NovaBACKUP Reviews

NovaBACKUP

Server, network & cloud backup solution

4.4/5 (9 reviews)
Mira E.

NovaStor Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Place the backup in a central location so that both local and remote backups are stored in the same secure location.

Pros

From the world of tape backup, I know that NAS backups don't need to switch tapes while running, so you can rest easy. I receive daily reports of all local and remote backup jobs.

Cons

At regular intervals, backup jobs will not run. The log did not explain the reason in detail. It is helpful to have more detailed logging.

Advice from others considering the product
NovaStor is capable of backing up VMs as well as Exchange and SQL data.

Chelsey B.

Easy to manage backups with NovaBackup

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

This is ideal for backing up all data files on your workstation to a single computer store. These files can also be selected manually without having to restore each file.

Pros

Easily set up scheduled backups of workstations and servers over the network. This allows you to manage backups of all workstations in one location using a single computer.

Cons

Incremental backup files do not always clear files when backing up redundant files.

Advice from others considering the product
This is an excellent backup system that supports removable storage. It is easy to set up.

George B.

Decent file based backup

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Overall a solid product with better than average support. This product would rate much higher by me if the backup was image based and not file based.

Pros

its reliable, does not require significant attention, communicates on success or failure.

Cons

its a file based backup, not image based. Therefore it is slow to process backups and restoring a single file can be painfully slow.

6.0/10
Jonathan S.

very fast and stable

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Novastor offers one of the fastest products around for physical and virtual backup. Their support staff was fantastic and helped us install our software free.

Pros

Speed, ease of use, overall stability

Cons

image based DR requires a couple extra steps but nothing major.

Gregg C.

I started with the single server product and quickly upgraded to the enterprise version.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

this product has never failed me and my firm. All my clients have had a great experience with NovaStor. Even when we have had storage crashes or needed migration, we had confidence in the backups provided by NovaStor.

Pros

The backup jobs were very easy to create, there are copy functions that allow you to re-create jobs for different servers on different days. The jobs run quickly and efficiently overnight and use minimal resources.

David D.

Novabackup is easy to use once setup. It is on autopilot!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

It backups my data for safekeeping.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the backup interface and once set up, it is on autopilot. It backups my data every night like clockwork. It provides me with reports when errors occur.

Cons

Once the file is saved, you cannot open it in a directory to see what you have saved. My previous backup software allowed me to review my backup files.

Linda R.

Highly capable with many extra features

Reviewed on 2011/12/08

NovaBACKUP is a backup program that we have been using for 8 months now. Users can choose either a backup wizard or manual configuration of setting which I consider very user friendly. For beginners the usage of the Wizard and the definition of the backup sets might be a little bit confusing. But this is something you need to figure out one time and then the usage of the software is easy to manage. There are four different types of backups: Full, Incremental, Differential and "Snap Shot". I think that offering these different types is a very useful feature. One of the advantages that this software offers is the great array of features and options.

Pros

Very reliable program
Online website support

Cons

Some of the settings are confusing for beginners

Ponde O.

easy to use software

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Easy to use software.

Pros

NovaStor DataCenter is a simple and easy to use software once it has been installed in a PC. One can always learn without much help

Cons

I am always not able to view the directory and see to confirm weather or not my files were saved,

Juan javier V.

very stable, easy to use, excellent speed

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/08/29

its use is easy, and very reliable

Pros

or the backup of files it is very easy to use, it provides reports when there are errors, In addition we have 4 ways to make our backup: (Complete, Incremental, Differential and Snapshot). These forms can be very useful.

Cons

There are types of configurations that can be confusing, not being able to see the directories to know if it has been saved.