Showing 18 reviews of 9

NovaBACKUP

Server, network & cloud backup solution

Showing 18 reviews of 9
Andrea S.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Back Up Storage

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

NovaBackUp is a pretty good system that allows you to save and store as much information as you need, for as long as you need.

Pros

I loved how Nova offered you an unlimited supply of backup storage and it allowed you to find documents oh so easily.

Cons

I did not like the price of this software. When I first purchased it I was using a discount code from my job, but then I found out that their were other companies that offered me the same services, with more perks, at a lower price.

Orestes S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Excellent storage and backup

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

When you need to store files and you want to make sure that they stay safe and protected, then this is the software for you!

Pros

The most important feature with this software, is the ability to store and save as many files as I need to and I am able to store them for an extended period of time. From my business receipts to my kids pictures. This software comes in handy for so much.

Cons

There is not anything that I have found at this point that I do not like about this software. I do not use it as much as my wife, but I have yet to hear her complain either.

Scott H.

Best backup server software

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Setup was easy and support was great.

Pros

User interface is very easy and product is reliable.

Cons

None, we switched from Symantec backup exec and have been very happy.

David D.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Novabackup is easy to use once setup. It is on autopilot!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

It backups my data for safekeeping.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the backup interface and once set up, it is on autopilot. It backups my data every night like clockwork. It provides me with reports when errors occur.

Cons

Once the file is saved, you cannot open it in a directory to see what you have saved. My previous backup software allowed me to review my backup files.

Linda R.

Highly capable with many extra features

Reviewed on 2011/12/08

NovaBACKUP is a backup program that we have been using for 8 months now. Users can choose either a backup wizard or manual configuration of setting which I consider very user friendly. For beginners the usage of the Wizard and the definition of the backup sets might be a little bit confusing. But this is something you need to figure out one time and then the usage of the software is easy to manage. There are four different types of backups: Full, Incremental, Differential and "Snap Shot". I think that offering these different types is a very useful feature. One of the advantages that this software offers is the great array of features and options.

Pros

Very reliable program
Online website support

Cons

Some of the settings are confusing for beginners

Donald B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Dependable

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

We are an accounting firm and perform an differential backup daily. This is important for tax return as well as client write-up work.

Pros

I like the fact that I can setup the application to notify me concerning the results of the backup routine every day at a time that reminds me to review the backup results

Cons

It takes more than twelve hours to complete an image backup. I have about 1.1 TB of data.

• Industry: Banking

Easy, affordable and complete backup solution

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

I have NovaBackup and HyperV in the same physical server, with jobs to backs up to a NAS. Easy, clean, efficient, Novastor is the best solution in the price range for this type of solutions. If I had a lot of physical machines, each of them with a lot of virtual machines it would lack a good centralized management. If the first is your use case (not much physical machines) it is probably the best solution and the best price you'll find.

Pros

It's easy to use and deploy, in case of disaster it's easy to take backup files to another fresh installation of NovaBackup without having to transfer any configurations. Backup speed normal/good, backup compression normal/good (no deduplication), multiple backup schedule options, good speed to recover from backup (faster than deduplication options from other softwares). GREAT for stand alone solution, good panel for virtual machine backup schedule and management (I have used only HyperV version). Backup files may be easily moved/copied at file level incase of need, no need of "export" or difficult backstage tricks.

Cons

I can't set expiration to individual backups nor retention, ie. in the case of virtual (HyperV) machines backup I can set "keep x backups" but if I want to keep one of them for whatever reason I must copy the files somewhere else before the rule deletes it, would like to have a "retain" button. No deduplication (although that's why it's easy to move the backup files and the restoration is faster). Mostly manual clean up of old backups (insufficient auto rules)

Herman D.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great backup software

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Pros

I use this to make daily backups to disk and a NVR. It does so flawlessly. I can also do a static image of the server and that makes restoring a server much easier.

Cons

Until recently the static imaging was not available.

George B.

Decent file based backup

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Overall a solid product with better than average support. This product would rate much higher by me if the backup was image based and not file based.

Pros

its reliable, does not require significant attention, communicates on success or failure.

Cons

its a file based backup, not image based. Therefore it is slow to process backups and restoring a single file can be painfully slow.