MoneyMinder

Simple accounting software for volunteers.

5/5

Jennifer
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

MoneyMinder provides structure to our PTO

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

The staff at MoneyMinder is excellent. Any questions that I've had were answered immediately! I am so grateful for their willingness to walk me through the budgeting software when it was new to me. I have a tendency not to dig in past the first functions when I am learning something. With their help, I use MoneyMinder way more effectively, especially in preparation for our budget meeting.

The other major benefit is the transparency that MoneyMinder offers. I feel more confident with the ability to allow everyone on the PTO Board, and within our PTO community, to see our account status. It makes conversations more informed and protects us as an organization.

Pros

I like the organized, user-friendly nature of MoneyMinder. We used spreadsheets to record our financial information before MoneyMinder and we did not understand what we were missing. The MoneyMinder system keeps track of our account information, but it is also multifaceted and flexible. We are able to generate the reports that we need to answer any question that is asked. I also love that the software is so easy to learn! We've had a new Treasurer both this year and last year. It was very easy to train them, especially with MoneyMinders help. MoneyMinder has really helped us with continuity of information through these PTO Board changes.

Cons

A search by word function would be helpful.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your kind words and suggestion! We're super happy MoneyMinder is working well for you.

Did you know that you can search for anything using your browser? For example, you can use the browser's "find" feature to easily look for a date, name, word, dollar amount, etc. Including that in our software would be a little redundant. Since browsers handle that well, we like to leave it to them! Let us know if you need help doing that.

Thomas

Bookkeeping/Accounting Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

This is a great program they have put together. Easy for you to add other Administrators for oversight. I think MM is awesome. The Staff is awesome. Thank You very much for everything Money Minder. Keep up the good work. I know MM will continue to only get better.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to understand and navigate, web based, no software to buy or programs to download. Magnificent Support Service, no complicated phone directory to navigate, pleasant, knowledgeable staff that answer the calls. They are wonderful with email or Phone support for any problems, concerns or questions you have.
I had never done Bookkeeping or Accounting work but they were super patient getting me set up and going.
Once you get set up its amazing too, as one Support person said, "Watch the Magic happen" when it all clicks and you can see what you can do. It all works harmoniously. I was very impressed and continue to be impressed every day. Lots of different reports can be generated as well.
They recently added Bank Integration availability that will make things easier then ever if that's an add on you want.

Cons

I asked them to investigate a way to make the Treasurer Report shorter, not so many lines.
Being used for less than a year so there still is a bit of a learning curve yet.

shawn

Great tool for HOA/POAs

Reviewed on 2022/05/04

Totally blown away by the support after purchase. At this price, I expected self-guided setup and implementation. They have hosted Zoom meetings with me, Chat takes a few seconds to have a helpful knowledgeable person on the other end, and they imported nearly 600 members from a spreadsheet.

Pros

for a volunteer position, easy to set up and easy to use, were extremely important. MoneyMinder checks both those boxes.

Cons

Wish it calculated late charges and interest on unpaid balances automatically

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

less expensive and easy to use.
Susan

MoneyMinder is the best!

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

I am a volunteer treasurer without any experience in bookkeeping or in using money management software like quick books or even excel. I was intimidated by the idea of having to learn how to use a software program in order to fulfull my responsibilities. But MoneyMinder is incredibly intuitive, and entirely glitch-free. It makes my job ridiculously easy. I really cannot say enough good things about it. And when I do have questions, I love that I can call the office and talk to a real human being who can see my screen in real time and walk me through whatever the solution to my problem is, with kindness and a great sense of humor. I'm a very happy customer and recommend MoneyMinder to people constantly!

Pros

MoneyMinder is the most intuitive and helpful computer application I have ever used. I really cannot overstate how critical MoneyMinder has been to my effectiveness in my role as treasurer in my nonprofit. I am not someone who tends to gravitate towards new technology and I found MoneyMinder extremely easy to learn. The customer support is unparalleled - every time I call or email I receive help immediately from staff who are kind, nonjudgmental, and really knowledgeable. I appreciate that it is all web based so that I do not have to download programs or store information on my own computer.

Cons

Honestly I don't love the upgrade to MoneyMinder 2.0. There are a few features I'd grown to really appreciate that no longer exist in the new version. It's not a big deal, but If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have converted to the upgraded version.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your review Susan. Would you care to share the features that you're "not loving" in v2? We'd love to address that, as we want you to be deliriously happy with v2. :)

Cynthia

Awesome Financial Software for PTOs!!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

MoneyMinder is a game changer. Great tools, awesome support. Using this software would give any treasurer the confidence to operate a successful PTO.

Pros

This is an amazingly easy-to-use software that has allowed me as treasurer to keep up with the growing rate of business under which our PTO now operates. Previously, our PTO used an excel spreadsheet to record transactions and track budget. As the PTO grew last year, I stated they would need to pay for budgeting software or pay for my counseling. The decision to use MoneyMinder as that software was the single best decision we made to keep our organization financially functional, professional, and transparent.

MoneyMinder allows your check register, budget, contacts, donation statements, and reporting tools to work harmoniously. Transactions are easily entered, linked to the budget (and, if applicable, donor), and reconciled. Reports can be generated to present at meetings, aid with tax filings, and track financial information across the years.

Viewer access, if granted, allows other members of the organization to see current financial information and create reports.

MoneyMinder's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. During our trial period, the staff at MoneyMinder took our awkward spreadsheet and translated it into an ingenious budget. Since then, whenever I need assistance, I know I can call and someone from MoneyMinder will answer on the first ring. I'm not saying they have to answer on the first ring every time, but if it takes two rings, they are only human, right? Right?!

Cons

This software can't make your coffee.

And although MoneyMinder can create 19 different kinds of reports, I would like to see a report with a pie chart.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll see if we can't get MoneyMinder to make coffee and pie. Our developers like a good challenge.

Seriously, we'll work on the pie chart suggestion. :)

Ronda

Review of MoneyMinder Software for HOA

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Our overall experience has been awesome ~ MoneyMinder customer service is the best! From entering new budget figures to pulling reports, the ease is outstanding. We have never been left with unanswered questions or unresolved issues. It is so great to have our HOA in good hands when it comes to our bookkeeping software giving us confidence going forward.

Pros

Our HOA used a different accounting software for several years. There was always a question of budget status, dues receipts and monthly financial reports giving us a true picture of how we were doing. With MoneyMinder, the reports are easily pulled and show us exactly what is needed to ensure we make decisions in the best interest of our HOA. If any of our residents ask for an accounting, we now give the information with confidence it is correct.

Cons

There isn't anything we like "least" about the software. The one improvement we are hoping for is the ability to print our invoices so they can be mailed. We do not use the "email" system that MoneyMinder is set up for. A workaround has been to have a MoneyMinder rep prepare a PDF file and email to us so we can print and mail. It if wasn't for such great customer service, we would have to prepare and print each invoice separately.

Response from NonProfitCentral

UPDATE (1/24/20): You can now bulk download and print statements! Let us know if you need help with this new ability.

Thank you for your compliment about our customer support. We take pride in offering personal, friendly, helpful assistance and solutions. Since we have all held a volunteer position here at MoneyMinder we know all too well how useful that can be. We feel that free customer service enables every group to be successful and confident in their MoneyMinder reports which translates into transparency and peace of mind for their members.

Barbara
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Extremely Satisfied with This Software

Reviewed on 2022/10/31

Excellent product, easy to use, flexible and offers a wide range of reports. The budgeting feature is useful and there really isn't anything our organization needs that this software doesn't provide.

Pros

This software is extremely intuitive and the documentation and tutorials are clear and easy to follow. Plus, the customer service is stellar. The price is exceptional, considering the amount of features this software offers. Truly, purchasing this product has made a huge difference in the amount of time I spend on treasurer duties. My Board is impressed with the different reports I can provide them with. I've been using MoneyMinder for the past 4 years and I highly recommend it.

Cons

I haven't found anything difficult to use with this product, and it would be a stretch for me to come up with something I like least about the software.

Jan

Jan

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

I love it!

I love it!

Pros

Ease of use, price, reconciling and reporting

Cons

Accounts payable accounting. I may not know how to use it though.

Melissa

Wonderful support

Reviewed on 2023/04/07

Pros

The support staff is quick, friendly, and helpful!

Cons

N/A so far I like the program without issues.

Kori

Great software for the PTA accounts that I have been working on the last few years

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I really like the reports. They take all the information I put in and organize it easily for anyone who needs to know what is going on with all the finances. I would recommend this software to others.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is very intuitive. I like how the pages are organized. The pages are so easy to use that I rarely have needed to ask questions. I did need some help when I first started using the software and the customer service was great and responded to me very quickly.

Cons

I really have no problems with the software. I have been using it for 3 years now and am completely happy with it.

Joy

Value to Valur

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

I definitely appreciate the fact the system stores the information off site. The fact that that those that we allow to have access to the money tracker can look into the accounts but are unable to make changes. Forms are easily available for the treasurer report and daily needs.

Pros

The to which set up Vendors. Transaction reports are easily available. Reconciliation of multiple accounts.

Cons

Didn’t have the ability to search by dollar amounts.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Hi Joy! Did you know you could search by dollar amounts by using your browser's built-in search function? Just a tip.

Lori

Love this Company... Love the Staff!

Reviewed on 2021/05/02

First, bookkeeping is so not my thing; but I took over from a previous Treasurer who had been doing the 'job' for many, many years... no records to speak of about anything.
Just a nightmare.

The folks at MoneyMinder helped me figure out what information to capture; build a spreadsheet with contact info, etc. and got us on track going forward.

I can't say enough about how patient, kind and with such good humor they helped me bring sanity out of chaos. Will be forever grateful for their help. Was able to address my Board and my Community with truly accurate information in very short order. Not only made me look good, but more than competent.

Pros

It is tailored to an HOA or POA like ours without a great upfront investment.

Able to easily enter and extract information from the system.

Had TOTAL support in setting up the system from a spreadsheet I provided, plus some limited customization.

Cons

For the price, it is the best.
With our budget, this is the best of the best.

More importantly, the customer service is phenomenal.
These folks are available pretty much all the time, and immediately get back to me.
I know them, and they know me.
Love everyone of them!

John

HOA Piece of mind

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

The move of our financial package to MoneyMinder was Epic for our organization. The ease, accuracy and always helpful upbeat support team made the move to MoneyMinder the best organizational decision we have made.

Pros

Extremely easy to set up and the professional customer support team who explained and answered all our concerns.

Cons

Didn’t find any downside of moving to MoneyMinder, my only regret is not moving to MoneyMinder sooner.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing MoneyMinder

Ease of use!

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

Ease of use and professional support staff!
Lois

Great Product, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

It's easier to keep track of our PTA budget when our Income and Expenses are listed all in one line.

Pros

It's clear and straightforward. Easy to print different reports, depending on what information we are trying to compare. WAY easier to use than PTAvenue's financial tracking system.

Cons

Entries don't automatically save when moving from one entry to the previous or next one. You have to save it, go back to the register, and then scroll down to the next entry you might need to access or edit. Newer version doesn't have a way to import Square transactions. PDF reports printed under the new version don't have page numbers, even though the old one had page numbers in the top right corner.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the valuable feedback!
We've asked IT to bring back page numbers on the PDF exports in the new version. You're the first to report it. Thank you.
Also great idea to add a Save and Next so you can make changes and then keep on moving through your existing entries. It's on our to-do list.
Square import in the new version? So close. Look for this very soon.

Carey

Money Minder staff are amazing to work with. Customer rep have helped me a lot.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

It is super simple and easy to work with. There aren't a lot of screens to toggle thorough. Once you've built your first year the 2nd year is as simple as a copy. Its such a time saver.

Cons

I wish that if you decided to change coding that you didn't have to change all of the entries you have made to that code. I would be nice to enter the new GL code and then copy to everything entry made to the old GL code

Response from NonProfitCentral

Hi Carey,

It sounds like you're wanting to move a category from one heading to another. Is that right? If so, we can help you do that. Would you like to reach out to us for instructions?

[email protected]

Thanks!
Cyndi

Melinda

Excellent program and support

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Ease of documentation and knowing that your reports are correct each month.

Ease of documentation and knowing that your reports are correct each month.

Pros

The software allows you to capture a large amount of information in a very convenient way. You can customize how much or how little detail you want to include about your transactions. Overall the program is fairly intuitive to use and my favorite feature is the amazing support you receive when you call with questions.

Cons

There is no way to revert to previous budgets- so if you decide to do a budget revamp, and it doesn't pass at your meeting, you need to retype the entire thing back in. I wish there was a way to save favorited links so that I don't have to look through all the reports menus each time.

Reggie

Best Non-Profit Software I could find

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

Tracking members and billing is as easy as it gets.

Tracking members and billing is as easy as it gets.

Pros

Ease of use and support. It really does everything I had hoped it would do.

Cons

Nothing so far. I did have a little trouble with formating the Quick Books download but once that was accomplished the transition was easy.

Lorraine

Very easy transition to this software from other PTA-type software.

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Other than Quicken/QuickBooks or Excel, we had no other software options to our organization. This software is very easy to use and has all the tools needed for establishing and maintaining a non-profit budget.

Pros

I like that it's online, so I have access to our information from anywhere. It is also very easy to use, especially if you have any sort of prior experience with Quicken/QuickBooks/other PTA-type software.

Cons

I'm still getting used to the reports - they're not quite the same as the other PTA-type software (with which I was very familiar) would generate. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though - it is just something I have to get used to.

Molly
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Solid software for your non profit

Reviewed on 2022/01/22

Good - once you learn to use the software, it is easy to keep track of money. I also like that you can have several users at the same time so if someone needs to take over, they have access.

Pros

Money Minder has the best customer support I’ve ever experienced! While the software is t 100% intuitive, they have great staff who can walk you through your issues.

Cons

I wish payments integrated with contacts seamlessly instead of having to match them up.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Friendliness to non profits
Michael

New to the Product for our Associaton

Reviewed on 2023/08/08

The support team was AWESOME during our trial and launch. They never said no, only 'I can do that'. As a retired IT professional, you don't see that very often.

Pros

As a not-for-profit Lake Association, we kept all our records (membership, financial, etc.) in spreadsheets. With MMP, we now have one place as the 'system of record' for all that work, but in addition, the documents storage and management has been a big plus so that we don't have to hunt down who on the board has the current 'master' of a document.

Cons

We do about 5 mailings a year to our members. It would be nice to have label making capabilities within the product.

Joy
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

This software is easy for a non professional to work with ease.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I have had to call for support and had a great team member each time.

I have had to call for support and had a great team member each time.

Pros

Besides the ease, I love the fact that all information is being save off site. I wish their would be a program for my home use.

Cons

Better way to print only for current month.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the kind words. To get a print out for the current month, go to the Treasurer's Report. You can select a date range there! That might solve the problem.

Elizabeth

Easy to use and very readable reports

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

MoneyMinder is really easy to use. It's also really easy to customize reports to fit your organization's needs

Cons

I can't really think of any negatives! Great program!

Holly

NHPTA

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

We love MoneyMinder. It has been an amazing addition to our organization.

We love MoneyMinder. It has been an amazing addition to our organization.

Pros

It is so easy to use. Simple and adaptable to our organization.

Cons

The only thing we would like to see improved is to have more customization for the reports.

Jenny

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Pros

When I needed help they responded immediately and helped right away. Problem solved!

Cons

I haven’t found any complaints great company!

Michele
Michele

Great for budgeting

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

It is awesome

It is awesome

Pros

The ease of use for budgeting and book keeping!

Cons

Nothing! It’s been great so far! No complaints