Avast Essential Business Security Reviews

Avast Essential Business Security

Write a Review!
IT management and computer security software for SMB

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.4/5

Zakaria
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Avast is a great AntiVirus

Reviewed on 2022/12/31

overall experience I would say that avast is a really good antivirus compared to a lot of ones. it is worth using to keep yourself safe.

Pros

Avast has done too much to me, it is a really great antivirus and I'm using it for a long time for my computer security. it does a really great job against trojans and bad files. the software has a real monitoring feature that gives you an idea about your system status. the software keeps my data secured and keeps me safe while surfing the internet. the thing that I liked most is that the software improved a lot compared to the old one. I really like feature such as the file shield which scan your computer files and automatically secure them, and there are more good features like web shield and firewall protection which is a good thing, in addition, avast doesn't take or impact your computer performance which is a good thing for gamers.

Cons

to be honest I've never had something strange with this Antivirus.

Lisa
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

"Avast provides excellent coverage for our business!"

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

Avast Endpoint Security is one of the best endpoint security solutions available. To begin with, it is convenient to operate and contains the best capabilities for combatting all forms of online threats, such as ransomware, spyware, and solid firewalls. It is inexpensive in comparison to certain other endpoint security applications. The application is continually revised, which assists in coping with all developing threats. Furthermore, its free edition has a plethora of functions and is adaptable to a variety of platforms. I highly suggest this application to anyone who needs to safeguard his or her devices since it is certain, reliable, and simple to use, requiring no expert experience.

Pros

Avast corporate antivirus application is the easiest endpoint protection package to set up; simply download and configure the application, enter your key, then you're good to go. As a result, it is less costly than competing endpoint security software. It also alerts us whenever there is a threat and takes good care of it. Therefore, if we are not present, it handles risks and then reports back to us on how it managed them. It's the simplest security software to incorporate; all one needs to do is set up the application, then input your password, and you're ready to go.

Cons

One major downside of this application has been that it lessens internet broadband speed since it keeps running in the meantime, which would have been a significant handicap for me. I dislike the lag that occurs when PCs are withdrawn from the connection. Often it takes much time for the system to be implemented, so I needed to look for material to assist me to expedite the process a little.

Mahmoud

Overrated antivirus.

Reviewed on 2022/04/25

It didn't measure up to my expectations.
I hope they make changes to the risk assessment function,...

It didn't measure up to my expectations.
I hope they make changes to the risk assessment function, it doesn't estimate threats as it should.

Pros

I won't lie, Avast is a true windows defender, it will definitely keep you protected from anything but, it takes no tolerance when it defines some file/program as a threat.

Cons

I never liked how the risk assessment works, most files aren't even an actual threat but it still detect it as a "High Risk" file and erases it.

Herbert
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Avast Business Antivirus- the leading anti-virus tool

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

The system of updates in this software is regular and fast in terms of identifying and removing threats. The software has never lagged which is an important factor for the user. The protection that the software provides is pretty safe. The interface is simple to use.

Pros

Avast Business Antivirus is an efficient tool to protect the system against viruses and bugs. Against all the malware and viruses, this tool works as a shield for the system. It notifies the user of the detection. This tool is very secure to use. It does not charge an entry-level fee which is an attractive factor for the users. This software does not interrupt while working and works at the back end, it keeps on tracking the viruses. Furthermore, it is considered very effective against malware. Millions of files are tracked within seconds.

Cons

It takes a lot of time for the initial installation and is a bit difficult to comprehend. It is disappointing for the users. Moreover, it takes a lot of space on the storage memory which makes the system slow and agitates the user. The price of the software is expensive which makes the user look for alternatives.

Fabian

If you want your computers to be free of viruses and others, use Avast Business Antivirus

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

I have to attest and acknowledge that for a long time our company uses the services of this important SoftWare, I can guarantee that we have not suffered from any type of malicious program or virus in our system, it is our protective shield against cyber attacks. I recommend it for sure.

Pros

One of the qualities that I love the most about this incredible SoftWare is that its interface is very easy and intuitive, that its multiple functions can be carried out by even a 10-year-old child, in our company we have our computer equipment on the network and I can guarantee you that works very well and its performance is excellent and effective in keeping our systems protected.

Cons

Only one or another small inconvenience that is easy to handle, such as restarting the computer causing the brief interruption of work in real time, which leads to the restart of the equipment by the program, which causes some slowdown of the equipment.

Pamela
  • Industry: Machinery

Hello Simplicity!

Reviewed on 2022/01/10

From start to finish, this was the easiest product to set up. I never worry about my PC security anymore.

Pros

Hands down, this is the best antivirus product I have tried since we first starting using computers for daily operations. It was very quick and easy to set up and requires very little input from me. It does what it should and doesn't interfere with any of the other software products I use regularly.

Cons

There have been no issues with this product at all.

Krzysztof

I recommend

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

we have been using it for many years in the company and we are pleased that our problems with viruses are over the program meets our expectations and is inexpensive

Pros

works without problems, does not burden the system, scan is very fast, has extensive protection and firewall, blocks threats in real time and is easy to use it works automatically without any maintenance.

Cons

previous updates blocked sending e-mail attachments, you had to manually set exceptions now everything works smoothly

Joe
  • Industry: Entertainment

Server use at home

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Pros

Great for my uses on a single home server

Cons

Nothing negative at the moment. It's be easy to use and deploy at my small scale

Wade
  • Industry: Machinery

Avast Business

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

Pros

Avast Business is a complete anti-virus solution for the enterprise. It is easy to administer and protects clients for any number of outside threats. It is also lightweight, so it doesn't slow any of our workstations down, no matter what the specs of the machine are.

Cons

I wish they would load balance the licensing, or at least offer that option. If I need to add seats, it doesn't adjust to the end date of the existing seats. I can fix that at the main renewal...just wish I didn't have to.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Good tool for protection against malware in IT business

Reviewed on 2022/04/30

Avast business antivirus offers VPN services as well with the usual protection against malware which is the best feature to the best of my knowledge.

Another thing is that Avast is light software and less costly, which is convenient for large business domain users.

Pros

The premium Avast antivirus offers the highest protection against online threats like ransomware. It scans your important devices and makes sure protection against any potential attacks by cyber attackers.

Cons

Compared to other anti-virus software, Avast slows down your devices a lot which is the most shitty part of this application.

Karel

Avast Business Antivirus - A Must Use

Reviewed on 2022/06/15

A Must use for business owners

A Must use for business owners

Pros

Protection against viruses such as worms, trojans and spyware.
Quick detection of threats
Recommended for business owners in particular

Cons

Sometimes it slows down my PC.
Too many advertisements especially when you're paying for the service.

William
  • Industry: Hospitality

Pretty Good Actually

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Pros

I have found it to be better than expected. It's really handy to see what state other PC's are in when we worth over three sites.

Cons

It often conflicts with one application we have so the operator disables scanning and we did suffer a Randsomware attack as a result.

Response from Avast

Hi William,
Thank you for your feedback!

Please contact our technical support team so that we may further troubleshoot this conflict with the application and to have us assist with the ransomware infection.
We are here to help.
The link to contact our support team can be found here: https://www.avast.com/en-us/business/support

Paola
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Very good antivirus

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

Pros

One of the best antivirus I've every used. It blocks everything. Unwanted ads, suspect files and sometimes e-mails from social medias and unknown senders - but I rather leave it like that than to clickbait something that can harm my safety. And you can Unlock some websites so it works just fine.

Cons

No big difference between the free and paid version. I get more reports but they seem kind of useless.

Ashay
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best security provider

Reviewed on 2022/04/20

Overall, I would say that one of the best software to have for your IT systems. It ensures the safety of your data and work above anything else. The customer service is also very good

Pros

The software is top of a line security provider for your computer or IT systems from hacking threats. It continuously monitors the system and provides round-the-clock alerts and notifications about the threats which might have an impact on your business. it also updates automatically with the latest updates to keep your system running all the time

Cons

I would like the team to provide the latest news in the world of IT security to update the team locally. This will help the local team to act faster and solve the issue very easily

Bob

Excellent security tool for network

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Pros

The software is very easy to setup, use and maintain. The administration web portal is very easy and keeps you updated as to the status of all systems with the software installed.

Cons

None that I have found so far and will renew when prompted.

• Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Avast is still one of the best non expensive options in the market

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

Pros

Avast is fast, easy to install, easy to use, and doesn't compromise your computer's performance

Cons

Avast could benefit of a better threat coverage.

• Industry: Medical Devices

Not what I expected

Reviewed on 2021/07/15

Although I think Avast Antivirus software should have more security feature for the basic paid option, I do think that the software greatly aids users in becoming more cyber secure.

Pros

Avast Antivirus software does a very good job with its user interface and does an excellent job notifying users of security issues and make user more security aware.

Cons

I have found that the Avast Antivirus does require many add-on to work to its full extent, so the basic paid versions still do not have all the feature that I wised it had.

Ryan Rey
  • Used for 2+ years

Best antivirus for my system

Reviewed on 2021/03/08

I need Malwarebytes so that my system will be safe with incoming viruses and unwanted infected softwares that can possibly damage my computer files.

Pros

Very excellent in detecting and blocking incoming computer viruses

Cons

It sometimes failed to immediately detect viruses

Response from Avast

Hi Ryan Rey,
Thank you for your positive feedback.

Please contact our technical support team so that we may further troubleshoot this issue.
We are here to help.

Brett

The best

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Overall, I'm 100% satisfied and our company will continue using Avast for the foreseeable future.

Pros

This product is a breeze to use, even for our team members who aren't "tech savvy." The remote features allow our IT to ensure all devices on our network are safe.

Cons

Occasionally the firewall will block programs that are safe and that I need to use as a part of my daily workflow. It's unclear whether this would happen with competitor programs as well.

Response from Avast

Hi Brett,
Thank you for your feedback.
If a defined network is not provided or when the network profile of the firewall is set to public, this often causes the firewall to be overprotective. Please reference this article for more information: https://businesshelp.avast.com/Content/Products/AfB_Management_Consoles/ConfiguringSettingsandPolicies/NetworkSettings.htm?Highlight=firewall%20network

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Avast is a good option if you need an Antivirus for your business

Reviewed on 2021/08/24

I must say I was most impressed with it and the features it offers especially for a small business.

Pros

Avast is pretty easy to use and can help any business with most of their antivirus needs and computer security requirements.

Cons

It's not as good as some of the top antivirus software out of there but if you need a suitable antivirus this one is very useful for any small business.

Norton AntiVirus and AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Switching to Avast Essential Business Security

Easier to use.
Gene
  • Industry: Accounting

Survey of Anivirus

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Pros

I don't have to worry about it or fuss with it to work.

Cons

I have no problems with this software. It functions just as requested.

abdullah

This antivirus is the best chioce.

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Pros

It makes me safe. I can surf Internet safely without fearing from hackers. It also protect me from malwares as ransomware.

Cons

I didn't t notice defects while using it.

Bernie
Bernie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

because avast antivirus is not functional

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Pros

This software offered me information if there were any strange files that could damage my computer.
It is easy to use and access.

Cons

This software has update failures.
Reduces the performance of the pc causing it to constantly fry.
This antivirus forces you to have to pay a plan to offer you security

Andy
  • Industry: Hospitality

Really easy to set up and distribute

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Pros

Avast Managed Business Antivirus is the perfect solution for us, as I can monitor users' activity and remind them if action is needed. Really happy with our plan.

Cons

I wish it wasn't so expensive to add just one new user as we're having to shift licenses around.

Rupesh
Rupesh
  • Industry: Animation

Good Antivirus at Mid Price

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

Overall good to use this software but in some areas it be improved like , interface

Pros

This software gives me a secure browse experience that's what i like about

Cons

I think avast should improve security settings for removable device