SimplyCast

Web-based customer communication suite.

3,5
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simply Awesome

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/29

Pros

Customer service works closely with the Dev team
Easy to use interface
Lots of video tutorials
A host of useful tools for simple automation.

Cons

There is a lot of 'saving progress" prompts, mind you I've never lost work. Wish you could zoom in the canvas.

Chad L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great new platform that needs more recognition!

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Outstanding.

Pros

The product is exceptionally easy-to-use and the customer service is extraordinary. My Account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is light-speed and generally resolves any issue (not there is many) within an hour.

Cons

There was a little bit of difficulty getting the email authentication working but I take it that this was my company not SimplyCast.

Judith K.

Great Marketing Automation for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/09/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Besides having the functionality I needed the most important thing that has made me stick with Simplycast is their customer service. Whenever I have a question, they are helpful and quick to respond. To me service is everything and Simplycast stood above the rest.

Pros

I use this software for sending email newsletters to my clients and prospects. I like the WSIWYG email design abilities as I make my own emails with images and words and it makes it easy to make it look nice as if a professional marketer had done the set up. I like that I can see who opened it and any bounced emails as well as satisfy the requirements of the unsubscribe button for sending mass emails.

Cons

I found learning the 360 automation ability (the ability to segment your market and set up predetermined campaigns to send emails based on specific times or conditions being reached) tricky to wrap my head around at first. However, I eventually got the hang of it as they patiently helped me understand this set up. The price goes up with the number of people on your list, but they have to make money somehow.

Ian M.
Industry: Retail

Simply Awful!

Reviewed on 2017/02/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We used Simplycast for around 4 years and it was torture from start to finish. Firstly the interface is clumsy and clunky. even when you do manage to work around the frequent screw ups it produces, it often just junks your entire email campaign with no way to recover it. You can spend hours trying to figure out ways of getting the GUI to actually render something that approaches what you're trying to achieve and then you find out after testing that it simply doesn't work. On other occasions you'd make one small change to a layout and it would break everything else you'd spent hours trying to get right.

On one occasion I discovered that the email we'd composed missed out huge chunks when sent to an Outlook mail client. I contacted support to be blithely told that their system doesn't support Outlook, even though it's the single most popular email client on the planet!

The final straw was when I scheduled an important campaign to run a week or so before Black Friday. After realizing it hadn't gone out I again contacted support to be told they were having 'issues' (a familiar story from Simplycast). Not only had the campaign not gone out, it was stuck in their mail queue meaning I couldn't send anything else out. After several days of this, we gave up and signed up with a different company.

After explaining all this to their support guy he offered to refund us back the outstanding credits on the account. Another 3 months went by and we never received the refund or even any contact from them. When I called them I'd get another litany of excuses about the finance department having 'issues'. Finally, I was told they'd basically changed their minds and weren't going to give us the refund after all. Although they never bothered to tell me any of this as they were apparently not able to email or call me. That's from a company who are supposed to be communications experts.

The only reason we had such a large credit on the account was that their pricing information was misleading in the first place which led to us racking up huge bills on an account we rarely used. They offered a 'roll over' service on unused credits for an extra $ a month. But somehow this meant we still paid for the rolled over credits every month. A small bill of around $16 a month ballooned to around $ a month before we realised what was happening. After complaining they agreed to convert the outstanding credits to pre-paid and we assumed we'd eventually use them up. But as each email campaign was so difficult to launch we rarely bothered. The $ refund wasn't even close to what we'd lost during this fiasco but it was a historical debt so I accepted the offer as a good will gesture. Although ultimatley even that was screwed up!

The whole experience with Simplycast is appalling from beginning to end. From their terrible system, to their laughable customer care department. We moved to another service and it's like night and day. Everything works, it takes around and hour to set up and test a campaign (as opposed to a couple of days with Simplycast) and we're also seeing massive increases in our opening ratios. Something like 10-12% as opposed to 3-5% with Simplycast. So its not just an awful experience for you as the user, your customers don't see half of the messages you pay for anyway!

Basically avoid them like the plague and check out one of the plethora of much better run and much more responsive services out there.

Pros

None

Cons

Difficult to say which is worse - the waste of money or the waste of time. If I could have given them zeros stars I would.

Karen B.
Industry: Automotive

VERY PROFESSIONAL & USER-FRIENDLY EMAIL MARKETING SERVER

Reviewed on 2020/10/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Since I first began using SimplyCast in late 2016, they upgraded their Email Editor features & expanded their Marketing Automation tools many times – offering various channels of communication (including social media). And no coding or sophisticated computer skills were required for this comprehensive user-friendly system. With the SimplyCast system, my communications always look very professional and made my contact list management simple.

Pros

There were many layouts from which to select & customize for my regular email newsletters. I always uploaded my own photos and could save content in a re-usable template for future messages. The analytics were also helpful with stats on how many opens & clicks occurred for any particular email campaign, as well as specifics on soft & hard bounces and any unsubscribes. And most of all—I LOVE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE & SUPPORT! SimplyCast was always responsive to any email inquiries or requests, so I didn’t feel like a “number”!

Cons

Not really a "Con" - but there were way more marketing automation tools & choices than I even needed!

Prudence H.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Email Marketing with Dedicated Help

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Pros

The best feature of SimplyCast is the dedicated support. It's fairly intuitive and easy to use. However, with most email marketing systems, if you get stuck you have to use online help. I actually have someone dedicated to helping me. And he is the best! Quick, efficient and very friendly.

Cons

Upgrades tend to drop some fairly basic user features.

Bandorah M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The best marketing software we ever you used, have been using the software for over 5 years now.

Reviewed on 2017/07/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Love it and I highly recommend the software.

Pros

The software has over 20 apps built-in and the opportunity to increase the business with this type of software has been great. We used the system for over five years and have been very happy with it. The system has all the capabilities we need and it helped us consolidate our spending from six different vendors and this was great as we didn't have much staff and it reduced our spending by over 40%.

Cons

The software has many features, and we needed to invest the time to explore all of the capabilities. So overall, once we learned the software we were able to take advantage of automation capabilities and this has helped us a lot. My recommendation is spend the time to learn it, otherwise, you will under utilize it.

Carina L.
Industry: Insurance

A Great Email Service

Reviewed on 2020/08/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After the last significant update to the interface, SimplyCast has made its software very easy to learn with drag and drop editing. It is easy to create your own templates and use them repeatedly for campaigns, surveys, and forms. Overall, we are very pleased with SimplyCast and do not foresee changing our email service provider.

Pros

SimplyCast provides great training on their products and the account managers who have supported our team have been helpful.

Cons

One challenge we face is the time zone difference for support. Our office resides in pacific time, meaning our account manager is unavailable after 1:00pm local time. At first, the 360 product can be overwhelming with its options, delays, and triggers but after becoming familiar it becomes much easier to navigate. We have also experienced a couple hiccups sending 360 Campaigns although our account manager has been available to work out the issues and solve problems with us each time.

Valerio P.
Industry: Computer Software

Difficult to use, not so friendly

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

It was not a good experience. There are other simpler tools that do the same job. Simplycast has a great idea but I think it needs to work more on its interface and improve the reliability of the tool.

Pros

Like other automation software, it allows you to organize marketing tasks based on the interests of your customers. Offer a free plan.

Cons

I think that the cons of this tool start because it is not so easy to organize the automated flows. The tool looks rough and sometimes it is very difficult to use. Help is also required to start since it is not so intuitive.

Several of the messages were not delivered due to errors.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jon benn

Simplcast support is hopeless

Reviewed on 2013/03/20

Simplycast is supposed to offer 2000 contacts per month for free. But when trying this offer in March 2013 I setup 2 email campaigns to be sent using a total of 1650 contacts between them.

The first campaign was sent but the second was held back with an error status. When contacting support their response was that I had exceeded the monthly quota.

I proceeded to explain to them that this was not possible as I had only used 1650 contacts in total for the 2 campaigns. They simply responded again with some blurb about how only 2000 contacts per month are allowed on my current plan and I should upgrade to send to more contacts.

Quite clearly the support staff had not read my complaint or they failed to understand the very simple mathematics of the problem. They seemed to have very little interest in the fact that their system had not worked correctly and rather than investigate the problem and offer a solution, their response was to ignore it and reply to a question that was not even asked. It is a bit like going to the shops for a pint of milk and coming back with a pot plant - completely irrelevant to the requirements.

Of course, this may not be the stupidity that on the surface it appears to be. A cynic could point out that it may not be a system error but a well designed ploy to get any users on the free plan to upgrade, at a cost, to a higher plan with more contacts.

Either way, the fact remains that a teenager could quite easily work out the mathematics of this issue and very quickly come to the conclusion that something is awry. It is quite telling that the support staff at Simplycast were unable, or unwilling, to do this and instead replied with canned responses which are, at best, of little help to anyone and, at worst, a ploy so transparent a child could see through it.

Simplcast should be avoided at all costs.

Pros

None

Cons

Bugs in the system
Poor support
What you see is not what you get

Mark D.

A great All-In-One Marketing Solution

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/01

When I ran my first email campaign I was able to see live metrics as people were opening mail messages. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm really excited to use the new teleconference tool for a meeting with around 60 people!

Pros

There is much bang for buck with a SimplyCast subscription. I use it to automate Twitter and Facebook for a couple of side projects I'm on. The email creator tool is great as well. There are templates to get you going but I'm creative and am able to create my own templates which I think is pretty slick. I've found customer support to be pretty great. Support sits across the room from the development team meaning my suggestions have a better chance of becoming a reality.

One cool thing about this company that through some research sets them apart from everyone else is that they built their software from the ground up instead of buying up smaller companies like much of their competition. This makes new features fit together better not to mention easier to troubleshoot and support.

Cons

I find there is a lot of save prompts, but I guess that is a good thing. The canvas for the 360 editor would be nice if you could zoom into it.

Madeleine

Great App!

Reviewed on 2014/01/30

I've been using SimplyCast at my office for the last month and I've only had good experiences with it. The sales team is very polite and helpful and will always get back to you. The interface in 360 is easy to use once you play around with it a little bit. One feature I really enjoy are the tutorial videos that are on the website. They are very helpful. I use SimplyCast for social media more and more and I love how it is so easy to use. The pricing is decent. My one complaint is the bugs that came out with version 8.5 but they have seemed to cleared up. If you email them they can usually get it resolved quite quickly.

Pros

Twitter and Facebook app
Good customer service
Pricing
Easy user interface

Cons

Occasional bugs

Monika G.

Awful, 0 stars if I could

Reviewed on 2017/12/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Cons

Terrible software. It took months to set up and never worked property. The customer service reps would say it was a glitch they have never seen before. I was charged every month even when it didn't work. So far, it hasn't worked for more than 24 hours. There is easy integrations for a variety of different products however they don't work.

Don g

Easy to use, friendly support staff

Reviewed on 2013/05/09

The site works great - I was able to send almost 30,000 messages in a month to my list of customers (it was under 2,000 as they require for free accounts). Using their editor and working with their helpful support team I was able to create a nice newsletter without knowing a thing about design. I haven't checked out the other tools, but I will try SMS shortly!

Pros

Easy to use, friendly support staff, it was 100% free for me to do my email promotions, who can complain?

Cons

Not always enough documentation, sometimes the editor can be a bit slow when working on my project

Kristen D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

SKIP and SimplyCast

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Pros

The various functions we are able to use, the quality of the finished product, and the hands on support

Cons

The lack of spell check to avoid typos and troubleshooting sharing links

Tomd

Great new version

Reviewed on 2013/08/15

Their new version is a great improvement - much easier to use. The template builder in email is pretty foolproof much better looking all round.
Haven't had a chance to look into their 360 tool yet, but it looks pretty cool and haven't seen anything like it at any of the other automation companies.

Pros

Lots of variety - 15 or 16 channels
good template builder
Have a full white label

Cons

Some glitches on old version
broad platform so not all channels up to top performance yet

Industry: Financial Services

Cludgy and Bug-filled software and TERRIBLE customer service!!!

Reviewed on 2014/10/31

I used this product for Fax Blasts, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You have to purchase credits to send faxes. The product estimates the cost of a fax blast and EVERY time the Actual cost vs the estimated cost is WAY off. It is generally 3-4 times the estimate! A complete rip-off. If you are sending a fax blast and your estimate shows you have enough credits to complete the job, don't assume your fax was sent. I just had a fax job that I assumed was sent and it turns out it never went out because the estimate was wrong and there weren't enough credits. The software doesn't even notify you that your fax never went out!!! On another note, the "customer care" people don't seem to have the IQ's to form a complete sentence much less help you with whatever issues your having. Don't bother with this product.

Pros

None

Cons

-Bad software
-Bad service
-Unreliable metrics

Michael C.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Rating only

Reviewed on 2016/01/14
Jenna

Easy to use, Great and friendly support staff!

Reviewed on 2014/01/30

I had a few difficulties at the beginning but called them and had very helpful and friendly staff help me through it. They have since updated the software and it is even more user friendly so I don't think I would have ever encountered those problems in the first place. 100% recommend it! Fast, and efficient! Sent voice calls, automated tweets and sent SMS alerts to over 25,000

Pros

User friendly
Affordable
Friendly staff

Peter

Horrible service!

Reviewed on 2013/03/26

I've used them few times but the experience is pretty bad. Their system is very user unfriendly, things don't work, editor is crap and slow, very unintuitive. I sent 2 campaigns but the delivery rate was terrible and they seem to have some bugs with displaying statistics. After 3rd test campaign and my feedback about their bad service they simply terminated my account! AVOID!

Pros

nothing!

Cons

everything!

Stay away

Reviewed on 2014/11/18

Terrible software and the support is worse. There are too many providers out there to settle for this type of buggy software and people who just don't care. Very poor open rates - you would be much better off spending a few dollars more to get your emails read.

Pros

Price, but no one sees your emails. So no pros

Cons

Waste of $500 a month.

Joe

Stay away

Reviewed on 2013/06/25

The service is horrible. Open rates are terrible and customer service is never around.

AVOID!

Pros

NONE

Cons

Everything about their system.