DoorLoop

Rental property management software

5 /5 (35 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Irving W.

The easiest and most affordable

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Pros

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Elan N.

Great

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

Pros

Ease of use and simplicity. Able to accomplish all tasks in one platform

Cons

Nothing. Everything in the system is great

Michael M.

More than what I need

Reviewed on 2021/01/25

Pros

Although I know I am not the typical customer, I use DL to manage a few of my personal investment rentals. I liked the automation aspect of the program. Since this isn’t my full-time job, I’m not able to be hands on all day and I needed a solution to automate as much as possible from rent collection, reminders, listings, lease renewals, and personal task reminders and deadlines. I don’t use all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done for what I’m looking for.

Cons

There is A LOT this software offers and I hope to one day use more of it when I have the bandwidth.

Or S.

Exactly what I needed

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Pros

How quick and easy it was to get onboarded and running. We had a project that just got acquired, and needed a PMS to organize everything from our tenants, leases, payments, and more. We didn’t have the time or energy to spend months mastering the more complicated programs in the market, so DoorLoop was the perfect fit.

Cons

Nothing yet. So far, I am very pleased with the service.

Automated my business and portfolio

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

The main reason we chose Doorloop is because we were spending too much time manually creating leases and renewals in microsoft word. Our staff was getting bogged down and couldn't keep up with the work so we urgently needed a program to help us automate as much as possible. Now we've setup templates and workflows to automate our leasing process, from sorting through our prospective tenants, to sending online calendars to schedule walkthroughs, to screening tenants, to renters insurance, and more. It's saved us a considerable amount of time so far.

Cons

Not every single thing is able to be automated yet, but I put in some suggestions and it seems like it's moving in the right direction. Like everything else, setup takes a bit of time, but after it's all done, we are saving much more time and getting more work done with the same amount of staff.

Jason M.

Fast customer service

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Can’t say enough great things about their software and support.

Pros

This software has the best customer service than any other PMS I’ve worked with. I’ve used Yardi, AppFolio, and Buildium in previous companies, and I never had a great experience when I needed help. Sure, they would answer my questions, but it could take anywhere from a few hours to days. With doorloop, it’s not unusual to get an answer within minutes. These are also American English speaking reps that are in the same timezone as us. Even though they don’t offer support on weekends, they still respond to my tickets if it’s important.

Cons

Although it’s a good security feature, I don’t want to always have to login with a code sent to my phone. I wish the industry in general came up with an easier method (webcam face recognition?).

David E.

Great for commercial properties

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

I couldn’t find a software that was really built for commercial properties. Many of them were a one-size fits all approach, jack of all trades, master of none. Doorloop really focuses strongly on both residential and commercial, and does both perfectly. I’m able to run all the reports needed that other companies didn’t have available

Cons

It's a new software so sometimes hard to find a specific page, However once used for more than few days very easy to learn to navigate

Stephen R.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Finally a PMS for the 21st Century

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

Very fortunate I was invited to be an early access member. Accounting is super easy to use and runs very robust reports. Also the design and user-interface were both clearly well thought-out – intuitive for sure.

Cons

While the software works really well from my cell phone, would be nice to have a dedicated app.

Raul P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for property management, decent for project/construction management

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Great for property management, decent for project/construction management

Pros

The software really excels at property management and does everything under the sun that anyone would ever need.

Cons

It’s not really meant for project/construction management, so we are using some workarounds to make it work.

David V.

The technology I’ve been waiting for

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros

Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons

API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

Jason M.

Property Management Accounting Done Right

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

We chose Doorloop because of the property management accounting capabilities. It did everything we wanted and checked off every box on our list plus more. We can now run financial statements for each individual property. We can see profit & loss reports per property. We can maintain double-entry accounting accuracy. Doorloop comes pre-built with many reports we can use out of the box. They did most of the hard work for us which we really appreciated.

Cons

Waiting on an integration with Quickbooks.

Adam J.

Automated my entire portfolio

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Pros

The software helped me automate everything from listings, marketing, screening, renters insurance, lease agreements, to even renewals. I was using Yardi Breeze before, but it just wasn’t cutting it in terms of automation.

Cons

It's missing a couple of reports I like to use, but I was told that they will be available in the next couple of months.

Aryeh S.

Makes your company organized

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Pros

Doorloop forces you to stay organized. As property managers, there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done or get back to prospects or active tenants that have questions or maintenance requests. When we needed to find any document, lease agreement, contract, or anything in general, it would take forever to comb through our emails, digital and paper files, even though we were already scanning everything into our Dropbox. We still can everything, but now we put it directly into Doorloop so it's searchable in one click and we can see everything based on each property, unit, or tenant. It sounds silly, but the search button on the top left of the program is probably one of our most heavily used features. We're able to find any document, lease, tenant, or task instantly. For all the property managers out there reading this: if youre like me and know you could be more organized, give doorloop or any of the other programs a try. Anything is better than nothing, trust me.

Cons

I still wish I had more time in the day!

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Excellent bookkeeping tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall I’ve been very pleased with the ease of use in setting everything up. It was a very similar process to quickbooks so everything translated over nicely.

Pros

The best part of this program is that I can keep track of my investments, expenses, revenue, balance sheets, and P&L for multiple properties all from one central location.

Cons

Nothing, I love the reporting. I just hope that my accountant will love it when it’s time for taxes.

Bryan L.

property management accounting that replaces quickbooks

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

That we can finally separate our bookkeeping per property while still being connected so we can pay 1 vendor for multiple properties. QBO didn't allow us to pay a vendor, like a plumber, to do work across our different properties. We would have to login to each separate QBO Company, write a check, then do the same for each property and each vendor. This process would take our staff a full day just to pay vendors when it could have taken only 1 hour, which it now does. We still use quickbooks for our company accounting (payroll, expenses, etc..), but no longer use it for our property accounting (rent payments, vendor bills, etc...). The best part is, doorloop works exactly like QBO, so it's very familiar to all of us and required very little training.

Cons

No QBO sync yet but I'm told it's in the works.

Daniel B.

Saving me so much time with everything

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

Personally know some of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]- very solid team, great track record and history of successful ventures, fully support them and everything they’re doing and hope to help both of us grow our businesses together. Plus the software is so BEAUTIFULLY designed. By far the nicest, newest, and easiest to use.

Cons

Could be cool to include an SMS feature. I think it can be done with Zapier but I have not attempted it yet.

They actually listen to your advice and suggestions

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

Pros

The team and people behind the scenes. This is a team of people that truly care about your success. They listen to your suggestions, they want your feedback, and they may even implement your ideas and features. The first time I brought something up, they scheduled a 30 minute call and wanted to know every detail of what I envisioned. They wanted to know why that feature would benefit my business, why it mattered so much to us, how much time it could help us save, and if there was another way to solve it in the meantime. Very few companies take the time to listen to their users, but doorloop is one of those companies.

Cons

I know not every suggestion I make will be built into the software, but I would love to see a “what’s coming” area.

Aron O.

Helps manage our buildings efficiently

Reviewed on 2021/01/31

With a development and software engineering background, I can confidently say this program is one of the best developed programs in the industry that utilizes the latest dev languages.

Pros

This was exactly what we were looking for in terms of office leasing, building management, and prospecting. Since we manage numerous buildings, we really liked the ability to have separate logins for each building with separate tenant portals, logos, designs, and more.

Cons

Nothing at the moment, but we’re still fairly new and learning the program.

Seth Z.

Ease and Efficiency – Helping my business grow

Reviewed on 2020/11/29

Pros

DoorLoop’s software helps me to easily keep track of prospects, bills, delinquencies, vendors, and so much more. I used to be inundated with paperwork, but now I am so much more organized. Frankly, DoorLoop is helping me save money while scaling. I also, know one of the owners very well and trust him. And if he is involved, then in addition to DoorLoop being a great software, the company itself is in very good hands.

Cons

While I am super happy about being one of the first users (we call ourselves Loopers), I wish I could have invested in this product…it is really that good. But if I had to choose something, I wish they had a service that customized the checks I use to pay vendors, versus me having to order them separately from another vendor.

Matthew S.

Great product and customer service!!!

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Easy easy easy

Pros

One-click global search for all of my properties (including, tenants, vendors, and much more) saves me so much time. The tenant portal, where I can communicate with my tenants, has also made me much more organized.

Cons

Would be great if there was a one-click option that would help me migrate over my data from the previous software I was using (not sure that any software actually has that feature); but not really not a big deal.

Scott W.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

DoopLoop --- my new favorite Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Terrific

Pros

The built-in CRM that enables us to keep track of all of our contacts including tenants, owners, vendors, and subcontractors. We had a major issue keeping track of our maintenance requests. Tenants would call or email us with their requests, and sometimes our staff didn't put it into our excel sheet which made some requests fall through the cracks. Now we're able to offer a tenant portal where all requests must be made online. Our tenants can get status updates, and our staff can follow the progress on each request to completion. Not one request has slipped through the cracks since we implemented the software.

Cons

Nothing as of yet. website functionality will continue to be improved since software is new so I expect it will only get better

Izhak M.

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

Reviewed on 2020/12/13

Pros

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Rajiv J.

Checked every box on our list

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

Pros

We are a family owned and operated development company that also keeps and manages some of the properties we build. As such, I was specifically tasked with finding the best software for our needs. The extensive criteria included a full accounting module, built-in reporting, CRM for tracking prospective tenants, payment processing, vendor bill-pay, and more. DOORLOOP was one of the few companies that ticked every box on our list. It’s been about 8 months of use and we’ve been thrilled to see the number of improvements they keep on releasing. The software is only getting better and we’re confident we made the right choice.

Cons

The renter’s insurance isn’t offered through the renter application process yet. At the moment we are just referring our residents to the current provider we recommend.

Josh B.

Automates my rent collection

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Pros

Doorloop has saved me the incredible hassle of collecting rent the old-fashioned way with paper checks and cash. I would have to drive an hour away to visit my properties and collect rent in person. And if they didn't pay - I would have to come back! During the COVID quarantines, I no longer wanted to see people in person, so I looked for a better way and found Doorloop. My tenants get their own login for their own tenant portal where they can pay by credit card or eCheck on autopilot every month. And if they don't pay on time? Well...that's what an automatic late fee is for :)

Cons

Still trying to figure out how to handle tenants that want to pay by cash only.

Daniel S.

Fastest PMS I've tried to date

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Pros

This software is fast! Like really really fast. Everything just works perfectly out of the box. Generating reports takes seconds, not hours. It used to take us over 12 hours sometimes to generate reports on other programs.
The team at DOORLOOP really went out of their way to make sure this software was easy to use and took less clicks to get to the most important parts of the program, which our team really appreciated.

Cons

While they do have an incredibly robust accounting suite, we are waiting on 2 reports to be built which the team said they will be adding shortly.