DoorLoop

Save time, make more money and grow your portfolio.

Izhak
Izhak

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

Reviewed on 2020/12/13

Pros

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

The reporting was the biggest draw for me as being able to get a quick and clear picture of everything that's going on is vital for me to be successful

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The detailed accounting system was a huge part of why I decided to go with DoorLoop as it means I no longer have need for QuickBooks
Tanya

Help with organization

Reviewed on 2024/01/31

Overall I have been pleased with doorloop. The online payment has been extremely helpfulI.

Pros

The online payments for the tenants. And great customer service.

Cons

I wish I had the availability to send invoices to clients who do not pay on line and a daily close for payments would be helpful.

justin

Optimistic, but frustrated User

Reviewed on 2023/01/27

Disappointed and frustrated are the best words to describe my experience with Doorloop. But I haven't given up yet. I'm invested too much of my own time to give up just yet.

Pros

Overall, the potential of Doorloop is amazing. My sales rep was very persuasive and wish the product was as helpful and as automated as he had implied. Syncing bank accounts via Plaid is a major plus! The UI is much better than competitors.

Cons

The onboarding has been really frustrating. All of customer support is helpful, especially [sensitive content hidden], but access to customer support is limited. In some instance it has taken me over a week to book time with [sensitive content hidden].

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

I wanted a cloud based software which would speed up data entry by syncing bank and credit card accounts and auto reconciled reoccurring transactions.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The Salesperson really sold me on the ease of the product and the automation of financial reconcilation.

Response from DoorLoop

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that our bank sync and UI have been helpful to us.

We're sorry to hear that your onboarding process has been frustrating. It's very important to us to make sure that every one of our members works with a real person, not a bot. With that said, we are growing our team in order to make sure that wait times are as low as possible.

If there's anything at all we can do to help make the onboarding process smoother for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Barbara
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

DoorLoop has been a great Product for our Unique Business Model

Reviewed on 2023/11/30

Overall, we are very pleased with DoorLoop. Our members love the portal and being able to set up their payments through an automatic deduction or schedule it every month. They are also able to get notifications and documents through their portal. The reporting is very good, also receiving and making payments is very easy. Setting up the chart of accounts using our format was very easy. Overall a very good experience.

Pros

The flexibility DoorLoop offers to test to ensure your business model will work in their system. We spoke to 3 other major property management software systems and they were unwilling to pursue investigating with us. We like how easy the system is to use and all the help including the on line training material.

Cons

That we were not advised prior to implementation that to get the full functionality/integration of automatic bank reconciliation and syncing, we needed to verify that our bank would accept the interface. Therefore, we have to do manual bank reconciliations and have to check our bank account for the actual balance.

Response from DoorLoop

Barbara,

It was a pleasure learning about your business, and training you and your team on the system. You are a perfect example that DoorLoop works for anything with a door.

We are always pushing updates, especially to the reconciliation, and cannot wait to make DoorLoop even better for you!

Alison

Happy with DoorLoop overall

Reviewed on 2024/01/25

Overall, I am happy with them so far. We have just used them for a month, and I could give a better review when I am more used to the software and have had more time with it.

Pros

I feel they provide almost all the features other property management software companies provide for a better price. I am very happy with the one-on-one zoom call support they provide as we've gotten things set up in their system.

Cons

I do not have a way for my tenants to pay their rent in cash (i.e. connectivity to a cash payment at a 7-11 or via a Western Union location.)

The home page is focused on trends and reports. My focus is more on using the software as a tool, as opposed to reviewing profits. So some of the ways to get to specific features I use the most are not quickly accessible and I have to access them in a roundabout way instead of directly. (For example: I cannot easily access a tenant list for a specific property without having to filter it to a portfolio, or the "leases" feature is redundant to the "tenants" feature and I have to go through additional clicks to navigate to either spot.)

Ryan

Solid tool for users for small property managers

Reviewed on 2024/01/03

We have had a positive experience with DoorLoop as our business has grown. It meets our base needs.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. The base rigidity of the system make it intuitive and easy to navigate for almost all users.

Cons

They have been evolving and some of their base processes change. They do it for improvement, but it is difficult as an existing user to change processes on the fly. Their release implementation could be better.

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Ease of Use for small property management. Customer support for smaller PMs.
Tiffany

DoorLoop Review

Reviewed on 2024/02/06

Overall I have been nothing but pleased with DoorLoop

Overall I have been nothing but pleased with DoorLoop

Pros

DoorLoop is extremely user friendly. Set up was easy and integrated very well. Customer service by far always exceeds my expectations.

Cons

The only con I have seen with using DoorLoop is that some of the reports could be a bit more customizable. However, I will say they always take feedback and are constantly improving.

AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

More cost effective and easier to use for commercial properties.
Robert

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

I like the ease of use and my tenants seem to like it as well which means I get my rents hassle-free

Pros

I like that all facets of managing my real estate portfolio are in one portal.

Cons

The cost is higher than many products but seems like it offers a total package

Kimberly

Resource Saving Tool

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

It is alot upfront but definitely worth it. If you were starting from scratch with a new business it is an absolute must. We will continue to use this app and expect next year to go even smoother.

Pros

The ability to access accounting and rental information virtually. Great customer/product support through topic search, online chat and zoom meetings.

Cons

The annual rent increases are not automatically populated in the Doorloop tenant portal .

Courtney

Best addition to my life! Great support team

Reviewed on 2024/01/25

I love the ease of getting a P and L or balance sheet! This program is very easy to manuver

Pros

The ease of use and the support team, you write them and they email you a response

Cons

That all bank accounts don’t communicate with Plaid.

Parker

Great for property managers and owners - from one door to many

Reviewed on 2023/10/12

Pros

The product is fairly intuitive and has role based access that can be customized for various users of the system. The customer support is great and the online help and training is very good as well. The doorloop team takes time and quickly answers questions/concerns. The product is also improved regularly with new features and options made available nearly monthly.

Cons

The one feature I miss would be the ability to move a tenant from unit A to unit B during the lease period. This may be an edge case but I have had a few times where a tenant had to move to another unit but kept the original lease - doorloop requires you start over on the lease to accomplish this at the moment.

Apartments.com Rental Manager

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Feature set and overall cost of doorloop made it the preferred choice

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The licensed version of apartments.com was too expensive in my opinion and lacked some of the overall features of doorloop in comparison.
Matthew

The best parts of Gmail and Quickbooks Combined

Reviewed on 2022/08/15

So far I have been extremely satisfied and my experience seems to only be getting better and better. The support has made the clunky transition between PM software way less daunting.

Pros

I was drawn in by the aesthetic and features of the platform, captivated by the intuitive, simple, and effective features, and wow'ed by the above and beyond customer service.

I was previously using quickbooks and it was a little clunky and relative overkill for what we needed out of our accounting software. This simplified the process while consolidating the management side of what we needed. Having multiple properties across multiple LLCs manageable from one screen is already a big time saver.

Cons

Most of the features that are missing are currently being added. One things I would be interested in seeing is a way to pull information from receipts to auto populate into bill pay fields (though, I realized this is a feature that is a bit more complicated to add). The fact that you can attach photos and documents to each bill satisfies that for me.

Buildium and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

More streamlined software to manage multiple properties and automate our accounting.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Ultimately the User Interface sold me. However the customer service really has blown me away.
Peter

Great software

Reviewed on 2022/08/29

We are now able to have all our property information, project tracking, accounting, property management, and reporting in one place that allows all our team members to use the software how they need to. Very effective tool for our business that helps our team members track and report their individual responsibilities.

Pros

We needed an all in one solution for residential, commercial, short term, and construction projects. Although DoorLoop isn't made for some of these, it was very easy to implement their features for all of our needs (Their task tracking and accounting are super helpful in project management)

Cons

Seems like there are some small features that they don't have that would be very useful. For example, no short term rental feature, only month to month or fixed term leasing periods.

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Was a cheap option that was good for tracking a few residential properties, when we merged the management of all our properties, we needed a more robust flexible solution.

RentRedi

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

DoorLoop and Yardi had about the same features at around the same price point. The task Tracking in DoorLoop was much better, and in general DoorLoop seemed more user friendly and flexible.
Steven

Great Option for less than 50 Door Owners.

Reviewed on 2023/09/04

Pros

It is very easy to use and is very powerful. There is more than what I expected. I needed a platform to replace my property management team and Door Loop is proving to be an excellent choice. They provide on-line training to guide thru training of its features. I have since gone 'live' within two months of initial setup and rents were collected with no hiccups. I also had to turn one property and did so with only a one day vacancy. DoorLoop provided the basis to list, and screen tenants and provide background checks to make the best decision possible for tenant selection.

Cons

Onboarding sessions always seem rushed with only 30-45 minutes of training. Then rescheduling can be around a week away. In fairness, you can use the help feature and someone live will address any issues that may arise. There are many how to videos, but they are short and circustantial. It would be great to possibly have lectures on all the features, especially the accounting and reporting capabilities. I would love to learn more about the power of Door Loop.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

To take control of my business. Too much was handed over to a less than capable property management company.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

User friendly, sales support team, you tube videos and competitive pricing
joseph

Best Software so far

Reviewed on 2023/10/03

Pros

The ease of use, the organization and the way the information flows it makes the software usable for anyone without having to be an accountant for bookkeeping. Also the service is amazing.

Cons

The only con is the office accounting has to be done as if I had an extra unit and charge everything there or split charges between properties so its not always even splits between all units even if some take a little bit more care than others.

Renta App, AppFolio Property Manager and Rentec Direct

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Because of the service and the ease of use!

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Price/quality is better and the service, doorloop has the best service I have had up until now in the short 5 years I have in the industry.
Kimberly

The support couldn't be better!

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Property management is a new adventure for us and the support we have received throughout the process has been outstanding. From the chat to video calls, I have never been disappointed or unable to get an issue addressed.

Pros

I really appreciate how intuitive the software is and that there are multiple ways to get to the same place. The way the different features connect to others allow for efficient use of both time and effort for all users. Even if they are accessing through the app. This is well thought out and designed software.

Cons

The hardest part has been vocabulary - some items a called something different than what we call them and getting that lined out was a challenge.

AppFolio Property Manager, RealPage and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

While DoorLoop didn't have all the features we were looking for, to a person they did everything to win our business. From the sales team to the onboarding. Most property management software does the same things, it is the people that make the difference.
Dorothy

Best on-the-go rental property software

Reviewed on 2023/03/28

I would highly recommend using DoorLoop to manage your rental properties.

I would highly recommend using DoorLoop to manage your rental properties.

Pros

DoorLoop covers everything you need to manage your real estate properties. And it has a mobile app so you can manage on-the-go from anywhere.

Cons

Some features are not available in Canada.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

The other software was not as user friendly and harder to navigate. Google spreadsheets were time consuming and we had to create everything from scratch.

Pendo and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The other software didn't have as many features and we had to have a minimum of 150 doors to get started.
Colin

Easy Product to Use for Property Management and Accounting

Reviewed on 2023/06/06

Pros

DoorLoop software is easy to use and the reporting at the property level is essential to making informed businesses decisions.

Cons

It would be great if DoorLoop had a history of journal entries so you could go back and audit if a mistake was made.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Needed detailed financial statements.

Microsoft Excel

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with DoorLoop!

We're thrilled to hear that our software has met your expectations and provided you with a seamless property management solution.

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

If you ever have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Joe

Why I choose DoorLoop

Reviewed on 2023/09/24

Great customer service and very responsive to our feedback for improvements. I don't hesitate to recommend it to other apartment operators for their business.

Pros

DoorLoop has an ease-of-use scale that allows you to get up and running with your property business in a very short period of time. The ability for residents to access a resident-facing portal was important in this day and age. I compared competitors and their products, availability of a resident portal, on-boarding time and chose DoorLoop because it allowed us to get moving on with understanding the apartment community and it's "quirks."

Cons

Limited option for screening and background check and lack of integration with BlueMoon TAA online lease application. The DoorLoop's partnership doesn't allow us to take advantage of the revenue stream we could otherwise have with some others. The current offering costs twice as much which means our residents would be paying more for application and screening fees. Our own business relationship with an outside service allows us a greater revenue stream while allowing us to charge a smaller fee for the same service to our residents. This means that we have redundant process where we have residents do their online lease in Bluemoon, then have to create a link to the application from DoorLoop just to be able to get to the payment screen for the residents.Another challenge is reporting for a partnership with passive investors. In order to accomplish this, we have to export to a CVS file and generate a spreadsheet report that provides the right information to our passive investors.

ResMan and Buildium
Mitchell
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

A User-Friendly Oasis in Property Management!

Reviewed on 2023/12/27

Our experience with Doorloop has been nothing short of exceptional. From its user-friendly interface to the outstanding support staff, Doorloop has truly proven itself as a reliable and efficient platform for our needs.

One of the standout features of Doorloop is its user-friendly design. Navigating through the platform is a breeze, thanks to its intuitive layout and well-thought-out functionalities. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a newcomer to property management, Doorloop provides a seamless experience that simplifies complex tasks. The clean and organized interface allows for easy access to all the necessary tools, making our workflow significantly smoother.

The support staff at Doorloop has been a true asset to our experience. The team is not only knowledgeable and responsive but also genuinely dedicated to helping users make the most of the platform. Any questions or concerns we had were addressed promptly, and the support team went above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction. Their commitment to customer service sets Doorloop apart in an industry where support can make a significant difference.

Additionally, Doorloop's commitment to regular updates and improvements is commendable. The platform evolves with the changing needs of the property management industry, ensuring that users have access to the latest features and technologies. This forward-thinking approach reflects Doorloop's dedication to providing a cutting-edge solution for property management.

In conclusion, our overall experience with Doorloop has been wonderful. Its user-friendly interface, coupled with the exceptional support staff, has made our management tasks more efficient and enjoyable. We highly recommend Doorloop to anyone in the property management industry looking for a reliable and feature-rich platform that truly cares about its users.

Mitchell McGhee
General Manager

Pros

We love the ease of use with this software. As well as the amazing customer service staff! Any time we have an issue we are assisted quickly ( usually less than 10 minutes )

Cons

The only complaint that we have is when we first signed up for DoorLoop we were able to run credit card payments through the portal. Now it says impersonating a tenant. We have quite a few guests that stay with us annually and used to take their payments through the portal but now have to have them write a check or utilize square.

Paul

Easy tracking of payments

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

We are very happy with DoorLoop. It makes it easier for us to track charges and payments, as well as giving us access to a professional-looking statement for our tenants. Very happy with the online payments.

Pros

We love using DoorLoop to track rent charges and payments. This is the bulk of what we use it for. We do not yet use all of the accounting functions.
It automatically posts the charges along with any late fees, and notifies the tenant of those charges. I love that it gives our tenants the ability to pay online, as so many things are done this way nowadays. They even have the option to pay with a credit card if necessary. I can print a statement any time, easily access copies of invoices, and add notes to their account.

Cons

We are a small property management company, so we probably use DoorLoop differently than others. Tenants are responsible for utilities, but our City requires the landlord (us) to keep utilities in our name. So, we charge the tenants to reimburse. Currently there is no way to post the charge and include an attachment of the bill that THEY can view in the portal. We have to create a separate communication and include that bill. So I'm doing everything twice.
Also, I wish I could filter the lease search by property and also by "active" leases. Currently, it auto sorts to the tenants first name and if I set a filter for active leases, it still sorts the same way.

Susie
  • Industry: Executive Office

Great software for property management

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

Overall, I am very happy with the software and I am currently working to master it to make the most of all the features it offers. Great, easy to navigate platform, and the reporting features are similar to more expensive similar software I have used in the past. I wish it was integrated with the PetScreening platform.

Pros

I appreciate the corresponding "Need Help" information buttons for whatever task you are attempting in the software. It is a very user friendly platform, with a central "Create New" button to lead you to any task needed to be performed. I went with this company because of the owner and tenant portal options. The accounting features, and "application to tenant" process are very simplified and time saving. Amazing reporting and maintenance features.

Cons

My cons would be that the accounting is property related accounting, and if you need to account for monies such as interest and opening bank deposit you have to create a "dummy property" to account for that money. It took awhile to get the online payment portion set-up and the starting limits on amount of money allowed to be collected online for rent was too low and took extra work to "ask" for it to be raised, and until the limit was adjusted my tenant could not pay through the tenant portal. The cost to send documents through the software to be signed such as a lease are charged per transaction, and seems high to me, but you can also upload a signed lease so you don't have to use it. The tenants are also charged a ACH fee.

Sarah

Great features and amazing customer service 90 percent of the time

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

I recommend everyone start off using door loop for a new fiscal year. If you start in the middle of the year your work will be 10 times as hard setting up. Customer service is amazing and the reps are very informative. I love that I can get help with any question in the matter of minutes. It accurately tracks all of our shopping plaza and storage unit tenants and takes out most of the work. Do verify all of the lease information entered by DoorLoop for you in the initial set up as I found a few tenants were missing information or listed as being charged the incorrect rent. Fixing it was super easy but just a warning. I would definitely give it a try as they are constantly updating and adding things users suggest and I suspect this product will only get better with time.

Pros

After setting up your account the software itself is user friendly. It takes a few weeks to get used to everything but customer service reps are extremely helpful and patient in helping you throughout the process.

Cons

Some customer service reps do not read your questions thoroughly and will send you help suggestions that you have stated to them you already tried. Others are amazing and extremely helpful so I would say 9 out of 10 customer service reps are amazing. I wish there was more accounting based webinars/ help articles going into common problems and scenarios. I also really wish they allowed for you to pay for your doorloop subscription via a bank account instead of Credit Card only.

Travis

A pretty solid choice for property management

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

Customer service has been great and I'm optimistic that Doorloop will continue to improve their software in the near future. Although the text limitations and communication credits are annoying, I'd still choose this software over the competitors. It's simple to setup, tenants seem to enjoy the mobile app, and is reliable for collecting rent, assigning tasks, etc. We've tried 3-4 other management software options and are proud to stick with Doorloop as we grow.

Pros

Customer service is incredible. Software is reliable and adequate.

Cons

Text messages are limited to 140 characters through the portal. Communication credits are required for lease signing. These credits cost money in addition to the monthly payment. This seems like a silly money grab and should be included in the premium. There could be more automated features for lease signing fields.

Rhiannon

DoorLoop has tremendously helped our rental property business!

Reviewed on 2022/08/26

We have loved using this software and plan to continue to use it.

We have loved using this software and plan to continue to use it.

Pros

It is very user-friendly and flows nicely. It allows we to visualize all aspects of our business in a cohesive way and helps me to stay organized and keep track of our expenses.

Cons

I wish there weren't different tiered brackets with higher associated fees. Even the basic plan is a bit much for our budget and we don't get access to phone support and additional features.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Quickbooks was not rental property-friendly.

Quickbooks Online

Response from DoorLoop

Hi Rhiannon - thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad to know that DoorLoop's ease of use has been helpful. As far as pricing goes: we hear you, and it's important to us to keep our prices as low as possible while still remaining competitive for the features that we offer. We always want to make sure you're taken care of. If you ever have a question about the software, we will do everything we can do provide the best support possible in minutes! Thank you again for your review and for being a part of the Looper family.