Campaigner

Shaun B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Brilliant Customer Support. Limited Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Campaigners customer support is in the absolute top-tier. I've been in the customer experience consulting and training business globally for over 20 years, and I can only think of one other company that is their equal.

Years ago, we switched away from Campaigner to Survey Monkey. We switched back 8 months later. Survey Monkey's customer service didn't come close. Even though we don't need customer support often, we sure appreciate that Campaigner doesn't make you jump through hoops to get to someone who can help.

Campaigner appears to have invested little, however in creating integrations with major platforms like Wordpress. Our subscription list suffers because of it. The support team is sympathetic, but their developers don't appear to care about it. It's too bad, because other than that, this is a world-class company.

Pros

Campaigner is easy to use, and doesn't require a lot of technical knowledge to get started (although it certainly helps). Their technical support team is fantastic, though, unlike most other SAAS. They actually have people you can talk to - and they are consistently awesome.

We use it mostly for email marketing. The reporting is great, and everything (except for the 'cons' below) is pretty intuitive.

Cons

Campaigner is missing some critical functionalities that are becoming deal-breakers. Fairly simple things like integrations with Wordpress. One of the biggest gaps is the complete inability to easily create attractive sign-up forms for websites or popups. They have some templates - which are just, well, horrible.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Shaun,

I wanted to thank you for your excellent and in-depth feedback. It is really great to know that our product and customer support team has been something that you can rely on.

Your feedback with regards to integration is also much appreciated and has been sent up to upper management.

Looking forward to serving your email marketing needs in the future, all the best.

Scott W.

Much to be desired

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

We understand Campainer is not just an email program, but they don't seem very interested in our suggestions along the way. It's disappointing that in all these years, there hasn't been any kind of redesign for ease of use. At what we are being charged monthly; we are likely going to shop around and see if there is something better matched for our needs, and priced more competitively.

Pros

We use it for simple email blasts to our neighborhood association. We don't use it for marketing campaigns, so therefore do not have the need for some of the functionality available with Campaigner. For our needs it works.

Cons

Ease of use. It is not intuitive, and they haven't done any kind of software or GUI redesign since we started using it (6+ years ago).
Making a template should be a lot easier than it is: Creating and editing templates has a lot of old graphic (frames?) technology that makes for a frustrating experience when trying to line up text blocks with headers, footers and images.
Writing an email with attachments should be easier. Having to upload a file/image to the media library, and then importing it into your email is a lot of steps. Instead, allow a person to add a file/image to an email note in the same simple fashion as any other email client works: add a paper clip button and allow us to select the file to add to the note. That seems like it should have been done a long time ago.
Also, if you accidentally remove a person from an email list, you have to call up Campaigner support to get it fixed; you can't manually fix it yourself. Very annoying.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to review the platform.

We appreciate the feedback you provided in regard to the platform and have passed the feedback on to our product team. If you have any additional issues or questions please feel free to let us know.

-The Campaigner Team

Jason P.

Automation and ease of use

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Overall, we are extremely satisfied on what this software allows us to do from a campaign standpoint. Our emails are clean and easy to read on mobile devices and on the desktop.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly allowing for drag and drop editiong or html editor features make Campaigner a breeze to work with. In addition, being able to automate an email to go out weekly, or every two weeks, three weeks or four weeks is a great feature.

Cons

Sometimes Campaigner is caps sensitive with linked documents, which will sever links if you're not careful and unless you pull it into html editor you may not be able to see the severed link in the drag and drop editor to apply changes.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Jason, thank you very much for leaving this great feedback for us. It most definitely helps us to ensure that we keep Campaigner as optimized to your needs as possible. Best regards - Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager.

Jhoana D.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Easy to use but unreliable results

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Pros

I like that was easy to use, in the sense that was intuitive. Setting emails and workflows was not difficult.

Cons

When getting results or reports the numbers were no reliable. I had the feeling that I couldn't trust the numbers. Also there were problems with email duplications that they couldn't solve.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Jhoana,

Thank you for your review as your feedback is important to us. I am going to ensure that your information regarding our reporting features is sent to our product/operations team.

Chitta ranjan D.

Campaigner an Average Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Used campaigner for one of our e-commerce client, though initially it was good but finally moved to Listrak as it provides better support & features.

Pros

I have used campaigner earlier for Email Marketing campaigns. Though it’s easy to use and set up but limited features. Workflow to send automated emails is one of the best features in this tool. You can create segments easily to send more targeted emails.

Cons

Customer service is not that good, sometimes we also found issues during login. It also never worked well in all browsers. Price is also comparatively high If you compare other tools with similar features.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Chitta Ranjan, I just wanted to thank you for your valuable feedback. The information you have presented here enables us to craft a better SaaS for all of our customers, past, present and future. I am happy to report that much of the cons you have presented have long been addressed. Should you ever wish to use Campaigner again, we would be happy to have you back and show you everything new. Best regards.

Gurpreet K.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Any time I've had questions or issues with Campaigner, Customer Support has been able to help. Whether it was a temporary power outage that prevented invites from being delivered to providing the domain/ip to prevent invites from being sent to junk mail. Campaigner makes good to deliver on their promises. I don't dread having to reach out to Customer Support because I know Campaigner will help me every time.

Pros

Being able to pull up old invites and using them as a foundation for new projects makes working on Campaigner very easy. The customization options are not limited and allow me to create unique invites and format them based on project specific needs. The reporting tool is extremely helpful and creating internal reports has never been easier with the stats breakdown (i.e. clicked, opened, delivered, etc.). Overall, a great product and much easier to use than other similar platforms.

Cons

I don't always receive test invites. I might get it once in a while but end up always having to send out an actual invite to myself or team member so that I can view what my recipients will see.

Response from j2 Global

Hey Gurpreet,

Thanks for this amazing review of Campaigner! Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and helps us to become better.

Happy to hear that you like the ease of use and our reporting capabilities. In regards to any delivery concerns, we can definitely address this anytime with our dedicated Postmaster team.

Please reach out to us anytime.

Ronald S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Using campaigner to support our ISP business and more

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Using email for marketing and customer support is here to stay. Campaigner makes it easy.

Pros

We use Campaigner exclusively for all support communications with about 300 subscribers to our Internet service at a large marina. We also use it for small business customers that we support with marketing and social media services. Easy to use and we have never had a complete failure.

Cons

The system has all of the features that we need, but the only (minor) issue is occasional "lagging" of website response and occasional apparently incomplete copying of an email campaign - we copy a lot for the purpose of sending the same email to new subscribers as they sign up to our Internet service. Sometimes the "subject line" of an email doesn't want to copy and be recognized as present in the copy.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for this amazing review! Happy to hear that you are having a great overall experience with Campaigner. If you ever want to tell me more about your experience, please feel free to follow up with me.

Thanks,

Shelley P.

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Campaigner makes preparing and distributing emails to large lists simple and fast.

Pros

Creating emails and copying previous formats is easy. Creating lists and segments gives control over who receives your messages. The sorting and categorizing of contacts is easier than in other products that I have tried. Experiments make it easy to test various email formats and reports give insightful feedback.

Cons

I would like notifications when people unsubscribe so I can update my other lists. I would also like an easier way to re-send an email to additional recipients without it creating another email.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Shelley,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this really nice review for us.

Wishing you all the best,

Lee H.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Nice Product

Reviewed on 2020/09/05

Support has always been great when I've needed them. Thumbs up.

Pros

I like how you can easily add the "openers" to any list. It's easy to export and import. I like that you can use the copy and paste feature to import smaller amount of records, so you don't have to create a csv file. I like the information given in the report.

Cons

I wish there were more templates & plainer templates to choose from when creating a campaign. While creating a campaign, I wish it would show you in the ribbon what font you used and size, etc - just like Word. So this is the area that use some updates for my purposes.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Lee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review. You may be happy to know about our new Drag & Drop email editor which will have a selection of easy to use and edit edit templates.

Best regard,

Tessa P.

Good product that has its frustrations

Reviewed on 2020/08/30

Overall this software does the job, but the general feeling on our team is that it isn't that easy to use and has frustrating quirks that hinder our ability to work quickly and efficiently.

Pros

I like the ability to have templates that can be shared across our organization. The new drag and drop editor is also very helpful to create templates and edit emails more quickly and easily - especially for staff who aren't as skilled at html etc. I think it also does a good job of list management and segmentation.

Cons

When editing an email, the software doesn't register you as being "active" unless you click next or save, so it tends to log you out while you're in the middle of editing. Sometimes there are also strange formatting things that happen to emails that take a long time to solve. I have also had experiences where the email wouldn't send because of a bad script or link to a dropbox that it flagged as spam. Solving that problem was extremely frustrating.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Tessa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback, it greatly helps us to make consistent improvements to our product to ensure you are having the best experience possible.

If you need anything, please reach out anytime.

Cindi B.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Alumni Database

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I think Campaigner is a good tool for what we need and would be even better if we are able to auto load registrants from our website.

Pros

It allows us to track current/updated information for our alumni. And, it has been useful in sending Alumni e-newsletters, and invites to other fundraising events.

Cons

Our inability to auto load our alumni who sign up through our website.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Cindi,

So happy to hear that you have been using Campaigner to keep in touch with your alumni and that it has been a great help.

We would love to be able to assist with your contact import! There should definitely be something we can do to help with that. If you ever want us to look further into this and tell us more about your experience with Campaigner, feel free to reach out anytime.

Andrew I.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Long time user

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Campaigner is a reliable and flexible software that has allowed us to grow our e-marketing campaigns.

Pros

We have been using Campaigner for about a decade and it has been a reliable and user-friendly software. They have worked to keep the upgrading the functionality over the years.

Cons

The reporting on clicks is very painful and manual. I'd really like to the ability to download a report that shows me who clicked on the campaign and the name of the link they clicked on with all the contact details. At the moment, we spend hours manually doing this.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Andrew,
Thanks so much for the review and thank you for being a loyal customer.

Your feedback on reporting has been reported to our product team.

If you have any additional questions or comments you would like to share please do let us know.

Thanks so much
The Campaigner Team

Nabeel A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Campaigner Vs Stream Send

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

It is a bit difficult for me to do forward for an old e-mail. I had to copy the e-mail and do a lot of steps which was not the case before when I was using Stream Send

Pros

The interface looks more attractive than Stream Send one

Cons

E-mail forward not an easy process comparing with Stream Send

Response from j2 Global

Hello Nabeel,

Thank you for this feedback, it allows us to hear directly from our customer base which is always very important for us.

Happy to hear that you like our user interface! We do have a very simple way of forwarding emails to other destinations and can show you anytime, please send us a message about it at your leisure.

• Used Other for 2+ years

My Preferred System

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I use campaigner to prepare newsletters for a State Representative and send them out to a large constituent base. Campaigner gives me the flexibility to develop a template that is easy to use and easy to read. Compared to the other systems I use, I much prefer campaigner and wish that more of my clients would use this system.

Pros

I have used several systems during the past several years, and my favorite is Campaigner - it is very intuitive, user friendly and incredibly flexible as templates go.

Cons

Like many systems, the constraints of templates and other considerations sometimes make it desirable or necessary to use the actual code to best format newsletters. I found that to be the case with Campaigner - but, no more so than most other systems - and Campaigner is very accommodating to downloading code, updating offline, and reloading updated code for the final newsletter.

Response from j2 Global

Hi there,
Your review made us smile! We are happy to hear that we are your go-to email platform.

We appreciate your feedback very much and we have passed it along to our product team.

If there is anything else you would like to share please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks!
The Campaigner Team

Glenn P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

I think its been the best of the email products I've used.

Pros

Very easy to import and export from our main client database

Cons

experiencing many undelivered email due to one of the Campaigner servers having a "spam" label with several receiving client's servers... it should be taken off line or reassigned a new ip address....

Response from j2 Global

Hi Glenn,

Thank you very much for your feedback of Campaigner. I will work with our dedicated Postmaster team in regards to the item you raised here.

William M.

Good product with lots of flexibility

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

In my industry, flashing graphics and complicated layouts lead to less engagement. I like the ability to create a largely text only message with specific links users can click to see more "full throated" descriptions and media.

Cons

Prices go up as the number of contacts you have goes up, and too much IMO. It seems to me the number of contacts a customer has doesn't significantly raise server needs or technology needs, so I don't get why the price increases 5 fold.

Response from j2 Global

Hey William,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback as it is extremely valuable to us. I do think the addition of the Drag and Drop editor will enhance your ability to design plain and effective email designs that are also totally mobile responsive.

I most definitely want you to be happy with the subscription level you are on and would be happy to have an account manager evaluate your situation to ensure that you have the best-suited plan for your BUs needs.

Tim S.
  • Industry: Online Media

Campaigner has been my company's newsletter resell solution for over 2 years.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

The ability to offer a newsletter solution to our clients.

Pros

The depth of Campaigner is very nice. They have a lot of tools and functionality that allow for strategic and detailed email marketing campaigns. Their customer support is responsive and ready to answer any questions one might have.

Cons

The dashboard, itself, looks a bit dated. I know that's only for backend users eyes, but there could be some updates to intuitive features, like drag and drop email builds.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and feature to help you and your customers build effective email marketing campaigns.

We appreciate the feedback you provided about our dashboard, we have passed it over to our product team.

If you run into any issues or have questions do not hesitate to contact us! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can.

-The Campaigner Team

Audrey B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I got a bit lost with the overall design but we have used the system for years and years.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Does the job for the price point and flexibility. We have explored using other competitors but have never pulled the trigger based on what Campaigner has to offer.

Cons

The overall designing of the email was a bit over my head at times. Also, adding in first names fields was not designed well in the software. If I recall, you could drag that field into the body, however, the correct way to do this was not with a drag. Or perhaps that was opposite, it's been awhile since I used it. Either way, I did it wrong, even though in the email it had the field in place, it actually showed up as, Hi (insert first name) instead of actually inserting their first name. This went out to a large email before our biggest trade show and had so many people forward this back to us. Embarrassing. Now I have to double test but the system should not have allowed you to add this field without it pulling the data behind it.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Audrey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the feedback. If you have any other comments or questions feel free to to let us know!

-The Campaigner Team

Lauren G.

Functional platform, fantastic customer service

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

We are administering a COVID-19 responsive loan program for small businesses and nonprofits left out of other funding programs, so it was critical to get the word out to interested organizations as soon as possible. A competitor flagged our first message as spam due to phrases like loan, get capital quickly, etc. and had no clarity on how to get this resolved as our phones rang off the hook with calls from organizations wanting this information. Campaigner made it easy to set up our messages, tailor segments for different audiences, and get the word out fast. Their customer service team was an absolute dream.

Pros

The customer service is impeccable. Responsive, helpful, and friendly!

Cons

The user interface was not immediately intuitive, but the customer service team and supportive knowledge base made it easy to implement our goals.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Lauren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback.

Wishing you well,

Joanne W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love the Editing Feature

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

At first, this was not a very intuitive software for me but your customer support has always been available to answer my questions and assist me.

Pros

I like the ease of the editing feature. It allows me to preview my campaign and click on the links to make sure they work. It is very easy to navagiate.

Cons

I wish there was a way for me to tell how many emails I was sending to the moment I send it - I select from multiple lists for each campaign and would like to have a counter available so I can choose the correct lists. We are limited to 100,000 / month so I usually do 2 campaigns of 50,000. This feature would be helpful.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Joanne,

Very happy to hear that you love the editor, we really appreciate this feedback.

Also, as for your enhancement suggestion I am definitely going to pass this along to our product managers.

Eric Z.
  • Industry: Automotive

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Ease of use and track-ability on subject line options.

Pros

The ease of use is the best, the templates for all the holidays and situations rock. It is great how it integrates with our business Facebook also. The tracking features are wonderful, you can see the click rate for each link in the email. The duel subject line option works well. Really like the total package and customer service has helped us every time we needed it. The scheduled sends for future sales or events is a great tool to have.

Cons

I wish it had a spam checker like our old software, which would give you a (%) of spamminess and show you which words were causing the rating. Sometimes we run into glitches using Google Chrome along with spelling/grammar apps, but easily solved by using any other browser or shutting off grammar app.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Eric
Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner.
We are so happy to hear of your success with our platform.

Thanks for the platform feedback as well, we have passed it on to our product team.

If you have any other suggestions or questions in the future please feel free to reach out.

-The Campaigner Team

James W.
  • Industry: Automotive

The Perfect Email Broadcaster

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

I have been a loyal user of the software for 10 years. Building broadcasts for a variety of clients.

Pros

CASL compliant. Customize and personalize your message for dynamic broadcasts. Excellent reporting.

Cons

It does not integrate with very many programs. Unlike mailchimp.

Response from j2 Global

Hello James,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Phil W.

Ponder Hardware

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Good but could be better.

Pros

It works well for our purposes. I've used it enough to feel comfortable with it.

Cons

I would like to see more options with the email layouts; more colors, options to choose your own colors, font options, and design options.
There is a glitch in the software when loading an image. The software will jump suddenly from the segment you are working on back to the header at the top of the email. This happens frequently.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Phil,

Thanks for providing us with feedback! We're glad that you've had a positive experience and that you've found Campaigner easy to use. We will look into the items you've raised here with our support team.

Allison, Content Marketing Manager

Carolyn S.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

People who weren't ready to talk yet get the flyer weekly and have our contact information to call us for a chat when they are ready.

Pros

I like that we can set it and forget it. It keeps people in front of what we can offer them. They keep getting our contact information weekly.

Cons

It would be amazing to be able to pick from a multitude of article titles before it went out to clients. Even tweaking the content monthly would be nice.

Response from j2 Global

Hey Carolyn,

Thanks for your taking the time to give us a review. We're glad you've had a positive experience with us and we really appreciate your feedback.

Allison, Content Marketing Manager

Mary anne B.

Would be Happy if Problem were Resolved

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I have never gotten my issue resolved with the reception of the weekly Friday email that I send out. It goes to everyone on our list, but NOT here to the office. This has been for several months now. I was emailed instructions on June 9 to remedy the situation, but something I was told to do does not work, resulting in frustration.

it's not the end of the world, but it's not optimal.

Pros

The template I have switched to is much better looking and I am learning to use it as I go.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to wrap text around a photo.

Response from j2 Global

Mary Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. Our support and postmaster team should be able to assist you with the item you mentioned, please reach out to ensure the issue is logged and that we have an open ticket for it.