SugarSync

Cloud file sharing, sync and backup from any device

4,2
3,7
4,2
4,3
Jenna I.

Great file sharing solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Overall, this is a wonderful solution for SMBs to efficiently share files without investing in a complicated enterprise solution that requires IT setup and maintenance.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that I can download the shared folder and sync locally so I don't HAVE to use the web app if I don't want to. I can drag and drop files and sub folders on my desktop and still sync with the cloud.

Cons

One team member in particular can't delete anything, files and folders she deletes keeps reappearing. We think this is because the version we have is older and not supported anymore, honestly. We have it as a legacy and they don't sell it anymore. I don't believe the newer versions have this issue.

SugarSync offers the folder specific syncing that very few others do.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

Pretty much what it claims to do is what I like best about it. It's like being asked "What do you like best about a back scratcher?" It scratches my back! This software syncs my files and it does do allowing me to select the folders I want, which allows me to keep my computers set up in the folder structure that I want. (Most others, like Dropbox, which I also like and use, but for different reasons , make you use their folder.)

Cons

Once in a while there is a hiccup and the sync stops working properly for a certain folder. That can be a little nerve wracking to fix, but for the most part, it's a time saver. I also don't like that they went from freemium to pay only at one point; it's not that it wasn't worth it, but it always feels a little sneaky when you become reliant on something and then you're almost "forced" to keep going with it.

Industry: Internet

This Software Has Stopped Working with the Latest MacOS

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

It had served me well for a long time, although things always seemed a little on the verge of breaking down. Usually it didn't. Now it doesn't work at all. The customer support team are trying and are nice, but they are just being fed lines from their developers and can't offer any information about when an update will be available. What they are relaying indicates that the problem was on the verge of being fixed, but that line has continued to be served up.

Pros

I liked that you can select the folders that you want to sync, back when the software used to work. It used to be a decent product and serve a role in the syncing world that other software didn't.

Cons

It occasionally would get buggy and there would be a need a few times a year to get on the phone with customer service and resolve new issues. But most of all, it is completely useless to me now because it no longer works with the latest MacOS. Mac pushes their users to update frequently to the latest, safest OS. There is no way anyone should not upgrade because they want to keep using SugarSync.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Martha V.
Industry: Wine & Spirits

Sugar Sync user

Reviewed on 2020/09/06

Generally was exactly what I required with a good result

Pros

I found SugarSync user friendly and well suited for the purpose I required, which was to be able to access parts of our server remotely including without internet access.

Cons

Sometimes there was a double save of documents which was confusing. In these cases we would need to work out which was the latest document and delete the oversave.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Love it but have to troubleshoot regularly

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Really love that I don't have to check files in/out when I work on them. If another user is editing a document in parallel, the SugarSync system saves both versions. Wish it were more reliable.

Pros

Platform is ideal for a small business with a handful of remote users. Files are synced in the cloud and duplicated on a user's hard drive.

Cons

Occasionally it just stops syncing files. Usually I discover this when I'm in the middle of collaborating with a team member or working on a critical document. It is frustrating to have to reboot or refresh which usually fixes the problem but not always.

Samantha C.

Love sugarsync for 2 way syncing of files

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Love its usability and how it backs up all my files!

Pros

I have been using sugarsync for over 5 years and I absolutely love it! My files are backup automatically to the cloud and I can select which folders are backed up automatically and can even change this on multiple devices. I backup my cellphone, laptop and tablet with it and have never lost anything!

Marcos G.

A great way to share files and keep them always updated, anywhere, anytime!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

In addition to all the features that usually present this type of tools, such as a synchronization folder, share with collaborators, etc. This application allows backups and automatic synchronizations on all devices. Even upload files vía email. Additionally, you can save backup copies of your file structures to prevent accidental fatalities!

Cons

The bad thing, unlike similar ones, is that you can not edit the files online. You can edit them through a program on your computer, but as soon as the file is saved, it can be updated immediately and automatically in all the folders in which it is located. At least that's what they have ...

Catherine E.
Industry: Legal Services

Keeps Files Backed Up To Cloud

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Recently had to upgrade some computers as they were Windows 7. I was able to obtain all my doucments fairly quickly form the cloud backup.

Pros

It seamlessly backs up files to the cloud. Keeps my computer documents updated from desktop to laptop.

Cons

Support is limited to email and the links online aren't the most intuitive.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great File Sync Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Needed to have up to date copies of all my files and photos on all my computers. Sugarsync did this with ease, running in the background so that everything was always up to date

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Updates were regular and fixed any glitches

Cons

Had some glitches early on but updates fixed them

Industry: Insurance
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

SugarSync Review

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

Our team loves the flexibility that SugarSync gives us to quickly and easily share documents with each other.

Cons

Occasionally, we run into syncing issues, even when all of us have the desktop app open and the SugarSync icon is green.

Scott F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

SugarSync has by-far been the most reliable file-sync program I have used to date.

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

SugarSync allows me to easily syncronize files between all of my computers without having to move them from their original locations into a central folder.

Pros

The biggest feature of this program, and the one I admire the most, is the ability to sync files and folders anywhere on the computer without having to move them to a specific folder. All the other systems require you to move your data into a specific folder they create, but SugarSync allows you to right click on any file/folder on your computer (including network drives and external drives) and choose to sync the right where they stand. I also like their new backup copy feature that maintains an extra copy of whatever folders you want for safety and versioning changes.

Cons

The price is the worst part of this program - it is far more expensive than any other program like it that I have ever used, and each year I am forced to think hard on whether or not I want to renew them or not. They are at least 5 times more expensive than their closest competitor, and the only justification is syncing files/folder where they sit.

Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great features to sync and backup files in the cloud

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Overall, I love using this software to back up and share my files with others. It was easy to use and has features that other competitors didn't have.

Pros

Sugarsync is easy to use and configure so it's accessible on all devices. Love how you can choose specific folders to sync and backup.

Cons

Over the years the price of the plans have gone up compare to other competitors like Dropbox and Google Drive.

Blaine M.
Industry: Farming

Very nice file sync program.

Reviewed on 2018/09/02

Overall we are very happy with sugarsync.

Pros

What i think sets SugarSync apart from other file sync programs is that you can chose to sync any file or folder on your computer. You don't have to change your file structure or drop files in a certain spot to sync.

Cons

I would like the ability to access and restore files of other users in our company account. It would help with support of some users.

Amanda D.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Decent resource for multiple users

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

My group has been using this as a repository for file sharing for many years. The app allows us to easily access files on the go. Files and folders can be renamed with ease.

Cons

When a new file is uploaded the date does not change to the most recent date. Moving files is a bit cumbersome as there is no ability to drag and drop to move files among folders.

Stephan K.
Industry: Real Estate

Runs great, could use a few more features

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

It is a great product, support does a lowsy job.

Pros

I can keep my own folder structure. I share folders with my family and they also can keep their structure.
All is synchronized. We use Notebooks, so a normal server would not work when we are traveling.

Cons

No option to syncronisze network drives (NAS etc)
Iphone App picture sync totally buggy and unreliable.

Bud H.

Sync across multiple machines

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

The ability to access and change a file from multiple systems and have the change propagated to multiple locations.

Pros

The interface is almost intuitive. The program keeps files (and folders) completely in Sync across Windows and MAC systems. Changes on one system appear on others. The Sync can be set so only certain folders are on a given system.

Dan N.
Industry: Law Practice
Company size: Self Employed

A Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

I really like how I can right click a file a create a public link. Other software requires to go into the website a get a link, which is many more steps. I also really like the versioning

Cons

I wish it had more integrations to other software.

Easy to Setup, Cheap Backup Solution

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

It was super easy to setup, allows backing up of existing folders (as opposed to Box.com or Dropbox). We really like the version history.

Cons

I didn't find anything that we really disliked about SugarSync. It did everything we were looking for and more.

Sanel P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

SugarSync - A Very Useful Cloud Service

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Better for personal use than business usage.

Pros

Very easy to use. Great desktop and mobile environments. Able to share files easily.

Cons

Pricey for a lack of advanced collaboration features.

Yvonne T.
Industry: Financial Services

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Great way to securely share files with coworkers or clients.

Pros

It is easy to share and access files securely.

Cons

It isn't supported for use with a server.

Great Tool To Store Company Documents

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Overall the experience has been good using this tool.

Pros

You can use this either as a web app, native app, or sync it with your computer. It is easy to use for anyone.

Cons

Sometimes the syncing between the different ways to use this tool can create issues by not keeping everything updated together.

Marisa E.
Industry: Management Consulting

Not great for teams

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

We were trying to use it to share files among our remote team but it created way more headache than anything else. It was also a pain to get our accounts cancelled.

We moved to G-Suite and have never been happier.

Pros

The fact that there was a backup online as well as on your machine was nice. Being able to share folders theoretically seems great.

Cons

The fact that we couldn't have a team based folder. Maybe it was just based on how we used the product but for us, my boss had access to the main folder and he had to share permission with people to get access to it. But he wasn't always available so we'd have to download the file and send it to the person who needed it.

Over time, this became really hard to manage as well as a version control issue. Plus having all of the files on every single person's computer was causing a space issue too.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jeremy A.
Industry: Mental Health Care
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Was perfect, now not functioning well

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Can sync any folder, customizable by device. The ability to sync multiple devices across platforms is great, including mobile for true access anywhere. Copy public link is a great, easy way to send a file to someone.

Cons

Lately, the desktop app hogs tons of resources and seems like it's constantly using 30 or more % processor. While it wasn't always this way, it's not completely reliable in terms of keeping files synced- I've had issues with file versions getting mixed up after thinking/expecting they were in sync. This requires a app exit and restart to re-trigger the syncing process.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Md muhibbul C.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

SugarSync Review

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/09/22

Overall, SugarSync is a good cloud service to share files with automated notifications setup within a group that makes the communication and sharing easier.

Pros

1) Very good cloud file sharing service with user friendly interface that has industry standard features to be used either for an organization or specific group or individual use cases.
2) Probably little better in price comparison compared to other cloud file sharing services as per experience.
3) Able to add any user with different roles and permissions without any issue.

Cons

It's not free and trial version probably has some limitations. In addition, files will be removed after certain times of inactivity and may not be able to recover.

Industry: Public Safety

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/08/31

This software is reliable and versatile in allowing synchronization with only selected folders.

Pros

Very easy to use and share files easily. Great desktop and mobile environments. Works across multiple platforms including Windows, Macintosh, OIS, & Android.

Cons

It isn't supported for use with a server and can be cumbersome with many users. Somewhat pricey compared to other applications.