QuickBooks Payroll

Ross H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Decent Product

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Very good product, does what you need it to.
However a few more detail options would be good.

Pros

Easy to use.
Offers integration through third party apps

Cons

Unable to specify an Employee class type.

Peggy C.

If you are using contractors, QB online Premium is not a good solution

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Overall good product, but frustrating for the segment that manages contractor payments.

Pros

pretty easy to use
set up easily
integrated in QuickBooks Online

Cons

Biggest issues are:
-Customer service transfers you around many times because no one owns the issues with payroll with contractors.
- Time drain - Normal issues have either taken multiple calls to resolve, or have taken hours on the phone because if an agent hangs up, they cannot continue to work on your issue - they have to take the next call - so they waste your time waiting while someone tries to read the full manual to figure it out, when in fact, it is a recent programming changes issue.
- Integration with other Apps - You cannot integrate a time card app because only hours are uploaded from app to QuickBooks and we cannot map $/hr pay for contractors, only employees.
Who focuses on contractor payments?
- RECENT "improvements" and rate increase double the cost of the tool for my company.

Paul A.

Affordable, full service payroll

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

As an Intuit ProAdvisor, full service payroll is an added value to the reselling of a discounted QuickBooks Online account. As an additional service to my retainer clients, I can process their payroll on any interval they choose, and I can handle any type of compensation arrangement they have with their employees. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes and I can do it all effortlessly through the mobile app. And since the ability to pay independent contractors via direct deposit was introduced, my Bookkeeping clients love the fact that they no longer have to worry about writing out checks to their contractors. Filing Forms W-2 (for employees) and Forms 1099-MISC (for independent contractors) is a breeze at the end of the year and paying all their quarterly payroll taxes takes only a few minutes every three months.

Pros

Cost is much less expensive than any payroll services company. Direct deposit payments, employee portals, Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC filing, quarterly tax filing, electronic tax payments, direct deposit payments for independent contractors, powerful and customizable financial reporting, easy collection of Form W-9 information, reliable mobile app for process payroll from anywhere, support for multiple pay rates, benefits and withholding support, and more.

Cons

QuickBooks Payroll is available for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online accounts. With QuickBooks Online, you are dependent on the availability of an Internet connection at the time you wish to process payroll.

Kathy J.

QuickBooks review

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great; however, it took me over 30 minutes to get to him. Once I got to him, he was able to resolve my issue pretty quickly. He was very professional and knowledgeable.

Pros

Entering and sending payroll is very easy, generally.

Cons

It is difficult to access some information and not everything transferred over from our desktop version as it should have.

John G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Full service is great choice for small S-Corps

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

I am a cash flow designer for small businesses. I put structures in place to get them moving their money around their small business for useful reporting and cash flow predictability. Often they are transitioning to S-Corp status and needing to level up their approach to Payroll. I like Quickbooks full service payroll for this.

Pros

Weekly Payroll at no extra cost, which is great for my clients who are primarily small S-Corps not used to running payroll; I have to get that money into their account so they don't mix up their funds and spend out of their business accounts on their personal life. I also like how when there are issues, they walk me through how to fix them in the interface really well. As a non-expert on payroll, using it for only a few clients, this has been really excellent.

Cons

I wish it was easier to change bank accounts for the draw. Over time I move clients from single checking accounts to split accounts with operations expenses separated in certain ways; at some interval I tend to want to move the payroll draw to a new bank account. This is hard, in part because the settings inside payroll are housed in a weird interface that locks up in weird ways if you login from various accounts at the same time. Feels like old old old software suddenly, not modern Intuit stuff.

Wissam E.

Horrible Direct Deposit

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

try it and you will find out.

Pros

It is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks

Cons

Good luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds".

I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.

Salvador E.
  • Industry: Events Services

Simple solution to running payroll via mobile device

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

My overall experience with both the software and support have been nothing but the best. I think the best feature of Quickbooks Payroll is the service you receive when talking with a solutions agent.

Pros

I enjoy the use of the mobile app to easily review payroll and pay my employees in a timely manner. I also enjoy the functionality of time sheets compatibility to payroll.

Cons

There is nothing. The call back with support is amazing and is withing a reasonable time period to reach back out when I needed the service.

Kara P.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

QuickBooks Full service Payroll

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

The service is great. I have used it since the first day our company opened. Last week I spoke to a payroll specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
, regarding some payroll checks that I couldn't reconcile. She not only helped with that problem but stayed on the phone with me for almost an hour and a half and walked me through a ton of other bookkeeping problems I had. She was super friendly and her excitement made me feel good about Bookkeeping! I learned more from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in a couple of hours than I have since I started using Quickbooks 3 years ago. The full service Payroll department is the best of all the Quickbooks services offered.

Pros

They handle everything Payroll related. The can share the screen with you and show you how to fix problems.

Cons

Sometimes takes a while to get someone on the phone.

Steven F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Service and support have taken a huge turn for the worse

Reviewed on 2016/04/20

Pros

Initially, before they took data away from the end user, I liked everything.

Cons

The customer service has become deplorable as of this writing. Never used to be that way. I have been without my payroll data since 1/16, and after 16 separate phone calls, each running through the same steps over and over, the same results. Nothing. Keep being informed that the "engineering team" is on it, but still no resolutions. They promise to call you back later that day, no call. So, I call back the next morning, and have to go through the entire scenario yet again. At this point in time, I'm researching other payroll companies. Intuit keeps sending me emails reminding me about payroll being due, tax forms being due... and I can't access any of the information to file it. Today, 4/19/16, I was told that there was a big software problem, that I wasn't the only one experiencing it... but, it literally took them 16 separate phone calls from me, no return phone calls from them AT ALL, and me finally getting angry and raising cain before they divulged that information. Not at all happy with Intuit right now. Several years ago, they surveyed users as to how to best run payroll. I was very VERY happy with having the data remain with me, backed up with them, and me filing electronically with the information in my computer. They decided to have everything "secured" in their hands. I stated my concern that the potential arrises to having our information trapped if they have any software or hardware issues... "Oh, no sir!! That would never happen!!" .... and now, I have zero access to my accounts and information. And the only response I got today after raising hell, is, "You have to wait and be patient, sir." ... I would have to say be cautious when deciding to use Intuit right now.

Robyn S.

Quickbooks Payroll does the job!

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I appreciate the little add-on services that came with QuickBooks Online Payroll - like giving employees access to view their stubs, access to Tsheets, and the ability to pay contractors via direct deposit.

Pros

For a small business with an average of less than 10 employees, it has everything we need. The ability to process direct deposits for the next day, automatic tax calculations and payments, and it's integrated with our Quickbooks Online so all my reports that I need are automatically updated with payroll expenses. The customer support is also fantastic! Really great knowledge when it comes to payroll.

Cons

Not as many reports as Quickbooks desktop has and limited in the customization of reports.

Carol L.

New to payroll

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

So far everything seems like it will work for me well,

Pros

Helpful for me with making my job easier.

Cons

Put in the dashes in the dates, fix the year.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Payroll Pleasure

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

The biggest benefit is ease of access and paying taxes. It takes the stress out of having to calculate your payroll expenses and being able to select your taxes to be paid through QB is the best!

Pros

Once payroll is set up it is really a set and forget item in Quickbooks. The thing that I like the most is the tax payments, I don't even need to think about the payroll cost, it is done for you.

Cons

You need to consider where your employees live when you choose to have out of state employees. The fees you pay to QB and also the set up of taxes all need to be considered.

Richard D.

All you'll need

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

QuickBooks Payroll has given us stable and steady payroll service. I feel the pros outweigh the cons.

Pros

This payroll software takes care of everything. Taxes, health insurance, hsas, unemployment, and child support. The program also updates your tax tables so you are always in the know.

Cons

For a small business like mine the program is almost too big with too many bells and whistles. I have ended up turning some features off. One can get lost without the proper accounting background.

Angi B.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

QBO Payroll

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

The ease of use and the remote ability are the biggest pros!

Cons

Our biggest concern would be the cost of the software.

Rehan V.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Quick Payroll

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Overall very satisfied with this payroll, very easy to put all the details and generate pay checks.

Pros

Well you can disbursed all your payroll check using the quickbooks payroll and all of the taxes will be calculated automatically. You can also pay your liabilities thru this software directly and all your payroll forms can be generated thru this software.

Cons

I like this software but now the prices are going up every year so its hard for some to afford that kind of money.

Margarita L.

Great team!

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

I am very satisfied with the Quickbooks Payroll team.

Pros

The accessibility of the software is great, I can access from anywhere. The quickbooks team is always very responsive and try to get my issue resolved the first time around.

Cons

Sometimes the wait time to call customer service was a little long, but with the new feature where they reach out and call you when its your turn it saves me much time that I can dedicate to other aspects of running my company

Sarah W.
  • Industry: Accounting

Another GREAT product by Intuit

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Overall this is a good product if you a small amount of employees.

Pros

The product is very user friendly and easy to use. Highly recommend the software for your payroll needs.

Cons

I feel that the reporting is very lacking with this product. Better reporting and it would be my go to.

Naomi B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy and Usefull

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Having a chance to use the software with a free trial period and no obligation or long-term contract is great! Getting started was easy and everything runs smooth. Your customer service is top-notch. My few questions were answered very quickly. I highly recommend Quickbooks Payroll to anyone looking to streamline their business.

Pros

Very easy to use; virtually foolproof. Takes very little time to learn nuances of the program. It’s great

Brenda D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Solved our Problems

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

No problems

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] swiftly analyzed the problems were having and recommended we use a different browser. Took over our computer and fixed problems we were having with a missing gear symbol, etc.

Like Most - Ease of use in Invoicing customers.

Cons

We do not have any suggestions at this time.

Pam L.

Good payroll software

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

This software enables you to keep working within the same program for invoicing, bill paying and payroll. The reports are fairly easy to navigate and are very helpful.

Pros

This software guides you through set-up of payroll for all employees. Helps set up weekly, quarterly and annual taxes.

Cons

If your payroll has to be modified, it is not easy to change the payroll tax information.

Sue S.
  • Industry: Printing

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

The customer help staff are very professional and positive. Rarely does it take long to get someone to help me. I can complete payroll in just a few minutes and print out a variety of reports to keep track of everything. There is lots of flexibility in the reports that make it easy to quickly get the specific information needed for a loan or audit .

Pros

Quickbooks is simple to use and I am able to make most changes quickly and easily. When I call for help, the people are always positive and professional.

Cons

I have wished I could speak to one of the actual payroll tax accountants. If there is a problem, you talk to the person who takes the calls and they relay your problem/information to the specialists, which is time consuming and can lead to misunderstanding. Also, QB does not actually file and pay the L&I tax in Washington state, so I need to make sure I do it and that my numbers match theirs.

Roxie H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

QBO Payroll

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

We have always received quick, friendly service when we have had an issue for which we needed help.

Pros

We love the ease and the the time saved.
Also, not having to do all those government reports.
We sync with TSheets and love being able to run payroll quickly.

Cons

We have no cons.
We absolutely have no cons!

Ila K.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

QuickBooks Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

Pros

It's easy to contact customer support for help. The technicians are always very knowledgable and friendly.

Cons

There should be clearer instructions about the W2 filing process. I've had to call in numerous times to ask very simple questions just because there isn't enough print material.

Gabriel B.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Payroll Set Up

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Great customer service

Pros

Easy to use and properly mapped and linked

Cons

Haven't found any yet, seems pretty easy to use

Dulce L.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Simple but not my favorite

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Overall my experience was neutral. We didn’t have any issues or problems that required us to call customer support. We also don’t have raving reviews about this product. It works and gets the job done but only offers the minimal of functionality towards users. Employees that are full time and have benefits want more control over things like requesting for time off, adjusting taxes, etc.

Pros

It is very simple and easy to use. It doesn’t require much training or learning. It would be great for a small business owner to pay their employees with.

Cons

I love Intuit products but Quickbooks payroll was a bit too simple. It would work best for a very small business perhaps but as the company I worked for began expanding, it wasn’t the best fit.
This only allows users to access their paystubs and nothing else. It also takes a few days to get paid. There are faster payroll companies out there.