MoneyMinder

Simple accounting software for volunteers.

5 /5 (56 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Tiffany J.

Becoming a Treasurer Can be Daunting?

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Priceless.

Pros

When I stepped into the treasurer role for our PTA, I had zero experience and no one directly to turn to for assistance with what this role entailed. MoneyMinder's support is absolutely amazing. They check your budget for you and call if they would like to make any suggestions. They will copy over your previous years transactions for tax purposes. When I had contacted quickbooks about accessing our old account for tax purposes it took far longer than any exchanges I had with money minder and they were unable to locate our old account. They have also been available for tips on how to build a COVID-19 based budget for the upcoming school year. The platform is user friendly and the reports have everything I need to manage our finances. I could have not asked for a better experience. Their service is priceless.

Cons

I cannot think of anything. I've only had a great experience.

Lori K.

Love this Company... Love the Staff!

Reviewed on 2021/05/02

First, bookkeeping is so not my thing; but I took over from a previous Treasurer who had been doing the 'job' for many, many years... no records to speak of about anything.
Just a nightmare.

The folks at MoneyMinder helped me figure out what information to capture; build a spreadsheet with contact info, etc. and got us on track going forward.

I can't say enough about how patient, kind and with such good humor they helped me bring sanity out of chaos. Will be forever grateful for their help. Was able to address my Board and my Community with truly accurate information in very short order. Not only made me look good, but more than competent.

Pros

It is tailored to an HOA or POA like ours without a great upfront investment.

Able to easily enter and extract information from the system.

Had TOTAL support in setting up the system from a spreadsheet I provided, plus some limited customization.

Cons

For the price, it is the best.
With our budget, this is the best of the best.

More importantly, the customer service is phenomenal.
These folks are available pretty much all the time, and immediately get back to me.
I know them, and they know me.
Love everyone of them!

Cynthia L.

Awesome Financial Software for PTOs!!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

MoneyMinder is a game changer. Great tools, awesome support. Using this software would give any treasurer the confidence to operate a successful PTO.

Pros

This is an amazingly easy-to-use software that has allowed me as treasurer to keep up with the growing rate of business under which our PTO now operates. Previously, our PTO used an excel spreadsheet to record transactions and track budget. As the PTO grew last year, I stated they would need to pay for budgeting software or pay for my counseling. The decision to use MoneyMinder as that software was the single best decision we made to keep our organization financially functional, professional, and transparent.

MoneyMinder allows your check register, budget, contacts, donation statements, and reporting tools to work harmoniously. Transactions are easily entered, linked to the budget (and, if applicable, donor), and reconciled. Reports can be generated to present at meetings, aid with tax filings, and track financial information across the years.

Viewer access, if granted, allows other members of the organization to see current financial information and create reports.

MoneyMinder's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. During our trial period, the staff at MoneyMinder took our awkward spreadsheet and translated it into an ingenious budget. Since then, whenever I need assistance, I know I can call and someone from MoneyMinder will answer on the first ring. I'm not saying they have to answer on the first ring every time, but if it takes two rings, they are only human, right? Right?!

Cons

This software can't make your coffee.

And although MoneyMinder can create 19 different kinds of reports, I would like to see a report with a pie chart.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll see if we can't get MoneyMinder to make coffee and pie. Our developers like a good challenge.

Seriously, we'll work on the pie chart suggestion. :)

Jennifer G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

MoneyMinder provides structure to our PTO

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

The staff at MoneyMinder is excellent. Any questions that I've had were answered immediately! I am so grateful for their willingness to walk me through the budgeting software when it was new to me. I have a tendency not to dig in past the first functions when I am learning something. With their help, I use MoneyMinder way more effectively, especially in preparation for our budget meeting.

The other major benefit is the transparency that MoneyMinder offers. I feel more confident with the ability to allow everyone on the PTO Board, and within our PTO community, to see our account status. It makes conversations more informed and protects us as an organization.

Pros

I like the organized, user-friendly nature of MoneyMinder. We used spreadsheets to record our financial information before MoneyMinder and we did not understand what we were missing. The MoneyMinder system keeps track of our account information, but it is also multifaceted and flexible. We are able to generate the reports that we need to answer any question that is asked. I also love that the software is so easy to learn! We've had a new Treasurer both this year and last year. It was very easy to train them, especially with MoneyMinders help. MoneyMinder has really helped us with continuity of information through these PTO Board changes.

Cons

A search by word function would be helpful.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your kind words and suggestion! We're super happy MoneyMinder is working well for you.

Did you know that you can search for anything using your browser? For example, you can use the browser's "find" feature to easily look for a date, name, word, dollar amount, etc. Including that in our software would be a little redundant. Since browsers handle that well, we like to leave it to them! Let us know if you need help doing that.

Christina K.

Fantastic for volunteers

Reviewed on 2019/10/06

Superb! Makes keeping our nonprofit books really easy to manage.

Pros

The Customer Service Reps on the phone are real world, super helpful people. Most I've talked to have similar experience as our organization and truly understand every single challenge or question I've ever had. They are patient, non-judgemental, and very reasonable with the solutions they provide.

Cons

Sometimes the PayPal download feature doesn't entirely translate data well.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your kind words Christina. We're glad you're enjoying MoneyMinder and that our customer support team has been helpful.

It sounds like you've had some hiccups with PayPal. Did you know that when you update to the newest version of MoneyMinder that PayPal integration is SUPER easy? It's a direct import, as opposed to downloading reports & then uploading them into MoneyMinder. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let me know if you want a hand (or moral support) updating your account.

Leslie W.

I have never had a problem with MoneyMinder in the 4 years that I have used it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Whenever I call the company or email, I get a response very quickly and they are always so helpful and kind.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and provides different reports. It is not difficult to enter the information you need for your organization. It is easy to make a correction if needed. With this program, it is easy to reconcile your bank statement. Wonderful to upload your budget for the year and again, easy to change as the year proceeds. I have recommended this program to numerous PTAs. I feel one of the biggest pros to this program is that you may retrieve information from past fiscal years. If you need to remember something, it is right at your fingertips. That helps make for an easy transition, when new officers are taking over the treasurer's job. I like that you can access the information from any computer as long as you have your information to log in. This is the easiest program to use with a low cost for all that it can do and produce!!

Cons

I haven't found anything on the program that I do not like in the many years that I have been treasurer for PTAs.

Robert H.

TAC review

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

great. people are friendly and the software is great for a small non-profit.

Pros

the reports section is easy to customize.

Cons

the check book, always have to go to the bottom for the current one.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the kind review Robert.

Did you know that if you click on the little triangle by the date (in the check register) it will reverse the date range so your recent transactions are at the top? That will eliminate that scrolling issue.

Hope that makes things easier!

Jennifer B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use for Non-profit PTO

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Pros

Our PTO has been using Money Minder for several years now, and we find it very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes we have to really pay attention to the totals depending on what report we are using to make sure that we are reading the accurate amount.

Danielle M.

PTA user

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Money minder’s customer service is top notch! Whenever you call you get a live person. That is very rare these days. I enjoy the software and the programs and it has been very easy to keep track of our PTA expenses with this program.

Pros

Very user friendly. Since the new update it’s more efficient.

Cons

Nothing really. It’s a great tool for our PTA.

Joy R.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

This software is easy for a non professional to work with ease.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I have had to call for support and had a great team member each time.

Pros

Besides the ease, I love the fact that all information is being save off site. I wish their would be a program for my home use.

Cons

Better way to print only for current month.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the kind words. To get a print out for the current month, go to the Treasurer's Report. You can select a date range there! That might solve the problem.

Kristie E.

The software is amazing! Allows me to be an efficient and effective volunteer.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

The software is Intuitive, user friendly, accurate and simple.
Great customer department! It is beneficial to have transparency with the financials.

Dawn W.

Edmonds Elem PTA Treasurer

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Fantastic experience. Way easier to use than the QuickBooks we used to have.

Pros

Very easy to use and simple spreadsheets. Love that fact that we can have multiple users with different access abilities.

Cons

Set up was a bit confusing until I realized I could make the categories match our budget.

Deborah C.

Very Easy to use - Great Reporting

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Very easy to set up. The software is very intuitive to use. The customer service staff are quick to respond and very helpful.

Pros

Ease of data entry. being able to change a transaction after it has been closed. The reporting feature is fantastic.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything I don't like.

Michele A.

The software is user friendly and saves so you time.

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

I love how ease of the software, the set up is very user friendly. The customer service is awesome. They check in on you and get back to you in a timely manner.

Cons

I have not had any issues so far. It has only been positive and I will definitely recommend this to anyone.

Shelly L.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great Product for Non-Profits

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

I began using it as the treasurer for my kid's school and found it to be very easy to figure out and to use. I then recommended it to a horse rescue I volunteered for and also as the treasurer for the school's choir booster club, I recommended it for them as well.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and has everything a large or small non profit would need.

Cons

The budget items are not linked to the expenses so you have to manage those separately and you are not able to create ad-hoc reports.

Jan B.

Product Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

So easy to use. Very intuitive to learn.

Pros

Very easy to use. I just left an organization that was using this product. The turnover to the newTreasurer was super easy. I went to a new organization and immediately recommended this product for them.

Also that it is online. Excellent for the whole team to view

Cons

I can’t think of a con. Sorry I wish I could think of one.

Susan H.

MoneyMinder is the best!

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

I am a volunteer treasurer without any experience in bookkeeping or in using money management software like quick books or even excel. I was intimidated by the idea of having to learn how to use a software program in order to fulfull my responsibilities. But MoneyMinder is incredibly intuitive, and entirely glitch-free. It makes my job ridiculously easy. I really cannot say enough good things about it. And when I do have questions, I love that I can call the office and talk to a real human being who can see my screen in real time and walk me through whatever the solution to my problem is, with kindness and a great sense of humor. I'm a very happy customer and recommend MoneyMinder to people constantly!

Pros

MoneyMinder is the most intuitive and helpful computer application I have ever used. I really cannot overstate how critical MoneyMinder has been to my effectiveness in my role as treasurer in my nonprofit. I am not someone who tends to gravitate towards new technology and I found MoneyMinder extremely easy to learn. The customer support is unparalleled - every time I call or email I receive help immediately from staff who are kind, nonjudgmental, and really knowledgeable. I appreciate that it is all web based so that I do not have to download programs or store information on my own computer.

Cons

Honestly I don't love the upgrade to MoneyMinder 2.0. There are a few features I'd grown to really appreciate that no longer exist in the new version. It's not a big deal, but If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have converted to the upgraded version.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your review Susan. Would you care to share the features that you're "not loving" in v2? We'd love to address that, as we want you to be deliriously happy with v2. :)

Kori B.

Great software for the PTA accounts that I have been working on the last few years

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I really like the reports. They take all the information I put in and organize it easily for anyone who needs to know what is going on with all the finances. I would recommend this software to others.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is very intuitive. I like how the pages are organized. The pages are so easy to use that I rarely have needed to ask questions. I did need some help when I first started using the software and the customer service was great and responded to me very quickly.

Cons

I really have no problems with the software. I have been using it for 3 years now and am completely happy with it.

Leslie W.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Outstanding Program for PTAs

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

This program is extremely easy to use. I recommend it to all PTA volunteers. It is easy to train our ladies to use it. The reports that are generated are excellent in showing our members where the money has come and gone.

Cons

So far, in the 10 years that I have been using this program, I have never had a complaint.

Shirley A.

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

We transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has
such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.

Pros

It is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.

Cons

Some of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It’s probably possible but I just haven’t asked how to do it yet.

Amy S.

Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

Our organization was able to quickly work out an annual budget and follow it accordingly. I am easily able to run monthly and quarterly reports and tax filing has been made easy! The customer support is by far the best I have ever experienced with any accounting program and has gone above and beyond in order to make our departmental transitions very seamless.

Pros

It is easy to use and guides first time users in a way that is easily understood.

Cons

None. I am 100% happy.

Thomas L.

Bookkeeping/Accounting Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

This is a great program they have put together. Easy for you to add other Administrators for oversight. I think MM is awesome. The Staff is awesome. Thank You very much for everything Money Minder. Keep up the good work. I know MM will continue to only get better.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to understand and navigate, web based, no software to buy or programs to download. Magnificent Support Service, no complicated phone directory to navigate, pleasant, knowledgeable staff that answer the calls. They are wonderful with email or Phone support for any problems, concerns or questions you have.
I had never done Bookkeeping or Accounting work but they were super patient getting me set up and going.
Once you get set up its amazing too, as one Support person said, "Watch the Magic happen" when it all clicks and you can see what you can do. It all works harmoniously. I was very impressed and continue to be impressed every day. Lots of different reports can be generated as well.
They recently added Bank Integration availability that will make things easier then ever if that's an add on you want.

Cons

I asked them to investigate a way to make the Treasurer Report shorter, not so many lines.
Being used for less than a year so there still is a bit of a learning curve yet.

Ronda C.

Review of MoneyMinder Software for HOA

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Our overall experience has been awesome ~ MoneyMinder customer service is the best! From entering new budget figures to pulling reports, the ease is outstanding. We have never been left with unanswered questions or unresolved issues. It is so great to have our HOA in good hands when it comes to our bookkeeping software giving us confidence going forward.

Pros

Our HOA used a different accounting software for several years. There was always a question of budget status, dues receipts and monthly financial reports giving us a true picture of how we were doing. With MoneyMinder, the reports are easily pulled and show us exactly what is needed to ensure we make decisions in the best interest of our HOA. If any of our residents ask for an accounting, we now give the information with confidence it is correct.

Cons

There isn't anything we like "least" about the software. The one improvement we are hoping for is the ability to print our invoices so they can be mailed. We do not use the "email" system that MoneyMinder is set up for. A workaround has been to have a MoneyMinder rep prepare a PDF file and email to us so we can print and mail. It if wasn't for such great customer service, we would have to prepare and print each invoice separately.

Response from NonProfitCentral

UPDATE (1/24/20): You can now bulk download and print statements! Let us know if you need help with this new ability.

Thank you for your compliment about our customer support. We take pride in offering personal, friendly, helpful assistance and solutions. Since we have all held a volunteer position here at MoneyMinder we know all too well how useful that can be. We feel that free customer service enables every group to be successful and confident in their MoneyMinder reports which translates into transparency and peace of mind for their members.

Steven W.

Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.

Cons

When pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.

I Love Money Minder

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It's a great company with great people who care about their customers .

Pros

It's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.

Cons

I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.