Gymcatch

4,9 (175)
Management software for the fitness and wellness industry

Desmond B.

Gymcatch is Great

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

I have found using Gym-catch to be easy and great support with video tutorials It is now allowing me to grow my business in different avenues I am delighted I found Gym-catch

Pros

Gym-catch is helping me find new revenue streams clients are booking in advance and I am now able to sell my online videos through the app which has given me a bigger market

Cons

Clients don,t get Text reminders of sessions or if they are on a wait list I think this would be a good feature to add on

LegitFit

Reasons for Choosing Gymcatch

Appointfix was pretty good but services were limited and it did not help me grow the business

Appointfix

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

It was less expensive and I think I can do more with Gym-catch to help me grow the Business

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Desmond, it's very much appreciated!

Delighted to hear the software is allowing you to increase your market and that our support videos have been a such a great help!

Hayley H.

Fantastic app

Reviewed on 2021/08/29

Fantastic. I would recommend 100%. Easy to use with outstanding customer service.

Pros

Simple to use for both businesses and clients. Lots of extra features to suit your brand/company. You only pay for what you need and you can swap and change it monthly. Everything you need in one place.

Cons

My only complaint would be that the client messaging system can sometimes be slow. So there can sometimes be a delay receiving messages.

Reasons for Choosing Gymcatch

I originally had the free version of bookwhen and due to extra classes and bookings I needed to move to the pay version. I shopped around.

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

Value for money. Downloadable app. Easier to navigate. No fuss login system.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Hayley. We really appreciate it and so pleased the software meets your needs at the right price.

Thank you too for the messaging feedback - whilst not something we're seeing more widely, some updates coming to update that soon which I think may help. Please do get in contact with support if need us to look at anything in relation with you.

Jodie T.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

I'm very happy with the app.

Pros

Easy to use and reasonably priced. Ability to collect client data.

Cons

I'd love to see more measuring capabilities - e.g. how many clients are purchasing particular packs. This will assist with sales and marketing. An easier way to intergrate the booking system into my website so customers can book directly from my website.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, Jodie, it's very much appreciated.

Great to hear that you found the system easy to use and our price point was right for you.

We are always working on enhancing our features and services so we will certainly consider adding these options in to our reports and analytics.

Louise S.

Good easy app to use

Good

Pros

Like the ease of booking and colourful pages. Good for fitness use.

Cons

Having to pay. The tone it takes to organise classes

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Louise. We very much appreciate it and are pleased you like the ease of booking, page layout and fitness use case. Thank you too for the feedback on tone - always a balancing act to try to ensure clear, communicates power of system and not too technical! Please do send anything specific in relation to [email protected], always very welcome indeed!

Lindsey J.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I can't tell you the relief!

Reviewed on 2021/08/25

Flipping brilliant so far. So helpful. Patient. Kind. Customer focussed. Clear. The fact they are UK based and we're in the same timezone really has helped too. I used a different soft ware for the last year and it's been awful.

Pros

I'm so excited I've found something that is so easy to use. I'm not techy and have been able to work out in one day how to upload classes, pictures, get customers onto the system and start making money - even in my trial period. I love the info I can see about my customers bookings and the scheduling of classes. And it links easily with zoom too! I know how to cancel things and edit a customer package... and it's fairly intuitive. Just dig around and look. You soon find the thing you need.

Cons

Working out whether I need a class pass, a bundle or a membership is still a bit foggy for me. There are videos explaining which does what - but thinking it through in terms of what MY actual business needed was harder. Luckily the help / chat team were patient when I asked lots of questions. It's linking your strategic structure to the pass / bundle / membership that feels a bit complicated. So I started simple with a 5 class bundle then I'm going to expand from there. There are videos - but it's not as good as chatting to someone about what you want your business to achieve and which is the best model. A half hour help chat / webinar on this would be useful sometime!

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Lindsey. It is very much appreciated and we're very proud that we're able to help your business.

Sarah S.

Best Booking System For Fitness Professionals

Reviewed on 2021/08/17

Pros

It’s easy to use. It helps me manage my business and automates the booking process, which I was previously having to do manually. Gymcatch helps me connect with my clients and simplifies their bookings and payments. Plus they are adding incredible new features all the time!

Cons

Zero complaints they literally have thought of everything!

TrueCoach and My PT Hub

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

Fantastic value for money including a free trial option and transparent pricing. The support from the customer service team is second to none. I feel like the Gymcatch team actually cares about the success of my business, whereas the alternatives often tend to view their customers as another brick in the wall. Gymcatch actually believes in the power of small-scale local businesses and is enthusiastic about delivering a positive impact with what they do.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Sarah, we really appreciate it. We are so passionate about supporting fitness in the community and so pleased this comes through to you and our customers.

Amrit T.

GymCatch took the stress out of bookings

Reviewed on 2021/10/13

By taking care of bookings and PARQ’s - I can take care of actually delivering my classes and taking care of my clients.
Embedding the app into our website was made extremely easy and functional almost immediately.

Pros

Introducing GymCatch took the stress of booking away along with chasing clients for payments and commitment to attend.

Cons

Clients contacting me to help them to use the app - perhaps make it easier for the client to as for GymCatch support.

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

More cost effective, and easy to navigate - good user experience.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Amrit, we really appreciate it. Delighted to read Gymcatch has reduced your admin and increased client commitment.

I noticed your client contact point - thank you for that. If there's anything specific you'd like us to look at please do get in touch via [email protected] Feedback always very welcome.

Scott H.

Best software for bookings and customer service

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

Gymcatch is amazing I used other platforms in the past and they weren't as easy to navigate and amend. Gymcatch is straight forward, user friendly and a great price. The customer support is amazing the team are wonderful and the chat feature is a great way to get support there is also a whole database of videos that walk you through everything.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate with an abundance of features and clear simple pricing

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, James, it's very much appreciated.

Delighted to hear that the Gymcatch system was clear and simple to use for you and your customers and that access to our support was readily available and the support team and resources were so effective for you.

James T.

Perfect for us

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

Faultless, the support team are second to none, a huge plus for any company.

Pros

As a business it was very easy for us to see who was expected at the premises and it was extremely easy and quick to set up our sessions for months in advance.

Cons

There was nothing about the software that didn’t work for us, it provided exactly what we needed it to do (and more if we had wanted!).

Response from Gymcatch

So pleased to hear that we were able to meet and exceed the needs of your business and that our support team were such a boon.

Jehney S.

Fitness Manager

Reviewed on 2022/04/29

Brilliant support and easy to use app

Pros

The booking feature and how the support is always to hand.

Cons

Pricing feature after adding all the bolts it gets a bit much.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, Jehney, it's very much appreciated.

Delighted to hear that our support team and app have been great for your business.

Helen C.

Nothing but praise for Gymcatch

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Pros

From a business perspective it's incredibly easy to set up (with comprehensive guides and support available if needed), has adaptability / flexibility with 'Bolt-Ons' and makes tracking bookings and attendees a doddle.

From an end user perspective I've had feedback saying it's very user-friendly due to it's straight-forward, easy to navigate app.

Cons

I can't personally say that I have come across any cons, it's made my life a lot easier. If I've felt something wasn't quite right I've contacted support who have pretty much instantly either pointed me in the right direction or noted my query / issue.

TeamUp and Bookwhen

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

I have nothing but praise for Gymcatch - this system has been invaluable and during a difficult time of running classes online (and now in person) in a pandemic has made my life a whole lot easier. It's saved me time and some of my sanity! Manually dealing with bookings and handling the payments was becoming a pain but this system has taken control of it all. The integration with Zoom has been a saving grace, knowing participants have an email with the links rather than me having to send them out once a booking has been received is a weight off my mind. Having the ability to run off attendee reports, etc. for accounts purposes has been really helpful too as well as having all client information available at the touch of a screen. It's user-friendly, both from an admin and end-user perspective, and should you need them, the Support / Customer Services team are always friendly and helpful.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Helen, we really appreciate you taking the time. We're so pleased that Gymcatch has helped your business, especially during the pandemic which we know added a lot of unwanted complexity for many.

Geraldine O.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The best app for my business!

Reviewed on 2021/02/06

I honestly wouldn't use another app for my business. It's everything that a business needs and allows me to look more professional in an industry that is quickly becoming oversaturated. I can't recommend this app enough and the customer service I've received from day one has been nothing short of excellent. It's pushed my business to stand out from so many others while still allowing me time to spend with clients. I really didn't want an app that was too time consuming and would lead me to neglect my clients and take away that personal experience by constantly having to update or rework an app.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it's easy to use. It's free for my clients to download, easy for them to book, pay and cancel all in one place. Easy for me to schedule classes ahead of time (months if needed). I have the option to turn on or off extra bolt on's, which is very handy and one that covers my business well. I can easily make a class an online class with zoom by tapping a button and it arranges links, ID's, passwords ect, making it easier on me and less time consuming. It also works very well with Stripe, the app that handles all of the payments. One of the best features I find that this app has is the option to refund a client with a class pass rather than actually removing money from my account, a win win in my opinion.

Cons

I suppose the only negative I have with the software is how many Zoom meetings I can make. Nothing really to do with Gymcatch as it's a Zoom problem but sometimes when making online classes it won't pre-set them as I'd have gone over my 100 class limit for that day meaning I've to wait until the following day and trying to figure out what classes didn't set itself up.

My PT Hub

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

The price of any other app or software was too expensive for what I was making. Starting out as a small business its difficult to properly invest when you don't make enough money. Any other app I looked into was charging me £40+ a month but only allowing me to have a certain number of clients (50) before I'd have to upgrade. They also didn't allow me to personalise the app to fit my image for my business. With Gymcatch I can add all my own photos, my own descriptions, times whatever I wanted to make it mine for a fraction of the cost.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this comprehensive review Geraldine. We're genuinely delighted Gymcatch works so well for you. Thank you too for the Zoom feedback! In relation to that one limit we'll continue to work with Zoom in the hope they relax that daily limit.

Amanda T.

The perfect booking system solution for fitness providers

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Having looked at several booking solutions I decided to try GymCatch based on cost and functionality. From the start I found Gymcatch easy to use, with no App glitches experienced by either the administrator or clients. It is easy to set up recurring classes using existing templates, and client feedback has been excellent in terms of ease of use. The messaging function is somewhat limited in terms of characters and is a little clunky in terms of functionality, particularly if using the App. When I have experienced a problem (thorough lack of awareness on my part of how the system works), Gymcatch customer support dealt with my email query straight away. Overall I would thoroughly recommend Gymcatch if you are looking for a simple to use booking system that has great functionality and excellent customer support.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, customer service and support and the price.

Cons

The messaging function is a little clunky and word limited

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for your review Amanda. We really appreciate you taking the time and are delighted that Gymcatch has proved to be the solution you wanted.

Thank you too for your feedback on in-app messaging. I hope more recently this has improved with various updates we've made, but we do recognise it's not as all-encompassing as a WhatsApp or similar platforms as yet. We will be working on enhancing this in the coming months.

Simon K.

Best versatile booking system ever!

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

The community features and rewards system based in the app for my customers have helped create a stronger community amongst my participants. Using GymCatch cut my monthly cost of a booking system by over 70% compared to previous service, and has all the features I need to keep my fitness classes running and growing

Pros

The best customer service I've ever experienced, messages responded to usually within a few hours. Services are all incredibly easy to use and customise - my customers love using this booking system. Developers are always working to provide new features and refine existing services.

Cons

New features are sometimes a little slow to be released (though always excellent when they arrive).

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for your review Simon, really appreciate you taking the time! We're delighted you switched to Gymcatch and that you find it so intuitive.

Thank you too for the feed-in on new features. Always a delicate balance with the need for careful design, development and testing but as we go about doubling the size of the team I'm certain our pace of iteration will increase too.

Carla R.

GymCatch - easy & efficient to use

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Easy booking, less hassle when it comes to communicating, time saver!

Pros

Gymcatch has all the features that I need for bookings for my fitness classes. The zoom integration is key and i like the auto-refund options. My customers are finding it easy to use & straightforward to book classes. The internal message system is great and my customers like that it integrates with your calender.
Having the catch up link avaialble through the booking link is such a time saver!

Cons

For customers to be able to see our full timetable when searching for classes, rather than a restricted view of only the week ahead would be much better.

Reasons for Choosing Gymcatch

The time table is messy and not as easy to use.

Word of mouth recommendation

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for your review Carla, it's really appreciated and delighted this is meeting your needs. Also pleased to update that in our upcoming release we will be extending the default week to a month timeframe for the class list view returns.

Lynn W.

Best booking software out there!

Reviewed on 2021/03/08

Gymcatch is an efficient and affordable booking system which looks very professional. I have had very positive interactions with the directors and found that they are genuinely passionate about making their system work best for their clients and their businesses. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are very responsive to feedback and are constantly working to make sure the system evolves to meet our needs (such as adding Zoom links when many of us had to move our businesses online).

Pros

As an administrator, I like the fact that users have the choice of logging in via the app or the website, as some of my clients don’t use smartphones. I love that the same software can enable me to offer packages of classes to be used within a time limit as well as courses that run weekly for a certain length of time. This gives me the flexibility I need for my business model.

Cons

Initially I didn’t like that there was no Courses feature for block bookings, but this has now been added and works very well for me and my clients.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Lynn, we really appreciate it. Also delighted to read the packages/courses combination is working so well for you!

Ruth H.

Gymcatch helps get navigate Covid era and beyond!

Reviewed on 2021/08/29

Overall, Gymcatch has provided a more affordable option for our small nonprofit business to streamline sign-up, payment and package purchasing which became necessary during Covid. I would never go back! There are so many other features such as scheduling. calendar etc...that helps us to communicate with our clients. I love it!

Pros

This software is fairly easy to navigate and there is online chat help and Q/A to quickly assist with getting things set up. It allows my participants to take control of their punch cards and memberships without having to rely on me to manage it for them with paper or other means.

Cons

I feel like the web interface is not real pretty and the font is so small. I would love for this to be my main web page but it is not impressive in how it looks/reads. The mobile version looks way better. I did have some clients that struggled getting used to it (they would accidentally pay for class with a credit card instead of their purchased package because it wasn't clear to them how to navigate to it or they weren't signing in.

Response from Gymcatch

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Very pleased to read the software has proved easy to use and cost effective.

Thank you too for the web feedback. I'm sorry you'd like to see that look differently. As it so happens there are some tweaks that will follow the mobile styling more coming. That said, it's genuinely not something we've had fed back previously. We'd gladly pick this up directly - the reviews are deliberately anonymised, so please do contact us via [email protected] if you'd like in relation, all feedback always welcome.

Many thanks,

Charlotte F.

Studio owners GymCatch experience

Reviewed on 2021/08/27

Great, when I have had a problem, the response has been excellent. Very helpful and keen to make things work for us. Also listened to suggestions to improve the service.

Pros

The phone app is excellent and there are now lots of add on features that have helped me take and manage online bookings from anywhere. There are videos explaining how to do things. The team listen to suggestions… example courses and drop ins. The emails are great so everyone knows what is happening.

Cons

A few things, some times clients click twice and end up booking in twice and do not mean to. There are lots of options and I feel there is lots to go wrong if you don’t fully understand the set up. I am still learning. The “How to “ videos are excellent. Sometimes there are lots of clicks to get to where I need, all takes time. Generally the product is excellent though.

Response from Gymcatch

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review Charlotte. We really appreciate it and are so pleased the software is meeting your needs and expectations. Thank you too for the feedback - passed to the product team as we're always working to make things easier!

Jenna D.

BLOOMIN MARVELOUS

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

Pros

The customer service given by the Team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is phenomenal, for such a great value product they really do go above and beyond to support you. Nothing is too complex for them to resolve. Highly skilled, intelligent, friendly individuals. Zero complaints!

Cons

Only thing that could be a useful tweak in the future is the potential for adding different calendars for different areas of the business rather than having appointments. It would also be super helpful to be able to have an online ParQ and the o[ption to tag different waivers to the different options available to clients.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

I do currently use both as per above mentioned options are available and easier to manage.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review Jenna. We really appreciate it. Delighted to hear we've done a good job supporting you and the tools met your needs.

Thank you too for the feedback - all part of wider plans, and will ensure add an extra vote to our records for their addition!

Becky B.

GymCatch review

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Overall I think GC is great - it takes the stress away and once you know what you are doing with it it is just brilliant.

Pros

I love the way this software does away with individual people messaging me to book on to classes. As a business owner that runs 25 classes a week this is invaluable.

Cons

I least liked having to refund people when they cancelled but Gymcatch have listened and they now offer auto refunds which is great.
The current problem for me is not being able to see on my phone app how many people have booked on to a class with a quick glance. You can see on the computer but not on the phone app.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for your review Becky! Very much appreciated and we're so happy you chose Gymcatch to do away with that 1-2-1 admin!

Thank you too for the comment on at-a-glance attendee visibility - we've actually added that in very recently, sorry if missed the coms (!), just a configuration to update - I'll email directly in relation.

Kaye N.

Community Fitness

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Pros

Easy to set up, easy for customers to use online or to download the app, fast response from support when needed.

Cons

I have to be using the online version on a desktop to access all features.
Keeping track of class passes is actually quite difficult.
If someone cancels and is eligible for refund, I have to remember to go in and manually refund as the system does not do it for you.

Reasons for Choosing Gymcatch

Gymcatch is UK based and cheaper

Setmore

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for the review Kaye! We're really pleased you and your customers find the system easy to use.

With regards to auto-credit backs, our auto-refund feature can actually handle that. I'll email directly to ensure you have the needed information.

Rachael B.

Easy to set up, easy for my customers to book through and outstanding customer service

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

Overall experience has been great. It's saved me tons of time and effort and the same goes for my clients too. It's a brilliant app.

Pros

How easy it is for me to use and for my customers too. I've had such positive feedback about them being able to book classes on their phone and it's saved me so much time taking books and payments. It's a lot more intuitive than other booking systems I've tried for yoga classes. And the customer service is superb - there's a real personal touch and they're so quick to help. It's lovely having conversations with real people and no robots!

Cons

The brilliant thing is that if there's anything I would find useful, I message Gymcatch and they take it on board for future releases of the app.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Rachael, the team and I really appreciate the feedback! We're delighted you've found things so easy and had a positive experience with the support team.

Helena R.

Likes and dislikes

Reviewed on 2021/08/27

I’ve enjoyed the time with gym catch but it was hard to set up and I’ve spent a lot of time chatting to online help.
I haven’t added demand yet so I hope that’s easy.

Pros

Feels fun and modern
Like that it’s a growing company
The people are really helpful in the chat when you can’t work something out.

Cons

Calendar integration not great sends double one that’s cancelled so you calendar is a mess.
No name on booking in the calendar .
No reminder text sent to clients .
Not designed for 1-1 bookings PT.
Want to reach out for help in the evenings and weekends but gym Catch closes.
Vids on YouTube are fast and bit quick to follow.
Bit expensive as most people need all the add on’s to compete with other booking systems.

Would like more templates on offer.

Bookwhen, Wix, Acuity Scheduling, TeamUp and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

You offered a trail test

Response from Gymcatch

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review Helena. We appreciate the feedback! I'm pleased that you've found the feature set wide and our team helpful.

Thank you for the calendar sync and PT feedback. We've certainly focused on group classes historically and we agree there's some enhancements to make for intelligent variable appointment scheduling and these will be going into development soon. Please do feel free to reach out directly if you'd like to learn more in relation ([email protected] or online chat as these reviews are deliberately anonymised). In terms of outside of office support, we do generally reply outside of office hours (and have weekend times for replies) but these are not live rather clear downs. We keep that under review and may amend hours in due course.

Ben H.

The best software for managing a fitness based business - PERIOD!

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

The product has been super simple to use and set up. You can set up packages to suit all the different payment options you would need for your business. I use it to manage the admin side of everything from taking payments to making bookings and handling cancellations. It's the backbone of my business now.

Pros

I have been using GymCatch to run my boot camp and personal training business. I wouldn't go elsewhere, its automated and handles everything for me so my clients just book in or cancel when they want. I just check the numbers when I am setting up and everything is handled for me and the money arrives in my account. Their support is second to none - the live chat facility is awesome and they truly believe in their product so much so that they will do whatever they can to make sure that the clients are happy. I REALLY recommend this product. Ben BootCampAtTulleys.com

Cons

The only thing I wasn't sure about with GymCatch was the fact that my clients cant add more people to an existing booking if they want to bring a friend for example.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for the review Ben! We really appreciate you taking the time and are truly delighted that Gymcatch has proved to be the right solution with you - we know you run a busy timetable, so fact this works for you and your clients means a lot.

Thanks too for the multibook feedback. As sure you're aware, they can add additional places at first booking but adding post that booking isn't presently supported - it's on the enhancements list though!

Jo B.

Cannot Rate Highly Enough

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

I can't rate Gymcatch highly enough. They were recommended to me and I have since recommended them to lots of other people too. The product itself is exactly what my fitness business needs and their customer service is excellent.

Pros

Simple to use for both business and clients themselves. It saves me so much time and has been a bit of a life saver this year in particular.

Cons

There will always be small things which could be improved upon. I have found that when I have messaged Gymcatch to ask about new things I would like, they are generally already setting them up. They are brilliant at keeping up with what the sector needs.

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

The cost difference was huge.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for the review Jo. We really appreciate you taking the time and are delighted that Gymcatch has been of assistance, especially in this most challenging of years!

Thank you too for referring us - it's the #1 way in which we grow so valued greatly!