to arrive, though that has changed in the past year and evolving to meet the needs of a large, global enterprise.

Yusuf H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Super Signle sign on

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Excellent tool to securely sign on to your various platforms
Forget passwords
This tool allows you peace of mind for security and ease of access

Pros

Face ID
Easy to use app
Great compatibility with all major softwares enables you get single sign on in a breeze

Cons

If you mistakenly deregister your device then to get setup again is little complex but still possible

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Top Tier SSO Solution

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

Ping is a top notch identity security company. Their SSO solution, PingOne is great for larger businesses. Thinking companies with more than 1000 employees. It also integrates with VPN software making it easier to integrate with your current environment. You can also add and delete tiles with ease if you are an admin.

Cons

Sometimes the software gets hung up when trying to load, but it rarely happens. Overall great product.

Sheetal S.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Much needed for remote working for encryptions

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

It’s good seamless and very quick to respond.no disconnection while working.

Pros

It’s a great software to use when you need to log in To client network and also security is required .its seamless and once enabled doesn’t get disconnected.

Cons

Need to login twice sometimes as it has a small timeframe,but better then key or Id generator softwares.