Hootsuite

Charity R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Impressive free plan

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Overall, I'm satisfied with Hootsuite and will continue to use this platform to manage my social media accounts. With the ability to schedule up to 30 posts on the free plan, including scheduling Instagram posts, and viewing different social media accounts all on one dashboard, it beats other social media management platforms that require plan upgrades to access similar features.

Pros

As someone who uses Hootsuite's "Free" plan, I'm incredibly impressed by what Hootsuite offers in the plan. My favorite tool on Hootsuite is the "Streams." I can sort scheduled posts, past posts, mentions, and followers' posts by social media platform using "Streams" on my dashboard. This allows me to see responses or comments on my posts and engage with followers, without having to visit several social media sites. With the free version, I can also schedule more posts on social media than other social media management programs, and the free plan allows me to schedule posts on my business Instagram account.

Cons

"Free plan" users who are needing advanced features beyond basic analytics will need to upgrade and if they shorten links using TinyUrl or Bitly, there isn't a meaningful way to track engagement in the program. Also, users need to be aware that the connections between Hootsuite and social media networks frequently drop, and that the program's connection with Instagram is frequently buggy.

Anji K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great social sharing features at a reasonable price.

Reviewed on 2021/12/22

We love Hootsuite for its ability to create and share content across multiple social channels from the one dashboard. We've looked at other software but Hootsuite seems to be the most cost-effective for SMEs.
Before we downsized we had several users and it was easy to assign tasks to users, as well as assign roles to team members who could curate content before publishing.
It's also great for social listening, with the ability to assign keywords to be notified about when they are mentioned across social channels. Great for competitor analysis. 😀

Pros

As an agency, we primarily use the software for the ability to automate social media posts for multiple companies, and to publish the posts on dates in the future, across multiple social channels.

Cons

Recent upgrades have meant that it is not possible to see previews of social posts, when you select multiple social channels to post to. Especially when you have a link to an external web page.

Falcon.io

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

We looked at Falcon.io but it was just too cost-prohibitive for us as a small team with one or two users.
Eric r. B.
  • Industry: Research

Hootsuite used to be amazing, but it's gotten bloated and expensive

Reviewed on 2022/01/21

Pros

When Hootsuite launched, it was the best option going. With a simple design and intuitive options, you could do effective social media monitoring and basic publishing, with solid analytics.

Cons

Hootsuite is now more expensive and it has added a lot of other options trying to give it more content management tools, which don't really work well.

Salvatore P.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Almost perfect!

Reviewed on 2021/11/15

Overall, my experience with Hootsuite has been very positive. Scheduling posts across multiple platforms simultaneously works flawlessly, and it is easy to give multiple team members access under the business account. My only negative is the lack of alt text, which limits the usability for my organization.

Pros

I love Hootsuite's feed view, which allows me to see the social media feed for all of my organization's accounts in one place. The previews are effective and true to each social media platform. the scheduling features work very well, and it is easy to post simultaneously across various platforms. Having multiple team members schedule social media posts work flawlessly, and various types of media all post seamlessly.

Cons

As a public organization, we are required to include alternate text for all images posted to be in compliance with laws for accessibility. I have contacted customer support, and though they were very friendly and helpful, we were unfortunately unable to work it out, as it seemed alt text is not currently supported by all platforms.

Sprinklr and Loomly

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Many of our uses are not savvy with technology and social media. The ease of using Hootsuite was our primary motivation.
Elizabeth B.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great switch to program

Reviewed on 2021/12/02

Pros

How much easier it was to post to multiple social media platforms and to switch from campaign to campaign. As a designer, who typically doesn't have to schedule the posts for our form, this was easy to use and figure out.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software so far.

Steve T.

Used To Be Great...

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

Pros

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time for multiple businesses/clients and I have loved the capability they offer for a reason able price, but unfortunately that recently changed. So I'll get to that in the cons section.

I do still love how easy it is to schedule but that is about it. Everything else, I'm no longer a fan of.

Cons

1. When you schedule something if you need to go back and make an edit it is very time consuming and cumbersome.

2. You used to be able to have something like 5 profiles connected on the free plan and schedule out 20 posts but now you can only have 2 profiles and 5 posts.

3. The paid plans are way too expensive in my opinion for what you get compared to other platforms like Later.

4. The analytics are not that helpful in my opinion. I can get more information on Facebook directly than Hoostuite.

5. I have had a lot of technical problems lately. Getting a lot of random errors and having to redo a post or getting errors connecting a profile, etc. All making it pretty hard to use the software anymore.

Buffer, Loomly and Later

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Hoosuite had a free plan. Otherwise I love Sprout Social so so so much more in every way except the price. Sprout Social is way too expensive in my opinion so I switched to Hoostuite because it was the most cost effective at the time, not so much anymore.

Sprout Social

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

It was the cheapest at the time.
Andy V.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Evolved marketing

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

As entrepreneurs we use the tool in its free version. Only for a short period of time we have used the paid version and it was not useful to us because we give it a more superficial use. It has many functionalities and features, but they can only be useful if someone specialized in community management or social media manages it.
The free version allows you to manage up to three social networks at the same time, which is very good for being free.

Pros

It is a super powerful and complete tool to solve almost all aspects of the management of social networks and their content, as well as campaigns and their results (with very good analytical tools).
What makes this software so good is that it is also useful for beginners who manage their social networks with minimal marketing concepts, with simple tools.

Cons

There are few things to criticize Hootsuite, but one of them is the complexity of its use for those who do not have so much knowledge, of course, due to the great variety of tools, it has an interface that allows quick learning, but for those who do not know much, it does not invites you to want to know more.
Another negative point is the price, since it should be a little lower for basic and intermediate plans (although they have a very useful free plan!)

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Good program for managing social media posts

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Overall, we like Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to see what's going on, easy to monitor your own feeds, related feeds, or competitor's feeds. It's reasonably priced and we plan to continue using it. I believe there are probably a lot of features it has that we aren't currently using, but no one has had time to look into it any further.

Pros

Best thing about Hootsuite is the convenience. In one program, we can view and access all of our social media accounts, across various parts of the company and for our subsidiaries vs having to log into 15 different accounts to post material. The preview function is great because you can see exactly how your post will render. The scheduling calendar is also helpful because you can review what's posting where, and when, all at a glance.

Cons

There's really nothing bad about the program. For some reason, our accounts will randomly get disconnected even though we've changed nothing with them. It's a pain but relatively easy to fix.

The to-go app for content and interactions on social media

Reviewed on 2022/01/08

Pros

Hootsuite is the most complete tool for social media and multi task community management. It's easy to set up and very intuitive.

Cons

All the ease and 'premiuness' has a price, and for Hootsuite, unfortunately, is high.
One of the biggest challenges as a community and content manager in Brazil is to implement Hootsuite here.

Bimal C.

Hootsuite review

Reviewed on 2022/01/08

Overall my experience with Hootsuite is awesome

Pros

I am using Hootsuite for my social media marketing for more than 6 months and I am geting good results. With Hootsuite, all I have to do is upload my content and schedule. It will publish on all social media platforms at the right time. Which is getting good engagement. I also can see what people are talking about my brand on different kinds of social media platforms and if they have any questions I can solve them fast which is pretty cool. They also give you 30 days free trials.

Cons

Till now I did not find any cons with Hootsuite.

Joanmarie C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Almost Perfect!

Reviewed on 2021/06/14

Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Sendible, AgoraPulse, CoSchedule and Sprout Social

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

I went with their free version to save money while I showed my potential to the school district and laid out plans for their social media management.
Ben E.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Getting Better with Time

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

TweetDeck, CoSchedule and Buffer

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

As a professional, I liked the look and interface of Hootsuite better than CoSchedule. I thought it was easier to use and had better control over multiple tools.

CoSchedule

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Hootsuite seemed to combine all our organizational needs as it pertains to platform management, content scheduling, and analytics in a way that was easier to use than the alternatives.
Thomas C.

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.
Randi Z.

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

I've been using Hootsuite since your birth so it's more like a comfort level with you versus others.
Meisha B.

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform.

In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice.

With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Cons

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook.

Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions.

The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

Love this social tool!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Harry W.

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more...

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics.

There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it.

We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful.

As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most.

Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway).

It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter.

The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

Virginia B.

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Pros

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week.

PROS
The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc.

Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison).

You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Abigail N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reliable and easy social media manager

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)

I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful.

I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus.

The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite.

What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan.
The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay.

I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures.

I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Pros

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard.

I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Shanna T.

Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

Pros

My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and mentions, and even keep tabs on things like certain keywords I can respond quickly. For instance, I manage the social presence for a popular sporting goods company, and I can search for FAQs on Twitter and quickly provide an answer and a link, all while responding to different DMs across our other social platforms. On Sprout Social, everything was aggregated into one feed. I prefer to have it parsed out so I can know how to modify my answers quickly depending on the platform. I also really liked the reporting options - the reporting templates are set up so the bulk of the numbers are at the beginning, rather than below the fold, which has been great for clients with short attention spans.

Cons

The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Pros

As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites.
The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes.
We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped our team differentiate between our different clients, so we had a smaller number of mistakes.
But that's not all!
Team collaboration is superb once you establish a professional account. Content review and approvals that is easy to set up. You can review comments and replies and assign them to other users, and even leaves comments and notes for them. You can review other users performance and get full reports on their work.

Cons

Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights.
While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports.
I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

Kelsey C.

Hootsuite

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Pros

Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Cons

I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

Suhailah S.

All about Hootsuite

Reviewed on 2021/06/10

Pros

Hootsuite is a must haev platform for marketing media managers who want to make better use of their time, acquire insights into their messaging and audiences, and connect with customers more regularly to expand their following. Hootsuite is a great application that I would suggest to everyone who utilizes social media for business. It allows you to track hashtags, scheduled tweets, learn about your audience, and obtain insights into which messages are the most popular.

Cons

The limitation on the number of streams you may have is something I dislike about Hootsuite. They also have several payment levels, which give you additional options, but it might be challenging to figure out which one is best for you. My company switched back and forth through free and premium trials several times a year since we couldn't determine which was best for us, so I suggest doing some study into all of the features associated with the various tiers before committing.

Ashley S.

Hootsuite is great for individuals and marketing firms alike

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

My company uses Hootsuite to schedule social media for our clients. If I were trying to post multiple times a day for each client through the individual accounts, I would never do anything else. So, Hootsuite helps me set up a social media and content schedule that is unique to each business while leaving room for me to add content as I go throughout my other daily tasks. It streamlines and automates a task that would otherwise take up all of my time.

Pros

If I had to pick a favorite, I would say that the scheduling feature is extraordinarily helpful. I run a small digital marketing firm and handle the social media for almost all of my clients. I created separate accounts for each client to keep my own costs down, so I will simply schedule out 30 posts at a time and set a memo for myself to post more before the campaign ends.
After that, I love the plugins and tools, especially the ones that allow you to curate content that is relevant to the industry of my clients (Mostly cleaning, software, and daycares). I can set up an RSS feed that posts at regular intervals in case I am late on posting.
Finally, the photo editor - I like this because I post a ton of pictures for my clients, which means that I need the images to fit well on different networks. The photo editor allows me to play with the size right in the app until it fits properly, which takes a lot of guesswork out when trying to edit for size rather than picture quality.

Cons

Honestly, I have used multiple different scheduling software for social media - Hootsuite is by far my favorite because it is so feature rich. If I had one complaint, it would actually be the cost. If you are trying to use one platform for all clients or have more than 3 social accounts per client, Hootsuite can get pretty pricey, especially for a smaller startup without much capital while they are growing.

An absolute time saver

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I've had a very positive experience with Hootsuite. It has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allows content to be cohesive across all channels. It's easy to see all my content right in front of me without having to go from channel to channel. It truly is a program I would not be able to do my job without.

Pros

I like the ease of use and functionality. It looks overwhelming and complicated at first, but it doesn't take long to understand how to navigate and get started. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and easy to locate. I love the fact that you can access hootsuite anywhere because it's a web-based program, and you don't need to download any extra software to use it. It also has an app so I can schedule or update content on the go. The ability to schedule endless amounts of posts (with the premium account) is nice because I can spend two days scheduling content for the entire month and not worry about it the rest of the time. Another thing I really enjoy is their "Hootsuite Accandemy" - courses that teaches you everything about social media management and gives you the chanceto get certification from the program. It's also a great tool for engaging with people without having to go to the specific social channels separately. Everything from drafting a post, adding images, scheduling, commenting, sharing and replying to messages and comments can all be done from the dashboard.

Cons

It can get pretty pricey depending on your needs. The free program isn't bad for very small companies, but if you want to schedule more then 30 posts and have more than the basic social channels then premium is necessary I find there are alternative programs that offer more for less, but this is the software my employer has chosen and is content with it.